Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Irregulars

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Irregulars

Why not? I still have in my mind a phrase of the Zahard princess: "I know that I shouldn't mess up with her" or something like that. I doubt that is only because his defender. Something else there is.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Androssi said that it seemed Lahel wasn't from the same place as them right? Lahel's obcession with the stars also suggest that she is from outside the tower, that is enough to think she may be a irregular....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Baam really an irregular?

I was just wandering because in Rachel's flashback when she woke up on the floor that thing said that she isn't the person who should have arrived. So that means Baam was selected but instead Rachel was teleported.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I like your sense of humour.
    Quote sigs are getting more and more mainstream.
    No way, a third quote would be creepy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Baam really an irregular?

Yes, he is - there's no indication for the opposite to be true. Baam and Rachel were teleported, it's just that Rachel arrived a bit sooner.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Baam is the true irregular since he was chosen by the tower, Rachel is more of an irregular irregular since she fell through when Baam opened the door.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like only Irregulars chosen by the tower have the real power. But why does the tower choose to bring them in? What is the tower trying to prove by doing this?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well Baam is the true irregular since he was chosen by the tower, Rachel is more of an irregular irregular since she fell through when Baam opened the door.
    I have a confusion there. According to wiki, a chosen regular (better known as Regular) is a being chosen by Headon and permitted by the Zahard Empire to climb the Tower. And an irregular is a being who enter the Tower by opening its doors. Politically, Irregulars are viewed as beings who have entered the Tower and in turn, the Inner Tower, "without being chosen by the Tower" to enter.

Then why the tower chose Baam, an irregular, to enter? That is said in some chapters, and it's also what you are saying. Are irregular chosen by the tower or not?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think irregular r chosen by the tower .

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    i dont think irregular r chosen by the tower .
    First there:

Spoiler show

and later when Baam arrives, he is a guest Headon was waiting for:

Spoiler show

and here in Rachel's line nd in the same dialogue between her and Headon:

Spoiler show

According to those chapters from the epilogue to the first volume, Baam was selected by the tower. And later it's confirmed that Baam is an irregular....

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Technically, regulars are chosen by Headon, who is not necessarily "the Tower." He's some sort of special guardian of the Tower, but perhaps "the Tower" itself has some sort of will. Baam most certainly opened the doors himself, but he had no idea what he was doing or even what the Tower was, so perhaps the fact that his "power" guided him to opening the doors means that he was chosen by the Tower. Rachel is an irregular because she went through the door without being chosen by Headon, but she only got through because Baam had opened the way and not for any reason that had to do with her, making her "not chosen" by the Tower.

Another interpretation is that although she entered the Tower, she doesn't have the strength to climb it, meaning she wasn't "chosen" by the Tower to be capable of fulfilling her wish. Additionally, Headon was being quite sadistic in their conversation, so I think he may have also been trying to break her spirit so that she would be willing to be a pawn in his plan.
    Last edited by Dacomp89; March 20, 2013 at 12:22 PM.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    Technically, regulars are chosen by Headon, who is not necessarily "the Tower." He's some sort of special guardian of the Tower, but perhaps "the Tower" itself has some sort of will. Baam most certainly opened the doors himself, but he had no idea what he was doing or even what the Tower was, so perhaps the fact that his "power" guided him to opening the doors means that he was chosen by the Tower. Rachel is an irregular because she went through the door without being chosen by Headon, but she only got through because Baam had opened the way and not for any reason that had to do with her, making her "not chosen" by the Tower.

Another interpretation is that although she entered the Tower, she doesn't have the strength to climb it, meaning she wasn't "chosen" by the Tower to be capable of fulfilling her wish. Additionally, Headon was being quite sadistic in their conversation, so I think he may have also been trying to break her spirit so that she would be willing to be a pawn in his plan.
    Possible. This is a point alredy unexplained by the story. SIU will have to deal with it later, I suppose. I also has thought that the tower is a being with a will. But, that's just a conjecture.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I get it as the tower having a own will. Headon choose regulars from the outer tower by his own standard.
    The tower pick people individuals from outside that shows some kind of great hability(We could argue that baam was choose because he's a genius, he's fearless or both of them). So the irregular are chosen, but they are chosen becauses of their ability... so they open the door with their own power(the tower let them open the door).
    Rachael is an irregular because she was not choosen by Headon, yet she's not a "common" regular because she went in riding baam's ticket. What bothers me most is from where she was. She had access to baam and could get in and out as she pleased, so she's from outside the tower... but she had some knowledge about the tower and wished to go there. We know that she wanted to see stars, so she's not from a common world or something like that. Maybe she was from the outer tower and she knew how to get out(as mazino wants to do)? Or the place where baam lived is some kind of annex of the tower(there was a zahard symbol there).
    I think that we'll have to wait a looooong time to get this answers, probably near the end of the story

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I have a confusion there. According to wiki, a chosen regular (better known as Regular) is a being chosen by Headon and permitted by the Zahard Empire to climb the Tower. And an irregular is a being who enter the Tower by opening its doors. Politically, Irregulars are viewed as beings who have entered the Tower and in turn, the Inner Tower, "without being chosen by the Tower" to enter.

Then why the tower chose Baam, an irregular, to enter? That is said in some chapters, and it's also what you are saying. Are irregular chosen by the tower or not?
    The irregulars are certainly chosen by the tower (well, Rachel being the exception I guess), it's been stated numerous times. Where does it say that they are not chosen by the tower? They're not chosen by Zahard's system sure, maybe what you quoted was just said as a propaganda tactic by Zahard to turn people against the irregulars.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    The irregulars are certainly chosen by the tower (well, Rachel being the exception I guess), it's been stated numerous times. Where does it say that they are not chosen by the tower? They're not chosen by Zahard's system sure, maybe what you quoted was just said as a propaganda tactic by Zahard to turn people against the irregulars.
    Thanks a lot man. Your comments always help me. Where does it says it? Here:

Spoiler show

Facts are:
    • Princess Yuri thinks and says irregulars are not chosen by the tower. Headon doesn't contradict her in their dialogue. (Chapter 1-2)
    • In their dialogue with Rachel, Headon calls Baam 'the guest'. Rachel calls Baam ' a chosen one'. (Chapter 1-77)

So, I understand your idea about the propaganda and also all wiki's use of term 'political' in the description of what is an irregular. I understand it this way: Zahard system refers to irregular as 'people not chosen by the tower', and advertise the statenment that they are not welcome and that nobody like them.

But Headon knows that the irregulars, or at least Baam has been invited (because he is the guest).

So the differences between the definition of an irregular, are not a plot hole or a mistake by SIU, but they correspond to two different ideas that the inhabitants of the tower have about the irregulars. Those difference reflects a political and internal conflict between different powers. What you think?

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Actually there is clear evidence that Headon is a member or is allied of FUG, as this panels show:

Spoiler show

At the bottom of the tower, Headon lets Rachel to be the heroine of the story (chapter 1-2), and when Rachel succesfully betraies Baam, Hya Riun, a confirmed member of FUG, congratulates her for the achievement to have became the heroine (chapter 1-77).

So some trues about irregulars could be hidden by Zahard to those inhabitants of the tower ruled by him.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 20, 2013 at 09:53 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Thanks a lot man. Your comments always help me. Where does it says it? Here:

Spoiler show

Facts are:
    • Princess Yuri thinks and says irregulars are not chosen by the tower. Headon doesn't contradict her in their dialogue. (Chapter 1-2)
    • In their dialogue with Rachel, Headon calls Baam 'the guest'. Rachel calls Baam ' a chosen one'. (Chapter 1-77)

So, I understand your idea about the propaganda and also all wiki's use of term 'political' in the description of what is an irregular. I understand it this way: Zahard system refers to irregular as 'people not chosen by the tower', and advertise the statenment that they are not welcome and that nobody like them.

But Headon knows that the irregulars, or at least Baam has been invited (because he is the guest).

So the differences between the definition of an irregular, are not a plot hole or a mistake by SIU, but they correspond to two different ideas that the inhabitants of the tower have about the irregulars. Those difference reflects a political and internal conflict between different powers. What you think?

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Actually there is clear evidence that Headon is a member or is allied of FUG, as this panels show:

Spoiler show

At the bottom of the tower, Headon lets Rachel to be the heroine of the story (chapter 1-2), and when Rachel succesfully betraies Baam, Hya Riun, a confirmed member of FUG, congratulates her for the achievement to have became the heroine (chapter 1-77).

So some trues about irregulars could be hidden by Zahard to those inhabitants of the tower ruled by him.
    Well we know that Regulars aren't chosen by the tower so Yuri's statement is false. If they were chosen by the tower then they would be able to take the guardian tests, i.e. the true tests of the tower, rather than have to progress through Zahard's system. On the other hand Irregulars are free to take guardian tests, they can use shinsoo without a contract and they are exempt from Zahard's contracts with the guardians, those facts alone should indicate that irregulars are the true chosen ones. If people found out that Zahard, who is supposedly the king of the tower, doesn't get to decide who the chosen ones of the tower are then that would destroy his reputation so this form of propaganda would make sense.

As for Headon, he clearly has a plan which involves Baam, Rachel and FUG. We can't say for sure whether he is FUG's ally, he could just be using them for his own ends.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast