Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What do you think of Rachel?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • She's a heartless Bi**

    14 40.00%
  • It's too early to judge her

    14 40.00%
  • I still believe that she's kindhearted, the tower forced this decision upon her!

    0 0%
  • I don't care about her, she's plain boring

    7 20.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Rachel Discussion Thread

  1. #1
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,600
    Post Thanks / Like

    Rachel Discussion Thread

    Probably the most discussed character right now. She always seemed like a kindhearted person and took care of Baam for a long time so everyone was surprised when she

    Spoiler show


    What are your thoughts about her? Was she a cruel/calculating person right from the start or did the tower changed her? What could be the reasons for her recent action?

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    I think it's still too early because her decision doesn't make any sense. Baam is special and could help her reaching the top of the tower. Of course, now she gains the support of the whole group but IMO, everyone was already willing to join Baam anyways. Plus, in previous chapters, she does show that she care for Baam. So, I just don't understand why she did it.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,094
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    I don't know why I just believe in waht Headon said! I seems she did that out of jealousy and I trully believe she is rotten inside! I will bet my cents on that...

    What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

  6. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    She is shrouded in mysteries, that it makes for us readers hard to judge her. But apparently Headon was spot on concerning her true nature because Hwa Ryu was also able to see through her. So I think that she is indeed a bad person otherwise hee words wouldn't make any sense. 'Forget about me, so that I can be reborn'... This heavily indicates that she wants to change herself and have a fresh start. That could also mean that she did things in the past that were really bad.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  7. #5
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    I think it's still too early because her decision doesn't make any sense. Baam is special and could help her reaching the top of the tower. Of course, now she gains the support of the whole group but IMO, everyone was already willing to join Baam anyways. Plus, in previous chapters, she does show that she care for Baam. So, I just don't understand why she did it.
    Maybe, maybe not. It seems to me that she is quite the good actress. Perhaps there were times in the past when she really did care about Baam, but that seems to change ever since she had the wish of climbing the tower, even more when Baam was more.. 'expected' than her. ^^;

    Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    She is shrouded in mysteries, that it makes for us readers hard to judge her. But apparently Headon was spot on concerning her true nature because Hwa Ryu was also able to see through her. So I think that she is indeed a bad person otherwise hee words wouldn't make any sense. 'Forget about me, so that I can be reborn'... This heavily indicates that she wants to change herself and have a fresh start. That could also mean that she did things in the past that were really bad.
    Makes sense. Indeed, that kind of sentence is said when someone wants to abandon his past and start anew. I think perhaps Lahel did something terrible in the past, and when she saw Baam she wanted to help him but one day Baam reminded her of her sins, therefore she tried to push him away.

  8. #6
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,600
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I don't know why I just believe in waht Headon said! I seems she did that out of jealousy and I trully believe she is rotten inside! I will bet my cents on that...
    Rotten inside? Now that seems to be a bit harsh, if Rachel isn't a perfect actress she definitely has her good sides as well. She took care of Baam, if she didn't he wouldn't even be able to speak. I doubt that she ever planned for him to conquer the tower so there's nothing she could gain by helping him.

    Looking at the latest comments of SIE:

    Spoiler show


    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Makes sense. Indeed, that kind of sentence is said when someone wants to abandon his past and start anew. I think perhaps Lahel did something terrible in the past, and when she saw Baam she wanted to help him but one day Baam reminded her of her sins, therefore she tried to push him away.
    Good point, Rachel still is a huge mystery. We don't know why she is so focused on seeing the stars or if that is her real reason in the first place. She seems so desperate about it that I'm pretty sure there's more about it, most likely because of what happened to her in the past.

    To push him away because of her sins doesn't make that much sense to me, as I see it she is just using him as a method to climb the tower. The recent chapter will give us some answers (I guess) as it looks like

    Spoiler show

  9. #7
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    Spoiler show


    Another question. Is she Lahel/Rachel or Michelle Light? Those two names are a bit far apart and I wonder which one is the true name.

  10. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Spoiler show


    Another question. Is she Lahel/Rachel or Michelle Light? Those two names are a bit far apart and I wonder which one is the true name.
    The recent chapter just answered your question. Headon himself contacted Yu Hansung and let him know about Baam.

    Lahel is her true name. She probably took the name of Michelle Light in order not to attract Baam's attention, that name is nothing more then a pseudonym.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  11. #9
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,600
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Spoiler show


    Another question. Is she Lahel/Rachel or Michelle Light? Those two names are a bit far apart and I wonder which one is the true name.
    well Headon gave her "Akryung", who seems to be very strong. Now Hansung says she will "steal" her anything (teammates, strength, etc.) Rachel needs. The focus lies on steal, there's a good chance that getting rid of Baam was (partly) meant to get Rachel loyal teammates. This further means that she intends to not give but steal everything Rachel needs, I wonder how she will steal the rights and strength.
    For now I'm pretty sure that they especially targeted Baam.

    Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    The recent chapter just answered your question. Headon himself contacted Yu Hansung and let him know about Baam.

    Lahel is her true name. She probably took the name of Michelle Light in order not to attract Baam's attention, that name is nothing more then a pseudonym.
    we don't know what exactly Headon told her, only that he informed her about Rachel and Akryung.

    Yeah I think the same but my guess is that it's not just for Baam but for other people as well, maybe there are more people in the tower who know her?

  12. #10
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I wonder how she will steal the rights and strength.
    Seems to me know that the strength she talked about came from her supporters, "friends", who are Baam's as well. Everyone has always seen them together, and they knew about what happened between them. I do wonder how Koon would react if he found out what Rachel did to Baam. ^^;

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Yeah I think the same but my guess is that it's not just for Baam but for other people as well, maybe there are more people in the tower who know her?
    That relates to her past, which would be very interesting to know, IMO. I do have the feeling that she is not a complete stranger of the tower; perhaps there is someone waiting for her or helping her. Maybe the stars she talked about is not really stars but a code of someone. :P

    *imagination runs too wild, so I'll stop here *

  13. #11
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    Well SIU wrote last week that her relation with Baam is more complicated than it seems at the moment. When she says that he stole everything from her, there is probably a part of truth that explains her betrayal. Although I doubt Baam did it consciously and she should know it. In the last chapters, it seems to me that she was not completely happy with what she did and has probably remorses.
    What I'm curious about is what Headon and Hansung saw in her that is worth making all that complicate plan.

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #12
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,600
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    I skimmed through the manwha a bit (looks like I need to reread it, forgot so much XD) and found two interesting passages about Lahel.

    The first one:

    Spoiler show


    Looks like Rachel was attacked while they stayed in that underground place. I have absolutely no clue from whom though, Baam or Rachel never mentioned anything so all we have is this brief memory of Baam >__< maybe that's another reason why she wanted to climb the tower so desperately?

    The second one:
    (sorry for the bad quality, I hope everyone can read it)

    Spoiler show


    she talks about the true night and mentions the Night we fear. Could this be a hint to the things she mentioned last chapter? Maybe the attack on her in my first pic and this night she talks about are connected?

    The only thing I know is that we still don't know much about the the two of them XD

  16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I skimmed through the manwha a bit (looks like I need to reread it, forgot so much XD) and found two interesting passages about Lahel.

    The first one:

    Spoiler show


    Looks like Rachel was attacked while they stayed in that underground place. I have absolutely no clue from whom though, Baam or Rachel never mentioned anything so all we have is this brief memory of Baam >__< maybe that's another reason why she wanted to climb the tower so desperately?

    The second one:
    (sorry for the bad quality, I hope everyone can read it)

    Spoiler show


    she talks about the true night and mentions the Night we fear. Could this be a hint to the things she mentioned last chapter? Maybe the attack on her in my first pic and this night she talks about are connected?

    The only thing I know is that we still don't know much about the the two of them XD
    I remember that too. But couldn't find it anywhere xD. Well, to me it looks like she was taken by someone by force against her will. Looking at the picture closely it's also part of Baam's memory, which makes him involved in that incident too. For now we don't know if Baam successfully managed to protect Rachel at that time but if he indeed was successful to protect her then. This could very well explain to some extent as to, why she was afraid of the night=Baam due to him probably killing that man. A feat, which was unthinkable for Rachel at that time.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  18. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    Only thing i know is she is damn annoying, How in the world she became the best seed is a mystery. Not to mention she can sacrifice anything to climb the tower, which is OK but she has nothing in her to make her a good character. neither is she useful, she was Pathetic in the hide nd seek test

  19. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

    Well , the only thing that I can say right now is that Baam is most probably alive and this was all pre planned by the 1st lvl guardian ( with help of this floors guardian) . He purposely made it so that Baam would seem dead . This way Baam can climb the tower w/o interference from the Rankers . This way , Baam realized what a heartless butch Rachel is . This way Baam will have a stronger motive for climbing the tower , this way something prophesized will happen .

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts