Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
In the world of Tower of God, there are several kinds of 'job' like in RPG games. For most jobs, you have to pass the test to be certified for it. However, there are also few exceptions. In case you want to know more...
- Fisherman ~ Fisherman is considered most important point in direct, short-range fights. They usually carry light weapons, thus giving them speed needed in fast fights. There are Reel Fishermen, who use Reel Inventories to attack their enemy at medium range, and Man-to-man Fishermen, who go directly on the offensive at close range.
- Scout ~ Scouts move ahead of the group, checking things ahead and aiding the Fishermen's attacks. Scout, like Fisherman, is expected to be able to move fast and think fast, analyzing what is ahead to form plans.They can also help to watch of the enemy's movements, read the change of Shinsoo, or collect information.
- Spear Bearer ~ Spear Bearer, as the name suggests, uses spears in fights. Spear Bearers are important because of their abilities to attack from afar. Several Spear Bearers fight in short range (of course with more danger) but some others fight in long range.
- Wave Controller ~ Wave Controller controls Shinsoo, the element around the tower. The Shinsoo can later be used as offense or defense. It is known for having the hardest difficulty level among other positions, but is also very useful once can be mastered.
- Light Bearer ~ Light Beareruses exploring devices called Lighthouses to gather information which would be helpful in battles. Sometimes they also use their Lighthouses to give light to other players as the battles are often done in dark areas.
(Source: Tower of God Wiki, Batoto)
- Anima ~ Anima is a specialization in which a person is able to control an animal to do his wishes. Counted as part of Wave Controller group.
- Guide ~ Guide leads the way for the team. Guide usually works with a Light Bearer. Guide has excellent analysis skills and has vast knowledge regarding the tower to be able to show the way around. It is said that an A-rank guide can determine the power of an individual just by looking at them.
- Dansoolsa ~ No further information known so far. Counted as part of Wave Controller group.
This thread is intended for any discussions regarding the positions. Let's start by stating which job/position you like the most, and why. Or if you can imagine yourself taking the test, which job do you want to get?
Last edited by phio_chan; December 25, 2011 at 09:13 AM.
I know the princesses and some others awesome character yet to be introduced, like Urek Mazino, are fisherman...but Baam and Laure made think Wave Controller is the mos awesome position of all!!!! Of course Light Bearer, Spear Bear and Scouts proved to be very useful and indispensable in some occasions, Koon made me think that too (and more recentely his brother)!
@phio: You forgot to add Kurudan's class, which is also a Special position for the Wave Controller. Even though we don't have much information about it as of now.
I think the scout can also evolve in an "assassin" class: fast, analyzing, gathering information, discrete ...
At first, it seems that the scout is the weakest class but it could be surprising.
I wonder if there is indeed evolution in this job/rank/position system. You get stronger, yes, and get special title(s) as you advanced, but is there really something as levels of a job? XD
For now my favourite definitely is the Wave Controller, Shinsoo has proved itself to be the most important thing inside the tower so having control over it seems like a huge advantage. Who knows what unbelievable stuff you could do with it, I remember Yuri saying that Urek Mazino can shoot Shinsoo like a laser, that alone sounds pretty interesting.
Urek Mazino is exceptional of course, but some individual may have ability to handle others positions as well... Rak always thought he was a fisherman, so besides spear bearer he must be pretty fisherman too!
Thanks to the recent chapter (77) we got a clue concerning the position of a guide. Apparently, only those who are gifted by the Tower can be one. So that makes Hwa Ryu even more awesome because she is also very talented as Wave Controller.
You guys talking about how someone can do well in another position despite his main job, I wonder if there is a regular or irregular who could master all those positions. XD Could it be Zahard or the god of the tower? XD Either way that must be very awesome!
What about the administrators/directors of the tower so far? Like Leroro and Han Sung?
well look at the stats Haho provided with us:
the first part tells you about their level in the different jobs. The rating goes from -100 to 100 so you can see that both are relatively good in every aspect, especially Hansung. Her Wave Controller rating is 90 so I guess she has pretty beasty skills in that aspect even Ren who was their Wave Controller teacher only has a rating of 60.