Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 76 Discussion/77 Predictions

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God by SIU

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    Only irregulars may challenge the floor guardian, so Baam is a irregular right? Or he only was able to do so because Rachel was also taking the test? I prefer to believe both are irregulars since both were in the first floor and the author was trying to mislead us with the red giant....
    He did not challenge the guardian, the guardian gave him a test to pass the floor. That's the same treatment a regular gets too.
    Well the only sure thing is that Rachel definitely is an irregular because Headon clearly states that she was not chosen by the tower. He further refers to Baam as "Our Guest has arrived", I do not know if that means he wasn't chosen as well :/ only thing that irritates me is that Headon behaviour to Rachel is completely different to the way he acted around Baam.
    My guess is that someone planned for Baam to reach the tower and Rachel was merely there so she got transferred by accident. Or maybe not, Headon seems so wicked that he could very well behave this way to get a certain reaction from Rachel, the same way he manipulated Baam too.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Wow, such difference in the artwork... I personally think that it is getting better. If we compare it, I think Lahel looks more realistic but at the same time more comic-ish. which is not a bad thing. It is smoother and more comfortable to look at. Great job from SIU, how much he had improved!
    yeah I think the same and yet there is something to the old art I like as well. It seemed more "stylish", the current art is more refined but lost a bit of it's charm (at least to me).

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Which chapter shows Serena Rinnen's flashback? I don't remember, but she was talking to Ho when it happened...
    yup that's what I meant. Still the wiki says she was at the first floor and then got teleported by Headon. I guess everyone talks to him but he decides if a test (and what difficulty) is necessary.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

No,no. She was in some city in the outer tower, Headon appeared before her and teleported her to the inner tower, directely to the second floor.

Only irregular have the option to get tested by the floor guardian right? Koon requested it to the director (always forget her name, the coffee addicted), the director said "only irregulars", then Baam ploclaimed he was an irregular and everyone got surprised....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Which chapter shows Serena Rinnen's flashback? I don't remember, but she was talking to Ho when it happened...
    FOund it : it's 43

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No,no. She was in some city in the outer tower, Headon appeared before her and teleported her to the inner tower, directely to the second floor.

Only irregular have the option to get tested by the floor guardian right? Koon requested it to the director (always forget her name, the coffee addicted), the director said "only irregulars", then Baam ploclaimed he was an irregular and everyone got surprised....
    ah yeah, seems you are right.

well I guess it's a given that Baam is an irregular then. Rachel didn't open the door (to the tower) though, that means either Baam opened it unconciously or someone opened it for him and Rachel was dragged along.

I still get the feeling that Rachels betrayal was planned by the higher ups. In chapter 56 the director speaks to himself, saying "A wave big enough to shake the tower is about to form". That alone proves that he/she is not acting like she is supposed to do because the second floor tests are used to wipe out anyone that could be a threat against the tower.

Then in chapter 58 he acts surprised by the fact that Koon wants to take a test from the Guardian and that Baam is an irregular but you can clearly see him smirk when Baam announced it.
    In chapter 55 he further states that he will help Ren to get rid of Anak Zahard.

All this makes me believe that he planned to either kill Baam or use him for something else right from the start. I'm pretty sure he worked together with Rachel too.

Took another look at chapter 55.
    Koon gets told by the red haired girl (who is working together with Rachel) that Ho is jealous of Baam. Koon then made Quant protect her. This way Rachel and the red haired girl made sure that Ho would attack her but that she would fail at killing her ---> Rachel can pretend to be not able to walk.
    Now the message to attack Rachel most likely came from herself or the red haired girl who got informed by the Director that they would be in the same team (Quoting Koon from chap 56 who said "It's as if the culprit knew that Rachel and Ho were going to be on the same team").
    So my theory is that all this was already planned before the Hide-and-Seek test even started <___< what do you guys think?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Chapter 76 is...

No sympathy yet so far. Throwing someone who devoted his life for you, derived by anger and envy... What a complicated girl.

Seriously, that sounds like one of local movies we often have here, with the amnesia and all.

I think things would be interested if he didn't forget. I'm not yet sure what would he turned out to be; either completely pissed off getting betrayed like that or still as devoted as usual, or maybe even as far as you, having amnesia and such. I only wish that he could start anew this way; poor Baam.

Do you think one/some of the administrators faked his death to get him away from Rachel and to give him a fresh start, new chance to go after her for whatever reason he now has?
    That's the thing that makes her interesting to begin with. SIU did a great job in creating a complex character like Lahel/Rachel. I mean, I really hate her but on the other hand I really, want to know, on which point, she decided to get rid of Baam. Did she propose the deal (of getting rid of Baam) to Headon or did he propose it?

I don't think that the Administartors, who are working in accordance with the Tower's law made by Zahard, would risk their entire existence for an Irregular. I mean these guys, Rankers, Administrator etc. have been portrayed as being 'selfish', who tossed other people whether companion or opponent out of the competition just for one simple reason to climb to the top of the Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Now that Chapter was fairly interesting, especially after reading Chapter 1 and 2 again.
    For once I don't really understand Headon yet, he seems to have no interest in Lahel and yet he showed great interest in Baam, even though going by the logic Lahel should be the "Irregular" and Baam a "Regular", at least if chosen means "Regular".

Headon complety fools Baam and Yuri by saying he would be an irregular then. On the other hand Headon's ridiculous test doesn't make much sense when he knew Baam's a regular or maybe he forced Lahel's test upon him because he exactly knew who Baam was talking about.
    I was quite curious about Headon from the start but this development made me even more curious, I can't shake off the feeling that he had a concrete plan in mind when he chose Baam.

Really looking forward to the next chapter, so far it doesn't seem like Lahel at any plans against Baam at this point of the story. I guess we will see another 1 or chapters of Rachel Flashback to understand why it has come to this.
    To me it looks like Headon has his own secret agenda. With this chapter I have now, the confirmation, that he is indeed planning something due to Ajumma's flashback, which seemed to hint that Headon might be an important character to the storyline. I mean, he gave/proposed a test to Lahel/Rachel, which is designed to test Irregular's. Even though he was aware that Lahel/Rachel wasn't the Irregular, that opened the door. In addition he even 'forced' Yuri to hand over the black march to Baam, by fully knowing the consequence of Yuri's fate!! He is definetly a character to look out for.

I'm also looking forward to the development as to when she decided to get rid of Baam. But my gut feeling tells me, that her decision is somehow related to her dream. IIRC in that very dream, she climbed to the top of the Tower and reached the stars whereas Baam did the same but with a difference. The difference was that she tossed everyone that is dear to her, whereas Baam decided to keep them and Lahel/Rachel wasn't among Baam's dearest.

I can't imagine how Baam will react to the recent events... Will he want revenge? Will he seek explanations? Or maybe he will find another motivation? The first one seems out of character, the second one is no good for fans who are pissed and want Baam to be more manly, and I can't imagine the third one....
    I personally think that Baam, will find a new motivation. I hope that he will try to do anything to not being alone anymore. After all these years, he found his 'stars', which are his new found friends.

ah yeah, seems you are right.

well I guess it's a given that Baam is an irregular then. Rachel didn't open the door (to the tower) though, that means either Baam opened it unconciously or someone opened it for him and Rachel was dragged along.

I still get the feeling that Rachels betrayal was planned by the higher ups. In chapter 56 the director speaks to himself, saying "A wave big enough to shake the tower is about to form". That alone proves that he/she is not acting like she is supposed to do because the second floor tests are used to wipe out anyone that could be a threat against the tower.

Then in chapter 58 he acts surprised by the fact that Koon wants to take a test from the Guardian and that Baam is an irregular but you can clearly see him smirk when Baam announced it.
    In chapter 55 he further states that he will help Ren to get rid of Anak Zahard.

All this makes me believe that he planned to either kill Baam or use him for something else right from the start. I'm pretty sure he worked together with Rachel too.

Took another look at chapter 55.
    Koon gets told by the red haired girl (who is working together with Rachel) that Ho is jealous of Baam. Koon then made Quant protect her. This way Rachel and the red haired girl made sure that Ho would attack her but that she would fail at killing her ---> Rachel can pretend to be not able to walk.
    Now the message to attack Rachel most likely came from herself or the red haired girl who got informed by the Director that they would be in the same team (Quoting Koon from chap 56 who said "It's as if the culprit knew that Rachel and Ho were going to be on the same team").
    So my theory is that all this was already planned before the Hide-and-Seek test even started <___< what do you guys think?
    Hmm...didn't you guys notice that the door to the tower is placed on the ground?

It seems like Baam did open the door to the tower not once but twice!! So I'd think, he first opened it unconciously and later decided to follow Lahel and opened it conciously. So by definition he is indeed an Irregular but the question still remains, what the hell is then Lahel/Rachel??

No, I think that Lahel's betrayal was her method to stay under Zahard's radar. I mean, the regulars consists of an not acknowledged Zahard princess, Anak, the two Irregulars, Baam and Akryung. Lahel, doesn't fall under any category due to her not being a 'true regular'. IMO she took the opportunity to not get the attention of Zahard due to her own circumstance.

It could also be that Headon might be working with Yu Hansung or rather using him. In order to let Lahel/Rachel climb to the top of the Tower and cause an uproar there that might shake the Tower itself due to her being rejected by the Tower itself. I for one know, that the story will get even better from this point onwards.
    Last edited by Host Samurai; December 23, 2011 at 03:49 AM.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

well this is what i think
    Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    Hey may be its like this. Baam was the irregular but he didnt have any incentive to go into the tower. Rachel was touching Baam remember so may be when they were talking abt entering tower the door was forced open and the one who wanted to go ie rachel went in by sheer will power through the opened door.
    Headon was expecting the real irregular and so was pissed with the phony and said all that . After that Baam really got the incentive to enter tower he of course being the true irregular and possessing the power to barge into the tower came it and headon was happy abt it finally.
    ---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

some tacits that Baam is irregular
    1, 2, 3, 4
    though all of the claims that he is an irregular is made By him so i guess no one knows for sure , nd even if he is not an irregular the feats that he shows is good enough for him to be the next mr boss after Mazino

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Going by these past few chapters, it's clear that Lahel is not as nice as she seems. Between participating in that slaughter that killed 130 testees, Androssi's comments on her personality, and Headon's assessment this chapter, Lahel is far more ruthless than she appears. Only in Baam's presence does her good-side show. Lahel is a mother-figure to Baam and its even possible she harbored undefined romantic feelings towards him. Yet the current situation between the two forced her hand. I am going to play devil's advocate here against people screaming outrage over Lahel's actions, which to be honest are justified.

Looking at this flashback, however, its becoming clear that Lahel probably rationalizes her actions as a "necessary evil". Baam has gotten himself nearly killed on several occassions as he climbed the Tower because of Lahel and Lahel is clearly worried and fearful that Baam will actually die because of her. Keep in mind too that Baam being an Irregular is common knowledge now and that the higher-ups will do everything in their power to remove him. That would mean Baam as well as several other people in the party would get killed if their actions succeeded. With Baam "dead" now, however, a fresh slot has been given to Lahel and everyone else.

The flashback also hasn't ended. Lahel pushing Baam out of the bubble is clearly a last-minute plan. It's very well possible that she made hasty arrangements for Baam's survival and her parting words for Baam are to persuade Baam to quit looking for her. All of this was to give Baam a fresh-start as well as Lahel no longer having to wrestle with the prospect of Baam's death on her conscience.

On a side note, I suspect her motives also tie in to jealously. For Baam to succeed where she failed and acquiring friends along the way. It was commented repeatedly that Baam "shines" and that some people cannot stand to be in his presence without being overwhelmed by envy, fear, etc. Lahel once had a dream of seeing the stars and invited Baam to come to her side... Only for Baam to ignore her because of his comrades. Jealously and her heightened fear of losing Baam pushed her to "kill" Baam.

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    Hey may be its like this. Baam was the irregular but he didnt have any incentive to go into the tower. Rachel was touching Baam remember so may be when they were talking abt entering tower the door was forced open and the one who wanted to go ie rachel went in by sheer will power through the opened door.
    Headon was expecting the real irregular and so was pissed with the phony and said all that . After that Baam really got the incentive to enter tower he of course being the true irregular and possessing the power to barge into the tower came it and headon was happy abt it finally.
    Baam was chosen by the Tower but Lahel hijacked his ride instead. Afterwards Baam forced the door to open in pursuit of Lahel. That's why Headon has referred Baam as both an Irregular and a Regular at the same time. That's also why he calls Lahel all those nasty words since Lahel can't even force the doors to open and instead bummed her way into the Tower.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post

Looking at this flashback, however, its becoming clear that Lahel probably rationalizes her actions as a "necessary evil". Baam has gotten himself nearly killed on several occassions as he climbed the Tower because of Lahel and Lahel is clearly worried and fearful that Baam will actually die because of her. Keep in mind too that Baam being an Irregular is common knowledge now and that the higher-ups will do everything in their power to remove him. That would mean Baam as well as several other people in the party would get killed if their actions succeeded. With Baam "dead" now, however, a fresh slot has been given to Lahel and everyone else.

The flashback also hasn't ended. Lahel pushing Baam out of the bubble is clearly a last-minute plan. It's very well possible that she made hasty arrangements for Baam's survival and her parting words for Baam are to persuade Baam to quit looking for her. All of this was to give Baam a fresh-start as well as Lahel no longer having to wrestle with the prospect of Baam's death on her conscience.

On a side note, I suspect her motives also tie in to jealously. For Baam to succeed where she failed and acquiring friends along the way. It was commented repeatedly that Baam "shines" and that some people cannot stand to be in his presence without being overwhelmed by envy, fear, etc. Lahel once had a dream of seeing the stars and invited Baam to come to her side... Only for Baam to ignore her because of his comrades. Jealously and her heightened fear of losing Baam pushed her to "kill" Baam.
    ya i agree with the jealous part, she was jealous of Baam for being able to go ahead of her and being able to amass so many comrades to aid him to go above. Further more for him she had her legs gone i think i remember that the admin delayed the healing process or sth so that she is injured an Baam comes out to meet the guardian.
    So i suppose she has been having some sort of trauma and did what she did
    i understand it but i dont sympathies it, its a nasty and a horrendous thing to do what she did and she has no guilt painted on her.
    she lied blatantly then she pretended to faint to get ppls support and show how hurt she is. later she seemed to be totally fine apart from being 'tired'

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the ToG fanbase Frankie!

Interesting thought that Baam is a irregular and regular at the same time. That is the explanation that makes more sense...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the ToG fanbase Frankie!

Interesting thought that Baam is a irregular and regular at the same time. That is the explanation that makes more sense...
    That makes him special from the other Irregulars too. Which is something that I approve of.

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I've thought that maybe the irregulars are the ones really chosen by the tower and that the fact they forced the door is a rumor created by Zahard
    This also makes sense considering that Zahard himself was one and doesn't want that someone might end his reign. But if that really is the case, then how does the Tower 'choose'? With the recent chapter it's obvious, that the chosen one must fullfil a requirement, which leads to the question, what specificially the requirement is? I hope that SIU will reveal the answer to the question someday.

@Eros and shaheer: I finally got my christmas present that is my new signature^^. Now the three Musketeers promoting ToG is complete.
    Last edited by Host Samurai; December 24, 2011 at 08:52 AM.

Credits:Shinsatsu

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Great! First step is win the best manhwa awaed, then give Charlie and phio more work by earning a forum! Muahahahahaha (evil laugh)

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

hehehe well not to forget Naruto we can annoy Niichan for the sub, the manhwa awards will be tough esp against Breaker.
    @host 3 muskeeters it is

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting how the artwork has been changed over time, personally, I actually like more baam design from the beginning, the artwork is more raw, less refined, more original, thats the way i would describe it.
    Now it is more shounen-ish.

About the plot, I have no doubts that Baam is an Irregular, there shouldn't be any.
    But i'm a bit confused about Lahel being one or not. Actually I believe that Lahel in order to go to the next floor she did arrange an agreement about dispose of Baam in order to proceed in the climb of the tower.

Now (unlike in the previous chapter), i'm interested in what the author has saved for us. I'm really intrigued now! Can't wait.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

nother new member in TOG FC welcome man
    as for the next chap ya we are all intrigued esp since the epilogue will last till 78 nd then its rumored that author will take a break
    how long is a question yet to be answered.
    So we are expecting Baams conditions to be revealed soon, i mean b4 season 2 starts

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not new fan of TOG, post number #102 on this thread was my first.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast