Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 47 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

I don't think it will have major effect on Naruto even if Jiraiya were resurrected. The act might just have the opposite reaction, infuriating him. Although I am interested if it does happen since it opens new plot settings;flashbacks, and gives Naruto a sense of closure, being able to give his final goodbyes.

Acceptance from the Waterfall of Truth, Revelation of his heritage and Konoha's recognition. Mentally and emotionally: Naruto is well prepared.

I am more interested about the Uzumaki Clans destruction and hopes it will be revealed in this war. Although I won't be surprised if the Uchiha had something to do with the Genocide.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

Quote Originally Posted by moonshard View Post
    I am more interested about the Uzumaki Clans destruction and hopes it will be revealed in this war. Although I won't be surprised if the Uchiha had something to do with the Genocide.
    I wont be surprised if some people tried to justify it
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moonshard View Post
    Doubtful they had no beef with the Uzumaki's who were Konoha's allies at one point, going so far as having their women marrying Konoha's leaders.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nagato, Tobi or Madara killed them all to find out their sealing technques which were then used to seal the Biju in the demon statue.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Was it going to land on the face or torso? Was it going to get trough Susano and Amaterasu?

As Raikage would decend trough the flames his leg would get injured obviously, just look at the spyke-like formation on that Amaterasu. Then it would hit Susano. All in all i think Sasuke would get some injury obviously but he would not die, Raikage on the other hand....
    I'm not denying if the leg drop would have landed. However, the Raikage's hand was engulfed Amaterasu flames, broke past Susanoo ribs, hit Sasuke in the face, and didn't set his head on fire? That's about as believable as Sasuke having the time and chakra to summon Manda, take control of him, hop in his mouth, and cancel the summon milliseconds before an enormous explosion.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; June 01, 2012 at 05:32 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    I'm not denying if the leg drop would have landed. However, the Raikage's hand was engulfed Amaterasu flames, broke past Susanoo ribs, hit Sasuke in the face, and didn't set his head on fire? That's about as believable as Sasuke having the time and chakra to summon Manda, take control of him, hop in his mouth, and cancel the summon milliseconds before an enormous explosion.
    Not if, but where. I was stating that it could have landed on his torso for example and not necesaraly on his face.

Well we don't know if that hand actualy broke trough Susano and i really don't belive it had. They probably had some Susano whatever between the hand and Sasuke's face and that Susano bones or whatever hit Sasuke in the face.

1 thing is for sure, there is no clear hit in the face:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/463/15

Karin getting hit by a tentacle was set on fire:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/415/5

I do belive Sasuke never received a DIRECT hit. The force was propagated trough Susano.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    People are still arguing about this?

Raikage alone was never shown to have broken through any Susanoo, be it Sasuke's or Madara's. The most he could do is break one or two ribs, and that's already stretching the limits of his strength, since he was shown to be weaker than Tsunade.

So Raikage breaking through Sasuke's Susanoo completely and hitting him with full force is as unlikely as Lee performing a ninjutsu.
    Last edited by Ryr; June 01, 2012 at 09:35 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Not if, but where. I was stating that it could have landed on his torso for example and not necesaraly on his face.

Well we don't know if that hand actualy broke trough Susano and i really don't belive it had. They probably had some Susano whatever between the hand and Sasuke's face and that Susano bones or whatever hit Sasuke in the face.

1 thing is for sure, there is no clear hit in the face:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/463/15

Karin getting hit by a tentacle was set on fire:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/415/5

I do belive Sasuke never received a DIRECT hit. The force was propagated trough Susano.
    Spoiler show

Considering that we see shards of Susanoo flying places, I'd say that he broke through. We already know that the Liger bomb cracked the ribs, So the chop was what was needed to break them. Lets Say he didn't hit him in the face, I still believe he did, that's a neck shot at the very least. So Sasuke would have been more preoccupied with putting the flame out on his high colar than manipulation of the flames to protect himself, because of the fact that the flame would have been ridiculously close to his face.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    People are still arguing about this?

Raikage alone was never shown to have broken through any Susanoo, be it Sasuke's or Madara's. The most he could do is break one or two ribs, and that's already stretching the limits of his strength, since he was shown to be weaker than Tsunade.

So Raikage breaking through Sasuke's Susanoo completely and hitting him with full force is as unlikely as Lee performing a ninjutsu.
    We know that it took two of his attacks for him to get as far as he did. The liger bomb to crack the ribs and the chop to get through. I never said he hit Sasuke with full force, he wouldn't have to. Just enough for Amaterasu to catch on Sasuke's face or colar.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; June 01, 2012 at 02:28 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that while he can burn from his own Amaterasu, he probably wouldn't burn that badly from Enton (shape manipulated jutsu are usually weaker than their inital forms, proven with Chidorigatana compared to Chidori). Just like how he doesn't electrocute himself every time he uses Chidori, or blow his lungs to smithereens every time he uses Goukakyuu, an attack created from his chakra likely wouldn't do too much damage too him in certain stages. As for why his face didn't burn away from Raikage's hand hitting his neck... maybe the shards of bone that broke off and were burning, burned away before they could touch hijm and catch him on fire.

Not to mention, it didn't touch his hair and probably only a bit of his clothing. For a flame to continue to burn something it needs time to ignite it in the first place. Amaterasu has to ignite something before it can burn it away, right?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I'm pretty sure that while he can burn from his own Amaterasu, he probably wouldn't burn that badly from Enton (shape manipulated jutsu are usually weaker than their inital forms, proven with Chidorigatana compared to Chidori). Just like how he doesn't electrocute himself every time he uses Chidori, or blow his lungs to smithereens every time he uses Goukakyuu, an attack created from his chakra likely wouldn't do too much damage too him in certain stages. As for why his face didn't burn away from Raikage's hand hitting his neck... maybe the shards of bone that broke off and were burning, burned away before they could touch hijm and catch him on fire.

Not to mention, it didn't touch his hair and probably only a bit of his clothing. For a flame to continue to burn something it needs time to ignite it in the first place. Amaterasu has to ignite something before it can burn it away, right?
    I don't really get how Enton and Amaterasu are different enough to matter, but ok. I mean, Enton is the manipulation of Amaterasu flames right? It was never explained, unlike Chidori spear, because Chidori is a Jutsu where you concentrate lightning Chakra at one specific point (a hand) and the spear version lessons that concentration of chakra depending on how far Sasuke takes it, If manipulation of the flames lessened the effectiveness of the flames. That's the point, It never ignited, but Karins clothes Ignited damn near instantly. Ei forearm ignited because he was putting his arm though them. At the same time, he hit Sasuke on the colar of his shirt at the very least, and even that didn't catch.

As far as the bolded part goes, that seems very farfetched.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post

I bellieve there's a bit confusion there... when someone uses Katon, the flames are external, as for chidori, i could assume that the lighting bolts never come into contact with the hand (i'm just assuming). But let's take the chidori as example, and remember what hapned to the 3r raikage, he attacked himself with his own jutsu pirecing his body, and that's the same result you should have if one used chidori on himself, he would pierce his own body.

So if Raikage actualy made contact with sasuke's body, it should have ignited imediately... This probably means he never landed a direct hit on sasuke, something like Lee against gaara, he thought he had touched him, but he still had a layer of sand beneath...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da_ni View Post
    But let's take the chidori as example, and remember what hapned to the 3r raikage, he attacked himself with his own jutsu pirecing his body, and that's the same result you should have if one used chidori on himself, he would pierce his own body.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-366-14...apter-361.html

sasuke says no.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bakagin's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto's true love

Well after watching the latest episode of shippuden, I had this thinking why didn't Kishimoto just make Haku a girl instead of a tranny. I then came to realize that it could be a huge huge hint Kishi gave to his readers - Naruto is gay.

He probably likes pretty boys like Haku and Sasuke. Probably that is the reason for all the forgiveness and "friendship" he had for Sasuke lol..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto's true love

may well be the case

naruto's obsession with sasuke has been uncanny and incredible in any platonic sense of the word 'friendship'

i've always joked about how naruto might have feelings for sasuke, and i have always seriously thought the joke might be true

it's kishi's weak plot trying to equate naruto v sasuke with hashirama v madara and uchiha ancestor v senju ancestor that's the problem, he's not making naruto's inclination to ultimately fight sasuke believable

the only explanation that works, should we ignore kishi's weak plots and try to make sense of the storyline, would be naruto having closet homosexuality

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it means Naruto is gay, it just makes the manga looks unbelievable fake. No one would go through such great lengths to save a friend.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    I don't think it means Naruto is gay, it just makes the manga looks unbelievable fake. No one would go through such great lengths to save a friend.
    Like you know everybody on earth, so no this can happen, even if it's exaggerated. He was Naruto's biggest rival and friend and the same time, they've gone through some big hardships together. Since he has never had a family until after the Pain attack, Sakura, Kakashi, Sasuke and Iruka were the people dearest to him, like family. And people go through hell for their family, you can accept this or not, this is a simple fact.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Thread Closed
Page 47 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast