Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

Nothing M3J is saying is anything that any other poster here hasn't already heard/said a million times. It's just whether they want to accept it or not.

And they won't accept it. Or else he and I wouldn't have to repeat the shit a million times, lol. I agree with him that the double standards have to end. But, in a way, I already know they won't, since we're nearing the end of the manga and people haven't conceded defeat yet. You know how pathetic it's gotten?

I'm in a Fairy Tail RP forum. And that RP forum has a cbox chat thread. And I was talking about the Naruto manga in the chat thread and mentioned Sasuke's name...

...and it showed up as ******. That's right. They banned the use of the name Sasuke in the FAIRY TAIL chatbox because the owner of the RP forum despises Sasuke... a character from another manga. Do you understand how pathetic that is? You know what his answer was when I asked why he hates him?

"Because he's a whiny emo who never earns his powerups. His godly hax powerups" I couldn't give two shits about the emo namecalling. Invader beat that horse to death, so it has no bite anymore. It's the complaning about the haxness that's making me lose hope in humanity. I give no one the benefit of the doubt anymore. It's why I get in so many personal arguments in the forum nowadays because I go into every debate assuming the guy I'm talking to is a fucking moron.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, so glad I'm not visiting you so often, I would have gone on rage-mode all the time too, which would lead to me getting banned. XD Nowadays one has to accept that some opinions aren't changeable, however much ones brings up good arguments.

Nonetheless, banning a name from a board for 99% of users that aren't me is really a poor act of leadership.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Let's just exclude those biased remarks[Why take them seriously, if they are obviously blinded by their/the users love for a character. Cheap arguments will stay cheap and it's the best to reprimand them with a reminder to read this thread.] and rethink/read some of the discussion in this thread. It's less biased and has some good reasoning, even if there seem to be two parties that feel they have to defend one of the two. :P
    They need to be stabbed. D:

I have no issue with defending Naruto or Sasuke, though. As much as I dislike Sasuke and don't care about him, I can't just let people say incorrect stuff about him. If I was biased, I'd say Jiraiya beats Sasuke or that Sasuke loses to most opponents before he got EMS or possibly MS.

One of hte most rageworthy moment was when Naruto was dumbed up against Nagato. That was BS in my opinion, Naruto's definitely not that stupid... in fact I don't think he's stupid at all, at least in terms of fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    this is NOW your typical shonen...but it has always been shonen(reguardless of zabuza/haku/3rd hokage...etc).
    close friend becomes either jealous or is destined to be your nemesis...girl that is inbetween.
    crazy powers and no significant death...definitely not seinen.
    of course when sasuke does something like...
    new great power up=he's evil...everything he gets is easy
    naruto gets a power from kyubi=it's always been his(but he had to unlock it)
    sasuke is the antagonist(at least naruto's)...so this is how most shonen go.there aren't really any other paths to follow in a manga about ninja...besides them training and getting stronger.
    i like both characters...i can't wait to see them fight side by side again...but this is how i feel about the whole power level ups...
    Plus, since Naruto's the main character, we get to see him train, not Sasuke. We have never since part I seen Sasuke train when he wasn't with Naruto, apart from flashbacks. The only time I recall is him practicing his chidori after the Invasion Arc.

To be honest though, Sharingan and Mangekyo Sharingan are Sasuke's own power. Kyuubi isn't, it's an outside power.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

EMS was given to him, which makes the Kyuubi argument less weightily. If characters can use objects of any kind and Kurama can be called a weapon like the Susano'o, than they are equally given stronger powers IMO. In the end the RS state is quiet similar to how we see Uchiha fight with their Susano'o is out, like a monstrous beast in so many other manga/anime. Hm, did I just degrade it to another Monster fighter type series? :P
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 18, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. Susanoo has a time limit and even then it's power is relatively set. That's much different from the Kyuubi usage.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

EMS was given to him, which makes the Kyuubi argument less weightily. If characters can use objects of any kind and Kurama can be called a weapon like the Susano'o, than they are equally given stronger powers IMO. In the end the RS state is quiet similar to how we see Uchiha fight with their Susano'o is out, like a monstrous beast in so many other manga/anime. Hm, did I just degrade it to another Monster fighter type series? :P
    I don't think it does, to be honest. EMS won't improve Sasuke's abilities in battle, but Kyuubi's chakra will give Naruto a major boost and defense that has yet to be penetrated, unlike Susano'o. Incomplete Susano'o was shown to be able to break, but Kyuubi's bijuu dama with half chakra was shown to match five combined bijuu dama of the bijuu. The only time Susano'o's shown such power was with Madara. We don't even know if Sasuke can replicate that Susano'o yet.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Their potential end forms are devastating and top end game techiques nonetheless. It's not like Naruto had Kyuubi under control the moment he got RS and you don't really think of putting Madara's S. on Shukakus lvl are you? He is clearly capable of fighting the individual Bijuu with that monstrosity. Naruto has a limit on Kyuubi mode too, so that time limit argument is pointless.

I root for Naruto, so of course I hope that he will be stronger than his rival whenever they decide to fight again.
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 19, 2012 at 06:53 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    They need to be stabbed. D:

I have no issue with defending Naruto or Sasuke, though. As much as I dislike Sasuke and don't care about him, I can't just let people say incorrect stuff about him. If I was biased, I'd say Jiraiya beats Sasuke or that Sasuke loses to most opponents before he got EMS or possibly MS.

One of hte most rageworthy moment was when Naruto was dumbed up against Nagato. That was BS in my opinion, Naruto's definitely not that stupid... in fact I don't think he's stupid at all, at least in terms of fighting.

Plus, since Naruto's the main character, we get to see him train, not Sasuke. We have never since part I seen Sasuke train when he wasn't with Naruto, apart from flashbacks. The only time I recall is him practicing his chidori after the Invasion Arc.

To be honest though, Sharingan and Mangekyo Sharingan are Sasuke's own power. Kyuubi isn't, it's an outside power.
    Win/Loss situations doesn't make a character loveable or loved by the author, it is an overly simple way to look at things:
    is Chouji a better character than all the other because he never lost since his fight with the mummy sound guy, can turn into a giant Aizen mode that can match Gedo Mazo?
    No he isn't.
    Is Luffy a great character because he always win? Same for Natsu? No, they are great characters for a great number of other reasons. Winning and losing is simply a matter of mere interest in a flashy fight, character development is another matter entirely.
    You want perfect characters? You have Itachi and Yondaime

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    ...and it showed up as ******. That's right. They banned the use of the name Sasuke in the FAIRY TAIL chatbox because the owner of the RP forum despises Sasuke... a character from another manga. Do you understand how pathetic that is? You know what his answer was when I asked why he hates him?

"Because he's a whiny emo who never earns his powerups. His godly hax powerups" I couldn't give two shits about the emo namecalling. Invader beat that horse to death, so it has no bite anymore. It's the complaning about the haxness that's making me lose hope in humanity. I give no one the benefit of the doubt anymore. It's why I get in so many personal arguments in the forum nowadays because I go into every debate assuming the guy I'm talking to is a fucking moron.
    Do post a screen if you can, I can't believe a fictional character can generate so much hate
    I would lol if it was true though

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I don't know. Susanoo has a time limit and even then it's power is relatively set. That's much different from the Kyuubi usage.
    Had a time limit, now they use it even when going in the bathroom, the whole "every cell in my body hurts" argument was invalid after Danzou.

Which is ok imho, Naruto as a manga escalated in such a manner that a Susano'o with a time limit wouldn't be believable, Madara is sustaining a Bijuu-sized one after spawning 2 meteors, 2 Mokuton jutsus as large as a village, 25 copies of himself and various S rank Katons and he didn't even broke a sweat.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Their potential end forms are devastating and top end game techiques nonetheless. It's not like Naruto had Kyuubi under control the moment he got RS and you don't really think of putting Madara's S. on Shukakus lvl are you? He is clearly capable of fighting the individual Bijuu with that monstrosity. Naruto has a limit on Kyuubi mode too, so that time limit argument is pointless.
    He still had tons of power under his disposal that gave him tons of advantage in a fight. Though now, I don't really care since Sasuke apparently has no downside to Susano'o anymore. If he does, he doesn't show it at all.

Madara's Susano'o is pretty effin' strong, and even incomplete it was able to take in a lot of hits. Complete, there's probably nothing that can damage Susano'o. Thanks to Sharingan though, Madara doesn't really need to fight bijuu, he can just use genjutsu on them like he did with Kyuubi.

That limit, according to Kyuubi, was for five minutes since it was their first time. If Bee is anything to go by, they most likely won't have a limit other than chakra. Naruto's defense showed to be superior to Sasuke's, even before Kyuubi became Naruto's partner.

Quote Quote:
    I root for Naruto, so of course I hope that he will be stronger than his rival whenever they decide to fight again.
    Same, but I hope he's weaker. The fight has tons of potential, especially if it's like Neji vs. Naruto or Gaara vs. Naruto. Not only symbolic, but Naruto's refusal to give up and keep fighting allows him to come up with ingenious ways to beat Sasuke.

It's basically the only reason why I don't care about Sasuke getting stronger. Or the main reason. He can be stronger than Naruto, but as long as Naruto wins in an epic way, roawr.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Win/Loss situations doesn't make a character loveable or loved by the author, it is an overly simple way to look at things:
    is Chouji a better character than all the other because he never lost since his fight with the mummy sound guy, can turn into a giant Aizen mode that can match Gedo Mazo?
    No he isn't.
    Is Luffy a great character because he always win? Same for Natsu? No, they are great characters for a great number of other reasons. Winning and losing is simply a matter of mere interest in a flashy fight, character development is another matter entirely.
    You want perfect characters? You have Itachi and Yondaime
    I know. Naruto wasn't lovable because he won, but because of who he was. But that's not what I'm saying. People are judging a character's loved just because they get power, although they don't look good or powerful since they don't end up winning. The point is, Kishi has shown he likes Naruto more than Sasuke or Minato more than Itachi with the way he's treated them. I don't care who his favorite is, but people assume Sasuke and Itachi are his favorite just because he gives them power and all.

Minato is basically the only perfect character or displayed as such, in my opinion. Itachi has been shown to make mistakes, and he's even been outsmarted at least twice. Minato hasn't shown to be outsmarted or anything.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Had a time limit, now they use it even when going in the bathroom, the whole "every cell in my body hurts" argument was invalid after Danzou.

Which is ok imho, Naruto as a manga escalated in such a manner that a Susano'o with a time limit wouldn't be believable, Madara is sustaining a Bijuu-sized one after spawning 2 meteors, 2 Mokuton jutsus as large as a village, 25 copies of himself and various S rank Katons and he didn't even broke a sweat.
    Still has a time limit. Just because the drawbacks haven't been mention doesn't mean they're gone. Both Itachi and Sasuke's current usage of Susanoo have been for only moments, either to attack or defend, but never for very long. Madara has pretty much been the only person to maintain Susanoo for a long time in battle.
    Last edited by Rikudou King; June 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's also important to point out that Edo Tensei don't feel pain and thus, can't feel the physical side effects of using Susanoo because they don't know that their cells are hurting.

Which still makes me wonder why the hell Hakugeki worked on Itachi, when he should never have felt the pain of his bones rattling. Shit made no sense. Impaled with stalagmites? He doesn't utter a word. Loud noises and bright lights? He can't maintain Susanoo. Right.

@Uchiha_Blood:http://s1.zetaboards.com/Fairy_Tail_Guild/index/

Find out for yourself. Just go to the very bottom of the page. Click on the cbox. Type Sasuke Uchiha. You will see "*? Uchiha" instead. That's how sad people have gotten. That's not even the worse part though. Scour the internet for a Naruto RP forum and I guaran-damn-tee every long lasting one you find has a strict "No Sharingan/Uchiha" clause. I joined one once where you couldn't have a Sharingan... but you COULD use a kekkei genkai that allowed time control and gravity manipulation. How screwed up is it that they consider TIME MANIPULATION less hax than the MS?

Even funnier? RINNEGAN wasn't banned. I can't help but laugh from remembering this shit.
    Last edited by ninjabot; June 19, 2012 at 07:29 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I know. Naruto wasn't lovable because he won, but because of who he was. But that's not what I'm saying. People are judging a character's loved just because they get power, although they don't look good or powerful since they don't end up winning. The point is, Kishi has shown he likes Naruto more than Sasuke or Minato more than Itachi with the way he's treated them. I don't care who his favorite is, but people assume Sasuke and Itachi are his favorite just because he gives them power and all.

Minato is basically the only perfect character or displayed as such, in my opinion. Itachi has been shown to make mistakes, and he's even been outsmarted at least twice. Minato hasn't shown to be outsmarted or anything.
    He didn't let his enemies die, because it wasn't their time to do so. You wrote that you know, but later on mention that Kishi has shown to favour a Naruto, so if we exclude fights, how did he show it? Characters getting stronger and still lose in some fights does not equal to being less favoured. Does an author have to make his character win to show that he likes them? The answer is clearly no. In the end everything happens for a reason, to make Sasuke look desperate, psychopathic, whatever is needed to root for Naruto in their end fight. That's not favouritism, that's storytelling and if users don't understand that, give them the truth and that's it.

And you keep mentioning Minato, when would he have a chance to make mistakes?
    • In the flashback, when he was presented as the prodigious Yellow Flash?
      After being hyped for years we get a glimpse on his strengths. Nonetheless he didn't keep Kakashi from getting hurt and left his team alone, letting one of his pupils die.
    • In the flashback, when he lost his life because of Tobi/Kurama?
      He lost his life in order to let his son live on, even lost his wife because he couldn't hold back the beast any better. So he lost and still came out as a hero, that's hard to achieve when you are forced to become a missing-nin.

ninjabot
    It's a forum with a hater as an admin, what can one do, but point that out or go away. Since it's the fault of a single person in between millions of normal fans/readers, this doesn't speak for much. There is a general negativity towards Sasuke, but that may originate from his massive ego and hate in the recent past, not much more from the power upgrades. He's just not a likable character anymore.
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 19, 2012 at 08:04 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Schabrak: Oh, no. That was just a mere example of how bad it's gotten. The other examples I mentioned are from nearly 4 years ago. From a completely different forum. It's an example of how we can not even be having a manga specific discussion and yet Sasuke's ire be found in situations where it's either uncalled for, or called for, yet blown waaaay out of proportion.

Just showing you that it can never be said that both sides are equally irrate. How many of you can say you've found entire forums where Naruto himself is despised this badly? Yeah. THought not.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So the author achieved his goal, that's a good thing to happen, not people idiotically banning names from forums of course. I disdain him for his actions too, that doesn't excuse all the blinded fans though, but explains some part of the hate directed at Sasuke.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke hate is really simple, he is the only rival character that threats the main character in every way. From screen time to fame, to power, or just being cooler.... Naruto fans just can't accept that so they hide behind the Emo, lunatic image.

Thread Closed
Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast