Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who do you think will have their manga animated??

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zombie ☆ Gun

    10 55.56%
  • Reversi

    8 44.44%
New Reply
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 348

Thread: Bakuman Vol. 19 (Chapter 161 - 169) Discussion

  1. #46
    Global Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member c_k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Bakuman Bakuman 163 Discussion / 164 Predictions

    This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Bakuman~

    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

    Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

    For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

    Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show



    You can discuss the current chapter here and find translations here.


    NJT: "Bullet points are a turn on, just like breasts"

  2. #47
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,849
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions



    Easily my favorite page of the chapter.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #48
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oceans
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    With the two of them talking about having dream after fulfilling a dream sounds as if they're going to get the anime.

  5. #49
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    Things are going way too smoothly, something bad has to happen sooner or later. I was expecting some shocking twist while reading the chapter, something like reversi suddenly falling in the rankings because it just seems suspiciously easy at this point.
    I hope it's Zombie Gun that will be the one to get the anime adaptation, just so this arc takes a bit longer to conclude. Ashirogi's battle with Eiji has to be more difficult !

  6. #50
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Spoiler Thread

    I still think Ririka is going to play a bigger role in time to come. Her appearance in a few more panels this time confirms it, IMO. Now it's just speculation as to the capacity in which she appears.

    My vote would be for Zombie Gun getting the anime, simply because it can't go down this easily - it would be way too rushed. Either way, with anime coming by seasons ie every 3 months, it's not like Jump couldn't just have the other series get an anime the next season. Animation studios are already fighting over them anyway, so that wouldn't be much of a problem, I think. In fact, if it were real-life Jump, I actually think they would launch both anime together just to get and build on all the hype.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    The only fly in the ointment for Ririka getting the heroine role for Reversi is that we were told earlier on that the mangaka could request a certain seiyuu, and unless they magically sign a deal that would prevent them from having Azuki, who has become a star seiyuu seemingly, and there's no reason that they would do that, Azuki would become the seiyuu of their heroine. No way would a minor seiyuu become picked over Azuki, even if they didn't have their own choice.
    There's another reason why Azuki could potentially not be able to be the voice for the female lead in Reversi. And that's if she's already voicing the female lead of another Jump series. This is the reason given in chapter 92 (here) for why Saikou didn't want Azuki to be in +Natural.

    Also, there are real life examples of no-names suddenly getting picked for lead roles - Uchiyama Kouki was pretty much unknown and had barely any minor roles before suddenly getting major roles like Soul Eater in well, Soul Eater, and Banagher in Gundam Unicorn. So, the possibility that Ririka, an unknown seiyuu, could get a major role just like that *is* there, though I guess it's a bit of a stretch.

  7. #51
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    I kind of skipped over the pages where Shujin started comparing manga to real life. It was starting to head down that road of bs that just makes me roll my eyes. It doesn't help that Saiko is all "No, I agree with what the author just wrote completely. How insightful."

    Last week I said I didn't think there would be a love triangle with Ririka, and that she probably just wanted work. Looks like she just wants work. Good for her. There are so many dirty jokes I want to make about performers and auditions but I am pretty sure there are rules on this forum. If they get an anime and start doing auditions I hope Ririka totally blows Azuki out of the water with a super dramatic reading. Our absent heroine is getting super lazy. I base this on nothing other than a desire to see Eiji dramatically enter during the middle of auditions to say whether Mashiro should hire the person who is better for the role or the person who he wants to marry.

  8. #52
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    Someone posted here that Ririka and Nanamine are similiar. It was used for comedical purpose, but that thought is actually correct.

    Ririka is what Nanamine was to Ashirogi. Only that she's fighting Azuki instead. Nanamine was introduced as a new mangaka and eded up becoming Bakuman's main villain and Ashirogi's archenemy. Ririka is introduced as a new voice actress and her constant mentioning of Azuki in the aspect of Saikou's feelings makes it obvious she will fight on both fronts. Saikou's love and the lead role in Reversi.

    I predict there will be an arc dedicated to the Saikou/Azuki/Ririka lovetriangle. That topic just has to show up sooner or later and the fact that Ririka is a voiceactress and has feelings for Saikou gives my theory only more arguements.

    Long story short. Ririka will do the lead role of Nanamine's new manga.

    But not before she fights against Azuki.

  9. #53
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    Alpha, how exactly is Nanamine going to get a series anywhere? Jump won't run him, and if he failed in Jump twice, you really think WSM would be so quick to pick him up? Castoffs are castoffs for a reason.

    ---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I still think Ririka is going to play a bigger role in time to come. Her appearance in a few more panels this time confirms it, IMO. Now it's just speculation as to the capacity in which she appears.

    There's another reason why Azuki could potentially not be able to be the voice for the female lead in Reversi. And that's if she's already voicing the female lead of another Jump series. This is the reason given in chapter 92 (here) for why Saikou didn't want Azuki to be in +Natural.

    Also, there are real life examples of no-names suddenly getting picked for lead roles - Uchiyama Kouki was pretty much unknown and had barely any minor roles before suddenly getting major roles like Soul Eater in well, Soul Eater, and Banagher in Gundam Unicorn. So, the possibility that Ririka, an unknown seiyuu, could get a major role just like that *is* there, though I guess it's a bit of a stretch.
    It just feels too forced, Sala. Yes, I agree that Ririka's continued presence means that we'll see some painful arc with her as a character.

    Azuki isn't voicing the heroine of another Jump series though and given what we saw when Mashiro came and grabbed her away from Iwase in that hilarious scene with Eiji, Azuki wouldn't take the role of a heroine for another Jump series. Azuki's primary focus at the moment appears to be her 30 minute talk show.

    I personally don't consider Soul Eater and Gundam Unicorn to be major roles, but that's beside the point. They're still series that you would expect a major seiyuu to get the role for though. A Jump flagship is significantly bigger than SE or Gundam Unicorn, however.

  10. #54
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Age
    28
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    Quote Quote:
    and her constant mentioning of Azuki in the aspect of Saikou's feelings makes it obvious she will fight on both fronts. Saikou's love and the lead role in Reversi.
    She was only brought up, like, once in the two chapters.... ತ_ತ

    Quote Quote:
    There's another reason why Azuki could potentially not be able to be the voice for the female lead in Reversi. And that's if she's already voicing the female lead of another Jump series. This is the reason given in chapter 92 (here) for why Saikou didn't want Azuki to be in +Natural.
    That's a terrible example. The focus was Mashiro (as well as Takagi and Kaya) didn't like her starring in their rival's anime. It's kinda like a slap to the face in the context of pride. We don't know for sure if seiyus are unable to have multiple main character roles or not, but as of now, the circumstance hasn't come up for Azuki yet anyway.

    Quote Quote:
    Also, Kaya is definitely getting pregnant soon. There's been too much foreshadowing for it to go nowhere.
    That's what everybody said 20+ chapters ago. I think they'll get a kid, but it'll be at the end now.



    I'm going to throw it out there and say they'll both get a role in Reversi's anime when the time comes. Just that Azuki will be the main, and Ririka will be a supporting role. Honestly, in the small screen time she's been given, it's not enough to judge her bigger role in the overall Bakuman world. She's not a female Nanamine because the way she was introduced wasn't...hyped enough to say she's going to be influential. (remember the whole build up Nanamine had, 10-chapter name similar to Ashirogi, style similar to Ashirogi, fan of Ashirogi, these all created a hype which was slowly build upon when we heard of his underlining methods)
    -

  11. #55
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Attila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Hungary
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    Now that you said that, maybe Zombie Gun will get the anime first with Riruka as the lead female. So when Reversi will get its anime with Miho there will be a "seiyuu battle" along with the "AM vs. Eiji battle". :P

  12. #56
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oceans
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    ^ Quite a good assumption, but Ririka only had her debut recently, right? Unless she is extremely talented, I don't think she'll get a role in an anime from a famous manga.

  13. #57
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Alpha, how exactly is Nanamine going to get a series anywhere? Jump won't run him, and if he failed in Jump twice, you really think WSM would be so quick to pick him up? Castoffs are castoffs for a reason.
    I never meant it seriously that Nana will get a new chance in the bakumanverse. What I said is that in the future (which Ohba might or might not show us) I can see Ririka perform in Nanamine's manga.

    ---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    She was only brought up, like, once in the two chapters.... ತ_ತ
    What only means that she will get her own arc later and not at this very point. Ohba can't continue with the ping-pong battle between AM/Eiji forever and he'll have to choose other topics for his story and at such a moment Ririka will reappear. By that time she'll be get more popular and there'll be a valid reason for her to confront Azuki.

    ---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Enn View Post
    ^ Quite a good assumption, but Ririka only had her debut recently, right? Unless she is extremely talented, I don't think she'll get a role in an anime from a famous manga.
    Like I said, she's not "extremely talented" at this moment, but in the future she will be.

  14. #58
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Age
    28
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta
    What only means that she will get her own arc later and not at this very point. Ohba can't continue with the ping-pong battle between AM/Eiji forever and he'll have to choose other topics for his story and at such a moment Ririka will reappear. By that time she'll be get more popular and there'll be a valid reason for her to confront Azuki.
    But you're missing the point...

    " Ririka is introduced as a new voice actress and her constant mentioning of Azuki in the aspect of Saikou's feelings makes it obvious she will fight on both fronts."

    I've highlighted in bold what you were insinuating. And my counter-argument was:

    "She [Azuki] was only brought up, like, once in the two chapters...." (which was here)

    I sort of nullified your argument, generally speaking. So I've no idea why you just carried it on. =/
    -

  15. #59
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    But you're missing the point...

    " Ririka is introduced as a new voice actress and her constant mentioning of Azuki in the aspect of Saikou's feelings makes it obvious she will fight on both fronts."

    I've highlighted in bold what you were insinuating. And my counter-argument was:

    "She [Azuki] was only brought up, like, once in the two chapters...." (which was here)

    I sort of nullified your argument, generally speaking. So I've no idea why you just carried it on. =/
    Well, let me explain why you sort of not nullified my argument, speaking generally or specifically.

    Ririka has appeared a total of 5 times as of now.

    Chapter 161:
    Page 12; Page 13; Page 14; Page 15;

    Chapter 162:
    Page 4;

    Now, let's go through all of those cases. Ririka first apperaed on page 12 of chapter 161. She introduces herself as a "voice actress in training", which is an indirect indication to Azuki. BUT! Yeah, there's no talk of romance so far. It's 0-1 with your team winning.

    Moving onwards. Page 13 of the same chapter. Ririka has a small panel on this page, which shows her looking at Saikou and blushing. Well, I don't know how about you, but for me this is a straight argument that she has feelings for Saikou. But there's still no talk about Azuki. It's a 0-2 for your team.

    Next. Page 14. And we're still at chapter 161. I don't think I even have to say anything. That's just a clean hit. 1-2. My team's making a comeback.

    Page 15. If you'll check out, you'll notice that Ririka gets three panels and all of them are about her talking about Azuki. You understand that? Those are three panels which work for my argument. Speaking in terms of scores, that's a 4-2 with me winning.

    And last, but not least, page 5 on chapter 162. She's talking about the anime (which will feature Azuki one way or another), but she doesn't mentions the romance, so that's another point for you, making the end score look like this.



    4 - 3


    Team Alpha won and this is it. Besides, I couldn't help but feel that the tone of your post wasn't really strictly based only on your sincere desire to point out my mistake (which you believed I did). To me, it seemed more like you were pushing some personal ambitions. I don't think that the chapter discussion thread is the appropriate place for such conversations. If you want to have a talk with me you are free to PM me any time you want.

  16. #60
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Age
    28
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

    Alright, alright, I get it.

    You don't know how to read. =_="

    Quote Quote:
    Ririka is introduced as a new voice actress and her constant mentioning of Azuki in the aspect of Saikou's feelings makes it obvious she will fight on both fronts.
    con·stant/ˈkänstənt/
    Adjective:
    Occurring continuously over a period of time.


    mentioning (Verb)
    Verb:

    Refer to something briefly and without going into detail.
    Make a reference to (someone) as being noteworthy.


    In simpler terms, meaning Ririka bringing up Azuki many times. Which is clearly incorrect. Ririka only brought up Azuki once. I don't know why you find it so difficult to grasp? Whether Ririka is infatuated with Mashiro or not is debatable but your basis revolves around the aforementioned allegation of yours. Which I shot down.

    Quote Quote:
    Ririka has appeared a total of 5 times as of now.
    Um...no, she only appeared twice. Once at the party. And the other was when Takagi was talking about her in the studio. =_="
    -

New Reply
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts