Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who do you think will have their manga animated??

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zombie ☆ Gun

10 55.56%
  • Reversi

8 44.44%
New Reply
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol. 19 (Chapter 161 - 169) Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 166 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Totally agree with FrostyMouse that this sound sooo contrived. I mean seriously, if I found out that my favorite mangaka was dating a seiyuu I like (and voiced a character from his manga), I'd think it was cute. The fans' reactions are really overboard, in my opinion. There might be some extremists out there, but I don't think the numbers would be enough to be significant. Azuki may be a popular seiyuu, but she isn't Kimura Takuya.

Anyway, don't forget that if the Ashirogi-Azuki connection is going to prevent Azuki from getting the role in Reversi, it's going to prevent her from getting any role in an Ashirogi anime adaptation. I'm interested to see how they get around this, since it'd be a "long-term" kind of problem rather than something they can just solve by writing another series.
    I know, Sala. I didn't want to mention that part as it would be something that would need to be overcome, but if it was a big issue, then Mashiro X Azuki could never happen.

I assumed that the issue would be dealt with in the AM protesting arc or whatever. Still, that can easily be 30-40 chapters of craziness. At this rate, Bakuman can easily reach 250 chapters.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like with Eiji and the names a few weeks back this is probably here to just add drama. Yeah this will make it harder for Azuki to get the roll, but it wont stop her from getting it. I expect some sort of compromise where the anime company makes a big to do about Ashirogi Muto not getting a say in the female leads VA and Azuki having to get it on her own (quite impressive) merits. This arc is probably to give us more Azuki, and give her more characterization before the wedding.

Anyway, don't forget that if the Ashirogi-Azuki connection is going to prevent Azuki from getting the role in Reversi, it's going to prevent her from getting any role in an Ashirogi anime adaptation. I'm interested to see how they get around this, since it'd be a "long-term" kind of problem rather than something they can just solve by writing another series.
    If that happens I can see our duo throwing out their name and start a new manga under a new name after Reversi ends (not extendedl). Contrived I know but it would be par for the course
    Last edited by 3oct1111; February 09, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Negative Syndicate

So, is Ishizawa's plan about ruining both Ashirogi and Azuki?

And, are fans really going hate that much for popular seiyuu and mangaka hang out together? If it is a true, then get a life for those fans.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; February 09, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Got curious about VAs this morning.
    Then I found out some news about Hirano, Aya who voiced Amane Misa and Haruhi Suzumiya.

Hirano Aya's Fans Make a Fuss Over Her Ring

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Attila's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sekida View Post
    Got curious about VAs this morning.
    Then I found out some news about Hirano, Aya who voiced Amane Misa and Haruhi Suzumiya.

Hirano Aya's Fans Make a Fuss Over Her Ring
    This chapter really looks like this event...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with FrostyMouse that this sound sooo contrived. I mean seriously, if I found out that my favorite mangaka was dating a seiyuu I like (and voiced a character from his manga), I'd think it was cute. The fans' reactions are really overboard, in my opinion. There might be some extremists out there, but I don't think the numbers would be enough to be significant. Azuki may be a popular seiyuu, but she isn't Kimura Takuya.

I think idols are set up to give the image of being single and therefore available to all that find them captivating, so those that become invested by them through all the products they produce become betrayed by the fact that they are really unavailable. Sadly there are people that will take the extra mile to make their lives hell thinking that they deserve to be the one to be with them rather then whoever they are with. It's not like he hasn't dove into this before we have Takuro Nakai who was smitten by Ko Aoki but his advances are rejected which does throw him into a rampage that was thankfully settled.

Everything though does come down to age, accomplishments in life and their overall personality. With Nakai you have a man with amazing talent for drawing detailed backgrounds in a reasonable amount of time yet he wasn't able to hit it big like Mashiro or Eiji, moreso just being the middle not the worse artist being known for how bad they are, or the best artist for how well their stories are. But an in between that isn't fully appreciated because they aren't on either side of the extreme that gets them noticed. It's not like manga has it where it says "Drawn by Ashiro Backgrounds concepted by Nakai" so it is natural that a person like him could lose his cool over time. With that in mind though it would be nice if perhaps manga actually noted the assistants that helped with the production and quality of the art rather then making it look like it was done by one person lol.

Least then one could be like, oh wow this nakai guy has his name all over the place he must be real talented, now that I look at it I can see it in the backgrounds. Though back on the main topic, something like a crazy otaku definitely isn't out of the picture and that's not to say all otaku's are bad but of course there is an extreme to everything. In America we actually have a weekly show called TMZ that pretty much stalks celebrities and then cracks jokes and some random bull like that. That's the kind of society some nations live in though, when they see celebrities/idols they feel like they are privelaged to know everything about them, almost like they are a "godlike" figure in the sense that they should be pure and untainted by anything sexually including the pure thought of love/marraie/having a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Lots of people think that just because they get paid a good salary they have the right to interrupt their lives but if you look at it like that what makes them different from corporate bigheads that make a bunch of cash, should we not have cameras on them and see how they live with all the money they are given lol. Though mainly what I'm getting at is, the plot in question isn't as contrived as one may think, things like this do happen and in some cases it's worse depending on the person or situation. If they really wanted to make the situation worse you could alter a photo to make it look like they took nude pictures of themselves, attempt to steal their identity and make their lives hell, there are a multitude of ways to go based on the person and situation.

Overall though it's just one of the sad things you have to take in the "glamorous" life of being a celebrity/idol, while the grass may appear greener from the other side and we might think of things like this as illogical and unlikely to happen, things like this do happen. it's prolly a good thing a chapter like this is coming out though cause there are a lot of weird cases coming out that I've just read over that don't speak for the culture as a whole but for the few people that have done it, people who may have that same mind-frame as those should take the time to reflect on themselves and question how they should act towards others.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    I think idols are set up to give the image of being single and therefore available to all that find them captivating, so those that become invested by them through all the products they produce become betrayed by the fact that they are really unavailable. Sadly there are people that will take the extra mile to make their lives hell thinking that they deserve to be the one to be with them rather then whoever they are with. It's not like he hasn't dove into this before we have Takuro Nakai who was smitten by Ko Aoki but his advances are rejected which does throw him into a rampage that was thankfully settled.

Everything though does come down to age, accomplishments in life and their overall personality. With Nakai you have a man with amazing talent for drawing detailed backgrounds in a reasonable amount of time yet he wasn't able to hit it big like Mashiro or Eiji, moreso just being the middle not the worse artist being known for how bad they are, or the best artist for how well their stories are. But an in between that isn't fully appreciated because they aren't on either side of the extreme that gets them noticed. It's not like manga has it where it says "Drawn by Ashiro Backgrounds concepted by Nakai" so it is natural that a person like him could lose his cool over time. With that in mind though it would be nice if perhaps manga actually noted the assistants that helped with the production and quality of the art rather then making it look like it was done by one person lol.

Least then one could be like, oh wow this nakai guy has his name all over the place he must be real talented, now that I look at it I can see it in the backgrounds. Though back on the main topic, something like a crazy otaku definitely isn't out of the picture and that's not to say all otaku's are bad but of course there is an extreme to everything. In America we actually have a weekly show called TMZ that pretty much stalks celebrities and then cracks jokes and some random bull like that. That's the kind of society some nations live in though, when they see celebrities/idols they feel like they are privelaged to know everything about them, almost like they are a "godlike" figure in the sense that they should be pure and untainted by anything sexually including the pure thought of love/marraie/having a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Lots of people think that just because they get paid a good salary they have the right to interrupt their lives but if you look at it like that what makes them different from corporate bigheads that make a bunch of cash, should we not have cameras on them and see how they live with all the money they are given lol. Though mainly what I'm getting at is, the plot in question isn't as contrived as one may think, things like this do happen and in some cases it's worse depending on the person or situation. If they really wanted to make the situation worse you could alter a photo to make it look like they took nude pictures of themselves, attempt to steal their identity and make their lives hell, there are a multitude of ways to go based on the person and situation.

Overall though it's just one of the sad things you have to take in the "glamorous" life of being a celebrity/idol, while the grass may appear greener from the other side and we might think of things like this as illogical and unlikely to happen, things like this do happen. it's prolly a good thing a chapter like this is coming out though cause there are a lot of weird cases coming out that I've just read over that don't speak for the culture as a whole but for the few people that have done it, people who may have that same mind-frame as those should take the time to reflect on themselves and question how they should act towards others.
    :S so true... I now believe Nakai might just be a victim of his circumstances, although still, he shouldn't be such a dick, man up and become a man that deserves to be loved. Anyway, that character is already wasted. This probably will escalate very quickly and those possibilities you mentioned are very possible now. I really hope Mashiro mans up and decides to marry his woman regardless of the anime...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Airget, honestly, that doesn't tell us anything we don't already know, plus we mentioned all of that very concisely already. Yes, we know what the crazy otakus are like, and we've seen the trials and tribulations of Aya Hirano, as an example, but realistically, it's going a bit far. Famous seiyuu get high profile roles, so it's not like this. Ohba hasn't presented Azuki as one of those idols who ends up with the crazy fans for one reason or another, so this seems even more contrived. If you'll recall, Azuki turned down the offer to do a gravure shoot, so it's not like a lot of idols who gain a lot of their crazier fans through that. Now, yes, I'm sure that there are Azuki figures, but this just looks terrible.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    You know, I was more or less expecting an arc like this, and now that it's here, I basically want to say, "Fuck you, Ohba." I mean, yes, it's shounen, so you need battles, but this seems so contrived.
    Quote Quote:
    Totally agree with FrostyMouse that this sound sooo contrived.
    It is contrived and forced. But what I thought was nice were the subtle moments like the chat between Azuki and her management/assistant guy, as well as the stuff Hattori says. What I like most about Ohba's work is how he brings stuff to the table that makes you think (examples being the death notebook, Nanamine's methods, the PCP bank robbery), they're issues that are psychological in a way. The problem is he isn't good at handling them (as seen in the downfall of Nanamine's company), granted he's restrained by the medium limits of it being a manga (and a shounen one at that). This time we're looking from the point of view of what it means to be a celebrity.
    Last edited by Knifeshade; February 09, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
    -

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kazehaya's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter does not like me for anything, absolutely anything, wait 165 chapters to see how they destroy everything they have achieved and azuki Mashiro? ohba what are you doing? aghhhhhhhh, one of the few outlets that I see this problem, the two would give up being mangaka and seiyu or Mashiro to rescue the reputation of his girlfriend, to renounce the relationship with azuki and cartoonist for mutual ashirogi, of course i will not accept azuki, aghhhhhhh I expected a problem like this, but not in these dimensions, no, I do not like, I like this chapter, I hope this has a good ending, but now that the photos revealed jmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ishizawa, I see difficult
    Last edited by kazehaya; February 09, 2012 at 07:59 PM.
    There are no ugly people, but there are unique tastes, GOD BLESS YOU¡¡¡

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Ohba doesn't make this arc any more predictable than it already has been. It's kind of fun to see the characters in hopeless situations. But there's no point to it if nothing happens to them, right? This is probably the beginning of Bakuman's end, so I want to see everything Ashirogi and Azuki worked towards cave in around them. Even if they succeed in the end, I really do want them to suffer. Besides Mashiro getting sick, they haven't suffered that much throughout the series.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok i actually nailed it i knew they couldnt(or more precisely wouldnt) control the seiyu selection process
    i dont wanna brag but i called it 30 chapters ago
    Ive noticed something in ohba's writing:
    When the obvious choice of answer is presented is never resolved that way he never resolves it, he changes the rules
    As somebody suggested the rumor is that ashirogi muto is actually in a relationship with azuki that will probably will affect any other manga they make
    SO to me the key is that Ashirogi is a penname .Perhaps a third person could intersede for them using the ashirogi identity
    And for example if bakuman would reflect every aspect of oba it would suggest that
    Tsugumi Ohba a is someone related to Hiroshi Gamo(Oba suposed real identity and autor of totemo luckyman already famous manga artist)
    so to not create an idea of nepotism he actually got a penname Tsugumi ohba to not be criticized

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member suicune123's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I like where this arc is going. I just hope we are not approaching the end of the manga, Bleach is ending, please not this!!!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suicune123 View Post
    I like where this arc is going. I just hope we are not approaching the end of the manga, Bleach is ending, please not this!!!
    Bakuman has anywhere from 30-150 chapters left. Who knows with Ohba. I mean, this could be the start of a whole new saga of Bakuman that runs for two years. It's doubtful, but who knows.

Bleach has 3-5 years left...

Although, Naruto's probably ending within the year. Reborn is almost certainly ending within the year.

MSN was randomly ended for no apparent reason. It doesn't end until the middle of March, but WSM told everyone that Akamatsu decided to pack it in.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    I hope Ohba doesn't make this arc any more predictable than it already has been. It's kind of fun to see the characters in hopeless situations. But there's no point to it if nothing happens to them, right? This is probably the beginning of Bakuman's end, so I want to see everything Ashirogi and Azuki worked towards cave in around them. Even if they succeed in the end, I really do want them to suffer. Besides Mashiro getting sick, they haven't suffered that much throughout the series.
    what kind of suffer do you want to see, mashiro getting stab by a crazy azuki fans?

New Reply
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast