Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Weapons Predictions and Theories

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ancient Weapons Predictions and Theories

We may also overestimate weapons because we dont know much about them, before FI we did t even thought that it might be a living person
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

We have not overestimated anything, the story has been quite specific about how powerful Pluton and Poseidon are. Both have been described in detail and it is has been made clear how powerful they are. We know exactly what Pluton is, where it is located, and what it is capable of. We know what Poseidon is, where she is located, what her powers are, and can readily imagine how that could be relevant to fighting whomever one would like to fight. We can presume that Uranus is something of comparable practical use. We can also assume it is related to the sky as the other two weapons are clearly associated with earth (Pluton) and sea (Poseidon).

I was thinking that Uranus could be related to navigation. Navigation is related to the sky and weather; navigators used the stars to determine location in the days before sonar and GPS.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm....And real power of the weapons is when they are combined in one piece... Ship carried by sea kings who dont need log pose to navigate.. In op world that would b huge advantage
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the weapons have any connection to Roger's treasure. One Piece probably is connected to the Rio Poneglyph and true history. All three weapons will probably be revealed long before Luffy reaches Raftel. After he becomes Pirate King it will only be a matter of collecting them. Personally I think Uranus, the final weapon, will be connected to Vegapunk and Kuma. I have absolutely no evidence to back that up, could be spectacularly wrong, but just have a hunch.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

the fact they are so ancient means that they can't be involved to roger. yet,they are obviously connected to the pogne grieff,but I hope we will see them before reaching raftel.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

We probably will not see Pluton until after, chances are it is hidden back at Alabasta. We have already seen Posodein, and witnessed her power. There is not telling, at this point, whether we will see Uranus before or after Luffy becomes Pirate King. A lot depends on when it is discovered, if it's location is revealed early in the New World they will probably have to come back for it. If they find it late, chances are the Strawhats will bring it to Raftel.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it actually said pluto was at alabasta? I don't think we had confirmation of that but crocodile did seem to believe it was back there. Still, perhaps there will be other ways to see pluto under the scenario it does not currently exist. Even if pluto actually is somewhere, wouldn't it be 800 years old? I don't think it is likely it will be useable however perhaps finding the original one will result in the world government being able to replicated it. Perhaps the key to pluto is still franky though. He saw the blueprints a number of times and he is quite a smart guy. Perhaps he does remember how to build it and vegapunk can use his technology to access that information.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

While not confirmed, it has been strongly implied that Pluton was either located in Alabasta, or in the care of Alabasta. Cobra knew what was written on the Alabasta poneglyph, and knew that Robin lied to Crocodile. He also knew that if she had told him the truth then Crocodile would immediately have seized control of Alabasta. If Pluton were located elsewhere, Corcodile would immediately have lost interest in the country. He came to Alabasta with the goal of recovering Pluton and declaring war on the World Government. If it was not there his business there would be concluded.

That would be a major troll moment if the Strawhats find Pluton but the engine won't start. Between Baroque Works, CP9, and Franky having to leave his family Pluton has caused to much trouble not to work. The only point of the blueprints is that the only thing that could stop Pluton is a second Pluton. By disposing of them Franky ensured that the ancient weapons will be the Pirate Kings trump card.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    We probably will not see Pluton until after, chances are it is hidden back at Alabasta. We have already seen Posodein, and witnessed her power. There is not telling, at this point, whether we will see Uranus before or after Luffy becomes Pirate King. A lot depends on when it is discovered, if it's location is revealed early in the New World they will probably have to come back for it. If they find it late, chances are the Strawhats will bring it to Raftel.
    well,Poseidon may be used in the story if Caribo and his boss kidnap shirahoshi,which is very likely. is pluton at alabasta? I doubt that,since franky had the projects to build it,so it can be built.

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

What i fail to understand is why they existed in the first place.. And how ancients managed to made ship so powerfull without technology?
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

We have no reason to believe "the ancients" did not have advanced technology though. If anything, it would be just the most extreme opposite. Just look at the moon, it is filled with robots which were just waiting there to be recharged. As for why they existed... At least shirahoshi is not a created thing, she is just a person with an inherent genetic ability to talk with the largest sea monkeys around(unless it turns out the original poseidon or fishmen were a freak experiment of sorts). There is not a "reason" for her to exist basically, she just does. Pluto in an entirely different thing though. He could have been made with the purpose of starting war or as a response to other of the weapons. Also, didn't the ohara guy said there used to be an ancient advanced civilization?

Now, another thing I am wondering is why exactly are the ancient weapons unknown to the world government. The one thing we do know for a fact is that there was a war 800 years ago and it was won by the world government. During the war I would assume the sides indeed had the weapons at their disposal. Now, if the losing side had a weapon which was lost to history I would understand however what happened to the weapon which was held by the world government? I mean, the only way imaginable in which there would have been a war in that scenario is that each side at least had a weapon, otherwise one could take out the other. So what we have is the lost kingdom with their weapon, the world government with theirs and perhaps the fishmen independently with their own, a 3 way stalemate.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    well,Poseidon may be used in the story if Caribo and his boss kidnap shirahoshi,which is very likely. is pluton at alabasta? I doubt that,since franky had the projects to build it,so it can be built.
    I also have the same question. I wonder if you can make an exact copy of Pluton as an ancient weapon or not. If it is possible for someone to make a copy, why Crocodile invade Alabasta which is suspected to have the original Pluton, rather than searching for Pluton blueprints (which is easier in my opinion)?

I agree that basically among those three, the "real" weapon (which only has destroying effect) is Pluton.
    Last edited by Doraku; May 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as far as we know crocodile was not aware that pluto plans were just a few islands away in the belly of a cyborg. Even then, assuming he got the blueprints, would he have the means to build it? The resources? The manpower? Crocodile certainly does not have technical knowledge himself so he would need to find someone who did which is not necessarily something easy. At least franky had the know how of how to turn himself into a cyborg with scraps, I don't think just any shipwright could do that. Ultimately, finding the blueprints would not guarantee crocodile the weapon to some extent. Finding the actual thing would be easier in that regard than building one from scratch.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Poseidon is a living giant mermaid rather than an actual weapon.I think the third ancient weapon should be a Immortal human or humanoid unmatched crazy strong character like Evangeline A.K. McDowell in Mahou Sensei Negima.Only he/she would use Haki instead of Magic and will be skilled in every imaginable way. i would very much prefer it to be a male rather than female who lives in his isolated forgotten Ancient country in the new world which has no magnetic field of its own and floating 1000mts-1500mts high in the sky. it's a unseen,undetected,unheard kingdom whose living residents are god like creatures and super high-tech robots like Android 16,17,18 from Dragon Ball Zee.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

So far we've had a ponegylph with information on Pluton in Arabasta, a poneglyph about where to find the poneglyph about Poseidon in Skypiea, and the poneglyph about Poseidon itself in Fishman Island. So may we expect that there's a poneglyph abouth where to find the poneglyph about Uranus in Wano Kuni?

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast