Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 73 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2004

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

  1. #1081
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    It appears to be a misunderstanding, so let's forget about it and talk about gentlemanly things
    I like the sound of this

    Who is the best female in Naruto? Best looking etc
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  2. #1082
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Actually its the countrary imho, when fighting you have an unique insight that bystanders don't have, and besided Sasuke observed a lot when he spammed Susano'o, and with the Sharingan he could see Danzou's chakra taking a dip just as well as Karin sensing it.
    If you see chakra taking a dip when an eye closes, its a dead give-away
    But you don't have much time to think or make a good assessment when you're fighting for your life. There's a lot more pressure in fighting than there is just observing.



    Quote Quote:
    Why always bring up Naruto and Yondaime?
    We are talking about Sasuke, and Sasuke alone.
    Don't transform every debate in a Sasuke vs Naruto thing, please
    Because you can't say Susano'o is the reason Sasuke can fight kage level enemies and not point out it's the same for some other ninjas too. Hell, I think Kakashi and JIraiya are the only ones who can take on kage level opponents without needing haxxed power, although Kakashi does utilize Sharingan.

    Which makes me wonder... just how good could Shikamaru have been if he mastered all three aspects of jutsu? With his intellect, he could have tons of jutsu to use at certain time, taijutsu to help him in close quarters (adding danger because of his intellect), and genjutsu to set up traps. Shikamaru has a great potential.




    Quote Quote:
    Well if it takes 20 seconds to break a genjutsu, its pretty much an one-shot ability.
    And let's not forget that Itachi at the time was 13, nowhere near his actual level of skills, theorically.
    Still two-shot as Itachi would have to attack to kill. I think of one-shot as a move that only takes one shot to kill, like what Kakashi could have done to Kakuzu had he not had five hearts. Or, what Itachi apparently did with Tsukuyomi before he fought Kakashi.

    Quote Quote:
    Maybe, but they were paralyzed and couldn't move more than the head.
    If you don't have an ability like Shikamaru's, that can hurt you without needing to move, then you can't escape Tayuya's genjutsu by yourself since you can't do handseals nor inflict pain to dispel it.
    Would handseals be necessary for someone like Itachi, Minato, or Kakashi, though? They've shown ability to focus chakra pretty well, I think handseals just increase their ability to control chakra precisely.



    Quote Quote:
    True.

    Sasuke was said to be pretty talented, and I doubt any Uchiha could catch Orochimaru in a genjutsu and reverse his own jutsu on himself.
    Where? I don't remember that... though I guess Danzou's comment might be why.



    Quote Quote:
    He has all the time in the world after the war to learn it, if Yondaime really believed in Naruto then he would believe in Naruto winning.
    Thus being able to being teached without a problem.
    Hell Naruto has the most haxed way of training ever, 2 or 3 days of spamming 1000 clones and he would've mastered Hiraishin without a problem
    But it might take something extra to be able to use Hiraishin. Kakashi hasn't used HIraishin, it takes three jounin to use Hiraishin, and Minato rarely ever used Hiraishin.

    Wait, what?



    Quote Quote:
    The lines suggest flesh, if you see how it bends.

    Neji would really be a beast, sensing + super strenght + juuken and Byakugan really would be a tough match for anyone, since it eliminates the Byakugan blind spot, just to name one.
    And you can blast the opponents with Juuken without directly touching them with nature energy
    Guess you're right. So then Naruto used frog fu to mess up Hungry Ghost's skull.

    Not to mention speed, increased sensing, Sharingan, and the increased power of any of his jutsu. If it's tossable like FRS, he can adjust the size. Or, kunai with natural chakra infused. Imagine how much extra reach Naruto or Neji would have since they can expand the chakra or change it to what they want. Sharp, broad, razor sharp, longer, or shorter. Would turn into a good sword too.



    Quote Quote:
    No ability is absolute, to predict doesn't mean to dodge, it doesn't change the fact that Sharingan's predicting abilities is way over the top.

    When I said that Kyuubi isn't haxed?
    Where I mentioned Kyuubi in the first place?
    Never said that the Sharingan mustn't be haxed or something
    True. But at least it doesn't make them undefeatable. =D

    You kidding me? You always say Kyuubi is as fair as Shikamaru's brains!

    But the point is, too many people focus on one person, like Sasuke, being too overpowered and too haxxed despite Sasuke doing worse in fight than Naruto has wiht Kyuubi. Too many whiners complaining about Sasuke that even I defend him now.



    Quote Quote:
    Ty, it would still mean he would be around 70 years old, too old either way.

    Poor Nagato, Kishi trolled him hard time and time again
    Databook or some info somewhere puts him at 65 when he died. Would be about 55, then. Still kinda old, so he really must have detoriated.

    Gave him tremendous power, but made him an absolute idiot. D:

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I like the sound of this

    Who is the best female in Naruto? Best looking etc
    Ino looks hot, Tsunade looks MILFy and has big tits, Samui's tits are awesome though her hair is a different story, Mei's hot, good tits, and cougar-y, and Kurenai is MILF.

    I think I'd choose Kurenai or Mei. Maybe they're into BDSM.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  3. #1083
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I like the sound of this

    Who is the best female in Naruto? Best looking etc
    I'll go with the raikage assistant... Don't know her name.

  4. #1084
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Mabui. She's got a fine ass.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  5. #1085
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Pitiful you both are... for non of you can fathom the power inesting in Hinatas chest... Her bosom is the finest as of late. She also got that fine ass no one comes in comparison in how proportionate she is
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  6. #1086
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Mabui hands down.

  7. #1087
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    i think shizune is the caged animal...all conservative and shit...the type in real life that puts on face for the public but behind closed doors...ooh lala...

  8. #1088
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    But you don't have much time to think or make a good assessment when you're fighting for your life. There's a lot more pressure in fighting than there is just observing.
    We are in a shounen manga, where people gain indefinite amount of experience every time they fight

    Quote Quote:
    Because you can't say Susano'o is the reason Sasuke can fight kage level enemies and not point out it's the same for some other ninjas too. Hell, I think Kakashi and JIraiya are the only ones who can take on kage level opponents without needing haxxed power, although Kakashi does utilize Sharingan.

    Which makes me wonder... just how good could Shikamaru have been if he mastered all three aspects of jutsu? With his intellect, he could have tons of jutsu to use at certain time, taijutsu to help him in close quarters (adding danger because of his intellect), and genjutsu to set up traps. Shikamaru has a great potential.
    Well, we were talking about Sasuke, its obvious that robbing a character of his signature power/jutsu would make him way weaker, the only exception to this is Naruto because he has 2 definite sources of power ( Sage Mode and Kyuubi ) while other characters have not.

    Shikamaru is a pimp, he already has everything a man can desire

    Quote Quote:
    Still two-shot as Itachi would have to attack to kill. I think of one-shot as a move that only takes one shot to kill, like what Kakashi could have done to Kakuzu had he not had five hearts. Or, what Itachi apparently did with Tsukuyomi before he fought Kakashi.

    Would handseals be necessary for someone like Itachi, Minato, or Kakashi, though? They've shown ability to focus chakra pretty well, I think handseals just increase their ability to control chakra precisely.
    I doubt anyone could survive 10 seconds of being defenceless against Itachi, or any good ninja really.
    It may not be an one-shot, but its the next better thing, since it only requires a good stare in the eyes of the enemy and you're toast

    I meant hand-seals to execute a jutsu, you can't escape Tayuya's genjutsu with Kai, if Shikamaru and Itachi could not I believe no one could do it.
    Sound genjutsus are pretty powerful

    Quote Quote:
    Where? I don't remember that... though I guess Danzou's comment might be why.
    That Sasuke was considered a talented Uchiha?
    Many praised him, expecially his sharingan powers.
    IF you meant the whole "genjutsu" thing, it was in Oro's dimension, Sasuke caught him in a genjutsu and reversed Oro's jutsu, basically absorbing Orochimaru's powers into him.

    Quote Quote:
    But it might take something extra to be able to use Hiraishin. Kakashi hasn't used HIraishin, it takes three jounin to use Hiraishin, and Minato rarely ever used Hiraishin.

    Wait, what?
    Kage Bushins is the most haxed method of learning any manga has seen, he could learn Hiraishin easily.
    As for how its done, consider that those 3 used a shiki just like Yondaime, simply they don't compare to him. Kakashi not using Hiraishin can also mean that Yondaime didn't teach him how, just like how he copied Rasengan somehow, and he doesn't use it.

    Quote Quote:
    Guess you're right. So then Naruto used frog fu to mess up Hungry Ghost's skull.

    Not to mention speed, increased sensing, Sharingan, and the increased power of any of his jutsu. If it's tossable like FRS, he can adjust the size. Or, kunai with natural chakra infused. Imagine how much extra reach Naruto or Neji would have since they can expand the chakra or change it to what they want. Sharp, broad, razor sharp, longer, or shorter. Would turn into a good sword too.
    If Hinata and Naruto really will end up together, their son would be the next Rikudou, seriously.
    Naruto's chakra + Naruto's jutsu + Byakugan + Juuken?
    Overpowered to the extreme

    Quote Quote:
    True. But at least it doesn't make them undefeatable. =D

    You kidding me? You always say Kyuubi is as fair as Shikamaru's brains!

    But the point is, too many people focus on one person, like Sasuke, being too overpowered and too haxxed despite Sasuke doing worse in fight than Naruto has wiht Kyuubi. Too many whiners complaining about Sasuke that even I defend him now.
    The closest thing to it, it isn't a coincidence that the 3 remaining villains are all clad with this fancy spinny eye and other villains without the Sharingan ( Kabuto, Orochimaru, Nagato ) are ridiculed by it.

    You got me

    People whines about Sasuke because there are other people that glorifies him, you don't see people bashing Naruto much because there is hardly someone that wanks Naruto to the extreme.
    Sasuke receives the same treatment Yondaime receives, only that Yondaime generates way more hate.

    Quote Quote:
    Databook or some info somewhere puts him at 65 when he died. Would be about 55, then. Still kinda old, so he really must have detoriated.

    Gave him tremendous power, but made him an absolute idiot. D:
    How can you beat Nagato otherwise?
    He can singlehandedly beat anybody in this manga bar Bijuu mode Naruto ( maybe ), Tobi and Madara. Kishi has to make him a moron so other characters would stand a chance

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I like the sound of this

    Who is the best female in Naruto? Best looking etc
    Mei, no contest.
    Mabui is a close second though

    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    i think shizune is the caged animal...all conservative and shit...the type in real life that puts on face for the public but behind closed doors...ooh lala...
    ^ This too, even though I don't think anyone would want a girl that goes around with a pig.
    This also applies to Hinata.
    I can only imagine what she would to after a good 10 years crushing on Naruto. The poor guy better hope Kyuubi can still heal him

  9. #1089
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    We are in a shounen manga, where people gain indefinite amount of experience every time they fight
    At least it's better than gaining power from being close to death, or activating a dormant power from death.

    Points if you can name the mangas.



    Quote Quote:
    Well, we were talking about Sasuke, its obvious that robbing a character of his signature power/jutsu would make him way weaker, the only exception to this is Naruto because he has 2 definite sources of power ( Sage Mode and Kyuubi ) while other characters have not.

    Shikamaru is a pimp, he already has everything a man can desire
    Naruto's power honestly comes from his brain, in my opinion. Kage bunshin is as powerful as it is because Naruto is so great at tricking people with it. He was able to fool Kiba twice by timing his bunshin and transformation right. Although Sasuke wouldn't be as powerful as he is without Sharingan, he'd still be pretty good. Sasuke was shown to be able to take on at least one chuunin before he got his Sharingan and before the Demonic Ice Mirrors, matched Haku pretty well in terms of speed.

    Though unlike Sasuke when he got his Sharingan, we have seen Naruto fight without Kyuubi chakra until near the end of his fights, usually. Hell, we even have proof that Naruto does have ungodly amount of stamina, if not chakra, when he was still fighting despite being out of steam and barely being able to stand up when they were against those Kiri genins in Forest of Death.

    Every character has his or her signature jutsu though. Kakashi has raikiri, Sasuke has chidori, Naruto has kage bunshin, Minato has Hiraishin. While taking awy their signature jutsu or power would weaken them, the drop in powr really depends, in my opinion. Take away Minato's Hiraishin and he's still pretty dangerous. Take away Sasuke's Sharingan and he's still a good ninja, just not kage level. Take away Kyuubi, and Naruto's still a good ninja, though his chances of winning has dropped by a lot. We have seen a lot from many characters out of their signature jutsu and power.

    Shikamaru needs moar power! He alone could beat up Tobi and take out Naruto and Sasuke if he had more power. This is proven fact.



    Quote Quote:
    I doubt anyone could survive 10 seconds of being defenceless against Itachi, or any good ninja really.
    It may not be an one-shot, but its the next better thing, since it only requires a good stare in the eyes of the enemy and you're toast

    I meant hand-seals to execute a jutsu, you can't escape Tayuya's genjutsu with Kai, if Shikamaru and Itachi could not I believe no one could do it.
    Sound genjutsus are pretty powerful
    I think it depends on the skill of the victim. Someone like Madara could break out of the genjutsu before Itachi could strike. Though, I never got why Itachi didn't kill Orochimaru when he had a chance to. So far, Minato has shown to go straight for the kill in most of his fights. WEll, he and Kakashi.

    But if the enemy can break out of the genjutsu, like Bee did, it's not going to help. Especially if you screw up like Sasuke and take your eyes off the enemy, because you can get the chakra lariated out of you. Itachi can turn genjutsu in a two-shot move, and if Minato can use genjutsu, he can do the same.

    I honestly think they couldn't do it because they didn't have time to. It took Orochimaru tons of effort to move his arms to break out of Itachi's genjutsu, maybe the same could apply to Shikamaru and Itachi. Or, I could be coming up with ways to make Itachi not look as weak against sound genjutsu. Take your pick.



    Quote Quote:
    That Sasuke was considered a talented Uchiha?
    Many praised him, expecially his sharingan powers.
    IF you meant the whole "genjutsu" thing, it was in Oro's dimension, Sasuke caught him in a genjutsu and reversed Oro's jutsu, basically absorbing Orochimaru's powers into him.
    Talented genjutsu user. I know he was considered a talented Uchiha, I always say this in defense when people whine about how he's overpowered, learns jutsu too quickly, and is only strong because of his Sharingan. I don't recall anyone saying he was good at genjutsu.

    Oh, just Orochimaru commenting? Sasuke did have power of hatred and anger.



    Quote Quote:
    Kage Bushins is the most haxed method of learning any manga has seen, he could learn Hiraishin easily.
    As for how its done, consider that those 3 used a shiki just like Yondaime, simply they don't compare to him. Kakashi not using Hiraishin can also mean that Yondaime didn't teach him how, just like how he copied Rasengan somehow, and he doesn't use it.
    It still depends on the difficulty of HIraishin and Naruto's own skills and intellect. All the kage bunshins in teh world wouldn't help him if it required chakra control, Same if it required high intellect and concentration that'd make Sage Mode training look easy as pie. I think the main reason Naruto doesn't hvae Hiraishin is because it'd make him too overpowered. Whehter in Sage Mode or Kyuubi Mode, he has tremendous defense to help him in any situation that he teleports into. Plus, he has tons of speed and power that he doesn't need anythign extra, in my opoinion.

    Who knows why? Maybe it uses up a lot of chakra? Which could be why Jiraiya wanted him to not use "that" jutsu, because Naruto would require Kyuubi's power.



    Quote Quote:
    If Hinata and Naruto really will end up together, their son would be the next Rikudou, seriously.
    Naruto's chakra + Naruto's jutsu + Byakugan + Juuken?
    Overpowered to the extreme
    Their son would need to be smart though. If he's like Nagato, he won't evne make it past genin without insane power. Though being Naruto's son, he should pick up a thing or two on how to prank people.



    Quote Quote:
    The closest thing to it, it isn't a coincidence that the 3 remaining villains are all clad with this fancy spinny eye and other villains without the Sharingan ( Kabuto, Orochimaru, Nagato ) are ridiculed by it.

    You got me
    Orochimaru was basically the first villain to have attacked Konoha and lay waste to it. His plan seriously damaged Konoha and its combat power. Orochimaru is also the main reason Sasuke defected and became a villain. Despite not being able to use jutsu or his arms, Orochimaru held his own against Jiraiya (albeit weakened). He's also the first immortal we've seen, being able to survive being cut in half or scare Kakashi shitless.

    Nagato has also shown the most power out of every and anyone we've seen who was alive. Alone, he dealed great damage to Konoha and took out Kakashi, something no one was ever able to do. He also influenced Naruto to seek peace and hug everyone and is the only one that can claim to have killed Jiraiya. Nagato or Pain can take on Sasuke and possibly Itachi and win, and maybe even Madara by himself. Rinnegan is Naruto's greatest weakness, as it is for majority of the shinobi.

    Kabuto... he had over 9000 Edo Tensei.

    So far though, Orochimaru and Nagato has shown to be the most powerful villains who has done a lot more damage and has had more influence than any other Sharingan villains. Not counting Tobi, that is. And without Hashirama, Madara wouldn't be as influential to the story, in my opinion. Orochimaru is the closest living being to being immortal as he can reattach himself in ways Hidan can't. Though, I think one bijuu bomb would kill Orochimaru, assuming it's stronger than biju cannon.

    Plus, Sasuke himself admitted he only beat Orochimaru because he was weakened. Had Orochimaru went after Sasuke's life, Sasuke would have likely been dead. Nagato came the closest to beating Naruto, and he went easy on Naruto. Not to mention, his advantage was gone since the terrain was open and Naruto had information on Pain that Jiraiya and Kakashi died to get.

    It took ET Madara with modification to be powerful. Tobi has failed in his plans plenty of times. Neither was able to bring Konoha to the level of destruction that Nagato and Orochimaru were able to do.

    Quote Quote:
    People whines about Sasuke because there are other people that glorifies him, you don't see people bashing Naruto much because there is hardly someone that wanks Naruto to the extreme.
    Sasuke receives the same treatment Yondaime receives, only that Yondaime generates way more hate.
    I think it was way before that. Complaints about free powerups and all that jazz. And there are few that bash Naruto, ninjabot to name one.

    I don't think Minato generates as much hate as Sasuke does. I mean, Minato made it far in the tournament while Sasuke lost to Jiraiya. Sasuke could easily be the next Rikudou Sennin but still lose to Jiraiya or Minato just because people tend to be blind.



    Quote Quote:
    How can you beat Nagato otherwise?
    He can singlehandedly beat anybody in this manga bar Bijuu mode Naruto ( maybe ), Tobi and Madara. Kishi has to make him a moron so other characters would stand a chance
    Be smarter? Kakashi, Jiraiya, and Naruto were pretty smart, but Nagato was dumbed up far too much. Nagato is probably the only one who'd be a shitty ninja without his signature power.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  10. #1090
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    i think shizune is the caged animal...all conservative and shit...the type in real life that puts on face for the public but behind closed doors...ooh lala...
    I like where your going with this

    @ all you all who do not appreciate the goddess that is Hinata, shame on you! She has surpasses all limits on beauty and bossomness. She is the most proportionate one in the whole Manga! How dare you disagree
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #1091
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J
    At least it's better than gaining power from being close to death, or activating a dormant power from death.

    Points if you can name the mangas.

    Are you joking? That's every manga, lmao.

    If manga's taught me anything it's aslong as you fight for friendship and love, whenever you get your ass kicked it will be saved by either a demon fox inside you, a genetic power limited to your clan (both from Naruto), demon power gained through ancestry (Yu Yu Hakusho), being half badguy monster/half human (Bleach), learning to fight alongside/with the aid of a sentient ghost type being inside of you (also Bleach)... I'm sure I'm missing some, but the general idea is "Get mad, then win". It's a common theme in shounen. Well, anime period.

    That's gotta be one glaring positive about American comics. You won't see Spiderman get angry and develop magical demon powers out of nowhere to-

    Oh. He did that in "The Other" storyline. Turned into the spider totem and returned from the dead to kill Morlun and eat his face. Well, damn. Nevermind.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #1092
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    I remember first seeing rage = power in DBZ, where we learned that being beaten to near death = gaining more power if healed.

    We also saw "get mad, win" when Naruto fought Haku.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  15. #1093
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    At least it's better than gaining power from being close to death, or activating a dormant power from death.

    Points if you can name the mangas.
    As ninjabot said, this is the manga clichè, hardly only something Dragonball or Bleach did.
    In One Piece too is a theme that is always used, hell the power of friendship is what defines every Shounen Jump series, you'll always find it.
    Except for Beelzebub, the author at least does it comically, without being overly serious.

    Quote Quote:
    Naruto's power honestly comes from his brain, in my opinion. Kage bunshin is as powerful as it is because Naruto is so great at tricking people with it. He was able to fool Kiba twice by timing his bunshin and transformation right. Although Sasuke wouldn't be as powerful as he is without Sharingan, he'd still be pretty good. Sasuke was shown to be able to take on at least one chuunin before he got his Sharingan and before the Demonic Ice Mirrors, matched Haku pretty well in terms of speed.

    Though unlike Sasuke when he got his Sharingan, we have seen Naruto fight without Kyuubi chakra until near the end of his fights, usually. Hell, we even have proof that Naruto does have ungodly amount of stamina, if not chakra, when he was still fighting despite being out of steam and barely being able to stand up when they were against those Kiri genins in Forest of Death.

    Every character has his or her signature jutsu though. Kakashi has raikiri, Sasuke has chidori, Naruto has kage bunshin, Minato has Hiraishin. While taking awy their signature jutsu or power would weaken them, the drop in powr really depends, in my opinion. Take away Minato's Hiraishin and he's still pretty dangerous. Take away Sasuke's Sharingan and he's still a good ninja, just not kage level. Take away Kyuubi, and Naruto's still a good ninja, though his chances of winning has dropped by a lot. We have seen a lot from many characters out of their signature jutsu and power.

    Shikamaru needs moar power! He alone could beat up Tobi and take out Naruto and Sasuke if he had more power. This is proven fact.
    I don't have anything against Naruto, far from it, but to say that his power comes from his brain...
    Naruto is clever and smart, but he is no brainiac, he is someone that learns by doing and improves by doing, Naruto's main feature always was to never give up, remember the Bee training?
    He had his arms and hands burned, yet didn't stop, because he had to master Chakra Mode.

    As for others, Naruto is a special case because Kyuubi got usable only towards the end of the manga, that's why he had to find another thing to make him stronger.
    I'm sure that, if any of the ones you mentioned lost their jutsu/ability in a set of time, they would've come up with something to compensate.

    Well, Shika lacks a good ability, the Kagemane is good against every opponent that can't overpower him or can attack without needing to move.
    It isn't training, you can't stop a Susano'o with Kagemane even if Shika had Kage-level reserves, just to name one ability.
    He is simply content for being the pimp of this manga, even though Danzou had a good pimp cane

    Quote Quote:
    I think it depends on the skill of the victim. Someone like Madara could break out of the genjutsu before Itachi could strike. Though, I never got why Itachi didn't kill Orochimaru when he had a chance to. So far, Minato has shown to go straight for the kill in most of his fights. WEll, he and Kakashi.

    But if the enemy can break out of the genjutsu, like Bee did, it's not going to help. Especially if you screw up like Sasuke and take your eyes off the enemy, because you can get the chakra lariated out of you. Itachi can turn genjutsu in a two-shot move, and if Minato can use genjutsu, he can do the same.

    I honestly think they couldn't do it because they didn't have time to. It took Orochimaru tons of effort to move his arms to break out of Itachi's genjutsu, maybe the same could apply to Shikamaru and Itachi. Or, I could be coming up with ways to make Itachi not look as weak against sound genjutsu. Take your pick.
    Plot, why didn't Itachi stopped someone that wanted the Sharingan and that, well knowing that he couldn't get it from you, would go for the little brother?

    The problem is, Tayuya's genjutsu renders your body immobile, thus you can't do more than turning your head or speak.
    Tayuya's version was even better since it provoked a lot of pain, considering that, if Itachi couldn't break it even after gaining time by delaying Kabuto by speaking to him, I doubt anyone could do it.
    Remember, Uchiha's genjutsu breaking abilities always were used on visual genjutsus.

    Niidaime Mizukage's genjutsu too wouldn't be breakable since it is generated by the fog his summon uses, meaning it would impair the Uchiha's vision regardless since it would be a curtain of chakra.
    Only a sensor can spot the Trollkage

    Quote Quote:
    Talented genjutsu user. I know he was considered a talented Uchiha, I always say this in defense when people whine about how he's overpowered, learns jutsu too quickly, and is only strong because of his Sharingan. I don't recall anyone saying he was good at genjutsu.

    Oh, just Orochimaru commenting? Sasuke did have power of hatred and anger.
    No one said it, its one of the many reasons why people complain about the Sharingan, you just have to be a talented guy and you have a near unbreakable genjutsu made by a stare.
    If Shi and Oro couldn't break Sasuke's genjutsu, I doubt many could do it without a tool ( sharingan ) or a proved way for breaking it ( double-team with another or with a Bijuu ).

    Quote Quote:
    It still depends on the difficulty of HIraishin and Naruto's own skills and intellect. All the kage bunshins in teh world wouldn't help him if it required chakra control, Same if it required high intellect and concentration that'd make Sage Mode training look easy as pie. I think the main reason Naruto doesn't hvae Hiraishin is because it'd make him too overpowered. Whehter in Sage Mode or Kyuubi Mode, he has tremendous defense to help him in any situation that he teleports into. Plus, he has tons of speed and power that he doesn't need anythign extra, in my opoinion.

    Who knows why? Maybe it uses up a lot of chakra? Which could be why Jiraiya wanted him to not use "that" jutsu, because Naruto would require Kyuubi's power.
    Just saying, Naruto in Sage Mode balances perfectly 3 sources, and not 2 sources of energies to make chakra, and made a jutsu that was impossible to do, FRS.
    If it was a problem of chakra control rest assured that Naruto would not have a problem with it.
    But its also true that he doesn't need it ( not that much at least ).

    Maybe, or maybe he's more comfortable with Raikiri.
    Or Kishi doesn't want to cheapen Rasengan even more

    Quote Quote:
    Their son would need to be smart though. If he's like Nagato, he won't evne make it past genin without insane power. Though being Naruto's son, he should pick up a thing or two on how to prank people.
    According to the databook, Hinata is above average in intelligence, and if he/she grows in a loving environment I doubt he/she would be as dumb as Naruto, even if he/she gets his father's brain.

    Nagato with the Rin'negan, dumb as he is, still destroyed a village.
    Imagine if he was made to be smart

    Quote Quote:
    Orochimaru was basically the first villain to have attacked Konoha and lay waste to it. His plan seriously damaged Konoha and its combat power. Orochimaru is also the main reason Sasuke defected and became a villain. Despite not being able to use jutsu or his arms, Orochimaru held his own against Jiraiya (albeit weakened). He's also the first immortal we've seen, being able to survive being cut in half or scare Kakashi shitless.

    Nagato has also shown the most power out of every and anyone we've seen who was alive. Alone, he dealed great damage to Konoha and took out Kakashi, something no one was ever able to do. He also influenced Naruto to seek peace and hug everyone and is the only one that can claim to have killed Jiraiya. Nagato or Pain can take on Sasuke and possibly Itachi and win, and maybe even Madara by himself. Rinnegan is Naruto's greatest weakness, as it is for majority of the shinobi.

    Kabuto... he had over 9000 Edo Tensei.

    So far though, Orochimaru and Nagato has shown to be the most powerful villains who has done a lot more damage and has had more influence than any other Sharingan villains. Not counting Tobi, that is. And without Hashirama, Madara wouldn't be as influential to the story, in my opinion. Orochimaru is the closest living being to being immortal as he can reattach himself in ways Hidan can't. Though, I think one bijuu bomb would kill Orochimaru, assuming it's stronger than biju cannon.

    Plus, Sasuke himself admitted he only beat Orochimaru because he was weakened. Had Orochimaru went after Sasuke's life, Sasuke would have likely been dead. Nagato came the closest to beating Naruto, and he went easy on Naruto. Not to mention, his advantage was gone since the terrain was open and Naruto had information on Pain that Jiraiya and Kakashi died to get.

    It took ET Madara with modification to be powerful. Tobi has failed in his plans plenty of times. Neither was able to bring Konoha to the level of destruction that Nagato and Orochimaru were able to do.
    Its the treatment, Orochimaru was:
    -humiliated by a 13 years old Itachi
    -humiliated by a 16 years old Sasuke
    -one-shotted by Itachi
    -resurrected by Sasuke to be his lapdog

    Kabuto received the worst treatment a character can receive, humiliated by Itachi and robbed of his power, all the while getting lectured and appearing pathetic in his arrogance.

    Nagato, a Kage level ninja, the apparent head figure of Akatsuki, can't deal with smokebombs.



    Quote Quote:
    I think it was way before that. Complaints about free powerups and all that jazz. And there are few that bash Naruto, ninjabot to name one.

    I don't think Minato generates as much hate as Sasuke does. I mean, Minato made it far in the tournament while Sasuke lost to Jiraiya. Sasuke could easily be the next Rikudou Sennin but still lose to Jiraiya or Minato just because people tend to be blind.
    Well at least ninjabot is honest about it, he doesn't say "I really don't dislike Naruto or anything, but he is shit", he says "I dislike Naruto because he is shitty".
    Many say something like "I like Yondaime, I really do, but he sucks, he's shit and can't do anything" and bla bla bla.
    Yondaime, at least in my experience, is infinitely more hated, difference is Sasuke's fanbase is << his.
    It appears that they are comparable because we have excellent posters for Sasuke here, while Yondaime has many newbies or guys that can't take a hint and thus we automatically discard them

    Quote Quote:
    Be smarter? Kakashi, Jiraiya, and Naruto were pretty smart, but Nagato was dumbed up far too much. Nagato is probably the only one who'd be a shitty ninja without his signature power.
    If Nagato had comparable smarts as the ones you mentioned, the ones you mentioned would be all dead.
    A smart Nagato is a nearly invincible Nagato

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I like where your going with this

    @ all you all who do not appreciate the goddess that is Hinata, shame on you! She has surpasses all limits on beauty and bossomness. She is the most proportionate one in the whole Manga! How dare you disagree
    The highlight of the one-shot chapter Kishi made for the movie was Hinata's floating boobs

  16. #1094
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Are you joking? That's every manga, lmao.

    If manga's taught me anything it's aslong as you fight for friendship and love, whenever you get your ass kicked it will be saved by either a demon fox inside you, a genetic power limited to your clan (both from Naruto), demon power gained through ancestry (Yu Yu Hakusho), being half badguy monster/half human (Bleach), learning to fight alongside/with the aid of a sentient ghost type being inside of you (also Bleach)... I'm sure I'm missing some, but the general idea is "Get mad, then win". It's a common theme in shounen. Well, anime period.

    That's gotta be one glaring positive about American comics. You won't see Spiderman get angry and develop magical demon powers out of nowhere to-

    Oh. He did that in "The Other" storyline. Turned into the spider totem and returned from the dead to kill Morlun and eat his face. Well, damn. Nevermind.
    American comics are full of all type of induced stupidity. Most are very inconsistent. Atleast maybe until now with the new reboots (talking mainstream comics like Marvel works and DC). Some of them mostly develop magical attributes that help them in outrageously difficult fight when they are completely outmatched. Atleast in Manga we are already used to it and we probably get a forshadowing of it.

    And its not just love and friendship that boosts peoples powers, its strong emotion in general... Example - Hate

    I do get your point and agree completely though "Get Mad, then win" - Epic summarisation lol
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  17. #1095
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    As ninjabot said, this is the manga clichè, hardly only something Dragonball or Bleach did.
    In One Piece too is a theme that is always used, hell the power of friendship is what defines every Shounen Jump series, you'll always find it.
    Except for Beelzebub, the author at least does it comically, without being overly serious.
    Was thinking about Yu Yu Hakusho, not Bleach. I don't read troll manga.

    It is, but it's not always the driving force. DBZ didn't always use power of friendship, but fighting out of enjoyment/to see who was more powerful, as well as saving the earth. Though, Goku did turn into a Super Saiyan and beat Frieza because he killed Krillin.

    I see Naruto as fighting for more than friendship. It's also fighting for ideals: Naruto fighting to prove power comes from fighting for others while Gaara fightin to prove that power comes from carin about one's self. There's more grey areas in Naruto than there has been in other manga like DBZ and even One Piece.

    Were Haku and Zabuza really bad guys or did we think they were bad because they went against the heroes? Is Konoha as good as we thought or is it as bad as other villages? We know Frieza and Cell were bad because they were hellbent on controlling stuff or destroying stuff for the lulz and power. We know Crocodile at the time was bad because he was willing to kill anyone who stood in his way of getting power.

    Is Danzou really a bad guy for doing anything he can to protect his village? Is Minato really a good guy when he's killing people who are doing the same as he is, protecting their own villages? Despite Naruto being like a conventional shounen, I think it's deeper or more complex than most shounen. I also think Mizuki and Orochimaru are few of the genuinely evil people in the manga.


    What are we even talking about, though?



    Quote Quote:
    I don't have anything against Naruto, far from it, but to say that his power comes from his brain...
    Naruto is clever and smart, but he is no brainiac, he is someone that learns by doing and improves by doing, Naruto's main feature always was to never give up, remember the Bee training?
    He had his arms and hands burned, yet didn't stop, because he had to master Chakra Mode.
    I'm not saying he's smart like Shikamaru, Sasuke, or Sakura. But if he wasn't clever or tricky, not giving up wouldn't help him as he'd have no way to win. He was able to stand a chance against Kiba and beat him because he came up with ingenious plans and able to trick him. Same with Gaara, to an extent. Though, refusing to give up and being a shrewd bastard do go hand in hand, I agree.

    He does, and he even admitted it himself. But, he's not as dumb as made out to be, in my opinion.

    Quote Quote:
    As for others, Naruto is a special case because Kyuubi got usable only towards the end of the manga, that's why he had to find another thing to make him stronger.
    I'm sure that, if any of the ones you mentioned lost their jutsu/ability in a set of time, they would've come up with something to compensate.
    No, the Kyuubi's always been usable near the end of fights or when Naruto was in trouble. Kyuubi is probably the main reason Naruto beat Haku, is the main reason he beat Neji, and is the main reason he could continue to fight Sasuke. Naruto's refusal to use the Kyuubi after hurting Sakura is one of the reasons why Naruto needed to find something else to make him stronger, mostly Sage Mode.

    I think same would apply to Naruto too. Shame we've only seen him spam kage bunshin. But, I will defend Naruto's intelligence to an extent. Out of old time's fanboy sake (not gonna deny bias here).

    Quote Quote:
    Well, Shika lacks a good ability, the Kagemane is good against every opponent that can't overpower him or can attack without needing to move.
    It isn't training, you can't stop a Susano'o with Kagemane even if Shika had Kage-level reserves, just to name one ability.
    He is simply content for being the pimp of this manga, even though Danzou had a good pimp cane
    I think Shika should improve some other areas of his ninjability. Better taijutsu and decent genjutsu would be a great asset. You can stop the caster of Susano'o with kagemane or that shadow choking technique. Or could, actually.



    Quote Quote:
    Plot, why didn't Itachi stopped someone that wanted the Sharingan and that, well knowing that he couldn't get it from you, would go for the little brother?
    Because he was hoping Orochimaru would up Sasuke's power level? I mean, why not go after Orochimaru during the timeskip and prevent him from coloring Sasuke in his own dye before it's too late?

    Quote Quote:
    The problem is, Tayuya's genjutsu renders your body immobile, thus you can't do more than turning your head or speak.
    Tayuya's version was even better since it provoked a lot of pain, considering that, if Itachi couldn't break it even after gaining time by delaying Kabuto by speaking to him, I doubt anyone could do it.
    Remember, Uchiha's genjutsu breaking abilities always were used on visual genjutsus.

    Niidaime Mizukage's genjutsu too wouldn't be breakable since it is generated by the fog his summon uses, meaning it would impair the Uchiha's vision regardless since it would be a curtain of chakra.
    Only a sensor can spot the Trollkage
    Not sure how much time passed, but meh. I concede as right now, I don't feel like rereading that fight so I'd be speaking out of bias for Itachi.

    Itachi has sensing powers.



    Quote Quote:
    No one said it, its one of the many reasons why people complain about the Sharingan, you just have to be a talented guy and you have a near unbreakable genjutsu made by a stare.
    If Shi and Oro couldn't break Sasuke's genjutsu, I doubt many could do it without a tool ( sharingan ) or a proved way for breaking it ( double-team with another or with a Bijuu ).
    Genjutsu that's rarely used, in my opinion. Or not as often that'd help Sasuke out tremendously. Either way though, Sasuke's been up against more enemies that can break out of his genjutsu, like Raikage, Bee, and Danzou. Did Orochimaru try to break out of the genjutsu like he did with Itachi?



    Quote Quote:
    Just saying, Naruto in Sage Mode balances perfectly 3 sources, and not 2 sources of energies to make chakra, and made a jutsu that was impossible to do, FRS.
    If it was a problem of chakra control rest assured that Naruto would not have a problem with it.
    But its also true that he doesn't need it ( not that much at least ).
    It'd probably be different, though. Naruto has to stay still to perfectly balance three sources. Though now, it's not as long as it used to be. And FRS doesn't require precise chakra control (I think) as it does chakra and strength.

    Plus, unless he can summon a big summon out of Kyuubi or Sage Mode, he might not have the precise chakra control required. Doesn't make a difference to me, as I always thought he had decent chakra control. Even with the five-pronged seal messing up his chakra control, he was improving his ability to walk on water.

    Quote Quote:
    Maybe, or maybe he's more comfortable with Raikiri.
    Or Kishi doesn't want to cheapen Rasengan even more
    He's cheapened raikiri/chidori, why not rasengan as well?

    Though raikiri sounds better as an assassination jutsu than rasengan, considering raikiri's killed at least one person where rasengan failed to kill a single one.



    Quote Quote:
    According to the databook, Hinata is above average in intelligence, and if he/she grows in a loving environment I doubt he/she would be as dumb as Naruto, even if he/she gets his father's brain.

    Nagato with the Rin'negan, dumb as he is, still destroyed a village.
    Imagine if he was made to be smart
    Imagine that intelligence coupled with prankster smarts. The most unorthodox ninja evaaaaaaaa, not even Naruto would keep up. Would be pretty awesome to see.

    Nagato would be useless without Rinnegan. If it weren't for Rinnegan, he wouldn't even be destroying a cookie.



    Quote Quote:
    Its the treatment, Orochimaru was:
    -humiliated by a 13 years old Itachi
    -humiliated by a 16 years old Sasuke
    -one-shotted by Itachi
    -resurrected by Sasuke to be his lapdog

    Kabuto received the worst treatment a character can receive, humiliated by Itachi and robbed of his power, all the while getting lectured and appearing pathetic in his arrogance.

    Nagato, a Kage level ninja, the apparent head figure of Akatsuki, can't deal with smokebombs.
    Two villains embarrassed by Sharingan and one villain embarrassed by orange jumpsuit.

    Though, I think Orochimaru has his own agenda and won't forever stay a lapdog.

    Nagato can't deal with kage bunshins either.




    Quote Quote:
    Well at least ninjabot is honest about it, he doesn't say "I really don't dislike Naruto or anything, but he is shit", he says "I dislike Naruto because he is shitty".
    Many say something like "I like Yondaime, I really do, but he sucks, he's shit and can't do anything" and bla bla bla.
    Yondaime, at least in my experience, is infinitely more hated, difference is Sasuke's fanbase is << his.
    It appears that they are comparable because we have excellent posters for Sasuke here, while Yondaime has many newbies or guys that can't take a hint and thus we automatically discard them
    Hmm, in my experience I see Minato as more popular than Sasuke, and less hated. I mean, at least people aren't saying Minato has free powerups or saying he'll be beaten with hair jutsu.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Thread Closed
Page 73 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts