Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The whitebeard pirates?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The whitebeard pirates?

I don't think they would even consider splitting up completely. They are a family after all. I'm pretty sure that they are still in the New World, somewhere in Whitebeards ex-territory, trying to reclaim it from Blackbeard. I think Luffy will meet them at some point and assist them in getting their land back (but they will fail to defeat Blackbeard, as he is the "main villain" after all)

We can be sure that they did not try to have their revenge on Akainu. That would dishonor Whitebeards last orders. Besides that, it would be very stupid, too.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

They are a family but one of pirates at that. WB was the leader of the family, the pillar that held it together. I don't think they would outright hate each other however it is indeed strange that a crew with those 14 commanders would be pushed around even by another yonko. More so, they are not even counted among the yonko anymore. Even with WB gone, that is incredibly strange if we consider the main crewmembers have remained together. The crew must have gone through hell in many levels. With WB dead, it is extremely likely that most of the territory they controlled was attacked in some form. Add in yonko trying to expand, strong new world crews seeing a chance to get influence, lowly pirates trying to make a name for themselves and finally good old BB rampaging with a crew with a bunch of people comparable to the commanders. Add in the grieving the crew must have gone through and who knows what else... I really don't see the WB being anything other but remnants of what they once were.

Seriously, even without WB a crew with those 14 commanders is a massive force, once that made the world government gather every asset they had in hand to fight them. Why would BB be able to take their position as a yonko that easily? Why would they be an unnamed force in the balance of power in the new world? Heck, we readers saw some superiority in terms of rank in the crew but I really do doubt his actual rank was any higher than that of the other commanders. Honestly, what the WB pirates lost in that war was huge.... I could easily see the strawhat pirates split up if luffy dies too (not relevant but it is a good comparison).

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Marco didn't join other crew but is still leading WB pirates with some of the original crew but also with new faces that joined during those 2y . Well i'm still not sure if the others captains are still united ( most probably some have chosen to make their own crew and revenge WB and some have failed and died) but i think at least 1 or 2 captains remained in the original crew.
    Marco was a guy who was completely loyal to WB , at least that's my view of him so i don't think he joined Shanks . He is strong enough to lead the WB pirates

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I have said in the Discussion Thread that when a rookie Makes it to the New World, and sees the difference between him and the veteran pirates there, the captain may swallow his pride and join a strong pirates crew, now who's stronger than a Yonkou, and I gave the example of Rockstar who joined The Red Hair crew, that said, I think if not most of them then some of them joined Kaidou, Big Mom or Shanks. The only Yonkou I can see them not joining is the one "Behind" Their captain's death ... BLACKBEARD. IMHO

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its highly unlikely to expect the WB pirates to join up or form another crew. As Marco said when Ace first joined they were all detested misfits that finally found a home under the name of Whitebeard. Being a family is what they took pride in, they all would have gladly died bearing the name of WB. There is just way too much love, pride, and respect among the WB pirates for them to ever abandon that name. WB sacrificed himself so that they could be apart of the new age. I don't see any of them suddenly saying "What the old man did was nice, but i'm going to go off and do my own thing". If you are willing to truly give up your life, as the WB pirates were, for a name and a symbol then you usually don't abandon that after the leader is gone. If anything your connection to that name and symbol only grows because now it has that much more significance to you.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

And what exactly did the name and symbol of WB represented? Pirates are by definition selfish, they were not revolutionaries giving themselves to a cause which they believed greater than themselves. The WB pirates are no exception, even during the war they were not fighting for freedom, values or the greater good. They were fighting for their own. I would argue the WB pirates were bounded mainly by WB because they genuinely cared for WB however we have never had any reason to believe that the man himself ever stood for anything which he or his crew upheld to be greater than themselves or of objective value. The WB pirates were bounded by their limitless loyalty to WB who they saw as their father but the father is gone now. Isn't it normal for children to eventually take their own path? Who in that crew could ever possibly take the role of WB? Marco was obviously WB's number one however saying he is fit to take the mantle of WB of such a gargantualy powerful crew and such territories over so many pirate crews with reasonably powerful commanders is a bit much. Marco ultimately has neither the respect, the power or the presence of WB. I don't see him becoming the father of the crew and loyalty for him is far from the same as loyalty to WB.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ledoke's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

They don't need a second Whitebeard to lead them, I believe all commanders consider themselves equal so IMO it wouldn't be strange if they reformed into some sort of a democratic pirate alliance(operate individually but under WBs flag, having council meetings). That way they wouldn't be considered a Yonkou even if together their territory would be bigger than Blackbeards, normal people who read newspapers would think that they're just remnants of WB desperately trying to protect their captains legacy.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    And what exactly did the name and symbol of WB represented? Pirates are by definition selfish, they were not revolutionaries giving themselves to a cause which they believed greater than themselves. The WB pirates are no exception, even during the war they were not fighting for freedom, values or the greater good. They were fighting for their own. I would argue the WB pirates were bounded mainly by WB because they genuinely cared for WB however we have never had any reason to believe that the man himself ever stood for anything which he or his crew upheld to be greater than themselves or of objective value. The WB pirates were bounded by their limitless loyalty to WB who they saw as their father but the father is gone now. Isn't it normal for children to eventually take their own path? Who in that crew could ever possibly take the role of WB? Marco was obviously WB's number one however saying he is fit to take the mantle of WB of such a gargantualy powerful crew and such territories over so many pirate crews with reasonably powerful commanders is a bit much. Marco ultimately has neither the respect, the power or the presence of WB. I don't see him becoming the father of the crew and loyalty for him is far from the same as loyalty to WB.
    The symbol that WB represented was clearly family, like Marco told Ace and like WB told his former crew mate. That is what their crew was comprised of, if people weren't into the family thing they had no reason to join the crew in the first place. Because it was clear that the purpose of the WB pirates was not One Piece or anything other then having a family to sail across the seas with. Their loyalty wasn't to just to WB himself, it was to the name of the WB pirates. Thats why they all came to fight for Ace, most of them even said so. You are confusing an actual family with a family of grown men. If these men didn't want to be apart of the WB family then i'm pretty sure they could have left at anytime. The same doesn't apply to real children and family. So that comparison doesn't make sense. These are grown men, they can do as they please. Yet they willingly chose to stay with WB and travel the seas as a family and fight alongside him and their crew mates. Also no one can replace WB, nor would anyone try to. There is no need for Marco to be the new "father". Only WB could fill that role. All that Marco could do now is be one of the leaders that the rest of the crew members rely upon. Which was probably his role to begin with as a Commander. So i don't see the structure of the WB pirates changing at all, the reputation and prestige will obviously change. But the structure was there to keep the crew going even if WB died. The crew is not about one man, its about the members that make up the crew.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Pirates are by definition selfish
    But not in One Piece. Look at Zorro, for example, he was ready to die fighting against Kuma on TB.

Quote Quote:
    The WB pirates are no exception, even during the war they were not fighting for freedom, values or the greater good. They were fighting for their own.
    Actually, they were all fighting for Ace.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think much of the allied pirates went their own way. It's hard to believe each allied captain would stay in alliance now that Whitebeard is dead. He was the man they rallied around. The fact that Blackbeard stole much of WB territory proves that WB Pirates aren't as influential as they were. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the main crew joined Shanks, like it was foreshadowed with Marco.

Still, I think Marco is now captain of the WB Pirates and that they still hold some of their territory.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I think much of the allied pirates went their own way. It's hard to believe each allied captain would stay in alliance now that Whitebeard is dead. He was the man they rallied around. The fact that Blackbeard stole much of WB territory proves that WB Pirates aren't as influential as they were. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the main crew joined Shanks, like it was foreshadowed with Marco.

Still, I think Marco is now captain of the WB Pirates and that they still hold some of their territory.
    Yup I totally agree with this. I think BB was also able to take the territory so fast because
    the Morale of the WB pirates had to be at an all time low and it's never a good idea to head into a battle in that kinda situation and since he knows the territory so well and has the Quake DF it should be easy to sink attacking ships and how would you deal with that it you were Marco.

BTW does anyone think that maybe Capt Kidd joined up with BB??

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2