Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Brave 10

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brave 10

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    It's really cute, isn't it?
    It is.

Quote Quote:
    I think it goes deeper than that because if it's for money... doesn't Sanada have money too?
    But didn’t he say he was poor? He said it to Jinpachi. Obviously he is no really a poor man, but I think what he meant to say is that he doesn’t pay his braves to stay with him.

Quote Quote:
    I'm still just fine with her. Until I know what her reasons are, I won't say any bad thing about her.
    Well…I only said that she lost points with me, but I will give her the benefit of the doubt and wait to hear her side of the story before removing her of my B10-favorites list.

Quote Quote:
    Weird, huh? But I think it's mostly because I could hear Kamiyan's voice (geez, this is one of those rare scenes when Rokuro talked more than usual).
    Well, you do have a point he did talk more than usual. ^^

Quote Quote:
    Well... nothing lasts forever. He might get a new cool power later on... (I HOPE SO.)
    Even if he doesn’t have the eye power anymore, he still possesses his super sonic wave (? I don’t know the name of his power) power.

Quote Quote:
    I don't know why I expected it? A certain scene in a trailer?
    Maybe I was shipping Ana x Sanada so much that I didn’t notice the subtle hints about her character…

Quote Quote:
    Don't say "took advantage of them", it makes me think of another thing altogether... (if you know what I mean.)
    She took advantage of their surprise.
    Okay, okay, she took advantage of their surprise.

Quote Quote:
    If they really complement each other, they should have equal power. Like light and dark are basically equal.
    Well…I meant it in the sense that Saizou is the ying to Isanami’s yang.

Quote Quote:

Another brave with ice power? Somehow I don't think that will be a good thing. I get the feeling that each brave has unique power and if it turns out there is another with the same power... it kinda destroys the image. I prefer for her to return.
    You are right…a new brave wouldn’t feel right.

Quote Quote:
    The myth of Izanagi and Isanami. They are the god and goddess that creates the world (I think). The end of their story is similar to that of Orpheus and Eurydice. But in the end, because Izanagi broke the promise and looked at her, Izanami swears to kill one thousand people of Izanagi's. (This is what I remember, but I am not sure.)
    Thank you for answering my question and for the info!

Quote Quote:

Yep, an uncontrollable sad Isanami means the end of the story.
    Yep. So that is why Saizou needs to be her ray of light and cheer her up.

Quote Quote:
    I understand what you mean, but I think this is where the creativeness of the creators is shown. A sentence can have double meanings because of the plot.
    I agree.
    Quote Quote:
    Loads of power requires loads of food.
    LOL! True, true.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Finally up to date.
    Yay!!

Quote Quote:
    So the play with Isanamis name wasn't a play huh?
    She really is a reincarnation of Izanami or something among the lines. Fits with the japanese myth of world creation.
    Tbh, after reading a bit more info about that story…I’m not all that positive that Isanami’s name is a reference to that story…

Quote Quote:
    If I look on Yukimuras roots sketch Saizou would be "Izanagi" yes? As a complementary for Isanami so to speak.
    As Izanami died, Izanagi went to get her back from the underworld. But he wasn't allowed to look at her until they were out of it. But Izanagi turned around near the end of the path and Izanami was trapped forever and swore revenge or something like that.
    I think it has to do more with the philosophy of the ying and yang than with the Izami/Izanagi story.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

First off... Anas betrayal didn't hit me that hard. I remembered she said something along the lines to Sasuke in an episode before.
    She'll come back I'm sure of it. She is a Brave after all.
    See? I believe there was a clue somewhere before that Ana was going to betray them... But I'm not sure what it is...
    And yeah, she'll come back.

So the play with Isanamis name wasn't a play huh?
    She really is a reincarnation of Izanami or something among the lines. Fits with the japanese myth of world creation.
    If I look on Yukimuras roots sketch Saizou would be "Izanagi" yes? As a complementary for Isanami so to speak.
    As Izanami died, Izanagi went to get her back from the underworld. But he wasn't allowed to look at her until they were out of it. But Izanagi turned around near the end of the path and Izanami was trapped forever and swore revenge or something like that.
    Saizou as Izanagi... Hmmm.
    yeah.. basically the myth ends in a bad way, worse than Orpheus-Eurydice.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    But didn’t he say he was poor? He said it to Jinpachi. Obviously he is no really a poor man, but I think what he meant to say is that he doesn’t pay his braves to stay with him.
    But then again.. Ana doesn't seem to be the materialistic type.

Well, you do have a point he did talk more than usual. ^^
    Right? All he usually says is "yes, master", and it makes me sad coz I can't hear a lot of my fav voice.

Even if he doesn’t have the eye power anymore, he still possesses his super sonic wave (? I don’t know the name of his power) power.
    Yeah, but it's really sad that he lost his eye along with his power...

Yep. So that is why Saizou needs to be her ray of light and cheer her up.
    I'm wondering how he will do it.

Tbh, after reading a bit more info about that story…I’m not all that positive that Isanami’s name is a reference to that story…

I think it has to do more with the philosophy of the ying and yang than with the Izami/Izanagi story.
    Maybe not a reference to the story itself, but to the goddess only. I don't believe that what happened to Izanagi and Izanami will happen again to Saizou and Isanami but I think the goddess that Sanada meant is Izanami. Underworld, death... they fit the characteristic of Izanami.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And yeah, she'll come back.
    I don’t know if she’ll come back or not, but I have a feeling that if she returns it won’t be anytime soon.

Quote Quote:
    But then again.. Ana doesn't seem to be the materialistic type.
    True, true…I’m now even more curious about her reasons for betraying the braves.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, but it's really sad that he lost his eye along with his power...
    Yeah.

---------- Post added March 12, 2012 at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was March 11, 2012 at 03:20 PM ----------

Episode 10

- We found out in this episode the reason why Ana betrayed the Braves and the person that she was working for. The person she was working for was Hanzou, Saizou’s nemesis. And the reason why she betrayed the Braves was her allegiance to the Iga clan a.k.a. Iga five.

- It was pretty sad to see Saizou, Benmaru, Sekai, Sasuke and Kakei-san getting beaten up like that.

- The girl that was fighting Benmaru and Sekai…she looked like a man later in the fight…even her voice was more masculine. She reminded me of the Amazonan girl from Arakawa Under the Bridge.

- I really want for Isanami to transform into her goddess form so that she can defeat of all those Iga people and help/protect the Braves.

- I really like the Isanami x Saizou’s moments that we had in this ep.

I can’t wait to watch the next episode!!

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know if she’ll come back or not, but I have a feeling that if she returns it won’t be anytime soon.
    Yep, there is still a long way ahead.

We found out in this episode the reason why Ana betrayed the Braves and the person that she was working for. The person she was working for was Hanzou, Saizou’s nemesis. And the reason why she betrayed the Braves was her allegiance to the Iga clan a.k.a. Iga five.
    And the Five's allegiance is only to themselves, I think. I wonder why they want to gain the power.

It was pretty sad to see Saizou, Benmaru, Sekai, Sasuke and Kakei-san getting beaten up like that.
    Somehow that gives me the impression that they are not that good.

The girl that was fighting Benmaru and Sekai…she looked like a man later in the fight…even her voice was more masculine. She reminded me of the Amazonan girl from Arakawa Under the Bridge.
    She reminds me instead of Ranma. Changing from a girl into a man, but she does it at will, it seems.

I really want for Isanami to transform into her goddess form so that she can defeat of all those Iga people and help/protect the Braves.
    Yeah, in the preview, we saw a bit of that, no? She looks kinda scary but somehow I'm glad. I hope that will make those bad guys realize what they are facing. Isanami is not some kind of pawn. She's a goddess, for God's sake. She can kill you in an instant! I hope she will kick some asses next eps.

Oh, and what are the lords trying to do here? I don't get it; they want to fight Ieyasu?
    Now it feels like they're facing two enemies.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever
    - We found out in this episode the reason why Ana betrayed the Braves and the person that she was working for. The person she was working for was Hanzou, Saizou’s nemesis. And the reason why she betrayed the Braves was her allegiance to the Iga clan a.k.a. Iga five.
    And for all we know Saizou knows Iga Nin very well.

- It was pretty sad to see Saizou, Benmaru, Sekai, Sasuke and Kakei-san getting beaten up like that.
    That was hard yeah. They seem pretty week against this opponents. On the other hand they were missmatched. Bugs are kinda heavy to deal with.
    Ask Toriko. XD

- The girl that was fighting Benmaru and Sekai…she looked like a man later in the fight…even her voice was more masculine. She reminded me of the Amazonan girl from Arakawa Under the Bridge.
    I liked her Pettanko-form... To bad.
    Her powers are weird... But those eyes... :O

- I really want for Isanami to transform into her goddess form so that she can defeat of all those Iga people and help/protect the Braves.
    Uhhh that would be badass. Those Iga Nins wouldn't know what hit them if Izanami would appear.

- I really like the Isanami x Saizou’s moments that we had in this ep.
    Always do.

I can’t wait to watch the next episode!!
    So do I.

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03
    Yeah, in the preview, we saw a bit of that, no? She looks kinda scary but somehow I'm glad. I hope that will make those bad guys realize what they are facing. Isanami is not some kind of pawn. She's a goddess, for God's sake. She can kill you in an instant! I hope she will kick some asses next eps.
    Right. They'll pay.

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03
    Oh, and what are the lords trying to do here? I don't get it; they want to fight Ieyasu?
    That'll be interessing. Again everything happens at once.

Today I noticed for the first Time the seiyuu of Sasuke is the same as for Natsu and even better he was born in Germany. Me like very much.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; March 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, there is still a long way ahead.
    Which makes me wonder…how will things end up regarding Ana and other stuff taking into consideration that the series will end very soon, I think the last episode will be episode 12…

Quote Quote:
    And the Five's allegiance is only to themselves, I think. I wonder why they want to gain the power.
    To rule the world? And it seems Hanzou is the leader of the Iga clan.

Quote Quote:
    Somehow that gives me the impression that they are not that good.
    True, true.

Quote Quote:
    She reminds me instead of Ranma. Changing from a girl into a man, but she does it at will, it seems.
    LOL. Well…but in Ranma’s case, even when he changes into a girl or viceversa he/she remains handsome/cute, but in the Iga girl’s case…she becomes un-cute when she turns into a man.

Quote Quote:
    I hope she will kick some asses next eps.
    I second that.

Quote Quote:
    I think that as the ending of the series gets closer we are going to have two big fights, one involving the braves vs. Iga clan and one involving all of the lords.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

And for all we know Saizou knows Iga Nin very well.
    Well…we know that he knows Ana and Hanzou, but I’m not sure about him knowing the other members of the Iga clan.

Quote Quote:
    That was hard yeah. They seem pretty week against this opponents. On the other hand they were missmatched. Bugs are kinda heavy to deal with.
    Ask Toriko. XD
    LOL. Maybe the writer of the story wanted to portray the braves as so weak to highlight Isami’s powers and role in the story…

Quote Quote:
    I liked her Pettanko-form... To bad.
    Her powers are weird... But those eyes... :O
    You liked her eyes?

Quote Quote:
    Uhhh that would be badass. Those Iga Nins wouldn't know what hit them if Izanami would appear.
    I really, really hope Isanami transforms next ep.

Quote Quote:
    Today I noticed for the first Time the seiyuu of Sasuke is the same as for Natsu and even better he was born in Germany. Me like very much.
    Who is Natsu?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well…we know that he knows Ana and Hanzou, but I’m not sure about him knowing the other members of the Iga clan.
    Well at least his Ninjutsu (I kinda don't want to call it that because it reminds me to much of Naruto but well...) is Iga-Style.

LOL. Maybe the writer of the story wanted to portray the braves as so weak to highlight Isami’s powers and role in the story…
    On the other hand it's shounen. There always comes a time were the main character gets heavenly defeated. x)
    And they won't die. Blood loss is not a severe injury in anime/manga after all. Thank god.

You liked her eyes?
    Indeed. This mixture of killing intend with snake eyes... I like those. :O

I dito that. It's time those Iga 5 get their asses kicked!

Who is Natsu?
    The main character of Fairy Tail.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, the most interesting things about Kakky are that he was born in Germany and he speaks German, English and Japanese well.
    I almost expect Sasuke to shout "Moekitazo!" every time he appears, but of course, he doesn't do that. Sasuke and Natsu are two very different characters. I love Kakky's voice as Sasuke better though since his voice is a lot calmer and doesn't endanger my ears.

---------- Post added March 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was March 16, 2012 at 11:49 PM ----------

Which makes me wonder…how will things end up regarding Ana and other stuff taking into consideration that the series will end very soon, I think the last episode will be episode 12…
    Many things can happen in two eps, as long as the creators can wrap up the story nicely.

To rule the world? And it seems Hanzou is the leader of the Iga clan.
    The whole clan? I find it a bit unbelievable. Iga five, yes, but the whole clan... no.

LOL. Well…but in Ranma’s case, even when he changes into a girl or viceversa he/she remains handsome/cute, but in the Iga girl’s case…she becomes un-cute when she turns into a man.
    LOL~ But he's quite a bishie though it's a bit disturbing knowing that he was a girl.

I think that as the ending of the series gets closer we are going to have two big fights, one involving the braves vs. Iga clan and one involving all of the lords.
    But it makes the story somehow broader rather than deeper.

But still... it feels like it doesn't give their title a justice. I expect them to be very strong, and at least even when they face a strong opponent, they can counter their opponent's attack even though it takes a lot of effort. But in those battle, it seemed like they were beaten up quite easily.

She most definitely will.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Well at least his Ninjutsu (I kinda don't want to call it that because it reminds me to much of Naruto but well...) is Iga-Style.
    LOL~ Ninjutsu.

On the other hand it's shounen. There always comes a time were the main character gets heavenly defeated. x)
    And they won't die. Blood loss is not a severe injury in anime/manga after all. Thank god.
    Oh, I thought it's shoujo since they have so many eyecatching bishies. Oh well, but I don't remember any shounen where the main characters get defeated pretty easily. Usually it takes the whole eps or two eps to beat up the main character.

I dito that. It's time those Iga 5 get their asses kicked!
    And I really, really hope, they get a divine punishment that is so painful they wish they hadn't been born.
    Last edited by yukihime03; March 17, 2012 at 02:08 AM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I thought it's shoujo since they have so many eyecatching bishies. Oh well, but I don't remember any shounen where the main characters gets defeated pretty easily. Usually it takes the whole eps or two eps to beat up the main character.
    You just made my day... XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole clan? I find it a bit unbelievable. Iga five, yes, but the whole clan... no.
    By Iga clan I meant the five of them.

Quote Quote:

LOL~ But he's quite a bishie though it's a bit disturbing knowing that he was a girl.
    TBH, I didn’t find her handsome when she turned into a man.

Quote Quote:
    But still... it feels like it doesn't give their title a justice. I expect them to be very strong, and at least even when they face a strong opponent, they can counter their opponent's attack even though it takes a lot of effort. But in those battle, it seemed like they were beaten up quite easily.
    Well…the title of the series is Brave 10 and brave they were…now strong is another thing.

Episode 11

The part of the episode about Kamanosuke was…was…it felt out of place. For a moment there I thought I was watching another anime where a Sebastian kind of a guy had appeared, I didn't suspect that it was an illusion at all. So I totally fell for the illusion thingy. Thankfully, Kamanosuke didn’t fall for it. Of course, his love for Saizou had to do a lot with the fact that he was able to escape the first illusion. Btw, I’m a bit confused…Is Kamanosuke a boy or a girl? I still think he is a boy, but I’m not sure anymore because he looked so pretty as a girl. What I’m 100% sure is about the fact that Kamanosuke loves Saizou very much.

I now understand why Ana betrayed the Braves better than before and I’m glad to see that there is still hope for Ana.

Evil Isanami has awoken and I can’t wait to see what she does.

Next episode will be the last one and I’m really going to miss this series when it ends.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; March 18, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I was scared by the illusion... It made way to much sense...

Izanami is here to kick ass. They are going to die painfully...

So is there any part of Saizou left with no piercing? XD

So Anas reason for betrayal was kinda a memory of forgotten days. Thats... unexpected... She is a little girl inside after all.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was scared by the illusion... It made way to much sense...
    Kamanosuke is always complaining about the guys treating him like a girl but during the illusion he was rather happy about being treated like a princess, maybe deep down inside Kamanosuke’s secret dream is becoming a princess.

Quote Quote:
    Izanami is here to kick ass. They are going to die painfully...
    I just hope green evil Isanami is able to differentiate between friends and foes.

Quote Quote:
    Poor Saizou, he was literally butchered.

Quote Quote:
    So Anas reason for betrayal was kinda a memory of forgotten days. Thats... unexpected... She is a little girl inside after all.
    The flashback added more complexity to Ana’s character so I liked it. I really hope that in the next episode Ana switches camps and joins the Braves once again.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

By Iga clan I meant the five of them.
    Oh, okay. But now I'm wondering if there are other members of Iga clan besides the six we know now.

Well…the title of the series is Brave 10 and brave they were…now strong is another thing.
    *shrug*

The part of the episode about Kamanosuke was…was…it felt out of place. For a moment there I thought I was watching another anime where a Sebastian kind of a guy had appeared, I didn't suspect that it was an illusion at all. So I totally fell for the illusion thingy. Thankfully, Kamanosuke didn’t fall for it. Of course, his love for Saizou had to do a lot with the fact that he was able to escape the first illusion. Btw, I’m a bit confused…Is Kamanosuke a boy or a girl? I still think he is a boy, but I’m not sure anymore because he looked so pretty as a girl. What I’m 100% sure is about the fact that Kamanosuke loves Saizou very much.
    Yeah, it was so out of place though I do realize it's an illusion. One minute I was watching a fight between ninjas and suddenly I watched a scene about western royalties. The heck? Then when the scene returned to Saizou's fight, I was just like . And I felt sick watching it, because I heard a man's voice but I saw a princess. He's indeed pretty as a princess but if only he didn't talk.

I now understand why Ana betrayed the Braves better than before and I’m glad to see that there is still hope for Ana.
    Yeah, though it is still confusing. She was some kind of a princess who got stranded in Japan? What does she want to actually? Revenge or restore the power? I find her past unbelievable.

Evil Isanami has awoken and I can’t wait to see what she does.
    Yeah, I love that wicked smile of hers.

Next episode will be the last one and I’m really going to miss this series when it ends.
    Really? Can all of this be solved just in one eps?

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

LOL~ But like all of those shounen heroes, he still can stand and talk.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, okay. But now I'm wondering if there are other members of Iga clan besides the six we know now.
    Good question but I think it will be left unanswered since the series is ending in the next episode.

Quote Quote:
    And I felt sick watching it, because I heard a man's voice but I saw a princess. He's indeed pretty as a princess but if only he didn't talk.
    The voice didn’t bother too much, what kind of bothered me a little bit was how comfortable Kamanosuke seemed to be being a princess…

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, though it is still confusing. She was some kind of a princess who got stranded in Japan? What does she want to actually? Revenge or restore the power? I find her past unbelievable.
    I think she has power so she is able to go back home and avenge her parents.

Quote Quote:
    Really? Can all of this be solved just in one eps?
    Everything won’t be resolved that for sure, that is why I so hope there is another season of this series.

Quote Quote:
    LOL~ But like all of those shounen heroes, he still can stand and talk.
    LOL! So funny but oh so true.

---------- Post added March 27, 2012 at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was March 22, 2012 at 11:18 PM ----------

Episode 12

Brave 10 has come to an end. I've so much fun watching this series. I’m really going to miss it.

I loved the Isanami x Saizou moments!! They were so touching and romantic and the hug in the darkness reminded me a lot of
    Spoiler: Inuyasha show

It was cool to see the braves defeating the Iga people, each one in their respective battles. Hanzou, the villain of our story got his deserving punishment; he was literally swallowed by the darkness.

I liked the fact that Saizou became the leader of the Braves , that role suits him very well IMHO.

Overall, the last episode was pretty good and it left me wanting more. I really hope there is a second season of this series. I know there is a sequel to the manga so here’s hoping they animate the sequel as well.

A special thanks goes to both of you guys, yukihime03 and Skyguardian, thank you for joining this thread and for helping me enjoy this series so much! Looking forward to watch and discuss other series with you guys!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; March 27, 2012 at 11:34 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It ends!

Somehow I'm a bit disappointed in the ending. It seems so rushed. But, anyway, it's okay.
    Oh, and I do love how Hanzou died just like that. I'm satisfied.

I do think there will be a second season. I mean, it doesn't seem like it really ends. There are still so many loose ends.
    And what happen to Ana? We only get to see her hair in the end. o_O

You're welcome, destiny4ever! I'm glad I join this thread and I do look forward to that!

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast