Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Our favorite ToG tests/levels!

  1. #1
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Nuts Our favorite ToG tests/levels!

    Tower of God is known for the interesting tests and challenges in each level of the tower, with the level of hardship rising even higher as it advances. What is/are your most favorite battle(s) or level(s) in the world of the tower? What do you think so? Is it because of the interesting challenge, or because how the participants could react?

    Let's see which are the best tests and levels in the mysterious tower of God.

  2. #2
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Our favorite ToG tests/levels!

    So far I found the Crown Game the most interesting. The different groups clashing with each other without knowing how some particular members will react. The Crown rule offered a huge possibility of different strategies which made the whole thing pretty unpredictable and entertaining to watch.

    Second to me is Headons test, I still remember how excited and tense I was when Baam ran into that pool of Shinsoo with the huge Barakuda(?). This tiny little boy, don't knowing anything about Shinsoo and having a huge disadvantage, had the courage to give it his all and to "fight" against this huge beast to destroy the ball. Rachel being scared like sh** reminded me what awesome feet Baam was able to achieve.

  3. #3
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Our favorite ToG tests/levels!

    The crown test was indeed interesting but I also like the hide and seek part. The difference between both team was really striking but both results were interesting. One with Koon machiavelism the other wis Baam shinsoo talent in action. After that the last test felt quite boring. Hopefully Yuri was there as guest star

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Our favorite ToG tests/levels!

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    The crown test was indeed interesting but I also like the hide and seek part. The difference between both team was really striking but both results were interesting. One with Koon machiavelism the other wis Baam shinsoo talent in action. After that the last test felt quite boring. Hopefully Yuri was there as guest star
    Yeah, I didn't care much about the last test as well. Plus, the test wasn't that hard. It was supposed to be chosen by the guardian ... I expected something epic. When all the regulars are together, such a test is a cakewalk. With Koon & Leesoo for the thinking, Androssi & Anak for skills, Rak & others for raw power & Baam as X factor ... The test was a real challenge only because of Ren ... and the result would have been an overwellming victory without any injuries if there wasn't Ren & Lahel's betrayal.

  5. #5
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Our favorite ToG tests/levels!

    One of my favorites is also the crown game. XD I remembered that I read the chapter twice or even more, trying to gasp what the rules actually mean and all the surprises coming along with it. It was unique and complicated, but awesome. After all, it is the important battle for Baam where she actually met Lahel, right? ^^;

    My second most favorite game is actually back then, the game with a clock and 12 doors where the participants in team must go and choose one correct door. It was more like a puzzle, and I really liked how the teams who succeeded that round did it. It has a strong message, to push forward when you don't really have something to lose, and believe in yourself and others. ^^

    Other games mostly involve strategies, pretty good but a bit boring indeed.

    What do you guys think about future tests? Do you want to see more action-based games, strategy-based challenges, or mind-based ones? ^^

  6. #6
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Our favorite ToG tests/levels!

    Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Yeah, I didn't care much about the last test as well. Plus, the test wasn't that hard. It was supposed to be chosen by the guardian ... I expected something epic. When all the regulars are together, such a test is a cakewalk. With Koon & Leesoo for the thinking, Androssi & Anak for skills, Rak & others for raw power & Baam as X factor ... The test was a real challenge only because of Ren ... and the result would have been an overwellming victory without any injuries if there wasn't Ren & Lahel's betrayal.
    well yeah the test wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Maybe the Guardian didn't expect all of the Regulars to participate. Not sure if he bases the test on the group taking it or if he just prepares a test difficult for this kind of floor. If it's the latter then it actually makes sense, without Androssi and Anak they would have faced huged problems against the Bull.

    my theory is that this test was especially prepared to take care of Anak and Baam and that's why everything else seemed relatively easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    What do you guys think about future tests? Do you want to see more action-based games, strategy-based challenges, or mind-based ones? ^^
    I'm fine with everything as long as it is a good mix, I wouldn't mind something less action-based next. The tests are supposed to get more and more difficult so I'm really looking forward to the things coming ahead.

  7. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Our favorite ToG tests/levels!

    Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Yeah, I didn't care much about the last test as well. Plus, the test wasn't that hard. It was supposed to be chosen by the guardian ... I expected something epic. When all the regulars are together, such a test is a cakewalk. With Koon & Leesoo for the thinking, Androssi & Anak for skills, Rak & others for raw power & Baam as X factor ... The test was a real challenge only because of Ren ... and the result would have been an overwellming victory without any injuries if there wasn't Ren & Lahel's betrayal.
    I think you are talking about the "hunt for the submerged fish" or something like that.... Hide and seek was when the regulars were split in two groups and confronted the ranker Quant. Anak and Androssi were in different teams...

    The second floor is really interesting, the first test was to kill others participants to reduce the numbers, then the test to choose a door in less than 5 minutes.... But the crown game was the best because it was simple and hard, it is complicated to explain.


    But this is just the second floor. What about the test Headon gave Baam? Arie Hon gave an interesting test to Urek Mazino as well... There are 134 floors and 134 tests at least, I'm still expecting to see more interesting test and surprises (of course I don't think we will see all the tests... time skip)!

    What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

  8. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Our favorite ToG tests/levels!

    Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I think you are talking about the "hunt for the submerged fish" or something like that.... Hide and seek was when the regulars were split in two groups and confronted the ranker Quant. Anak and Androssi were in different teams...

    The second floor is really interesting, the first test was to kill others participants to reduce the numbers, then the test to choose a door in less than 5 minutes.... But the crown game was the best because it was simple and hard, it is complicated to explain.


    But this is just the second floor. What about the test Headon gave Baam? Arie Hon gave an interesting test to Urek Mazino as well... There are 134 floors and 134 tests at least, I'm still expecting to see more interesting test and surprises (of course I don't think we will see all the tests... time skip)!
    Yes, I was talking about the submerged fish. K-dom too when he spoke about "After that the last test felt quite boring. Hopefully Yuri was there as guest star "

  9. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Our favorite ToG tests/levels!

    Oh Yeah! I didn't read carefully.... The last test was boring yes, but it was for the sake of the plot....

    What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

  10. #10
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Our favorite ToG tests/levels!

    You guys thought it was easy but the test was meant for Baam and it wasn't easy for him. Getting betray, having your heart broken, and barely making it out alive.

    Anyway, I like the Crown Game and the Hide-and-Seek test. Those were interesting set-ups. Though I must admit that the rules to the Crown Games seemed complicated.


    (Please read from right to left.)

  11. #11
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Our favorite ToG tests/levels!

    I have to say that I like this new test a lot, everytime it's about groups and trust SIU's storytelling is reaching it's peak.
    This all vs. Baam concept is quite refreshing and I'm really looking forward to how the test will unfold

    that reminds me, I miss Koon and his awesome strategies

New Reply

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts