Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 64

Thread: Ancient Weapons Predictions and Theories

  1. #16
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ancient Weapons Predictions and Theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I do expect everyone with the "will of D" to unite behind the Pirate King in the final battle Whitebeard predicted, it makes to much sense not to happen. I don't think that is what Whitebeard was referring to though. He was referring to the fact that Blackbeard is a "D." (William D. Teach) but did not inherit the will of D. He was initially interested in the will of D. because of Teach, referring to him when he asked Roger to tell him the secret.

    I'm not certain the world government has an ancient weapon, there is little evidence to suggest so. Nor do I think they have anyone who can read the ancient letters. The ancient kingdom seems to be an anathema, the government seems intent on erasing any knowledge of it's people and technology. There is little evidence right now to make me think they wish to be able to preserve the history internally or use the ancient weapons themselves. Instead they seem intent on killing anyone with any connection to the weapons, even elderly archaeologists and little girls. I have little doubt that had they feared White Beard enough to use an ancient weapon rather than Pacifista, were they to have something such as Uranus. We already know that they do not have Pluton, as the plans were destroyed, and we also know they do not know of Poseidon right now.
    Can't argue with the bold part, since it's only logical : )
    But I can definitely argue with the underlined part, as I said in my earlier post, you cannot hide something you do not know and knowing how politics works in the real world (You can certainly apply it in One Piece world) I'm sure they have someone who can read them or Doc Vegapunk created something that can actually decipher the PhoneGlyphs (Of course with the help of someone that knows the ancient language - Just a crazy theory though ^_^ ) ... Just think about it, knowing there are 3 ancient weapons who could wrestle kick their a@@es, do you think they would just lay back and wait for someone to find them??? or find the true about the void Century, just like Roger did??? I don't think so.


    Now about BlackBeard and the will of the D, that's exactly what I was trying to say, I know it didn't sound like that but believe me when I tell you that that what I was trying to say And I don't think WhiteBeard was intertested in the "will of D" only because Teach has it, he said that during his travels he met some very interresting people with the D in their names and wanted to know the secret behind that D and what makes them so special.

    Till now we have no clue about what is the D nor what it represents, also and correct me if i'm wrong we have never seen two "Ds" together for a long period of time, except for Little Ace&Luffy and Ace&Teach but since Teach doesn't count For what you (He didn't inherit the will) and WhiteBeard ("You are not one of them", referring to BlackBeard) said, we don't know if having two or more Ds together would make any difference.

    Nonetheless, now that I think of it, since we don't know what is the D we can't say for sure that BlackBeard doesn't have it I mean what WhiteBeard was trying to say by you are not one of them, is that Teach lacks something very important the other "Ds" have.
    Last edited by Black Lagoon; December 26, 2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Forgot the underlined part :p

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  2. #17
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,094
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ancient Weapons Predictions and Theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    Can't argue with the bold part, since it's only logical : )
    But I can definitely argue with the underlined part, as I said in my earlier post, you cannot hide something you do not know and knowing how politics works in the real world (You can certainly apply it in One Piece world) I'm sure they have someone who can read them or Doc Vegapunk created something that can actually decipher the PhoneGlyphs (Of course with the help of someone that knows the ancient language - Just a crazy theory though ^_^ ) ... Just think about it, knowing there are 3 ancient weapons who could wrestle kick their a@@es, do you think they would just lay back and wait for someone to find them??? or find the true about the void Century, just like Roger did??? I don't think so.
    I think they are actively looking for the ancient weapons with the intention of destroying or at least preventing anyone else from using them. If they knew Shirahoshi was Poseidon I assume they would issue a Buster Call on Fishman Island and kill Shirahoshi, just as they killed the archaeologists of Ohara. It's been to long since I read Water 7, I can't remember if they ever said what they would do if the plans for Pluton were found. That would be an interesting addition to this conversation, if anyone knew.


    Quote Quote:
    Now about BlackBeard and the will of the D, that's exactly what I was trying to say, I know it didn't sound like that but believe me when I tell you that that what I was trying to say And I don't think WhiteBeard was intertested in the "will of D" only because Teach has it, he said that during his travels he met some very interresting people with the D in their names and wanted to know the secret behind that D and what makes them so special.
    You're definitely right, while he mentioned Teach by name Whitebeard probably was interested in "D." for broader reasons. His goal was to build a family and should any "D." join his crew. And one eventually will, in the person of Ace.

    Quote Quote:
    Till now we have no clue about what is the D nor what it represents, also and correct me if i'm wrong we have never seen two "Ds" together for a long period of time, except for Little Ace&Luffy and Ace&Teach but since Teach doesn't count For what you (He didn't inherit the will) and WhiteBeard ("You are not one of them", referring to BlackBeard) said, we don't know if having two or more Ds together would make any difference.

    Nonetheless, now that I think of it, since we don't know what is the D we can't say for sure that BlackBeard doesn't have it I mean what WhiteBeard was trying to say by you are not one of them, is that Teach lacks something very important the other "Ds" have.
    We definitely don't know the origin of D. but we know what it represents: people like Roger, Garp, Dragon, Ace, and Luffy. Free spirited, honorable, kind, individualistic dreamers who don't want to hear no from anyone. The type of people willing to stand up for what they believe in and put friends first. There are secrets to D., their origin, why some inherit the will but not others. But we have a good idea what type of people they are, based on the prominent D.'s already introduced.

    The only other D.'s I can think of who could have spend a long time together are Garp and Dragon, father and son.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #18
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ancient Weapons Predictions and Theories

    Indeed, you are absolutely right ... And I would love to see how they manage to get the call buster to the ocean floor (well they might have an army of submarines).

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  5. #19
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    5
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ancient Weapons Predictions and Theories

    I'm sorry if someone else already refered to this,but isnt it very likely that Blackbeard himself is Uranus? I read that Uranus imprisioned his own children because he didnt like them, wich could be compared to Blackbeard trapping abilities inside his own "special body". That speciality could very well be one of the ancient weapons, it's power can destroy the world, since you can gather lots of powerful fruits, the comparison can be made to the mythological being and Blackbeard seems to be evil, wich can also be related to Uranus, considering doing that to your children can't exactly be considered heavenly.

    sry for the crappy english

  6. #20
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Acient Weapons

    I haven’t found a thread about this matter, so I’ll start a new one. If the any moderator find one that fits the matter, please, remove the posts for this thread.

    First, I transcribe what is written in the One Piece Wikia:

    Spoiler show


    We know that Pluton is a ship by its blueprints. Now we know that Shirahoshi is Neptune. The only one that we don’t know yet is Uranus.

    In the chapter 0, Shiki said that Gol D. Roger had one of the ancient weapons. I don’t see the Oro Jackson been Pluton, and Shirahoshi hadn’t born by that time. So there is just one Ancient Weapon left, Uranus.

    I heard some members saying that Uranus would be in hand o World Government, but know I really don’t see it coming true, because if the WW had this great power there is no need of other force to balance the power with the pirates.

    I think that Roger may left the weapon or knowledge about it in the last island Raftel. As we can see, the weapon can be an object, a live creature. There’s space to it be information (maybe could be related to the Will of D) or be a Devil Fruit, a mighty one.

    What do you think about it?
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

  7. #21
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acient Weapons

    Shiki said that Roger had infos about the weapons, he never had one.

  8. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acient Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Shiki said that Roger had infos about the weapons, he never had one.
    Well, read this:

    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi.../c565.5/4.html

    Shiki knows that Gol D. Roger knows where it is. If we consider that almost no one knows what the weapons are and where find them, well, it's very like Roger had one because he knows where it is and what it is. The one who have Pluton's blueprites have it, the one who has influence on Shikahoshi has Neptune. Does it make sense to you know?
    Last edited by Sakazuki; January 03, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

  9. #23
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acient Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    Well, read this:

    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi.../c565.5/4.html

    Shiki knows that Gol D. Roger knows where it is. If we consider that almost no one knows what the weapons are and where find them, well, it's very like to have the weapons. The one who have Pluton's blueprites have it, the one who has influence on Shikahoshi has Neptune. Does it make sense to you know?
    As I said, knowing the locations and infos about the weapons doesn't mean that you HAVE them as you mentioned in your post by saying " he had one of the weapons ".

  10. #24
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acient Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    As I said, knowing the locations and infos about the weapons doesn't mean that you HAVE them as you mentioned in your post by saying " he had one of the weapons ".
    I edited my post, maybe it's more clear now. But I didn't get your point. Could you clarify it to me, please?
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

  11. #25
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acient Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    I edited my post, maybe it's more clear now. But I didn't get your point. Could you clarify it to me, please?
    Roger knew about the 3 weaps no doubt about it, but did he use one of them, or " had one of them " under his thumb ? Impossible, that would be unlike Roger, and also the WG would have got his hands on it if Roger was using it.

  12. #26
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acient Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Roger knew about the 3 weaps no doubt about it, but did he use one of them, or " had one of them " under his thumb ? Impossible, that would be unlike Roger, and also the WG would have got his hands on it if Roger was using it.
    In the mangafox translation, Shiki says one weapon. Roger could know all the three of them because he knew about the Blank Century, but he surely he couldn’t have access to Neptune and I doubt about that he had the blueprints of Pluton, so I say that Uranus is the weapon that Roger had.

    How can we say that it’s unlike of Roger? We don’t know this much about him yet, and what would be the problem of him have one Ancient Weapon? For me, the weapon is in Raftel to hide it from the WW and evil ones.
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

  13. #27
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acient Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    In the mangafox translation, Shiki says one weapon. Roger could know all the three of them because he knew about the Blank Century, but he surely he couldn’t have access to Neptune and I doubt about that he had the blueprints of Pluton, so I say that Uranus is the weapon that Roger had.

    How can we say that it’s unlike of Roger? We don’t know this much about him yet, and what would be the problem of him have one Ancient Weapon? For me, the weapon is in Raftel to hide it from the WW and evil ones.
    " You know the location of the weapon that destroys the world "
    " You know the location of the "world-destroying weapon " By cnet

    Does it say " You have the weapon and use it ? "
    Nope.

    And this is a supposition, but I doubt Shiki knew about the three weapons in detail.

    And yes it is unlike Roger, you think the guy who became PK, and who is a copy of Luffy would resort to using a weapon known for being able to destroy the world ? He ain't a BB or a Shiki to do that. And what would be the point ?
    He became PK thanks to his true strenght and nakama, not some weapon.

    Also Neptune is the name of the father of Shirahoshi, the name of the weap is Poseidon.
    Last edited by Zehahaha; January 03, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

  14. #28
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acient Weapons

    In one thread, you say that you’re guided by logic. I have argued that logic isn’t the best guide in Literature because there is sometimes an unexpected revelation, loose parts, etc. We don’t have to agree about this.
    But at the same time that you’re guided by logic, you say that presume some parts by what you have understood (your logic) and demands this as canonical. You said to me one time that to consider as true what the manga showed, the sbs and others declarations of Oda. But guess what? Your opinion isn’t the same as Oda, and isn’t canonical either. You demand proves from the others, but yourself don’t show any of it? You’re just one hypocrite that has to disagree with every opinion.
    As I said, almost no one knows what an Ancient Weapon is, where find it. If you know these two things is almost sure (at least as I interpret this) that you have it. I’m not saying that Roger became PK because he had it; I’m just saying that the weapon is Uranus and that it’s in Raftel, or at least, information about it will be in that island.
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

  15. #29
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acient Weapons

    Unexpected events : Ace being Roger son, Shirahoshi turning out to be a an ancient weap.
    These are the types of event that Oda make unexpected.

    And yes, I consider the manga being the ultimate source, and SBS too. And anyone who read the manga thoroughly can see that there's a logic behind Oda's story and he makes it consistent and not " fuzzy " unlike some mangas. One simple example : BB.

    There was this theory running around that BB ate the Cerberus devil fruit, and because of the three scars he left to Shanks, and BB pirate's flag, people began to believe that he ate that. I was never convinced by such an half assed theory because it is not logical and extremely too far fetched, one reason for that : Marco never mentioned BB having that kind of DF, if he had it, WB's crew would have knew about it, instead said that BB's body is " special ". Oda then at FI, showed BB having a weapon and that what caused the scars in Shank's eyes. It is more logical and makes more sense than that Cerberus DF fruit.

    Dealing about this Roger and weapon, my source about all my " assumptions " : Manga. Manga has provided enough infos about Roger's personality thanks to Rayleigh/Shanks/WB, and also thanks to Luffy who is shown being really close to Roger's personality. Then I ask you here : A man, who is known for wanting Freedom more than anything else, having adventures, believing in fate, would he want to take a weapon that destroys the world ? Why would he ? He doesn't want to conquer anything, only people who wants to do that or need power to realize whatever " bad " objective he have. Roger's ultimate goal was Freedom, to be free more than anyone else in the world. He never wanted to conquer anything, therefore why would he need that kind of weapon ? Give me one single reason for why.

    Making assumptions out of a single line in that chapter, heck I wouldn't call that assumptions, it seems more like a " fact " established by you in your post, is reading too much in the manga.

    And what Roger left in Raftel is really clear : The real history. It is heavily implied by Robin (in the Skypiea arc, and by Rayleigh himself (in the Shabaody arc), Oda never mentioned through Robin back then that there's some weapons, instead he put an emphasis on the real history. If you think that " One Piece " is merely infos about some weapons, then you and I don't read the same manga for sure.

    And I'm sorry, I'm not hyprocite, and I'll always disagree with far fetched theories built upon nearly nothing, and I'll always disagree with misreading of mangas too. Expect me to see me always respond to such theories
    Last edited by Zehahaha; January 03, 2012 at 03:53 PM.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #30
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acient Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    And yes, I consider the manga being the ultimate source, and SBS too. And anyone who read the manga thoroughly can see that there's a logic behind Oda's story and he makes it consistent and not " fuzzy " unlike some mangas. One simple example : BB.

    (…) Dealing about this Roger and weapon, my source about all my " assumptions " : Manga. Manga has provided enough infos about Roger's personality thanks to Rayleigh/Shanks/WB, and also thanks to Luffy who is shown being really close to Roger's personality. Then I ask you here : A man, who is known for wanting Freedom more than anything else, having adventures, believing in fate, would he want to take a weapon that destroys the world ? Why would he ? He doesn't want to conquer anything, only people who wants to do that or need power to realize whatever " bad " objective he have. Roger's ultimate goal was Freedom, to be free more than anyone else in the world. He never wanted to conquer anything, therefore why would he need that kind of weapon? Give me one single reason for why.

    (…) And what Roger left in Raftel is really clear : The real history. It is heavily implied by Robin (in the Skypiea arc, and by Rayleigh himself (in the Shabaody arc).
    Can you pick any example where I can confirm that Roger believed in fate? And again, you didn’t get my point: I’m saying that know what an Ancient Weapon is and where it is is the closest to have the Ancient Weapon. I’m not saying “Gol D. Roger had an ancient weapon in his pocket”. I’m saying that he knew what it is and where it is, what is for me the closest to have owned one Ancient Weapon by far in One Piece story.

    When I started that thread, the most important topics were: a) That weapon is Uranus and b) that weapon is Raftel.

    Another point: what is the problem if there is any Ancient Weapon in the last island? The Ancient Weapons are directly related to the Void Century, as we know information about them by the poneglyphs , so I repeat myself: what would be the problem? There is no hole in the plot; it’s just you who dislike the idea. I don’t know if it’ll happen, but I know that it doesn’t have any inconsistencies

    I still believe that you are a hyprocite, because you say that the manga is the ultimate source at the same time that you can make assumptions by you logic and not what is canon. You’re not different from the others members and not above them, as you always do when you comment any matter. As, Ngunqua have said in the Big Mom thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by nguqua View Post
    I'm not discrediting your prediction. What I'm discrediting, again and again, is your certainty in your prediction. We don't have to wait on Oda to tell every little detail. That's why we are free to make any predictions as possibilities of what may happen based on what we currently have (you made yours, and I respect that), but to claim it to be the only way how things will turn out is amusingly illogical.
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts