Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Who do you think will have their manga animated??

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zombie ☆ Gun

10 55.56%
  • Reversi

8 44.44%
New Reply
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol. 19 (Chapter 161 - 169) Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 162 Discussion / 163 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    I'm going to throw it out there and say they'll both get a role in Reversi's anime when the time comes. Just that Azuki will be the main, and Ririka will be a supporting role.
    I like this idea, it will sort of create the foundation of rivalry between the two.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    That's a terrible example. The focus was Mashiro (as well as Takagi and Kaya) didn't like her starring in their rival's anime. It's kinda like a slap to the face in the context of pride. We don't know for sure if seiyus are unable to have multiple main character roles or not, but as of now, the circumstance hasn't come up for Azuki yet anyway.
    That's why I said "potentially" If Ohba was desperate enough to stretch the story longer, it's something he *could* use, though I agree it would be quite a stretch if he really did it. Anyway, the way I read it, it seemed like pride was only one factor, and Jump itself didn't like/allow seiyuu to voice major characters in more than one anime at any one time. Which does make some sense as people do relate the voice with the character... But now that I read it again, yes, I agree it's not definite whether or not it's actually allowed, my bad there.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade
    I'm going to throw it out there and say they'll both get a role in Reversi's anime when the time comes. Just that Azuki will be the main, and Ririka will be a supporting role.
    I quite like this prediction, and could really see it happen. It would be interesting to see if Ririka ended up getting more rave reviews for her portrayal of her character than Azuki, despite being the supporting character.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I personally don't consider Soul Eater and Gundam Unicorn to be major roles, but that's beside the point. They're still series that you would expect a major seiyuu to get the role for though. A Jump flagship is significantly bigger than SE or Gundam Unicorn, however.
    Not really. Well maybe for Soul Eater, but IMO Gundam Unicorn is big. Gundam is big, I'd say as big as or bigger than a new Jump flagship. If you look at statistics, Gundam series almost always have very good ratings/viewership. Regardless, as you've already said, Gundam in particular is the kind of series major seiyuu are always in, thus the surprise from some fans that someone like Uchiyama Kouki was chosen for the lead role.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, Sala. Gundam as a franchise is huge, but I think that it is getting a bit tired at this point, so Unicorn might not have been as large as say 00. However, it's still better than AGE. I only watched like half an episode of Unicorn. Unicorn is as big, or bigger than, a new Jump flagship, but with Zombie Gun coming from Eiji (Crow was a massive success) and Reversi coming from AM, who still were a top four mangaka for ages with PCP, those two have already surpassed any other manga in Jump, making them the new flagships of Jump. What I'm saying is that it's not like if a newbie shoots to popularity, sort of becomes a flagship, and then gets an anime, in which case, a Gundam series would definitely be bigger, but for Eiji and AM, I think that any anime that came from their work would blow Gundam out of the water in terms of popularity/largeness. Eiji and AM would probably get only the biggest seiyuus around, which apparently now includes Azuki.

I think that for Unicorn, the introduction of a less well known seiyuu was an attempt to reintroduce some life into the somewhat stagnant Gundam franchise. There's only so much you can do with UC. If you hear the voice of one of those seiyuus that you've heard so many times before, it can start to get at you, but someone new can give life to a show.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think its funny that Ashirogi Muto were discussing who would play their heroine for the anime when no heroine has actually been described in relation to Reversi. I know they mentioned she would be "tragic" and get "brainwashed by the hero", but since then she hasn't been mentioned. xD

The chapter was pretty heartwarming, and Kaya was hilarious! I love that Saikou mentioned both Shujin and Kaya as his best friends for life.

As for Ririka, I am pretty sure she will be the thorn on Ashirogi's side once they get an anime. How she'll get there is a mystery. I think it would be interesting if one of the main male characters calls for a female seiyuu, and she gets picked for that, but I'm not sure. xD

EDIT: I think Zombie Gun will get an anime. Reversi's plot is too linear for any anime company to take it on this early in the story. The way I see it, Zombie Gun has more franchise potential. The reason why Death Note had such a successful anime is because they could tell the whole story without fillers or an alternative ending, right? For Reversi to "surpass" Death Note, I think it'll need to do the same.
    Last edited by Teeba; January 16, 2012 at 02:40 PM.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I still think its funny that Ashirogi Muto were discussing who would play their heroine for the anime when no heroine has actually been described in relation to Reversi. I know they mentioned she would be "tragic" and get "brainwashed by the hero", but since then she hasn't been mentioned. xD
    Actually, this is a good point. AM said they wanted to do the whole series in a total of 50-100 chapters (which is like twice the amount of the virst variant, but hey, who cares) and IIRC they have already the second volume published, what would make the series in the magazine already somewhere at chapter 35-40 and if we assume they do 100 chapters they have only 60 chapters left to introduce the heroine. That's relatively not very much of screentime for Azuki to voice.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Actually, this is a good point. AM said they wanted to do the whole series in a total of 50-100 chapters (which is like twice the amount of the virst variant, but hey, who cares) and IIRC they have already the second volume published, what would make the series in the magazine already somewhere at chapter 35-40 and if we assume they do 100 chapters they have only 60 chapters left to introduce the heroine. That's relatively not very much of screentime for Azuki to voice.
    With the second volume being out for a few weeks, wouldn't that only make them at about chapter 25 or so?

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    With the second volume being out for a few weeks, wouldn't that only make them at about chapter 25 or so?
    Umm... yeah, sorry, my calculation mistake

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member •Sasuke•'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 163 Spoiler Thread

Last edited by •Sasuke•; January 19, 2012 at 09:11 AM.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like, that Mashiro and Tagaki´s new Manga get an anime-adaption. I thinkt it will be only an OVA, but it can be also a TV-Series.
    Lets Go Rangers!

United by Pride, Driven by Passion, Bound by Loyalty!

I AM A RANGER!!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Hattori's faces in this chapter.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kazehaya's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently they got the anime, or something happened at the last moment, I'm tired of so many things that happen in the manga, now if you want this lapse all pink, and I want to see happy ending
    There are no ugly people, but there are unique tastes, GOD BLESS YOU¡¡¡

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

We got trolled badly this chapter. In summary, it's still up in the air whether it goes to Zombie Gun or Reversi.

spoiler summary
    So in the editorial department they're deciding which to use. On one side, Eiji and Yuujirou doesn't want Zombie Gun to be animated just yet because they think they don't have enough material. i.e: anime will quickly catch up to manga. Yuujirou thinks they'll need to be serialized for 3 years before thinking of an anime. Eiji nods in agreement, but after hearing Yuujirou say "Well I guess it'll go to Reversi then", Eiji makes a stern face.

On the other end, Hattori is happy but now has a conflict. He's worried about the manga ending within the year, or worst case scenario, before the start of the anime. Best scenario is in the timespan (or at least within the year) they have an anime, their manga is still serialized. Or in other words, it can be called a condition to get an anime. But with their serialization approaching one year by the time the anime is released, they'll pretty much be heading into the grand finale battle stage.

Hattori in the end discusses it with Ashirogi Muto since he can't decide what to do. Mashiro and Takagi are, of course, ecstatic as heck. But once calmed down, they're just as dumbstrucked. On one end, Takagi wants to go ahead. He'll do whatever it takes to carry on with the serialization. On the other end, Mashiro doubts Takagi's ability, he doesn't want to drag it out resulting in the quality of the entire series dropping. Hattori thinks their best chance would be letting this chance go by, focus on the manga til the end, and then wait for it to be animated afterwards. Takagi aggresively objects that they definitely cannot let this chance go by. Mashiro deep down knows he's thinking of him and Azuki. And so, spills the beans about him and Azuki's marriage to Hattori.

Hattori seems to be touched after hearing it, and decides if they want go ahead with the anime, he'll give the go ahead, even if their manga will end shortly. If anything comes up, he'll take responsibility.

So here's Hattori approaching Aida to let him know they'll go ahead with the anime. And here, us readers are thinking YES ASHIROGI MUTO WILL FINALLY GET AN ANIME......Yuujirou bursts into the room and lays 20 chapters of manuscript of anime material for Zombie Gun on the desk, saying Eiji says if he's gonna lose his spot to Ashirogi Muto then he'd rather have Zombie Gun take over Crow's place.

So yeah, we're back where we started.

WHO DO YOU THINK WILL GET THE ANIME (again)?
    Last edited by Knifeshade; January 19, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
    -

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kazehaya's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

no action would Ohba, your sleeve is tiring me ¡¡¡¡¡ XD
    There are no ugly people, but there are unique tastes, GOD BLESS YOU¡¡¡

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That was bs. Ohba's just dragging this out and having Takagi and Mashiro talk about his own personal angst with DN way too much.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing how there is no female lead in Reversi that we know of I'd say Eiji. Whatever manga will get an anime that Azuki will star in has to have a proper female lead.

New Reply
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast