Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kadodo View Post
    1) Apparently Baam said at one point in the series that he was born in a dark place by himself. Any he said that he was trying to build a tower to get out of that dark place but with no success. Do you guys think that someone was trying to hide Baam down there? What if his parents are not really dead?

2) Based on the recent chapters, can we say that Viole is strong because of his own powers or because of a possible ignition weapon that was given to him?
    1) Who knows, we don't have much to go on. He could have been hidden there, he could have been imprisoned there, we don't even know where there is. Aside from the zahard symbol and that panel of Rachel's hair being pulled, we don't have many hints.

2) It's either both or solely because of his own power. I say that because we can't say for sure whether the thing inside him is only useful if it's activated, or whether it gives him a passive boost in shinsoo manipulation/strength all the time. We know that prior to getting it, he was already a genius so even if he came this far just on his own strength, it wouldn't be too surprising. When he can fully control the thing, then the full extent of his powers will certainly be due to both.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kadodo's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Don't forget that there was a Zahard symbol on the wall.

Or it could be both.
    Thanks I never noticed that symbol before. Baam is surely the character with the most secrets in this comic....

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    1) Who knows, we don't have much to go on. He could have been hidden there, he could have been imprisoned there, we don't even know where there is. Aside from the zahard symbol and that panel of Rachel's hair being pulled, we don't have many hints.

2) It's either both or solely because of his own power. I say that because we can't say for sure whether the thing inside him is only useful if it's activated, or whether it gives him a passive boost in shinsoo manipulation/strength all the time. We know that prior to getting it, he was already a genius so even if he came this far just on his own strength, it wouldn't be too surprising. When he can fully control the thing, then the full extent of his powers will certainly be due to both.
    1) Yeah I think we will just to have to wait and see where Baam originated. However what did you mean about Rachel's hair?
    2)As of right now, I am starting to think that it was mostly Baam's power as well. I just hope that the power inside does not destroy him..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who thinks that Rachel knows that Koon knows she can walk and that she was involved in Baam's "death"? She'd know because she would do the exact same thing he does to her: spy on him with her lighthouse. (She has very little else to do with her time than screw around with her lighthouse, so I assume she is a top tier lightbearer at this point though no one might not know that but her. She'd train with her free time because if things fall apart on her, she'd be insanely under powered for whichever level of the tower she is on.)

The additional piece of evidence is the scene with her laughing right after Koon gives his speech about why he is climbing the tower. Yes, she could just be crazy, but the timing is way too coincidental for her not to be laughing at how absurd the situation is since both of them know about the other.

Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who thinks that Rachel knows that Koon knows she can walk and that she was involved in Baam's "death"? She'd know because she would do the exact same thing he does to her: spy on him with her lighthouse. (She has very little else to do with her time than screw around with her lighthouse, so I assume she is a top tier lightbearer at this point though no one might not know that but her. She'd train with her free time because if things fall apart on her, she'd be insanely under powered for whichever level of the tower she is on.)

The additional piece of evidence is the scene with her laughing right after Koon gives his speech about why he is climbing the tower. Yes, she could just be crazy, but the timing is way too coincidental for her not to be laughing at how absurd the situation is since both of them know about the other.
    I do not think she knows. I do not see how she could. Koon and Ship are very careful about how they communicate. I can only see two possible ways that Rachel can know:
    1: Someone is able to hear Koon's conversations with his crew or with Ship
    2: Someone from Koon's ship betrayed him.

And besides nobody is better at lying than Koon. lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think she knows. I do not see how she could. Koon and Ship are very careful about how they communicate. I can only see two possible ways that Rachel can know:

In the 2-3 pages before she starts laughing, Koon tells his team about how she killed his best friend. This conversation appears to be taking place in the same house in which they are currently residing making spying on said conversation absurdly easy.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

In the 2-3 pages before she starts laughing, Koon tells his team about how she killed his best friend. This conversation appears to be taking place in the same house in which they are currently residing making spying on said conversation absurdly easy.
    Please don't remind me of this insane laugh.
    I'll have nightmares again!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Hangout

Wangnam is the shonen cliché.
    He's weak and he wants to change the way the world works.

Although, there has been some hints that he might somehow end up being important (maybe a prince of Zahard?)
    Last edited by THM Nindo; December 27, 2012 at 11:32 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the conversation could be in the same house, however if Koon knows that Rachel can really walk, he would make sure to have a meeting where she can't hear them. And also Rachel would not risk walking freely except inside her own room. But who knows anything could happen.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I never noticed that symbol before. Baam is surely the character with the most secrets in this comic....

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

1) Yeah I think we will just to have to wait and see where Baam originated. However what did you mean about Rachel's hair?
    2)As of right now, I am starting to think that it was mostly Baam's power as well. I just hope that the power inside does not destroy him..
    1) Can't remember the exact chapter, but I think it was in the crown test where Baam freely manipulates shinsoo to blind Hwa Ryun. There was a single panel showing someone with quite large hands grabbing Rachel by the hair and it seems to be from the time when she was in the cave.
    2) I doubt it'll destroy him. FUG only gave him a small fragment of it, destroying Baam is the last thing they want.

I wouldn't be too sure. Based on the hide and seek test, Rachel seems to be a genius light bearer, much better than Koon at least, plus I think she took first seed. She could certainly be spying on Koon without him knowing

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Wangnam is the shonen cliché.
    He's weak and he wants to change the way the world works.

Although, there has been some hints that he might somehow end up being important (maybe a prince of Zahard?)
    Well dont let SiU fool you, my friend! He always surprises us with the most unusual people, and Wangnam falls into that category ^^
    He is weak, has his ideals, and no one knows about his past, perfect for a betrayal.
    And being able to hurt baam even if it was luck it means he is no pushover

Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    1) Can't remember the exact chapter, but I think it was in the crown test where Baam freely manipulates shinsoo to blind Hwa Ryun. There was a single panel showing someone with quite large hands grabbing Rachel by the hair and it seems to be from the time when she was in the cave.

1) ok thanks I'll try to find that chapter.

Who do you guys think could have possibly told Emile that 25th Baam was alive?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that Baam seems to be a little bit weak against weapons that doesn't require Shinsoo, but I don't credit Wangnam as strong for it.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

1) ok thanks I'll try to find that chapter.

Who do you guys think could have possibly told Emile that 25th Baam was alive?
    Well, FUG is pretty much the only group who we know for sure know about Baam being alive. But then there are others who could potentially know, like Wangnan (if he has connections, then it wouldn't be too difficult for him to find out Viole's real name since he already knows that he's an irregular), Repellista, Yuri, and Rachel (she could have known that Baam would survive, SIU once said that she was his favourite character so she may be redeemed later on somehow). I'm guessing any of these could be it, but I'd personally go for Repellista, in one of the previous panels in that chapter it does sort of hint towards it being her.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Koon is that careless.

But speaking of Rachel, I keep wondering whatever happened to Akryung. The guy was supposed to be something like her bodyguard and yet there's no sign of him. Unless he was just supposed to protect her in the beginning and then moved on. I have trouble imagining him together with the main team. But then again, who knows. He's one of the most mysterius and itriguing characters that appeared so far. The fact that he's an irregular only adds to that.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the conversation could be in the same house, however if Koon knows that Rachel can really walk, he would make sure to have a meeting where she can't hear them. And also Rachel would not risk walking freely except inside her own room. But who knows anything could happen.
    Unless Koon has multiple islands, the building in which they are having that conversation is on the same island as Rachel is on. That makes her spying on the meeting not particularly difficult, especially if she has spent the last 6 years improving her lighbearer skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But speaking of Rachel, I keep wondering whatever happened to Akryung. The guy was supposed to be something like her bodyguard and yet there's no sign of him. Unless he was just supposed to protect her in the beginning and then moved on. I have trouble imagining him together with the main team. But then again, who knows. He's one of the most mysterius and itriguing characters that appeared so far. The fact that he's an irregular only adds to that.
    Him being a regular is not a fact. It is a theory with at least some basis but some problems. Don't take this statement too seriously since:
    A) It ignores the fact that Rachel is an irregular (or is an irregular irregular since the Tower did not choose her, nor did Headon.)
    B) It is grammatically possible that both apply to Rachel. (the main reason anyone thinks otherwise is the presence of Akryung's picture)
    C) Akryung is someone Headon sent with Rachel. Unless Headon has Phantaminium, Enryu, or some other Irregular stashed away and some way to compel them to help Rachel, him being an irregular doesn't make a lot of sense.

New Reply
Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast