Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 354 Discussion/355 Prediction Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TheAwesomeOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 354 Discussion/355 Prediction Thread

It definitely looks like he has liquid coming out in that panel. Reika's looks normal but I see what you mean about it probably just being a product of the suit. I am probably just looking to much into it.

EDIT: Hey what ever happened to that one cowardly guy that was crying his eyes out when they took out the bone monsters? We haven't seen him since chapter 350. Also I wonder if that huge mutant giant is ever gonna come back into play.

Come to think of it how did they get rid of the balls of light? They were killing the mantis aliens and dodging then the bone guys showed up and we didn't see them anymore. These guys also went MIA. Or did they explode into light too?
    http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/344/5
    Last edited by TheAwesomeOne; December 23, 2011 at 03:35 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well time for kurono to prove his badassery. I was very dissapointed that Kei was left out of every badass scene in this new supergroup so far.

When fighting the 2 headed alien, his gun simply pisses about.
    When glasses gets infected, he whimpers about like a girl.
    When they meet the invincible aliens, he looks confused and scared while two swords actually does something.
    When they're killing the aliens,nearly everyone singlehandedly take out the monsters (in style I might add) and Kei is just merely sharing a scene with Katou double teaming one alien.

Im sorry but this is THE KURONO, this is the (no2) badass we saw in the temple mission? He should kill this thing, and then proceed to single handedly rescue the team when they themselves face a boss enemy.

Also I dont think Kurono's loss of cool is due to Tae. I mean one of his crowing moments recently was when he was jumping on the buildings to try and get to the cageship thingy-majing to rescue Tae.
    Last edited by radicalhit; December 23, 2011 at 04:45 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear god! I surely pity that fat slob! " I get to go on the alien ship soon!" God clean your damn room.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What is Kei2 even thinking? Guns didn't work on the others, why would it work on this one?

Chances are he will survive, but as part of the new alien.
    Last edited by Judau Ashta; December 23, 2011 at 06:05 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/66261/g...4_by_utopia/10

It's not leaking, just details of the suit. Reika has the same.
    It's easy to tell because the scan is so awesome

I looked at my hard copy and it's definitely just the seam of his suit.

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

You know when Kurono said "everyone on my mark, we'll shoot him at once" That gave me the budda mission feeling lol. People comparing the kei's??? They are at the same level, it's just Kei1 was forced into more single fights at the start of all this and started to read how the giants work. Kei2 charged right in between big buildings and fought 16 lol.
    They both are at the level of end of Italy mission.
    Alot have plot armor on now because of the injuries will not be healed anymore.

I think this alien will show a awesome fight and he'll talk to Kurono2 and tell him a few things, mainly on the giants, why there is alot of aliens all placed in this area and the whole aliens invading earth because they have no where in space to go lol.
    The alien said "Ah" so when its face opened up I thought yeah it's going to talk and have powers like Nurai.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Draculoid's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Most excited about the new alien. Looks like it's about ready to spout some more nonsensical philosphy and put up a decent fight. Very trippy indeed.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mary and Kaze share a few pages and the shippers are already at it. lol

I like that Kei2's defining himself as more than just a copy, but I was debating if splitting up was the best choice.
    I guess the idea is if shooting it right off the bat works he can easily catch up with the others, if it doesn't, he'll be able to buy the group some time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

He does have a point, knowing what we know about the aliens. Remember the Shorty alien? Followed him all the way to school and slaughtered his whole class the next day (except Izumi, who somehow fought him off with a chair and escaped into the night). Can't underestimate these guys.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

The new alien looks weird to me... it's just floating near the ceiling? It's like Oku drew the alien somewhere else and then copy/pasted it here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^Yeah CGI in manga is bloody silly. Izumi was put in hospital the chair ended up protecting from fatal damage.

@York the last page says 'one on one, now he's got the advantage' and by 'he' its refered to Kei. Because Kei has the his best performances when everyone is out of the way and he is in the zone (zone as mood not zone as area).
    So now that everyone is out of the way he can go nuts.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

From a story perspective, I guess having Kei going all out makes sense because he's a "spare" anyways. So even if he bites the dust it won't matter too much because Shin Kei is still out there punching airships.

I am counting on the other team members returning towards the climax of this particular battle. Reika would be the most sensible candidate for that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Over analyzing how kei 2 is fighting right now isn't going to lead you to any better understanding of the situation.

Key 2 isnt retarded. He knows the monsters weakness. But he cant start a grand fight with 2 pages left.

So he screamed and shot his weapon a couple of times.

And the monster going "ah" was probably along the lines of

"I was sleeping on the ceiling and I just noticed you were here"

Really wish Oku would stop with all this CG bullshit. It looks awful most of the times.

When you see the bone aliens face drawn when its in a gant'z members hand. it looks so much better than what it did as CG

What I find so interesting about Kei's character is that although he is the main character. He's helpful in other ways besides just killing bosses.

Its Kei's command and presence that allows everyone to shine.

Its his undying will to survive that inspires others around him to step into the light and not just rely on him. Its why the old man loved him so much.

When it was the dinosaur mission, sure kurono took out the boss, but it was his presence and leader ship that allowed so many people to survive.

It may come off that he's just crying while someone else is killing a monster. but he's not crying, he giving others hope.

Its actually more rare for kurono to single handily take someone out, than without his teammates.

Or would you rather this manga go the route of every other fucking stock manga out there, and have the cool side characters that you love more than the main character die out, so the main character can single handedly handle everything

Like naturo and DBZ.

To be honest, Im quite shocked that the gantz members still have the same fucking suits that they used from day one. I know theres the upgraded suit, but that thing is leaps and bounds beyond a regular suit. And still didnt matter if the user didnt know how to use it properly , like when we saw the upgraded suits get destroyed by the bone aliens.

God I love this manga
    Last edited by kliff2004; December 24, 2011 at 10:41 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member mote's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    Anybody else notice that Kaiji 's suit is leaking here on the bottom right panel? I hope that isn't foreshadowing anything.
    http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/354/10
    Heh. It looks like goop leaking out of Kaiji's suit, but it's just the little mangareader logo that got stamped in a bad spot. You can see it more clearly at the top of this page: http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/354/14

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i find it funny that the remaining civilians are now so willing to stay with the Ganzters. when not just a few moments ago, they wanted to leave the Gantzers. guess it takes a big blood bathes of your friends, family, and strangers getting mutated and killed right in front of them to bring them to reason.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playerdude View Post
    i find it funny that the remaining civilians are now so willing to stay with the Ganzters. when not just a few moments ago, they wanted to leave the Gantzers. guess it takes a big blood bathes of your friends, family, and strangers getting mutated and killed right in front of them to bring them to reason.
    Happens every mission. Everyone heads for home and get their heads blown off before they're ready to listen.

Also here is my point about Kei being left out of the badass group in the supergroup.
    http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/354/6

Everyone who are exceptional is here (not sure about the blonde guy), except for Kei. Is he perhaps not as strong as we thought?

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast