Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Best naive characters

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Best naive characters

I think its tough to make impressive 'naive' characters. Or may be 'simple-minded' is the word i'm searching for, but i think you all know what i'm trying to mean. Contrary to what many mangakas, specially shonen mangakas seem to believe, naive characters aren't that easily 'lovable'. Sometimes they can be irritating, or hard to relate to, or too one dimensional. So what characters do you think have overcome these bugs to actually become your favorites?

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

My list(no particular order): 1. Gon Frisk 2. Onizuka(forgotten his full name) 3. Seiichiro kitano

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best naive characters

Kanzaki Nao – She is very naïve and good-hearted, but she is actually one of my favorite characters in Liar Game. Moreover, as the series progresses we (the fans or at least me) come to realize that there are more layers to her character so she becomes less one-dimensional and more interesting as the series progresses.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; December 27, 2011 at 09:30 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Kanzaki Nao – She is very naïve and good-hearted, but she is actually one of my favorite characters in Liar Game. Moreover, as the series progresses we (the fans or at least me) come to realize that there are more layers to her character so she becomes less one-dimensional and more interesting as the series progresses.
    I love Nao. She was so naive it hurt, but her character development has become really evident in recent chapters.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Phenom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually I can't stand naive characters. I find them to be almost as annoying as damsels. However, the only exception to that is Allen Walker from D-Grayman. As naive as this boy is I don't find it anywhere near as annoying and because he actually uses his brain sorta cancel out his naive-ness imo.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo from Bleach is the only naive character I actually enjoy reading about. The occasional badass moments he has sometimes make up for his severe naivety.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kanzaki Nao is the first character in my mind. Unlike many other examples i can think of, her naivete and character development is the center of the plot.

New Reply