Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you think Sasuke's Ulterior motive is?

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused What do you think Sasuke's Ulterior motive is?

- Is he secretly planning to betray everyone?

- Will he become the Juubi's Jinchuuriki?

- Will Naruto sense his change in emotion if he does want to betray them?

- Will Sasuke ultimately stay good and Kishi's just trolling us right now?

What do you think?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think Sasuke's Ulterior motive is?

I have absolutely no clue what his motive is. But I think everyone saw this one coming.
    Maybe he wants to kill madara himself since he's kind of responsible for his clan's demise.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's my guess. He wants to end the war by himself. It makes zero since for him to announce wanting to be Hokage then turn against everyone.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke is at a borderline here and I don't know which way he'll step. His speech patterns haven't changed in their tone. Especially when he said 'burn', his eyes really looked psychopathic. The problem isn't his arrogance but his reactions. He still seems to have a blood lust that hasn't dimmed even though he has switched sides.

Yes, that synchronization with Naruto was very good but yet felt a little contrived, and that was emphasized by Tobirama when he said that only experience can lead to such a perfect ratio. I wonder if Naruto 'finally understanding Sasuke' speech at their last encounter has some basis for this.

The fact is Sasuke hasn't really changed in his outlook. He is still a little too radical and aggressive and I don't really know which way Kishi was sway him.
    Reading is a good habit.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sasuke plans to become the ten-tails jinchuuriki and cast an eternal izanami on the entire world where everyone re-lives the moment in part one where he and naruto accidentally kissed

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    sasuke plans to become the ten-tails jinchuuriki and cast an eternal izanami on the entire world where everyone re-lives the moment in part one where he and naruto accidentally kissed
    How is that in anyway an evil plan?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

sasuke plans to become the ten-tails jinchuuriki and cast an eternal izanami
    That is most likely true, i have the same suspicions, but in fact it maybe not izanami, but izanagi, we still need to consider those sharingans in Obito's place. Sasuke proly gonna try to use them to revive his clan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SupremeMod's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To make himself interesting again and to complete this manga with an epic villain.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he plans to be the elader as he said. HOKAGE... Just that he is probably aiming to get there trough force somehow. I am sure he is aware he is not going to be Hokage as nobody would want him but... Yeah that is the only thing that i can see here. The aim to become Hokage trough force.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree, he will attempt to complete the moons eye plan in order to restore his clan.

OR

Use the 10 tails power and izamai to go back in time and prevent the massacre.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    That is most likely true, i have the same suspicions, but in fact it maybe not izanami, but izanagi, we still need to consider those sharingans in Obito's place. Sasuke proly gonna try to use them to revive his clan.
    that would be epic, holy shit i was just joking but if you are right that would be one hell of a plot twist

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    - Is he secretly planning to betray everyone?

- Will he become the Juubi's Jinchuuriki?

- Will Naruto sense his change in emotion if he does want to betray them?

- Will Sasuke ultimately stay good and Kishi's just trolling us right now?

What do you think?
    Sasuke isn't very good at hiding his emotions, and Naruto can sense emotions and evil intent, and Sasuke doesn't even know that. So if Sasuke had some kind of ulterior motive, Naruto would have sensed it and done something. Remember, Naruto had resigned himself to the fact that if he had to kill Sasuke he would, and all they are doing now is working flawlessly together.

He wants to be Hokage and change Konoha for the better. His intentions are good, and while I have faith in his intelligence and new found wisdom, it remains to be seen how he'll go about becoming Hokage if he survives this whole ordeal. Given that Kishi loves him, I fully expect everyone to sympathize with him and back him once he explains himself.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeMod View Post
    To make himself interesting again and to complete this manga with an epic villain.
    So Sasuke have to be a villain to become interesting? He live by his own rules is pretty interesting to me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Sasuke isn't very good at hiding his emotions, and Naruto can sense emotions and evil intent, and Sasuke doesn't even know that. So if Sasuke had some kind of ulterior motive, Naruto would have sensed it and done something. Remember, Naruto had resigned himself to the fact that if he had to kill Sasuke he would, and all they are doing now is working flawlessly together.

He wants to be Hokage and change Konoha for the better. His intentions are good, and while I have faith in his intelligence and new found wisdom, it remains to be seen how he'll go about becoming Hokage if he survives this whole ordeal. Given that Kishi loves him, I fully expect everyone to sympathize with him and back him once he explains himself.
    he could very well have an ulterior motive that isnt evil at all

just completely self centered or maybe just different than what everyone else has planned

then again kishi could be trolling us as well

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

he could very well have an ulterior motive that isnt evil at all

just completely self centered or maybe just different than what everyone else has planned

then again kishi could be trolling us as well
    That's the thing, Sasuke's self centered goal was always revenge, and that is no longer an option.

He isn't seeking to be Hokage for power, glory, or fame. He's doing so because he wants to right the wrongs of the past and protect people. If his intention's weren't pure Naruto would have noticed by now.

Now him reviving his clan would be interesting, but he'd either need to get A) The Rinnegan, or B) Orochimaru. With some effort he could aqcuire either or both. On to of that he'd need a rather large power source (aka the Kyuubi or Juubi) which he could control with either EMS of the Rinnegan probably.

The only thing, while that all seems explainable, it just seems to involved and pointless. And again, Naruto would have sensed something like this so I don't think it's going to happen.
    Last edited by Delbi; June 16, 2013 at 09:31 AM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast