Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 43 of 134 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

Wishful thinking. That's not a jab or anything, it's my honest-to-god opinion. It's wishful thinking. I think you knew this to begin with anyway considering:

Quote Originally Posted by Oathencrantz
    Of course, judging by the recent chapter thread not many people are happy with what has transpired but they never are when something works against their "perfect" heroes, i.e. Itachi and Minato.
    You brought the situation to light before I even remarked about it, lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

But that's how Itachi and Minato are portrayed by Kishi and there's ample proof that when there's a slight chink in their perfection, it is followed by disbelief and annoyance.

For example...

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Though it was a sound Genjutsu (neat that he made a flute out of bone matter, lol) which could have alot to do with it, (inwhich case I have to deal with Jiraiya fanboys expecting Jiraiya to put up any kind of a real fight against Sasuke or Itachi in the arena threads from now on).
    This is nothing new, people have BEEN saying that Gamarinsho could work on Sasuke and Itachi so how does it make anyone a fanboy when they believe Jiraiya can indeed put up a fight against the Uchiha brothers?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oathencrantz
    This is nothing new, people have BEEN saying that Gamarinsho could work on Sasuke and Itachi so how does it make anyone a fanboy when they believe Jiraiya can indeed put up a fight against the Uchiha brothers?
    They've been saying it, but had nothing to base it on other than the fact that they assumed the Sharingan could do nothing against a sound Genjutsu (proven wrong btw). Now they actually have a viable argument, which makes that slim straw they held on to have a bit more girth. Also, like the very first post I quoted in here, people are already glossing over the fact that Sasuke and Itachi did indeed break out of Tayuya's Genjutsu, going as far as to say the Sharingan was "useless".

You can consider it an unbiased debate without trolls and fanboys when people aren't blowing things out of proportion to that degree, sure. But not everyone's gonna be rational enough to look at it objectively. I also didn't say every Jiraiya supporter was a fanboy. Some could simply be... misinformed.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oathencrantz View Post
    Problem would be being able to do Gamarinsho. Sasuke or Itachi won't give him a chance to get into Sage Mode like Animal Realm Pain did. Even if they did, getting far enough away could be hard for Jiraiya, especially if Sasuke and Itachi can still see.

Honestly, it's not the attack itself that should worry anyone who thinks JIraiya will win, but how Jiraiya will be able to get to that point. Ken can't block effectively against small people like he can against summons, and both Uchiha have long-range attacks. Not to mention, they can do genjutsu on Jiraiya as well. Maybe Jiraiya can escape Sasuke's, but at this point it's farfetched to assume he can escape Itachi's.

It's not just the jutsu itself that should be focused on, but how the shinobi will get there. Kirin will be almost one hit KO on Nagato, but they have to consider how Sasuke will set it up and whether he'll last long enough. Nagato has plenty of ways to take on and even kill Sasuke.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Unless they can turn their torso they can't see at 360° since they only can turn their neck, also Susano'o is in no way infinite, so it would be only a matter of time.
    Yet, would a Susano'o megapunch free Uchihas from a genjutsu?
    Shika used the shadow to break his finger, a Susano'o blow was showed to be pretty heavy, so...

/endinsanetheory
    They wouldn't have to see 360°, since if the attack isn't coming from the front or sides then it leaves only the back as the target. And Susanoo wouldn't have to be infinite, merely held long enough for one to break out of the genjutsu by regular means. Why a punch? Susanoo's dexterity seems like they probably could just pinch themselves with it's giant fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    He can only turn his head so much. I'd Also say that Susanoo is a double edge sword, more in his case than his brothers. Assuming were aren't talking about edo Itachi.
    Even with the limitations, would still be useful for all but a direct attack to the back. And unless it's near death Itachi, Susanoo shouldn't be that much of a double edge blade from what we have seen.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    They wouldn't have to see 360°, since if the attack isn't coming from the front or sides then it leaves only the back as the target. And Susanoo wouldn't have to be infinite, merely held long enough for one to break out of the genjutsu by regular means. Why a punch? Susanoo's dexterity seems like they probably could just pinch themselves with it's giant fingers.

Even with the limitations, would still be useful for all but a direct attack to the back. And unless it's near death Itachi, Susanoo shouldn't be that much of a double edge blade from what we have seen.
    Well I doubt that the one that would trap the Uchiha wouldn't take into account that he can move his neck, and so he would attack to the back.
    As for Susano'o, I intented that for causing pain to the Uchiha:
    we know that Tayuya's genjutsu are escapable through pain, so Susano'o sucker punching the Uchiha would work.

Well, I would prefer to fight a very still Uchiha instead of a fully mobile Uchiha lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's another thing: Sasuke remarked that Susanoo feels like every cell in your body is on fire when it's activated. I'd say that constitutes as pain enough to get out of a Genjutsu. I guess the argument could be made that he's gotten used to Susanoo's physical stress due to constant usage of it, but I dunno. I suppose the difference between Danzo's seal and Tayuya's Genjutsu is that, instead of holding your chakra back, since it's a Genjutsu it just distorts your chakra, making it tough to manifest Susanoo.

Atleast that's what I'm gonna tell myself to make since of their Susanoo failing during that Genjutsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

LOOL I saw this coming. Once a chapter revails a weekness in a jutsu, you can bet many people are gonna use that to their advantage in the fantasy fights. They're only fantasy fights, nothing official or fact. This is really why I base who would likely win on how Kishi displays the character involved and non can change my mind regardless of what feets they display. Only Kishi can change my mind without question because in this manga all authority is given to him

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Problem would be being able to do Gamarinsho. Sasuke or Itachi won't give him a chance to get into Sage Mode like Animal Realm Pain did. Even if they did, getting far enough away could be hard for Jiraiya, especially if Sasuke and Itachi can still see.

Honestly, it's not the attack itself that should worry anyone who thinks JIraiya will win, but how Jiraiya will be able to get to that point. Ken can't block effectively against small people like he can against summons, and both Uchiha have long-range attacks. Not to mention, they can do genjutsu on Jiraiya as well. Maybe Jiraiya can escape Sasuke's, but at this point it's farfetched to assume he can escape Itachi's.

It's not just the jutsu itself that should be focused on, but how the shinobi will get there. Kirin will be almost one hit KO on Nagato, but they have to consider how Sasuke will set it up and whether he'll last long enough. Nagato has plenty of ways to take on and even kill Sasuke.
    The Sages sound based tech isn't limited to just one, there are others i.e Frog Call which doesn't require time or SageMode to use

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Well I doubt that the one that would trap the Uchiha wouldn't take into account that he can move his neck, and so he would attack to the back.
    As for Susano'o, I intented that for causing pain to the Uchiha:
    we know that Tayuya's genjutsu are escapable through pain, so Susano'o sucker punching the Uchiha would work.

Well, I would prefer to fight a very still Uchiha instead of a fully mobile Uchiha lol
    Would depend on how much they knew about the techniques effect on different people. Itachi and Sasuke took Tayuya's genjutsu much differently the Shikamaru did. There's also the chance Itachi would allow them to think he couldn't move his head just so he could take advantage of that flaw.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SupremeMod's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oathencrantz View Post
    I've been saying for the longest time that there's no reason for the Frog Song to be ineffective against Itachi and Sasuke. Dunno where this misconception that genjutsu doesn't work on the Uchiha came from.

Versus Kurenai, Itachi said "genjutsu on this level will not work against me". From that alone, it can be interpreted that genjutsu on a higher level could indeed work, and Gamarinsho happens to be that. Of course, judging by the recent chapter thread not many people are happy with what has transpired but they never are when something works against their "perfect" heroes, i.e. Itachi and Minato.
    Exactly. If the Uchiha bros weren't already looking at each other they would have been done in with a relatively weak auditory genjustu. Pretty sad actually. lol I've been calling it from day one. Kishi finally showed why Itachi himself stated he couldn't defeat Jiraiya.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how you can say it was a "relatively weak" auditory genjutsu. It was B-rank before being boosted by Kabuto's sage abilities. And as pointed out, them aiding each other could simply have been the fastest means of escaping then individually attempting to break it. The fact that they could move somewhat and still use their MS techniques suggest he wouldn't have been all that defenseless.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanna see how fast Naruto can break out of a genjutsu, at least advanced genjutsu. If he can do it in less than five seconds, then Itachi's chances of winning are even lower. The only defense Itachi would have is the Shield, if not Susano'o, and the only offense he'd have is the Sword, if other Susano'o attacks aren't strong enough. Well, Amaterasu too, but I guess that depends.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeMod View Post
    Exactly. If the Uchiha bros weren't already looking at each other they would have been done in with a relatively weak auditory genjustu. Pretty sad actually. lol I've been calling it from day one. Kishi finally showed why Itachi himself stated he couldn't defeat Jiraiya.
    Itachi was talking about him and Kisame. Thus, I doubt he said the truth.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

i find it intriguing that the brothers genjutsued a genjutsu...they physically cut the bonds that were restraining them.so my question is...was naruto in a genjutsu when sasuke first met the kyubi...to enter someone's mind is one thing...but to do these physical things makes me wonder if creation is the base of the sharigan.
    manifesting susano and amaterasu...we're not talking about DBZ powering up stuff...but off of just their eyes power.pretty impressive when you think about it...a long way from the copy cat styles(oh...the good ol'days)
    Last edited by gnut; May 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, when Sasuke went into Naruto's mind and met the Kyuubi, he did it with a genjutsu. We saw Shi "physically" grabbed is one of Sasuke's later genjutsu, plus that whole thing with Orochimaru's inner world.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 43 of 134 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast