Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 91 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2004

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

  1. #1351
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    I don't think that's the case, since Naruto knows Kakashi can't produce as many shadow clones, expecially after being said that he has, without Kyuubi, 4x Kakashi's chakra capacity.
    See? KB probably consumes chakra just by existing, and the flow of information back would fry someone's brain.
    A single KB from a normal ninja imho could exist, at best, for what, 30 seconds? 1 minute?
    Still pretty poor imho.
    Let's not forget that Naruto, at 13, could mantain 4 henged KB for an entire night even without Kyuubi's chakra ( in the forest of Death against those Rain fodders )
    I doubt Naruto knew that, considering this is Naruto we're talking about. He's not exactly good at putting two and two together.

    I doubt a clone continues to consume chakra after creation, as that is something that likely would have been mentioned. Nor any sort of time limit, which would seem to go against the tactic of using them as expendable spies if they couldn't last long enough to gather anything useful. And considering we've seen Itachi and Sarutobi have a clone run around for some time, not being able to use them at full potential is pretty much as a partner in battle, which fits with the whole usage as a spy issue.

  2. #1352
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=558309147518848 here you can see kishimoto drawing naruto and sasuke,those who like art will like viewing it

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #1353
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    How did he?

    I meant as in, I'm not saying what I said about Obito and Kakashi's Mangekyo out of bias, but out of what I observed. Despite what you think, I don't let bias come into play, at least not since I voted that Jiraiya would beat Kakuzu.

    Funnily, Obito's face made me think he was a horrible character. Just screamed like a whiny idiot to me. <_<

    But yeah, I'm a fan of Kakashi, and do dislike Tobi for what he did to Minato, Naruto, and Kushina.

    It can be said that Sasuke contributed to Itachi's death. However, he didn't actually kill him. And despite that, it took a while after the battle had actually finished for Sasuke to unlock the Mangekyo. the sorrow and regret he felt from the experience itself, and the past is what did it for him. So within the same vein, it isn't at all unreasonable, as a matter fact it's obvious, that the mere sight of Rin dying at the hands of Kakashi is what unlocked the Mangekyo for him.

    Not saying that you were at all wrong for thinking the way that you did. However, I was just pointing out that Sasuke showed us Itachi's words weren't entirely true. In that, it wasn't the only way to go to unlock the Mangekyo.

  5. #1354
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    A lot of what Itachi said weren't true or had complete information. Sasuke still had a hand in Itachi's death, and he was the last one Itachi fought. He learned that Itachi loved him, but he couldn't protect him up close. I don't think Obito felt like he betrayed Rin... though it could take betrayal, as he did feel Kakashi betrayed him/Rin. Sasuke could have felt he betrayed Itachi.

  6. #1355
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    A lot of what Itachi said weren't true or had complete information. Sasuke still had a hand in Itachi's death, and he was the last one Itachi fought. He learned that Itachi loved him, but he couldn't protect him up close. I don't think Obito felt like he betrayed Rin... though it could take betrayal, as he did feel Kakashi betrayed him/Rin. Sasuke could have felt he betrayed Itachi.
    Yes, but you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    But the way Mangekyo was said to be unlocked, I'd naturally assume it was Kakashi who unlocked it.
    Which is why you did not believe that Obito unlocked the Mangekyo for himself. However, Sasuke demonstrated, which was more or less confirmed by Obito, that it is the trauma, regret, despair, and/or sorrow felt from such events that unlocks the Mangekyo, not the actual act of murder itself.

  7. #1356
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Oh. I don't remember why I said that. :x

    I probably meant that the way Mangekyo was said/shown to be unlocked - you just described the ways - only Kakashi could have unlocked it. Obito didn't show or shouldn't have shown regret, as if he killed Rin. I'm guessing one Mangekyo unlocking automatically unlocks the other Mangekyo, especially since both Mangekyo unlocked at the same time.

    Or Obito could have somehow unlocked his first, resulting in Kakashi's eye being unlocked. SO MYSTERIOUS

  8. #1357
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    I think it's quite simply. Both Kakashi and Obito unlocked their Mangekyous simultaneously. Kakashi killed Rin, and Obito saw Rin being killed through his eyes, as if he did it himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  9. #1358
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    People belittle him because its a stupid reason. Tobi was said by Kakashi to be the epitome of evil. He was supposed to be the real deal. Nagato was supposed to be a scrub compared to Tobi. Kakashi said something like "Tobi and Nagato are completely different. Don't try to reason with him. Nagato was manipulated by the darkness whereas Tobi is Darkness". Tobi was built up to be such a bad ass only to find out his reasoning for becoming evil was the same as nagato's....Except Nagato's made more sense. Nagato saw his parents die in front of him, he was poor and lived in a war torn country, and finally he killed his own best friend. Thats what i call a fucked up life. Until Obito was crushed by the bolders his biggest problems were getting his ass beat by Gai and Rin not liking him. And now we know that Obito is nothing more than Madara's bitch, his character is completely ruined. There are many reasons why he is belittled and IMHO it is completely justified. If we weren't able to laugh off the pain and joke about it we would probably go crazy lol. At least this way we don't feel the urge to take over the world over something so small.
    I'm not saying that he can't be belittled. The reasoning for his ultimate goal is a bit ridiculous as I've said before. However, the oversimplification is what I don't agree with. Sure, it sounds better to just say "a girl that he liked died, so he wants to take over the world." But in reality, that's not the entire story. Of course it's easier for people to oversimplify circumstances or information in regard to a character, POV, or anything they don't agree with in order to discredit or take away from, whatever it is they don't agree with. However, that seems along the same lines as Fox News and MSNBC.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; November 23, 2012 at 03:54 AM.

  10. #1359
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,774
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    I'm not saying that he can't be belittled. The reasoning for his ultimate goal is a bit ridiculous as I've said before. However, the oversimplification is what I don't agree with. Sure, it sounds better to just say "a girl that he liked died, so he wants to take over the world." But in reality, that's not the entire story. Of course it's easier for people to oversimplify circumstances or information in regard to a character, POV, or anything they don't agree with in order to discredit or take away from, whatever it is they don't agree with. However, that seems along the same lines as Fox News and MSNBC.
    Honestly, there is no other way to put Tobis motivation into a simpler form. He wants to put everyone in a Genjutsu simply because Rin died. His broken body never seemed to bother him, the loss of his eye etc never even phased him or made him want to take revenge, heck he didnt even mention the other nins who attacked as far as i remember.

    Ofcourse it was a traumatic moment and im not surprised he snapped but thinking about it long and hard makes you wonder if he always had the kind of thoughts he has now. Going from loving to psychopath in a matter of minutes is no ordinary change.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  11. #1360
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    It makes one wonder whether he'd go this crazy if Kakashi died. As far as I'm trying to convince myself, Obito went batshit crazy because his best friend or ally betrayed not only another ally, but someone he loved. Obito did keep pointing out Kakashi's hand in Rin's death. Though that doesn't change my opinion that it's a shitty reason for him to turn evil. Even after seeing or knowing how Kakashi felt, he still chose to be evil instead of thinking about what RIn wanted, like how Sasuke decided to get revenge despite Itachi's wishes, until he finally talked to ET Itachi.

    It could also feel like Kishi's setting up Obito's turn. We find out why Kakashi killed Rin, and Tobi likely turns good after realizing what happened. Or he finds out that Madara was the reason that Rin died. Sasuke turning evil, or Naruto turning evil is justified. Tobi turning evil is not entirely justified. I'd mention Nagato too, but that's a point of view thing. He may not have been evil, considering his plan was to establish peace. He just had a different way of doing it.

  12. #1361
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Honestly, there is no other way to put Tobis motivation into a simpler form. He wants to put everyone in a Genjutsu simply because Rin died. His broken body never seemed to bother him, the loss of his eye etc never even phased him or made him want to take revenge, heck he didnt even mention the other nins who attacked as far as i remember.

    Ofcourse it was a traumatic moment and im not surprised he snapped but thinking about it long and hard makes you wonder if he always had the kind of thoughts he has now. Going from loving to psychopath in a matter of minutes is no ordinary change.

    That's my point, it wasn't just the fact that Rin died. However it's easy to simplify it like that to belittle him. Plus, the crap fed to him by Madara didn't help all that much. It gave him a way out, a reset button. Kakashi still being alive or having that eyeball is the only thing that I agree with you on. Apathy only goes so far. It's obvious that it was done more for balancing issues rather than making actually sense within the story itself.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; November 23, 2012 at 02:42 PM.

  13. #1362
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,055
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    In the world of Shinobi, there's always going to be people dying all around the globe and in those deaths, someone will never find any sort of meaning if they lost their beloved ones. That's what Nagato was talking about and to be honest, he was right to an extent, a fact that was also accepted by Naruto.
    Rin dies and Obito, who was an ambitious, yet a nice kid turns into evil. Kakashi lost his father around the same age, or when he was even younger than Obito was at that point and he didn't let hatred fill his heart.
    Yes, it's true that seeing someone you love die in front of your eyes is painful, but his pain is nowhere near being as severe as what Nagato went through.
    For Obito, it was Rin. For Nagato, it was his parents, his best friend (someone who he refers to as his dream) and countless comrades.

    Please, don't give me that "I'm nobody. I don't want to be anybody" thing.
    If he really meant that, he'd just go and live in an isolated place like Madara did and die on his own. But clearly, he has an evil ambition and someone who has an ambition cannot refer to himself as nobody.
    His ambitious project, Tsuki no Me will rob every single person of their right of living.
    It's true that in the world of Shinobi, deaths are trash. But deciding on behalf of everyone and taking away their chance to live all by yourself is even worse than trash.
    And Obito is schooled by his own words.

    All in all, there is no justification of his actions. He shouldn't make a final move the way Nagato did. He should die a miserable death in Kakashi's hands.
    He deserved that much.

    ---------- Post added November 25, 2012 at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was November 24, 2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

    I have a question I cannot come up with an answer to and don't want to open a new thread for it, so, instead, I'm asking it here.
    Obito somehow met Nagato as a kid (or baby) and gave the Rinnegan to him. Then, seeing his parents' death in front of his eyes, Nagato awakened the Rinnegan in that moment of despair and sorrow.
    Once Rinnegan is activated, there is no such thing as deactivating a Rinnegan, as far as I know.

    So, Madara had awakened the Rinnegan just before his death and his eyes were ithe ones mplanted in Nagato, so, weren't those eyes already awakened?
    When Rin transplanted Obito's activated Sharingan to Kakashi, it was also active for Kakashi and in fact, it remained so, as Kakashi had no way of deactivating it, unlike an Uchiha.
    If I assume that the same process would apply with the Rinnegan, shouldn't be true that Nagato always had the Rinnegan awakened, even at the beginning?
    How come that eyes were deactivated in the beginning, that I don't really understand.

    Feel free to refute my arguments with or without reference.
    Indeed, I may be missing something very obvious

  14. #1363
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Nagato's hair always covered his eyes, so it's very possible he always had the Rinnegan active and it was just not visible to others til he moved his hair.

  15. #1364
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    In the world of Shinobi, there's always going to be people dying all around the globe and in those deaths, someone will never find any sort of meaning if they lost their beloved ones. That's what Nagato was talking about and to be honest, he was right to an extent, a fact that was also accepted by Naruto.
    Rin dies and Obito, who was an ambitious, yet a nice kid turns into evil. Kakashi lost his father around the same age, or when he was even younger than Obito was at that point and he didn't let hatred fill his heart.
    Yes, it's true that seeing someone you love die in front of your eyes is painful, but his pain is nowhere near being as severe as what Nagato went through.
    For Obito, it was Rin. For Nagato, it was his parents, his best friend (someone who he refers to as his dream) and countless comrades.

    Please, don't give me that "I'm nobody. I don't want to be anybody" thing.
    If he really meant that, he'd just go and live in an isolated place like Madara did and die on his own. But clearly, he has an evil ambition and someone who has an ambition cannot refer to himself as nobody.
    His ambitious project, Tsuki no Me will rob every single person of their right of living.
    It's true that in the world of Shinobi, deaths are trash. But deciding on behalf of everyone and taking away their chance to live all by yourself is even worse than trash.
    And Obito is schooled by his own words.

    All in all, there is no justification of his actions. He shouldn't make a final move the way Nagato did. He should die a miserable death in Kakashi's hands.
    He deserved that much.

    People keep treating it as though it is only Rin's death that lead Obito to insanity and his current path. It isn't just that. You don't think that it was a combination of that and seeing the person that he sacrificed his life for, and gave his eye to, be the one to kill her? Because before that moment, he did say this. Of course, this doesn't at all justify his end goal. However, that's not what I'm trying to do. It's like people forget that Kakashi was the one to plunge his arm through Rin's Torso. Even if we are given hints that there was a reason for it, Obito going insane and seeing a reset button in the form of Madara's plan isn't going to give two shits.

    Yes, the end goal is very extreme. And the amount of shit that he has put people through for that is, in most peoples opinions, unforgivable. However, it isn't just Rin that drove him to this.

  16. #1365
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    927
    Post Thanks / Like

    Narutotheory's Chapter 611 Review: "Arrived"

    This right here pretty much sums up Chapter 611 without spoiling it, and how Uchihas view the world.


Thread Closed
Page 91 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts