Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TOG Favorite Character

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

TOG Favorite Character

TOG
    Favorite Character

This thread is for your favorite character in the series. Please write the name or names of the characters you like and a few brief words about why that person is your favorite. Even if multiple members pick the same character as their favorite, everyone will usually have a different or unique reason for liking a character. Hence, I thought this might be pretty interesting to read about everyone's pov (point of view). So share your favorite character and the reason for liking them here.

Who is your favorite character & Why?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TOG Favorite Character

Characters is IMO the main strength of this manwha. There are a lot of interesting characters.

I like Androssi because she seems like a powerful bitch without emotions at times but can also display some attention to others. But, at this point, it's hard to know if she does help others because she thinks it's fun or because it's the "good" thing to do. Her relationshionship with the lizard princess can be really interesting in the future.

Leesoo is interesting as well. He is as weak as smart. He always give a smart "human" perspective to the story & for that reason, I want him to tag along for a long long time.

The duo Baam-Koon remind me of Gon-Killua in many ways.
    Baam is a very good character: potential, empathy, kindness, weird charisma ... all qualities required from a real hero.
    Koon seems to be one of the most useful & balanced characters: he is both extremely smart & strong. His limitation is that he doesn't want to take risk.

Koon-Killua:
    - Both from very important families
    - Both broke rules from their families
    - Both are smart & talented
    - Both are not putting themselves needlessly in danger.

Gon-Baam:
    - Both are extremely honest
    - Both have an iron will. And that iron will is their main quality
    - Both have an exceptional ability to make friends

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that you mentioned I think the same Zellogan! Baam and Koon are really interesting characters, but I have another favorite.... Laure! That guy is just awesome! Everytime he appears is to make something only he can do, besides his sleeping habit is very funny!

I guess we will have more awesome characters as the series progress, since we are yet to see the top irregular and others rankers...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You're absolutely right Zellogan! The character interaction is well done in the manwha. That's why, it's really hard for me to have a favorite due to them being awesome in their own ways. You have already mentioned Baam and Koon. I think the same about them.

Hatsu: Badass swordsman, who isn't from a noble family with a strong sense of justice. I like his two swords style and also his calm demeanor. His performance against Quant was really impressive.

Rak: Who doesn't like the funny crocodile?

Laure: I see myself in him lol. We both share the same habit of using any opportunity to sleep. Apart from that his performance throughout the series make me like him even more. Dude, can fly!!

Yuri: Badass woman with long legs 'nuff said.
    Last edited by Host Samurai; December 25, 2011 at 08:58 AM.

Credits:Shinsatsu

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Characters is IMO the main strength of this manwha. There are a lot of interesting characters.

The duo Baam-Koon remind me of Gon-Killua in many ways.
    Good point, I agree on both parts!
    maybe that's another point why everyone thinks of early HxH while reading ToG.

For me the manwha has two strong points:

1. As you already said, it's huge and interesting cast. Most of the participants are interesting, all with a unique behaviour and a good character design.
    2. It's vast and huge world which kinda reminds me of One Piece. I always get the feeling that there is SO much more to discover and to see and I'm always curious to know more about the Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    Rak: Who doesn't like the funny crocodile?

Laure: I see myself in him lol. We both share the same habit of using any opportunity to sleep. Apart from that his performance throughout the series make me like him even more. Dude, can fly!!

Yuri: Badass woman with long legs 'nuff said.
    Agreed on all three! It's so hard to find a single favourite but so far the Baam-Koon-Rak trio is definitely the most interesting and entertaining for me. Their interactions always have a certain charm to it. I always looks forward to them because they seem to complement one another so well.

Baam is the kindhearted and formal friendly type while Koon is wily and rather serious. Rak always makes some hilarious comments but can be pretty beastly when things get serious. Awesome combination
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; December 25, 2011 at 03:05 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

my choice goes to the main 3
    Baam for the usual reason, interesting kid with unknown potential and never fails to disappoint
    Koon genius and confident nd funny
    Rak strong brash nd even tho one thinks that he is a fool he surprises the readers from time to time like during hte time when Koon pretended to let go of baams friendship cs he is an irregular Rak understood the scam and played with it

other that that
    Yuri most bad ass char yet after Baam
    Evan rumored to be mush stronger than yuri yet keeps a facade of inferiority and make things humorous
    Hatsu honest nd strong personality
    Lesso seems like a fool but is a genius nevertheless
    i like Lauri for the humor elements revolving around his sleeps and sleeping habits

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to say Parakewl for now leaving with one choice although I like a lot of the characters.
    The reason behind picking Parakewel is simply because he is bad ass!! He needs more rep points.
    He is one of the most hilarious & interesting character that I've come to like from the series so far.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have many charakters which i like, but i will go for Ship Lesoo and Lahel here.

Ship is almost completely like me, from the beginning on.
    And he brings fun in every scene in which he is involved

also, he has some funny dynamic with hatsu and anak, sadly, serena is out.
    I am itnerested in his backstory and he is so far the only char without significant fighting strength (cept baam possibly, but he has huge talent) to progress that far (oh, and sunwoo nare and lahel, but they are not near his epicness)

He also remidn me of quant a little bit, he is like a smart quant. And i love quant already.

As for Lahel:

I know most ppl hate Lahel, but i just love this charakter and what SIU does with her.

Lahel as a maincharacer takes balls and skills, because she REALLY is weak.
    Not one of those: oh i like him and he is weak but will be badass later on.
    Lahel is something else, she is willing to sacrifice everythin for her dream in a EVERYTHING way, not in 'i try so hard and get strong xaxa' way.

She is a good wave controller and definitely a good actor with her pokerface.

And for me, she's the greatest mystery in the ToG story yet.

btw, about the HxH ToG conection:

I agree partially.
    You can clearly see a similar progression for both couples, koon knows stuff about the world, baam doesnt, but baam awes koon because baam is everything koon would like to be, ying and yang style.

but that was it.

Gon is DEFINITELY not like Baam, gon has absolutely no problem with killing people in a fight, even if he tries to avoid it, he also had no problem to use komugi and sacrifice her life so he could get his revenge.
    Baam would never do that, he is cutie pie, and the only time he thought about killing someone was with that monster in the second test, which is clearly a whole other matter than killing humans (baam didnt even know that monster has any emotions).

While gon is way darker than baam, koon is darker than killua.
    Koon likes baam and wants to keep him as his friend, but koon uses his friends, and koon never stopped to see baam as a tool.
    A tool he likes and wnts to keep in good shape, but still.
    It's his inner conflict and charakter developeent to accept true friendship, probably.

Killua however is very self sacrificing towards gon.
    He follows gon everywhere, does the cleanup for gon's escapades and as it is yet killua never had an own plan or goal to follow.

Koon would never do that, he has his own goal and if anyone stands in between him and his goal he is going to eliminate him.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite character has to be Koon. That guy is freaking awesome and he always manages to surprise me with his ability to develop the best strategies. Let's face it without him Baam would be nothing.
    And i love that now 'cause of Baam's influence he somewhat changed and started to be more open towards the ones beside him .
    The next would be Rak 'cause i love his way of calling the others turtles lol and also though he tries to be a bad guy but in reality he got himself really attached to Koon and Baam ....he's kinda cute , the tsundere type
    The 3rd place is reserved for Baam. He got this place 'cause he's just too pure and this kinda pisses me off especially when he is trying to protect even the ones who tried to kill him. I mean there has to be a limit and only the thought of him forgiving Lahel makes me wanna choke him to death
    4th place is Yuri 'cause she's damn cool and strong.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Baam- The Story's Main protagonist and has a simple and straight forward goal of getting back together with Rachel at the Top of the Tower. Will do anything to protect her and was going to carry her up to the top until recent events had happened. Is generally a Kind and Caring character in the story.

Rak- Easily the best Gator in this entire universe, Usually the one to smack some sense into Koon when something really doesn't go his way and when Baam revealed himself to be an Irregular he started the whole group going to help him out with his test.

Laurie- The Lazy Shinso sort of master... Almost every scene involving him and his blanket and pillow are done so brilliantly done which delivers the occasional chuckle from me.

Androssi- She's pretty much a stuck up bitch... But for some reason that attracts me to liking her as a character more and has shown that she has a more compassionate side to Baam more than anyone else.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it's..
    1. Androssi
    2. Baam
    3. Anak
    4. Yuri
    5. Hatsu

I like almost everybody though, the cast is very rich. The only character I haven't been a huge fan of, that I think I'm supposed to be, is Koon because he's probably the one that feels the least..unique to me. His back-story really wasn't able to strike much of an emotional cord with me either.

Obviously, I don't like Lahel either but that seems like that is the way it's intended to be. Baam and the princesses shine like stars and she looks like dirty old rock by comparison. Which I think feeds into her role in the plot nicely.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zephyr's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a theory about Baam, so I'm bettin' all my (virtual) cash that he'll be the strongest char of all: he's the physical incarnation of Shinshoo, a pure entity born from it.

I would like to see what will be the story from 2nd season on, but IMHO this is actually the rank based on what we saw (excluding chars behind the scene like irregular, Zahard etc...)
    1- Androssi
    2- Baam
    3- Yuri
    4- Hatsu (I think of him as a guy that is currently hiding some power...)
    5- Anak

p.s. wow, almost paired up with Jammin's Rank O_o

Aim To The Top, No Matter How.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the princesses are the best.
    Pretty much everyone prefer Androssi over Anak, but for me it would be a though call to choose one over the other.

I really enjoy when they are fighting together!

And another of my favorite character is Yuri, another princess!

If I had to do a Top 5, it would probably look something like this:

1- Anak
    2- Androssi
    3 - Yuri
    4- Yeon
    5 - Baam/Viole

There are a lot of other character that I like though...
    Koon, Rak, that FUG girl, even Rachel somehow...

SIU is doing an awesome job with his characters!
    Especially the part 1 characters.

I also noticed that no one even put a Part 2 characters in their Top 5 lists.
    What do you guys think of the Part 2 characters?

Do you find them interesting?

I like the Part 1 characters better, but there are a few Part 2 characters that I find interesting, especially Yeon, Wangnan and Arkraptor.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; July 05, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Nindo
    Another Anak & Androssi fan!

I actually did my list before we got to know much of anything about part 2's cast which is why I didn't give them any love but there are a few in there I definitely like a lot. I would say taking into consideration the way the Manhwa has gone.

1) Androssi
    2) Anak
    3) Yuri
    4) Rak
    5) Arkraptor
    6) Yeon
    7) Hatsu
    8) Yeo Miseng
    9) Baam/Violet
    10) Ship Leesoo

Androssi as always is my favorite by leaps and bounds. She always reminded me of Azula from Avatar the Last Airbender except with a softer side. She is just as strong and utterly ruthless but also something of a free spirit. And her relationship with Anak is probably my favorite of the series.

Of the part 2 people Arkraptor, Miseng, and Yeon are the ones I like. Arkraptor because of that paternal air of his that he seems to try and hide. Yeon because I love the results of her power blending with her temper and klutziness. Miseng because of how strange she is; she just seems like she doesn't belong and I kinda like that.

Obviously my opinion of part 2 Baam character has declined since his reintroduction as Violet. His presentation is beginning to remind me of Sasuke, tons of strength and style but just not enough emotional substance backing it up for my liking.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Yuri - A kickass, awesome princess of Zahard. I want to see more of her in action.
    2.Viole/Baam - His innocence is relaxing. Watching him develop is fun.
    3.Androssi - That strange horn is endearing. Yet another powerful character.
    4.Laure - I find a kindred spirit in wanting to sleep all day.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast