Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 83 of 134 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2004

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

  1. #1231
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    He was probably shocked at Sasuke showing Itachi's Mangekyo. If Tobi has enough time to react, I can't see why he couldn't avoid it.
    Seems like we have different interpretations in this case.
    I don't know why someone like Obito didn't/couldn't go intangible the instant when he thought that he is in deep shit.
    He either couldn't go intangible before Amaterasu or he thought Izanagi is the better option, since he didn't know what is going to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Minato had to fight once or twice to figure that out, and the Root probably had info on Tobi.
    No, Minato only fought once against Tobi. Changing location (especially in a fight between two space/time users) doesn't mean they fought several times. They fought once and Minato came to conclusion about Obitos ability without taking any damage.

    The only info the Roots had is that Obito can phase through solid objects. This is the only thing they confirmed in their fight.
    The mechanics of Obitos intangibleness was found out/analyzed during the fight.
    Danzou also said that they had to be cautious, because of Obitos unknown powers.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Can Tobi be affected by genjutsu? He has Sharingan, I doubt genjutsu will work, even done by Itachi.

    Neither should Tobi's ability to go intangible.
    So we give Obito the popular Genjutsu immunity card, because... because of what? Sharingan?
    • Kakashi was caught in a Genjutsu
    • Danzou was caught in a Genjutsu
    • 3-tomoe Sasuke was caught in a Genjutsu
    • MS Itachi was caught in a Genjutsu, several times (lol)
    • EMS Sasuke was caught in a Genjutsu (lol)
    I don't/can't give Obito the Genjutsu immunity card, unless Kishi proves otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Eww, Izanami.
    I never said Izanami is required for Itachi to win. Itachi only needs to hit him one or two times. Minato (he didn't even receive a single scratch) hit him three times and the Roots hit him once. I don't see why Itachi wouldn't be capable of hitting Obito one or two times. Especially when Obito is going to attack, but doesn't realize that he is hitting a Clone of Itachi, while the real Itachi is waiting for the right time to Amaterasu or Totsukablitz him.

    I really can't see Itachi losing here. Minato and two fodder Roots were able to analyze Obitos ability without taking any damage and they were able to hit him at least once.
    Amaterasu, Susanoo, the Sword of Totsuka, Genjutsus, handseal speed so fast that your opponent doesn't realize that you used Clones, high intelligence and analyzing skills are enough for Itachi to perform better feats than the Roots and Minato.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Why couldn't they have?
    Because it wasn't shown or said? We also don't know how strong Itachi was back during the massacre and if he could use Izanami or not.
    In the end it doesn't matter, because there is a huge difference between a fight in a manga and in our arena.

  2. #1232
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    So what do you guys think of naruto adding a twist and make a bijuudama shuriken, by adding his wind nature to the bijuudama?


  3. #1233
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    So what do you guys think of naruto adding a twist and make a bijuudama shuriken, by adding his wind nature to the bijuudama?
    Bijuudama is made from Kyuubi chakra I think, so Naruto's element has nothing to do with it.

  4. #1234
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    I never said Izanami is required for Itachi to win. Itachi only needs to hit him one or two times. Minato (he didn't even receive a single scratch) hit him three times and the Roots hit him once.
    I don't remember the Root hitting Obito, he only was affected by the nano insects because he warped Torune.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  5. #1235
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Yes, and Yamato is no where near Hashirama. This has been highlighted multiple times. based on the info we've been given, without that Necklace he is even less of a factor. So ultimately, it's just reaching.
    It is, but it's not illogical reaching. Though, I think Yamato's main problem is that his chakra isn't as powerful or unique as Hashirama's




    Quote Quote:
    You're saying that Naruto, being distraught, and susceptible to the Fox's influence for brief moments because of the circumstances, is the same as Gaara being a complete nutcase for number of years?
    No, but both were influenced by their bijuu. I think Kyuubi took control of Naruto during that time though, whereas Gaara was intentionally messed up.




    Quote Quote:
    That was never my gripe though. My issue was with Nagato not having to go through any suffering for simply having, or due to the Rinnegan, not gaining it. So I'm not sure where you're going with this. You are taking a giant guess with the statement about his parents. Even then, it would still fall under the category of gaining
    You're also taking a guess that Nagato never went through any suffering that was related to the Rinnegan.

    Quote Quote:
    So I guess Haku, Orochimaru and Sasuke didn't mean anything. Even still, does that change the fact that it still happened? however, eyeballs cannot do that because they're not sentient. I doubt the fox itself knew about the whole "regeneration" thing
    What do you mean about Haku, Orochimaru, and Sasuke?

    Exactly, eyeballs still depend on their owners. Bijuu do not, they just need their owner to be alive. If Sasuke didn't train his body to increase his speed, it wouldn't have helped him against Gaara or even Raikage. If Neji didn't train on his own, his ability to see tenketsu (?) wouldn't matter if he wasn't able to use the Hyuuga main branch's jutsu. Naruto and Gaara wouldn't need to train, actually. Gaara has automatic defense that protects him from almost anything but speed. Naruto can just feel emotional and get Kyuubi's chakra, which boosts his speed, strength, and durability as well as heal him. Gaara and Naruto don't have to train for that or even be aware of their bijuu. That's basically a free powerup, regardless of social cost.

    Quote Quote:
    You are completely assuming in the case of Sasuke. How does that even matter anyway? Because one character was awake for a transplant in the middle of a war, that means all characters that get eye transplants have to be conscious for the operation?
    Considering we saw Sasuke awake after the operation with bandages on, it's not a complete assumption.

    No, but it means that it's likely that characters can be awake during eye transplants.

    Quote Quote:
    Since you brought up a risk that was possible but didn't happen at all, given the fact that madara was swapping out eyes like baseball cards So him messing up on Nagato's transplant is highly unlikely, I'll throw in Naruto getting all his chakra drained by the fox and dying. That's was still a risk even though it didn't come close to happening. A risk that was actually mentioned in the manga.
    Swapping out eyes like baseball cards? Only saw him do that twice.

    A risk that never happened at all because the Kyuubi decided not to. Naruto fighting Kyuubi is a risk because Naruto was actually in danger. Naruto getting his chakra drained by Kyuubi wasn't a risk (after we learned the Kyuubi stopped) because after a while, Kyuubi stopped taking Naruto's chakra. It'd have been a risk only if Kyuubi was still completely evil, since it would have taken all of Naruto's chakra.

    Kyuubi's been giving Naruto free powerups after powerups. Take out what happened to Naruto socially, and you can't really argue against this. It's like saying Sasuke worked hard to find Itachi's eyes, so it wasn't a free powerup when he got the EMS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Bias isn't tied with what one's like, I am becoming biased towards Yondaime despite not being a big fan of the man because I'm seeing how desperate people are getting in trying to get him down using the most strange motivations and arguments while trying and failing to appear unbiased.
    For all the hate Sasuke receives, have you ever seen 4-5 thread pages on the interpretation of one phrase?
    Hell do you see the same hate on people praising Yondaime when someone posts that Sasuke would solo 5 Kages at the same time?
    Come on!
    What? Why not point out how people are favoring Minato and making up stuff, like breaking out of Itachi's genjutsu or Tsukuyomi? Or claiming he CAN beat Raikage if he can't even hurt Raikage? If people said Minato can break out of Sasuke's genjutsu, I can actually find that feasible. But I find it difficult to believe minato can break out of Itachi's genjutsu in time which Orochimaru couldn't, and Deidara would have killed himself if Itachi didn't reveal he was in genjutsu.

    If you were to argue that Raikage can't touch Minato despite the plan he came up with, I can agree with that because Minato was alive until he sacrificed himself and never looked to sustain any injuries.

    ANd lulz? Sasuke can't solo five kage when he doesn't have Mokuton or Rinnegan. The only one who can come close to that is Naruto, and I don't count ET Madara.

    Quote Quote:
    Also people accusation doesn't mean the world is out against Sasuke, I see character downplaying everywhere
    One has to be objective regardless of what people says
    Not as much as Sasuke.

    I am being objective, though. Hell, I don't even consider Nagato losing to Itachi (or combo of Itachi, Naruto, and Bee [Itachi's my favorite, Naruto's one of my favorites, and I don't like Nagato]) canon, and I blame Kabuto for making Nagato fight badly. I defend Nagato in regards to this. And despite me usually arguing against Minato (or sometimes), I defended him when people said he should have realized Tobi was Obito. And I still say Minato's the only one to hit Tobi on his own terms without prior knowledge on his own. To be honest thoug, I don't dislike Minato at all, just his fans.

    Plus, I like to argue for the underdogs. \m/ Or people who get unfairly judged against.



    Quote Quote:
    I doubt that, if you'd make a Hashirama vs SM Naruto thread in the Arena , even a single person would say Naruto wins.
    He could say it, but then he would have proof that Naruto simply can't compare.

    Also for the tourney, I believe Kabutomaru would be another that could reach the top, he is incredibly underestimated in this forum
    Someone voted for Sasori (?) beating Orochimaru just because he hated Orochimaru.

    If he gets paired against Itachi, people will say Itachi wins. <_< Not me though, I refuse to count Izanami as an actual jutsu.

    But yeah, Kabutomaru is pretty good. I think Naruto would give him the biggest challenge.

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Seems like we have different interpretations in this case.
    I don't know why someone like Obito didn't/couldn't go intangible the instant when he thought that he is in deep shit.
    He either couldn't go intangible before Amaterasu or he thought Izanagi is the better option, since he didn't know what is going to happen.
    Too shocked to react? Itachi's Mangekyo did appear in Sasuke's eye out of nowhere.

    If Tobi has enough time to react, he can avoid Amaterasu. Why shouldn't he be able to? Though actually, Amaterasu comes from another dimension, right?


    Quote Quote:
    No, Minato only fought once against Tobi. Changing location (especially in a fight between two space/time users) doesn't mean they fought several times. They fought once and Minato came to conclusion about Obitos ability without taking any damage.

    The only info the Roots had is that Obito can phase through solid objects. This is the only thing they confirmed in their fight.
    Fine. He had to teleport two or three times and escape Tobi before getting sucked in in order to formulate a plan. I don't think anyone else but Niidaime Hokage has this luxury unless they have someone else to help them or can react quickly to the warp attempt.


    Quote Quote:
    So we give Obito the popular Genjutsu immunity card, because... because of what? Sharingan?
    • Kakashi was caught in a Genjutsu
    • Danzou was caught in a Genjutsu
    • 3-tomoe Sasuke was caught in a Genjutsu
    • MS Itachi was caught in a Genjutsu, several times (lol)
    • EMS Sasuke was caught in a Genjutsu (lol)
    I don't/can't give Obito the Genjutsu immunity card, unless Kishi proves otherwise.
    Yes because Danzou broke out, Sauske broke out, Itachi broke out (?), and Kakashi... broke out?

    I'm not saying Tobi is immune, I'm saying he can break out of it more easily. No one is immune to genjutsu.


    Quote Quote:
    I never said Izanami is required for Itachi to win. Itachi only needs to hit him one or two times. Minato (he didn't even receive a single scratch) hit him three times and the Roots hit him once. I don't see why Itachi wouldn't be capable of hitting Obito one or two times. Especially when Obito is going to attack, but doesn't realize that he is hitting a Clone of Itachi, while the real Itachi is waiting for the right time to Amaterasu or Totsukablitz him.
    Minato had Hiraishin, basically the only reason he even touched Tobi. Despite three hits, Tobi still got up like it was nohting. Root never hit him, Tobi let himself be contaminated by Torune (?)'s nanobugs to warp him away.

    I question that, since Tobi was able to react to Naruto trying to rasengan him from teh back.

    Quote Quote:
    I really can't see Itachi losing here. Minato and two fodder Roots were able to analyze Obitos ability without taking any damage and they were able to hit him at least once.
    Amaterasu, Susanoo, the Sword of Totsuka, Genjutsus, handseal speed so fast that your opponent doesn't realize that you used Clones, high intelligence and analyzing skills are enough for Itachi to perform better feats than the Roots and Minato.
    Minato had Hiraishin. The nanobugs were what got Tobi and only because he had to touch to warp 'em away. Itachi by himself can't take out Tobi, I just don't see how.


    Quote Quote:
    Because it wasn't shown or said? We also don't know how strong Itachi was back during the massacre and if he could use Izanami or not.
    In the end it doesn't matter, because there is a huge difference between a fight in a manga and in our arena.
    True. Fights tend to be more canon while arenas are more about speculations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    So what do you guys think of naruto adding a twist and make a bijuudama shuriken, by adding his wind nature to the bijuudama?
    He'd need a clone. D:

  6. #1236
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    I don't remember the Root hitting Obito, he only was affected by the nano insects because he warped Torune.
    The whole reason why Torune covered his whole body with those bugs is to hurt Obito the instant when they make contact. And that is what happened. Obito made contact and was hit by the bugs.
    So yeah... Torune hit Obito, because the purpose of his Jutsu is what I wrote above and what actually happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Too shocked to react? Itachi's Mangekyo did appear in Sasuke's eye out of nowhere.

    If Tobi has enough time to react, he can avoid Amaterasu. Why shouldn't he be able to? Though actually, Amaterasu comes from another dimension, right?
    Just for your information -> In my posts I'm going with the/my assumption that Obito used Izanagi.
    That's why I doubt he was too shocked to go intangible, since Izanagi also requires to be activated.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Fine. He had to teleport two or three times and escape Tobi before getting sucked in in order to formulate a plan. I don't think anyone else but Niidaime Hokage has this luxury unless they have someone else to help them or can react quickly to the warp attempt.
    Clones, Genjutsu, Susanoo? First off we shouldn't forget that no one Itachi fought so far (besides RM Naruto) realized that there is a Clone of Itachi walking around the battlefield. Itachi has all the tools to stay away from Obito, not the best ones but these are enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Yes because Danzou broke out, Sauske broke out, Itachi broke out (?), and Kakashi... broke out?

    I'm not saying Tobi is immune, I'm saying he can break out of it more easily. No one is immune to genjutsu.
    Oh, don't misunderstand me. I never said Obito is not going to break those Genjutsus. But every second Obito spends in a Genjutsu world is a very dangerous second and someone like Itachi knows exactly how to use them.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Minato had Hiraishin, basically the only reason he even touched Tobi. Despite three hits, Tobi still got up like it was nohting. Root never hit him, Tobi let himself be contaminated by Torune (?)'s nanobugs to warp him away.
    Tobi was hit by bugs, with a Rasengan, a contract-breaking seal and a kunai. You want to compare these with Amaterasu, the Sword of Totsuka and (Izanami)?

    The Roots never hit him? What was the point for Torune covering his body with those bugs? Hitting the enemy when they make contact I suppose? It's irrelevant how the contact came off. The fact remains that Torune used his Jutsu for a case like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I question that, since Tobi was able to react to Naruto trying to rasengan him from teh back.
    Can you please show me which instance you are refering to?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Minato had Hiraishin. The nanobugs were what got Tobi and only because he had to touch to warp 'em away. Itachi by himself can't take out Tobi, I just don't see how.
    It would be boring if everyone had the same opinion. This is what makes the discussions here interesting.
    Last edited by syx; October 08, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

  7. #1237
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Heres my two cents on the bias debate. Who gets favored and who gets downplayed. I'm sure I will leave so members out, so I hope no one takes offense.

    Uchiha Blood:
    Downplays Sasuke to the fullest, over hype Naruto.. I also think you hate on Itachi for just being abeastly shinobi without any outside help.(bijuu, Hashirama cells)

    MJ3:
    I'm not going to say you over hype Sasuke cause you don't like the character. I will say you find yourself defending him on arguments that Sasuke have basically been shown proof against. I also think you give Oonoki to much credit forgiving one over power jutsu.

    R KING:
    Over hype Sasuke to the fullest..

    Marshall:
    Over hype Minato to the fullest. Downplay everyone else.

    XXan:
    Give Sasuke to much credit, down play Minato to the fullest.

    That's all crosses my mind. Agian, not attempting to defend anyone.

  8. #1238
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,972
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Can you please show me which instance you are refering to?
    I think that happened while Sasuke and Itachi fought and Team Konoha was running around eh.. looking for Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Spoiler show
    Yourself? :P
    Last edited by Schabrak; October 08, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  9. #1239
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I think that happened while Sasuke and Itachi fought and Team Konoha was running around eh.. looking for Sasuke?
    I hope that's not what M3J was refering to. This is base Naruto (who had no speed feats) charging/jumping at Obito with a Rasengan. Naruto wasn't fast at all and with good senses you can hear someone who is jumping at you with a Rasengan.
    How is such an attack comparable to a Totsuka-blitz or an Amaterasu, a technique which is executed nearly in an instant. It's not even a "moving" Jutsu in form of a projectile. Completely different.

  10. #1240
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Quote:
    It is, but it's not illogical reaching. Though, I think Yamato's main problem is that his chakra isn't as powerful or unique as Hashirama's
    It's still reaching no matter what way you slice it. And the rest is assumptions.


    Quote Quote:
    No, but both were influenced by their bijuu. I think Kyuubi took control of Naruto during that time though, whereas Gaara was intentionally messed up.
    Ok so it's correct to assume that had Naruto not made the connection that he made and was instead a crazy person, Minato would have still been able to do fix everything?


    Quote Quote:
    You're also taking a guess that Nagato never went through any suffering that was related to the Rinnegan.
    I'm actually basing that on what we've been shown. If in the future, it is said that Nagato went through suffering for simply having the Rinnegan, then I will give you that. For right now however, we know that all of Nagato's skill and abilities came from those eyes. Eyes which originally belonged to Madara. Yes, he trained while with Jiraiya. However, we never saw him use anything outside of the Rinnegan standards when not in a flashback. On top of all of that, he was a complete and utter tool. Literally, to give him any credit outside of simply utilizing the eyes, you'd have to resort to assumptions and benefit of the doubt.

    You're trying to pull in real world logic to give points to Nagato. Yes, mistakes with transplants happen but this is a manga . If such a possibility had been mentioned within the Manga I'd understand however.....

    Quote Quote:
    What do you mean about Haku, Orochimaru, and Sasuke?
    You said that the Fox did not start exerting its influence over Naruto till his training with Jiraiya. if I recall correctly the fox's chakra comes with it's will correct? Therefor it's influence. It was completely apparent with Haku, less apparent when he Protected Sasuke against the Orochimaru's snake and his fight with Sasuke was the first time a tailed transformation was shown/

    Quote Quote:
    Exactly, eyeballs still depend on their owners. Bijuu do not, they just need their owner to be alive. If Sasuke didn't train his body to increase his speed, it wouldn't have helped him against Gaara or even Raikage. If Neji didn't train on his own, his ability to see tenketsu (?) wouldn't matter if he wasn't able to use the Hyuuga main branch's jutsu. Naruto and Gaara wouldn't need to train, actually. Gaara has automatic defense that protects him from almost anything but speed. Naruto can just feel emotional and get Kyuubi's chakra, which boosts his speed, strength, and durability as well as heal him. Gaara and Naruto don't have to train for that or even be aware of their bijuu. That's basically a free powerup, regardless of social cost.
    Once again, how does that not count? It doesn't matter the benefits it gives if they have the possibility of losing themselves entirely due to social cost. I like how you used Neji and Sasuke to argue for Nagato. Their cases are entirely different from his. The Rinnegan alone put him above a lot of people in the power scale. Hell, the guy murdered three people without being conscious of it. Sasuke and Neji had to use their skills as individuals in tandem with their eyes.

    Quote Quote:
    Considering we saw Sasuke awake after the operation with bandages on, it's not a complete assumption.

    No, but it means that it's likely that characters can be awake during eye transplants.
    And we do not know how much time had passed from the operation actually finishing to when we saw Sasuke. So it's logical to assume he was awake for the entire thing? Even still it doesn't make sense to assume that since 1 character was awake for an operation that all characters that get eye transplants are in the same condition. Just because you can be awake, doesn't mean that Nagato was. You're just reaching to give him points.

    Quote Quote:
    Swapping out eyes like baseball cards? Only saw him do that twice.
    Yes, more than once. He literally had a spare eye lying around.

    Quote Quote:
    A risk that never happened at all because the Kyuubi decided not to. Naruto fighting Kyuubi is a risk because Naruto was actually in danger. Naruto getting his chakra drained by Kyuubi wasn't a risk (after we learned the Kyuubi stopped) because after a while, Kyuubi stopped taking Naruto's chakra. It'd have been a risk only if Kyuubi was still completely evil, since it would have taken all of Naruto's chakra.

    Kyuubi's been giving Naruto free powerups after powerups. Take out what happened to Naruto socially, and you can't really argue against this. It's like saying Sasuke worked hard to find Itachi's eyes, so it wasn't a free powerup when he got the EMS.
    It's still a risk because it was mentioned in the manga as such. Madara messing up on Nagato's transplant was not, that's just pulling in real world logic to try and give Nagato points.

    There lies the very reason you don't want to count it. The fact of the matter is however, that's still a cost even if you don't want to see it that way.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; October 08, 2012 at 07:48 PM.

  11. #1241
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Heres my two cents on the bias debate. Who gets favored and who gets downplayed. I'm sure I will leave so members out, so I hope no one takes offense.

    Uchiha Blood:
    Downplays Sasuke to the fullest, over hype Naruto.. I also think you hate on Itachi for just being abeastly shinobi without any outside help.(bijuu, Hashirama cells)

    MJ3:
    I'm not going to say you over hype Sasuke cause you don't like the character. I will say you find yourself defending him on arguments that Sasuke have basically been shown proof against. I also think you give Oonoki to much credit forgiving one over power jutsu.

    R KING:
    Over hype Sasuke to the fullest..

    Marshall:
    Over hype Minato to the fullest. Downplay everyone else.

    XXan:
    Give Sasuke to much credit, down play Minato to the fullest.

    That's all crosses my mind. Agian, not attempting to defend anyone.
    Im confused... Was there a reviewing session? (Genuine question)
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  12. #1242
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Heres my two cents on the bias debate. Who gets favored and who gets downplayed. I'm sure I will leave so members out, so I hope no one takes offense.

    Uchiha Blood:
    Downplays Sasuke to the fullest, over hype Naruto.. I also think you hate on Itachi for just being abeastly shinobi without any outside help.(bijuu, Hashirama cells)

    MJ3:
    I'm not going to say you over hype Sasuke cause you don't like the character. I will say you find yourself defending him on arguments that Sasuke have basically been shown proof against. I also think you give Oonoki to much credit forgiving one over power jutsu.

    R KING:
    Over hype Sasuke to the fullest..

    Marshall:
    Over hype Minato to the fullest. Downplay everyone else.

    XXan:
    Give Sasuke to much credit, down play Minato to the fullest.

    That's all crosses my mind. Agian, not attempting to defend anyone.
    Then what about you?

    You overstimating both sasuke and itachi to the fullest. And you hate Minato because that man is the true definition of being a ninja. Who doesn't have an eye power, a bijuu inside, and a KG. That man has just a pure talent. A talent that makes him the greatest ninja that the konoha has ever produced. A talent that makes him the most dangerous man in the battlefield. A talent that makes him as unsurpassed by someonewho fought him. A talent that make jiraiya think that he was the savior and the destined child of the ninja world. And above all, the flee on sight order makes him more beastly than itachi.

    ---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

    And I forgot to tell you that because of Minato, the man who defeated tobi and the kyubi, sasuke and itachi are still alived. Without Minato, tobi and the kyubi already raped the entire konoha, together with the entire uchiha clan. That includes itachi and the super baby, sasuke. So, you should be thankfull.

  13. #1243
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Let's not personally attack people.

    Attacking characters is perfectly fine. Pick on Minato somemore everybody! But not on eachother.

    @Prince Sasuke: Yeah... you're probably gonna get warned for calling out people like that. I got warned back in the day for demanding certain posters (I named them all) explain to me how Jiraiya could beat Sasuke in that god aweful tournament.

  14. #1244
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Just for your information -> In my posts I'm going with the/my assumption that Obito used Izanagi.
    That's why I doubt he was too shocked to go intangible, since Izanagi also requires to be activated.
    Though I'm not sure if he used Izanagi or not, I do think him being too shocked to react doesn't make sense either.


    Quote Quote:
    Clones, Genjutsu, Susanoo? First off we shouldn't forget that no one Itachi fought so far (besides RM Naruto) realized that there is a Clone of Itachi walking around the battlefield. Itachi has all the tools to stay away from Obito, not the best ones but these are enough.
    Itachi used clones against RM Naruto? Are you talking about when Itachi first engaged Naruto and Bee in a hand-to-hand combat? I thought that was just Itachi himself being fast as hell.

    I think clone is actually one of the best, when fighting by one's self. Tobi can't touch Itachi if he's too busy avoiding the clone's attacks, like with Naruto-Gai-Kakashi combo.


    Quote Quote:
    Oh, don't misunderstand me. I never said Obito is not going to break those Genjutsus. But every second Obito spends in a Genjutsu world is a very dangerous second and someone like Itachi knows exactly how to use them.
    True. I also don't see how Tobi or ANYONE can get out of Tsukuyomi when Itachi manipulates the time. I don't think he did that against Sasuke in their final fight.


    Quote Quote:
    Tobi was hit by bugs, with a Rasengan, a contract-breaking seal and a kunai. You want to compare these with Amaterasu, the Sword of Totsuka and (Izanami)?

    The Roots never hit him? What was the point for Torune covering his body with those bugs? Hitting the enemy when they make contact I suppose? It's irrelevant how the contact came off. The fact remains that Torune used his Jutsu for a case like this.
    He let himself be infected by the bugs, though, as he had no other choice. If Tobi wanted to kill Torune, I'm sure he didn't have to touch him.


    Quote Quote:
    Can you please show me which instance you are refering to?
    someone pointed it out.


    Quote Quote:
    It would be boring if everyone had the same opinion. This is what makes the discussions here interesting.
    Agreed. As long as it's smart and not biased in an idiotic way, I actually enjoy the discussions.



    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Ok so it's correct to assume that had Naruto not made the connection that he made and was instead a crazy person, Minato would have still been able to do fix everything?
    Depending on what made Naruto crazy, yes. All it took for Gaara was a fight with Naruto and learning why he fought for Gaara to be good.

    Naruto's reason for goin evil would have been due to how hated he was and how alone he was, resenting the villagers. If Minato explains stuff, then Naruto would either stay evil or turn good, probably turning good after knowing he's loved and what Minato and Kushina sacrificed for him.




    Quote Quote:
    I'm actually basing that on what we've been shown. If in the future, it is said that Nagato went through suffering for simply having the Rinnegan, then I will give you that. For right now however, we know that all of Nagato's skill and abilities came from those eyes. Eyes which originally belonged to Madara. Yes, he trained while with Jiraiya. However, we never saw him use anything outside of the Rinnegan standards when not in a flashback. On top of all of that, he was a complete and utter tool. Literally, to give him any credit outside of simply utilizing the eyes, you'd have to resort to assumptions and benefit of the doubt.
    Not all of his skills and abilities. His taijutsu wasn't Rinnegan based, as far as we know.

    True, I always say Rinnegan was the only reason why Nagato was as good as he was, and that he's vastly overrated. Take away the Rinnegan and you only have a person good enough in taijutsu, but dumb otherwise.

    Quote Quote:
    You said that the Fox did not start exerting its influence over Naruto till his training with Jiraiya. if I recall correctly the fox's chakra comes with it's will correct? Therefor it's influence. It was completely apparent with Haku, less apparent when he Protected Sasuke against the Orochimaru's snake and his fight with Sasuke was the first time a tailed transformation was shown/
    Oh, I know that, but Naruto still had influence and could still think for himself. During the timeskip, Kyuubi completely took over and nearly killed Jiraiya. It also completely took over when Yamato, Sakura, Sai, and Naruto were meeting Kabuto and met Orochimaru, and when Naruto fought Pain.



    Quote Quote:
    Once again, how does that not count? It doesn't matter the benefits it gives if they have the possibility of losing themselves entirely due to social cost. I like how you used Neji and Sasuke to argue for Nagato. Their cases are entirely different from his. The Rinnegan alone put him above a lot of people in the power scale. Hell, the guy murdered three people without being conscious of it. Sasuke and Neji had to use their skills as individuals in tandem with their eyes.
    Even if Naruto becomes crazy and pays a heavy price socially, it doesn't change the fact that the Kyuubi will still protect him and give him power.

    But Nagato began to actively use Rinnegan. He still had to train to use it, somehow. He couldn't have known most of the power that Rinnegan gave him without training or practicing... though Kabuto apparently seemed to know when he took control of Nagato.



    Quote Quote:
    And we do not know how much time had passed from the operation actually finishing to when we saw Sasuke. So it's logical to assume he was awake for the entire thing? Even still it doesn't make sense to assume that since 1 character was awake for an operation that all characters that get eye transplants are in the same condition. Just because you can be awake, doesn't mean that Nagato was. You're just reaching to give him points.
    Yes, just as it's logical to assume he was under anesthesia and knocked out.



    Quote Quote:
    Yes, more than once. He literally had a spare eye lying around.
    Didn't he get that from someone? But he only swapped his eyes with Izuna, at best, give Nagato his eyes, and took someone's eye. But my definition of swapping means exchange of eyes, which Madara didn't do as far as we know.



    Quote Quote:
    It's still a risk because it was mentioned in the manga as such. Madara messing up on Nagato's transplant was not, that's just pulling in real world logic to try and give Nagato points.
    Well, won't deny that.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Let's not personally attack people.

    Attacking characters is perfectly fine. Pick on Minato somemore everybody! But not on eachother.

    @Prince Sasuke: Yeah... you're probably gonna get warned for calling out people like that. I got warned back in the day for demanding certain posters (I named them all) explain to me how Jiraiya could beat Sasuke in that god aweful tournament.
    Doubt he'll get warned since he was actually being amiable and not negative.

  15. #1245
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    R KING:
    Over hype Sasuke to the fullest...
    I don't overhype Sasuke. Perhaps overestimates, but not overhype. I'll admit I tend to stick with the positives with him, more so then say with Naruto or Minato, but I think the only character I've shown open bias against is Tsunade.

Thread Closed
Page 83 of 134 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts