Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

Now Sentient! 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MangaHelpers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Now Sentient! 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MangaHelpers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Hangout Thread v.11

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Hangout Thread v.11

I know, but the thing is, we have never seen Amaterasu do that. Raikage was the only one, if I recall, to get hit without escape, but he was still ready to fight, even after cutting off his own hadn. Plus, how can Amaterasu spread? I thought it only hit where the eyes looked, otherwise the samuri would have completely been on fire.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Krik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.11

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I know, but the thing is, we have never seen Amaterasu do that. Raikage was the only one, if I recall, to get hit without escape, but he was still ready to fight, even after cutting off his own hadn.
    Yeah he hadn't even begun to fight and I'm positive he had other means of dealing with an MS. I just don't think he had a cool head in that fight which cost him his hand.

Quote Quote:
    how can Amaterasu spread? I thought it only hit where the eyes looked, otherwise the samuri would have completely been on fire.
    Right but I was certain that as long as there is something to burn, Amaterasu keeps burning and can't be extinguished. I don't see how it would have stopped after burning off his hand and lower arm if he didn't cut that part off. Temari blew the samurai's armor off before it reached his skin.
    I am convinced that Madara Uchiha used Izanagi on the entire story. Even Kishimoto was affected.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.11 - Part 1

I don't think he had any other means apart from outspeeding Amaterasu. From the looks of it, only his father could have handled Amaterasu while still being able to fight.

If it's as hot as the sun, it should have burned the samurai quickly and easily instead of just keeping his armor on fire. Even after a while, Amaterasu stayed where it was on Raikage's band thingie.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All i know is that for a jutsu as "hax" and "op" has Amaterasu, it still has yet to actually kill someone. Hell i don't even think it has been shown to seriously injure anyone either.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Technically, Amaterasu killed Danzo once. And a crow. So it has killed, just nothing all that impressive.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess Kirin's not too impressive either, since it hasn't killed anything.

Also, IIRC, isn't Amaterasu stronger when it's being focused on than when it's burning on its own?
    Avoiding debates with people below a certain level of English comp.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Krik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My point is regardless of whether or not they have killed anyone yet, impressive or unimpressive, Sharingan techs are basically I win buttons. Does this mean high caliber or at least knowledgeable shinobi will fall to them? Of course not. Does this mean they are unavoidable? Nope. It does mean unless you have jutsu or physical ability to deal with them, a large chakra pool won't help much if at all.
    I am convinced that Madara Uchiha used Izanagi on the entire story. Even Kishimoto was affected.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the same with FRS and Kyuubi chakra, except with Kyuubi chakra, there's little to no risk at all while Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi drains chakra and speeds up the rate of loss of eyesight for MS users. With FRS, in Sage Mode all Naruto has to do is throw it and expand it if he wants and in Rikudou Mode, the cost of FRS is taken away, if not reduced. FRS is the only thing that takes away chakra from Naruto, while all MS jutsu takes away chakra.

Since there's been one or two occasions Sharingan techs have taken out a big enemy, as compared to more than two occassions FRS has, I don't think it's as much of an "I win" buttons as Naruto's jutsu.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter View Post
    Also, IIRC, isn't Amaterasu stronger when it's being focused on than when it's burning on its own?
    Yeah, when Amaterasu is focused on by the user, not only does it appear to burn hotter but it can grow much bigger then when it's simply shot out with no care. Both Itachi and Sasuke have used an Amaterasu that was dozen of times bigger then they were.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krik
    My point is regardless of whether or not they have killed anyone yet, impressive or unimpressive, Sharingan techs are basically I win buttons. Does this mean high caliber or at least knowledgeable shinobi will fall to them? Of course not. Does this mean they are unavoidable? Nope. It does mean unless you have jutsu or physical ability to deal with them, a large chakra pool won't help much if at all.

The lethality of Sasuke or Naruto's powers was never my argument in the first place: it's the throwaway nature of Naruto's powers compared to to the "Use these too much and you friggin' die" nature of Sasuke's. No matter how lethal you claim they are, they come at an immediate cost that he ALWAYS has to pay, no matter what. There's no getting past it, because of the physical pain that using the jutsu cause (EVERY time), and the massive chakra cost.

FRS is a drop in the bucket for Naruto, who has nearly limitless reserves thanks to both Kyuubi and Sage Mode. It doesn't cause excruciating pain to use either. His chakra shroud can be activated without his own mental control, provided the Kyuubi allows it. Sasuke's Tsukiyomi was lame compared to Itachi's despite the huge chakra drain and eye pain, and his Susanoo makes his entire body feel as if it's on fire, on top of both a massive, then steady drain of chakra.

Swear by the unquenchable flames of Amaterasu if you want to, just get rid of the notion that the price payed for those flames isn't considerably greater than the price Naruto pays to use an FRS.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    The lethality of Sasuke or Naruto's powers was never my argument in the first place: it's the throwaway nature of Naruto's powers compared to to the "Use these too much and you friggin' die" nature of Sasuke's. No matter how lethal you claim they are, they come at an immediate cost that he ALWAYS has to pay, no matter what. There's no getting past it, because of the physical pain that using the jutsu cause (EVERY time), and the massive chakra cost.

FRS is a drop in the bucket for Naruto, who has nearly limitless reserves thanks to both Kyuubi and Sage Mode. It doesn't cause excruciating pain to use either. His chakra shroud can be activated without his own mental control, provided the Kyuubi allows it. Sasuke's Tsukiyomi was lame compared to Itachi's despite the huge chakra drain and eye pain, and his Susanoo makes his entire body feel as if it's on fire, on top of both a massive, then steady drain of chakra.

Swear by the unquenchable flames of Amaterasu if you want to, just get rid of the notion that the price payed for those flames isn't considerably greater than the price Naruto pays to use an FRS.
    Just to play devil's advocate here, until he got Kyuubi Mode, Naruto could only use FRS twice before draining his Sage chakra, which USED to have its own limitations as far as him gathering it, lol

And until the Kyuubi decided not to drain his chakra, Naruto fighting with his usual style in KM would have killed him fairly quickly. As far as the chakra shroud, he does gain great power and durability, but the price is indiscriminate destruction, which could've killed Kakashi, Sakura, and Hinata if things had gone sourly.

As far as Sasuke's techinques, we still don't know what EMS does for his techniques as far as cost and such, so I'll reserve judgment until later.
    Avoiding debates with people below a certain level of English comp.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While its true Naruto could only use the FRS twice before falling out of Sage Mode, there was nothing preventing him from simply going right back into Sage Mode and starting the cycle over again. And the whole "Kyuubi draining his chakra" thing is moot, since it never actually became an issue and nothing ever actually came of it.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's my point exactly. Naruto has "theoretical" downsides to his powers that he NEVER has to experience because by his next fight he's been given easy out that prevents him from ever coming to terms with that weakness. Examples?

Quote Quote:
    Just to play devil's advocate here, until he got Kyuubi Mode, Naruto could only use FRS twice before draining his Sage chakra, which USED to have its own limitations as far as him gathering it, lol

Yeah, and activating Sage Mode again is a matter of sitting still again (for what... 5 seconds? 6?) while 1000 copies of himself (or a giant summon) holds back the opponent. That's some real balance right there.

Quote Quote:
    And until the Kyuubi decided not to drain his chakra, Naruto fighting with his usual style in KM would have killed him fairly quickly.

Yet he never once had to deal with this weakness. When his chakra went low, inorder to show that there actually WAS a danger of dying from chakra loss, they could've had him pass out, with someone coming by to incapacitate the Kyuubi so that he'd stop absorbing his chakra and killing him. But no, heaven forbid Naruto pay a price for his strength. I might actually respect his ass then. Instead he runs low and then... gets more chakra. That was the big drawback of spamming the Kyuubi: getting more chakra. I wish my wallet had the same physics as Naruto's luck.

Quote Quote:
    As far as the chakra shroud, he does gain great power and durability, but the price is indiscriminate destruction, which could've killed Kakashi, Sakura, and Hinata if things had gone sourly.

I'll give you that since it happened with Jiraiya and with Sakura, but since that's been taken care of aswell, it doesn't really negate anything I've said.

Quote Quote:
    As far as Sasuke's techinques, we still don't know what EMS does for his techniques as far as cost and such, so I'll reserve judgment until later.

And I'll treat the EMS as the regular MS without blindness (and one unforseen power) until Kishimoto gives us reason to believe otherwise. Though I'll be honest with you: I'm fairly positive we're not gonna hear a manga character state "Wow, the EMS makes my Mangekyou cost far less chakra to use it's jutsu than before!" I seriously doubt it.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast