Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Irregulars

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Irregulars

Uki, i think here SIU exaplains about Irregulars.
    Spoiler show

According SIU, if Headon doesn't choose you, then you are a Irregular, what a troll xD.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow thanks a lot Ara!! I will safe that pic in my secret file of ToG essencials!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hwa Ryun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see Phantaminum in action

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hwa Ryun View Post
    I can't wait to see Phantaminum in action
    I doubt that'll ever happen. In TUS, maybe, but not in TOG. You see, Phanta is an Exis, meaning he'd instapwn everyone who's not an Exis, and SIU mentioned that TOG won't be a story about Exis. SIU has enough monstrously strong chars to choose from if he wants someone to shine, though (Urek, the family head mentioned to appear and almost whichever High Ranker).
    Phanta doesn't even have a role in the story other than being legendary.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    I doubt that'll ever happen. In TUS, maybe, but not in TOG. You see, Phanta is an Exis, meaning he'd instapwn everyone who's not an Exis, and SIU mentioned that TOG won't be a story about Exis. SIU has enough monstrously strong chars to choose from if he wants someone to shine, though (Urek, the family head mentioned to appear and almost whichever High Ranker).
    Phanta doesn't even have a role in the story other than being legendary.
    Seems a bit weird for Phanta not to be featured (at the very least in flashbacks) when someone who will most likely become a major character in the future (Urek) entered the tower because of him. Also, where did SIU say that TOG wont be a story about Exis?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Seems a bit weird for Phanta not to be featured (at the very least in flashbacks) when someone who will most likely become a major character in the future (Urek) entered the tower because of him. Also, where did SIU say that TOG wont be a story about Exis?
    I seriously don't remember (and I'm too lazy to look it up ), but it really fixed in my mind. Because after the introduction of the concept of Exis, the first thing that came into my mind is that Baam will awaken as well, but then all other chars will become superfodder, and then the cast would have to be exchanged for Exis or Baam stop being the main char (see DBZ). I wouldn't like that, and that piece of info assured me it won't happen. But if you think about it, it makes sense.

The problem with Exis is that they're just too impossibly powerful. In fact, some excerpts from SIU's blog can be viewed as flashbacks, and I'm not saying the topic of Phanta won't be ever touched, but Urek already found out what'd happen if they fought, hence Loserek Mazino. He's like the god of TOG.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    I seriously don't remember (and I'm too lazy to look it up ), but it really fixed in my mind. Because after the introduction of the concept of Exis, the first thing that came into my mind is that Baam will awaken as well, but then all other chars will become superfodder, and then the cast would have to be exchanged for Exis or Baam stop being the main char (see DBZ). I wouldn't like that, and that piece of info assured me it won't happen. But if you think about it, it makes sense.

The problem with Exis is that they're just too impossibly powerful. In fact, some excerpts from SIU's blog can be viewed as flashbacks, and I'm not saying the topic of Phanta won't be ever touched, but Urek already found out what'd happen if they fought, hence Loserek Mazino. He's like the god of TOG.
    Well if Baam does become an exis, we don't know when that would happen. If it happens towards the end of the series as he is fighting Phanta (if he fights phanta) then that wouldn't be too much of a problem. Besides, if he truly does reach the level of Zahard/Urek then everyone besides them, Phanta and Enryu will become superfodder to him anyway, exis or not.

Here is an interesting link about Exes/Phanta if anyone hasn't read it

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Whether Phantaminum makes an appearance or not, I don't know what would be so interesting about him in a battle. He is an Exis after all, the only known one in ToG and one of the 5 most powerful Exes in the universe. IIrc, the author stated that he can destroy the Tower in an instant. I would only like to see him in battle as a human being (flashback). As mysterious as he may be, if he ever makes an appearance in the present story (he will most likely), I hope it will be more of a story lesson, revelation or explanation about the Tower.

Irregulars like Mazino or Enryu are much more interesting, when it comes to fighting imo. Both are said to have a beautiful fighting style.

Hell, if I could choose someone to see in action right here right now, it would be Lero-Ro.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't expect Phantaminum to be involved in any kind of plot either... but I do expect to have a glimpse of him passing by/leaving the tower.
    It could be like how Mazino was introduced(without the fight), in a sense that some characters just happen to pass by him and everyone will be like "zomg that was phantaminum!"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    I don't expect Phantaminum to be involved in any kind of plot either... but I do expect to have a glimpse of him passing by/leaving the tower.
    It could be like how Mazino was introduced(without the fight), in a sense that some characters just happen to pass by him and everyone will be like "zomg that was phantaminum!"
    IF TOG is restricted to the Tower purpose only and up to the explored portion then yes i think so too but if for some reason it takes some swipe at the outside world or to the unexplored areas then i think phantaminum will play a role minor or major

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apellon's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

what is weird to me is that they came in the tower , but apprently not on their own choice but by the will of FUG ...

it feels a little concerning that the FUG could extend their power to the outside world , in so much a fact that they are able to bring 2 irregulars in the tower ???
    Last edited by apellon; April 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

they didn't come by the will of the FUG.
    Headon can be working for the FUG, but he wasn't the one to pick Baam, he was there to welcome him

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why Irregulars who entered with Zahard are bound to make a contract like if they were regulars. I recall that while Zahard is inside the tower, they cannot kill him.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Accepting Headon's offer to enter the Tower binds you in some sort of contract with him. Irregulars are not bound to that specific contract, but are still free to make other sorts of contracts with any guardian as they please.

Edit: Oh, I misunderstood. I don't know why you think that the irregulars who entered with Zahard, the 10 Family Heads, made a contract like if they were regulars. There isn't anything to indicate that they aren't capable of killing Zahard, if they were strong enough.
    Last edited by Dacomp89; April 17, 2013 at 04:51 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    I wonder why Irregulars who entered with Zahard are bound to make a contract like if they were regulars. I recall that while Zahard is inside the tower, they cannot kill him.
    Where was it said that they had to make contracts? Are you referring to Baam making a contract with the 2nd floor guardian?

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast