Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What do you think of Rachel?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • She's a heartless Bi**

14 40.00%
  • It's too early to judge her

14 40.00%
  • I still believe that she's kindhearted, the tower forced this decision upon her!

0 0%
  • I don't care about her, she's plain boring

7 20.00%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rachel Discussion Thread

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rachel Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I remember that too. But couldn't find it anywhere xD. Well, to me it looks like she was taken by someone by force against her will. Looking at the picture closely it's also part of Baam's memory, which makes him involved in that incident too. For now we don't know if Baam successfully managed to protect Rachel at that time but if he indeed was successful to protect her then. This could very well explain to some extent as to, why she was afraid of the night=Baam due to him probably killing that man. A feat, which was unthinkable for Rachel at that time.
    Interesting theory there, maybe he unleashed even more power back then in comparison to the Crown Game. I guess Rachel knows a lot more about Baam than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    Only thing i know is she is damn annoying, How in the world she became the best seed is a mystery. Not to mention she can sacrifice anything to climb the tower, which is OK but she has nothing in her to make her a good character. neither is she useful, she was Pathetic in the hide nd seek test
    What do you mean with best seed?
    but I kinda agree, so far Rachel seems rather pathetic because she didn't show us any (impressive) skills yet, it seem like everything is just given to her by the will of Headon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    Well , the only thing that I can say right now is that Baam is most probably alive and this was all pre planned by the 1st lvl guardian ( with help of this floors guardian) . He purposely made it so that Baam would seem dead . This way Baam can climb the tower w/o interference from the Rankers . This way , Baam realized what a heartless butch Rachel is . This way Baam will have a stronger motive for climbing the tower , this way something prophesized will happen .
    hmm but other Rankers would know about him to or wouldn't they? It doesn't really matter if he's traveling with Rachel or not, if Headon hadn't informed Yu Hansung about Baam being an irregular there's a good chance that things would have went more fluently (assuming Hansung didn't know it herself). For me it seems Headon plans something larger we can't think of yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post

What do you mean with best seed?
    but I kinda agree, so far Rachel seems rather pathetic because she didn't show us any (impressive) skills yet, it seem like everything is just given to her by the will of Headon.

think she was the best seed in the Light bearers classes
    remember when they divided ppl into classes they selected a best seed for the class or sth
    my memory is hazy so i can say for sure

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member salvatore022's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont know why so many people voted'' it is still too early to judge her'' but i am guesing they havent seen the chapter where she is laughing in her room alone....

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore022 View Post
    i dont know why so many people voted'' it is still too early to judge her'' but i am guesing they havent seen the chapter where she is laughing in her room alone....
    I know right...

But I voted like that because SIU said that Rachel was his favorite character, and this is SIU we are talking about(with him you never know what to expect from such statements)...

PS: At the end it might just be that Rachel was so frightened/scared she might have snapped/broke from everything, at the end of first season, when she almost killed Baam. Later with that laughter SIU as he is, might have intentionally shown her like that, why deception is his strong point, and what I also like from Tower of God the most.
    Last edited by Monsterguy; January 13, 2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

btw do you guys think rachel is behind the bounty who tried to kill koon in the latest chap?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member salvatore022's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

btw do you guys think rachel is behind the bounty who tried to kill koon in the latest chap?

nope i think she(rachel) doesnt even know what is going on because koon himself said someone is using devil of the right arm as bait to capture someone
    my theory is horyand or viole but since cassano said '' wait ilmar i will tell u later'' that person could be viole and why the bunny girl asked viole to be his light house bearer and couldnt ask horyang because it is part of plan

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

its baam's fault for sticking to her...he was literally glued to her...i mean she does not want you to bother her...so get a life and move on man... rather than that i find her boring and creepy...her only significance was that she betrayed baam which lead us to "Baam Part 2: Viole" ...which is pure awesomeness unlike "Baam Part 1" which was as boring as lahal to me... TOG part 1 side characters dominated...part 2 Baam Rules !! (coz of her)

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Only thing i know is she is damn annoying, How in the world she became the best seed is a mystery. Not to mention she can sacrifice anything to climb the tower, which is OK but she has nothing in her to make her a good character. neither is she useful, she was Pathetic in the hide nd seek test
    Well she was shown controlling at least 3 lighthouses in Part 1, whilst Koon was shown only using 2. If she really did come from outside the tower then she would have been as clueless about shinsoo as Baam was, so to be able to control at least 3 lighthouses in such a short amount of time would have certainly made her get best seed. I think this guy makes a pretty decent case for Rachel:
    http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/6...ost__p__232884

I wouldn't really say I'm a fan of her, but I'm not going to completely hate her when SIU says that she is his favourite character. I smell a redemption coming and if it's SIU then he may be able to pull it off.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The recent Manhwa Awards nominations got me thinking about this and, I'm ready to accept that Rachel is just a heartless @#$@%.

We can't really be sure yet, I think, but with what she did with Baam and how she tried to play Koon and the others she is a sociopath.

My feeling is that she has a more complex motivation behind her actions but in the end what she's done speaks for itself. Nobody lured her into the tower. Nobody forced her to make a deals with the devils to climb it either. There is nothing inherently wrong with her dream of seeing the stars but what defines a person is not a dream but what they are willing to do to achieve it. That's when we found out who she really was, IMO.

Even now, it's all someone else's fault in her mind; and that's even more telling. She under the delusion that she hasn't done anything wrong; and we know, as should she, that's not true. That's the thing about her I really dislike more than anything. The self deception. When I compare her to my favorite ToG character Androssi, who is also a monster of sorts, self awareness is a huge difference.

A part of my favorite quote from her goes like this....

"I really don't know any other way than this.

I'm not expecting you to understand me though, and it doesn't change the fact that I'm a devil either. But I'm just following what my heart tells me to do. Isn't it the same for everyone? Only, we weren't wishing for the same thing."

Rachel could never say something like this because isn't willing to take responsibility for her own actions. When Androssi has done something terrible she sees it for what it is and makes no excuses. She'll do what she wants, and make no apologies for it, but she won't pretend it's not bad. The strong eat the weak, and she's strong. That's the world she knows, and thrives in, and she knows that's wrong.

Rachel doesn't accept that hurting others to pursue her goals is wrong and that makes here a far worse person in my eyes.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 27, 2014 at 04:01 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner matosz's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone seems to forget how she repeatedly stabbed Dan's legs. As if there was any doubt she is a heartless b!tch.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matosz View Post
    Everyone seems to forget how she repeatedly stabbed Dan's legs. As if there was any doubt she is a heartless b!tch.
    and she Killed some guys of the group i think. Not to mention pushing Baam out to die not knowing whether or not he will live, ya i know guys will say but she was doing this so that she can move up she has no choice but doing what she did pushed her to my dont like her list... not to mention she is srsly boring ( when she is being in the panel) but actually a good plot mover when she is not shown but her activities leads the plots

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2