Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51

Thread: Tower of God Q/A Thread

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Am I the only one who thinks that Rachel knows that Koon knows she can walk and that she was involved in Baam's "death"? She'd know because she would do the exact same thing he does to her: spy on him with her lighthouse. (She has very little else to do with her time than screw around with her lighthouse, so I assume she is a top tier lightbearer at this point though no one might not know that but her. She'd train with her free time because if things fall apart on her, she'd be insanely under powered for whichever level of the tower she is on.)

    The additional piece of evidence is the scene with her laughing right after Koon gives his speech about why he is climbing the tower. Yes, she could just be crazy, but the timing is way too coincidental for her not to be laughing at how absurd the situation is since both of them know about the other.

  2. #32
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kadodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    Haiti
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Rachel knows that Koon knows she can walk and that she was involved in Baam's "death"? She'd know because she would do the exact same thing he does to her: spy on him with her lighthouse. (She has very little else to do with her time than screw around with her lighthouse, so I assume she is a top tier lightbearer at this point though no one might not know that but her. She'd train with her free time because if things fall apart on her, she'd be insanely under powered for whichever level of the tower she is on.)

    The additional piece of evidence is the scene with her laughing right after Koon gives his speech about why he is climbing the tower. Yes, she could just be crazy, but the timing is way too coincidental for her not to be laughing at how absurd the situation is since both of them know about the other.
    I do not think she knows. I do not see how she could. Koon and Ship are very careful about how they communicate. I can only see two possible ways that Rachel can know:
    1: Someone is able to hear Koon's conversations with his crew or with Ship
    2: Someone from Koon's ship betrayed him.

    And besides nobody is better at lying than Koon. lol

  3. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kadodo View Post
    I do not think she knows. I do not see how she could. Koon and Ship are very careful about how they communicate. I can only see two possible ways that Rachel can know:
    1: Someone is able to hear Koon's conversations with his crew or with Ship
    2: Someone from Koon's ship betrayed him.

    And besides nobody is better at lying than Koon. lol
    In the 2-3 pages before she starts laughing, Koon tells his team about how she killed his best friend. This conversation appears to be taking place in the same house in which they are currently residing making spying on said conversation absurdly easy.

  4. #34
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    In the 2-3 pages before she starts laughing, Koon tells his team about how she killed his best friend. This conversation appears to be taking place in the same house in which they are currently residing making spying on said conversation absurdly easy.
    Please don't remind me of this insane laugh.
    I'll have nightmares again!


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  5. #35
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kadodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    Haiti
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    In the 2-3 pages before she starts laughing, Koon tells his team about how she killed his best friend. This conversation appears to be taking place in the same house in which they are currently residing making spying on said conversation absurdly easy.
    I agree that the conversation could be in the same house, however if Koon knows that Rachel can really walk, he would make sure to have a meeting where she can't hear them. And also Rachel would not risk walking freely except inside her own room. But who knows anything could happen.

  6. #36
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kadodo View Post
    Thanks I never noticed that symbol before. Baam is surely the character with the most secrets in this comic....

    ---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------



    1) Yeah I think we will just to have to wait and see where Baam originated. However what did you mean about Rachel's hair?
    2)As of right now, I am starting to think that it was mostly Baam's power as well. I just hope that the power inside does not destroy him..
    1) Can't remember the exact chapter, but I think it was in the crown test where Baam freely manipulates shinsoo to blind Hwa Ryun. There was a single panel showing someone with quite large hands grabbing Rachel by the hair and it seems to be from the time when she was in the cave.
    2) I doubt it'll destroy him. FUG only gave him a small fragment of it, destroying Baam is the last thing they want.

    Quote Originally Posted by kadodo View Post
    I do not think she knows. I do not see how she could. Koon and Ship are very careful about how they communicate. I can only see two possible ways that Rachel can know:
    1: Someone is able to hear Koon's conversations with his crew or with Ship
    2: Someone from Koon's ship betrayed him.

    And besides nobody is better at lying than Koon. lol
    I wouldn't be too sure. Based on the hide and seek test, Rachel seems to be a genius light bearer, much better than Koon at least, plus I think she took first seed. She could certainly be spying on Koon without him knowing

  7. #37
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kadodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    Haiti
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    1) Can't remember the exact chapter, but I think it was in the crown test where Baam freely manipulates shinsoo to blind Hwa Ryun. There was a single panel showing someone with quite large hands grabbing Rachel by the hair and it seems to be from the time when she was in the cave.



    1) ok thanks I'll try to find that chapter.


    Who do you guys think could have possibly told Emile that 25th Baam was alive?

  8. #38
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kadodo View Post
    1) ok thanks I'll try to find that chapter.


    Who do you guys think could have possibly told Emile that 25th Baam was alive?
    Well, FUG is pretty much the only group who we know for sure know about Baam being alive. But then there are others who could potentially know, like Wangnan (if he has connections, then it wouldn't be too difficult for him to find out Viole's real name since he already knows that he's an irregular), Repellista, Yuri, and Rachel (she could have known that Baam would survive, SIU once said that she was his favourite character so she may be redeemed later on somehow). I'm guessing any of these could be it, but I'd personally go for Repellista, in one of the previous panels in that chapter it does sort of hint towards it being her.

  9. #39
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,949
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Rachel knows that Koon knows she can walk and that she was involved in Baam's "death"? She'd know because she would do the exact same thing he does to her: spy on him with her lighthouse. (She has very little else to do with her time than screw around with her lighthouse, so I assume she is a top tier lightbearer at this point though no one might not know that but her. She'd train with her free time because if things fall apart on her, she'd be insanely under powered for whichever level of the tower she is on.)

    The additional piece of evidence is the scene with her laughing right after Koon gives his speech about why he is climbing the tower. Yes, she could just be crazy, but the timing is way too coincidental for her not to be laughing at how absurd the situation is since both of them know about the other.
    I don't think Koon is that careless.

    But speaking of Rachel, I keep wondering whatever happened to Akryung. The guy was supposed to be something like her bodyguard and yet there's no sign of him. Unless he was just supposed to protect her in the beginning and then moved on. I have trouble imagining him together with the main team. But then again, who knows. He's one of the most mysterius and itriguing characters that appeared so far. The fact that he's an irregular only adds to that.

  10. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kadodo View Post
    I agree that the conversation could be in the same house, however if Koon knows that Rachel can really walk, he would make sure to have a meeting where she can't hear them. And also Rachel would not risk walking freely except inside her own room. But who knows anything could happen.
    Unless Koon has multiple islands, the building in which they are having that conversation is on the same island as Rachel is on. That makes her spying on the meeting not particularly difficult, especially if she has spent the last 6 years improving her lighbearer skills.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But speaking of Rachel, I keep wondering whatever happened to Akryung. The guy was supposed to be something like her bodyguard and yet there's no sign of him. Unless he was just supposed to protect her in the beginning and then moved on. I have trouble imagining him together with the main team. But then again, who knows. He's one of the most mysterius and itriguing characters that appeared so far. The fact that he's an irregular only adds to that.
    Him being a regular is not a fact. It is a theory with at least some basis but some problems. Don't take this statement too seriously since:
    A) It ignores the fact that Rachel is an irregular (or is an irregular irregular since the Tower did not choose her, nor did Headon.)
    B) It is grammatically possible that both apply to Rachel. (the main reason anyone thinks otherwise is the presence of Akryung's picture)
    C) Akryung is someone Headon sent with Rachel. Unless Headon has Phantaminium, Enryu, or some other Irregular stashed away and some way to compel them to help Rachel, him being an irregular doesn't make a lot of sense.

  11. #41
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,949
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Him being a regular is not a fact. It is a theory with at least some basis but some problems. Don't take this statement too seriously since:
    A) It ignores the fact that Rachel is an irregular (or is an irregular irregular since the Tower did not choose her, nor did Headon.)
    B) It is grammatically possible that both apply to Rachel. (the main reason anyone thinks otherwise is the presence of Akryung's picture)
    C) Akryung is someone Headon sent with Rachel. Unless Headon has Phantaminium, Enryu, or some other Irregular stashed away and some way to compel them to help Rachel, him being an irregular doesn't make a lot of sense.
    The statement is pretty straightforward. Akryung's picture is there for a reason. Why refer to Rachel as "an irregular and a girl" when we al know that she's a girl? Maybe it has to do with the translation but I doubt that. The way it was drawn and written, "irregular" part applies to Akryung, since his picture is there, simple as that. Plus, it's Lero-ro's words. He can't know that Akryung was ordered by Headon to protect Rachel.

    Of course, the fact that Lero-ro think he's an irregular, doesn't prove that he is one. I think he is. Maybe it's not really a fact, but since he was referred to as one, I don't have much of a reason to doubt it. So far, anyway.

    Perhaps Headon does stop irregulars from advancing from time to time. They can't all be super strong, like Mazino and others. It is funny he had a bodyguard ready for Rach. It's really hard to discuss this because we know too little about Headon and his plans.
    Last edited by Razh; December 28, 2012 at 05:15 PM.

  12. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Why refer to Rachel as "an irregular and a girl" when we al know that she's a girl?
    You need the reference to her being a girl or the following sentence about Baam chasing her does not make any sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    The way it was drawn and written, "irregular" part applies to Akryung, since his picture is there, simple as that.
    I must have missed the arrows where the statement is explicitly connected to his picture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Of course, the fact that Lero-ro think he's an irregular, doesn't prove that he is one.
    Especially since his source of information is almost certainly a secondhand report of Quant's delivered by Yu Han Sung. And note, Quant didn't specify which person was an irregular, nor did he say they were two. Between Rachel and Akryung, Akryung definitely looks the part of an irregular more than Rachel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Perhaps Headon does stop irregulars from advancing from time to time. They can't all be super strong, like Mazino and others.
    If he isn't super strong, how exactly is he a useful bodyguard?

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It is funny he had a bodyguard ready for Rach.
    Or he is a shinsoo creation.

  13. #43
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,949
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    You need the reference to her being a girl or the following sentence about Baam chasing her does not make any sense.
    It depends how you look at it. Akryung's pic makes even less sense if he's not even mentioned. Twist it all you want.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I must have missed the arrows where the statement is explicitly connected to his picture.
    Throwing around useless sarcasm isn't in any way helping a normal discussion. You know as well as I do that SIU doesn't use any arrows. Nor does he need to. Pictures have a reason for being there, just like the text.


    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    since his source of information is almost certainly a secondhand report of Quant's delivered by Yu Han Sung. And note, Quant didn't specify which person was an irregular, nor did he say they were two. Between Rachel and Akryung, Akryung definitely looks the part of an irregular more than Rachel.
    Well that's what I said, didn't I. It's not a confirmed information. I just happen to think, or hope that Akryung is an irregular that has some kind of agreement with Headon and who will be a major opponent later in the story. From that guy's appearance, I can't imagine him being a good guy. Well, yes I can, but it would look extremely awkward.


    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    If he isn't super strong, how exactly is he a useful bodyguard?
    There are levels of strength. If he, for example, isn't strong enough to pass by Headon, it doesn't mean he's not strong enough to be a bodyguard. But then again, we don't really know how Enryuu, Urek and Phantaminum passed through 1st flloor. I mean did they just pass by Headon with him not being able to stop them or did he let them pass by.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Or he is a shinsoo creation.
    At this point anything's possible. I just think he's an irregular, I don't really care about it enough to continue discussion even more.

  14. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    I heard somewhere that it was made canon (I don't sound very convincing, right? ) that Rachel was the meant irregular.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  15. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Throwing around useless sarcasm isn't in any way helping a normal discussion.
    Neither does b.s. statements that something is "as simple as that" when it is, in fact, not that simple.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts