Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beelzebub 138 Discussion

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Beelzebub 138 Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Beelzebub.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dolly12's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 138 Spoiler Discussion Thread

haha baby beel getting older with black Techs that is an amazing side effect. Can´t wait when Redhawk or the chin version appears.
    I looking forward, to see image of the half awakining or complett what ever, this Chapter must be awesome. In my second tought i see a tear droping down my sleeping eyes, that the Sidestory or Sidecharachters was no time. But for this Year this Arc is closed i mean.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess he author wanted to make it faster... becouse the morning is coming... and we will start the arc. where hilda must regain her memories... since we did not even see lamia's mother between the pillars... maybe she might give some aid this time...

right now they all return home...but jabberwock said that the next time hilda wakes up she wont remember anything... so mostly the author wanted to jump right to it... the arc of hilda having no memories and oga and co. trying to find a way to regain hilda to the way she was...

ehh still no raw in sigh >__<

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

In one chapter (29 pages) everything came to an end. A really disappointing chapter. This was a natsu like win. That explanation, honestly I didn't get it. Right before Oga saying "father switch", I was really pumped up. Especially since the old guy put his glasses off, but that excitement was killed of instantly, as Oda explained his sudden power-up.

But regardless, this chapter was funny as hell. Many funny moments, Oga hitting En, Toujo crying to everyone walking to Furuis house. This manga is rly just for the funny moments.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the longer chapter. I'm sad that the author had to skip a lot of fights thanks to low ratings. We ended up skipping a lot of black techs or anti demon attacks. Heck even Tojou got the short end of the stick by still not having a demon partner.

I have to say though that the chapter was epic and hilarious. I thought Father time was a black tech at first and it might be too. I'm looking forward to more Beelzebub next year.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, this is one of the worst chapters the series had. I don't know if the editors made Tamura do 30 pages plus a center color just to cover up this mess or the editors just wanted to end this arc badly. This is how bad WSJ's sysytem affects a series. We just skipped like 20 chapter worth of fights and resolution for the plot.

I'm excited to see the next chapter though.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I never took the fights in this series seriously, I enjoy because of the humor... Jaberwock thinking Oda had awakened but he was only trying harder because he wanted to do what a father should do was hilarious! It is ggod he didn't get an asspull power up, but got stronger naturally! Tojou crying was funny as hell too!

About the skipped fights, I wanted to know how those guys were doing against demons... I still hope to discover about it soon...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Mhhh... I must say, I didn't like this rushed chapter either. Well, I liked it, but not as much as the others. I don't know if the fault lies within WSJ or it's just the author rushing through the otherwise boring fights (a policy I like a lot, actually. I'm sicked and tired of chapter and chapters wasted on a single fight, so that's a plus for me).

ABOUT OGA, all that happened is that he regained consciousness after switching with Beerubo. That's what I believe the "father switch" is. It's something Saotome-san already predicted when Super Milk Time was first introduced.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner natsu78's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    Seriously, this is one of the worst chapters the series had.
    I agree with this statement.

Hello everyone .I'm regular visitor here.I just decided to join today to voice my opinion over this chapter.

Although I'm seriously dissapointed over how the author has finished this arc.I am glad it is over now.The lack of comedy, appearance of the side characters after their entrance made the last part of the arc look even worse. I think it was expected that Aoi would shine in these upcoming battles.The fact that she got owned very quickly made all that training that she had done useless.To make it look even worse she was made to accept the help of enemy whom she had already defeated quite easily prior to learning the black techs.I was hoping to at least see the conclusion of her fight with pillar heads.I think the next chapter will be Oga's dream involving the 3rd session in court.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

So I was right in previous discussion, about Oga win Jabberwock in this chapter.
    The chapter was great, but disappointing.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 138 Discussion/139 Predictions

im a little disappointed that the arc was sorta rushed but the chapter was pretty good none the less. oga being so nice to en was cool and i assume he will be in the series more now...though i cant wait for his explanation about en to his parents . hopfully the next arc ranks well so it doesnt get rushed like this arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I never took the fights in this series seriously, I enjoy because of the humor... Jaberwock thinking Oda had awakened but he was only trying harder because he wanted to do what a father should do was hilarious! It is ggod he didn't get an asspull power up, but got stronger naturally! Tojou crying was funny as hell too!

About the skipped fights, I wanted to know how those guys were doing against demons... I still hope to discover about it soon...
    But the most of the Comedy or great moments come from or inna fight. So we could say in the loosing fights, there were a place for lot of comedy. Special the Part with Aoi and the traitor was looking good for a nice part. So it´s really interisting. was this a part of editors or Tamura sensei. But Comedy was great my favorit Moment of this Chapter, Aoi´s Face seeing Baby Beel urination period. Baby Beel smile like happy.

For what i am really missing, maybe like Jabberwock say it, we are expectet some Awesome Attack. Is this a Part of englisch Comedy or sarcasm. You must be able to laugh over yourself to love what u make. XD

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 138 Discussion/139 Predictions

Baby Beel with teeth *____* so cuteeee!

Other than that, I agree with the general sentiment here - the chapter was way rushed and the battle felt unsatisfactory as a result. I can't really see how Oga's power-up was better than a standard asspull power-up. In my opinion it differed little from one. It made his Black Techs training seem pretty useless when at the end of the day the main reason why he won was because he felt responsible for the safety of Beel. While him feeling responsible is all fine and good, I can't help but feel that this came out of nowhere - it just felt a little out of character.

While I hate it when chapters on end are spent covering a single battle, it would have been nice to see at least a bit of the other battles before seeing the conclusion of the biggest battle. This just cheapens the whole thing, including all the training everyone went through, imo. But then again, like ErosVp said, this manga has always been about the comedy, and logic was never the focus, so...

Beelzebub has been a popular series for a long time, so I don't really think its low rankings on the TOC as of late is the cause of this rushed story. It's not like it's a new series or one that has been floundering at the bottom for a really long time, so I don't think Jump has any plans to cancel it anytime soon. It's not going to be the next Psyren, definitely not when it's still got an anime on air.

Anyway, I suppose the next few chapters will take it easy (less action, more lulz), which is not something I'm against. I wonder if Jabberwock will be proven right. He said in chapter 137 that when Hilda wakes up, she won't remember anything. If that really is the case, I'm sure Tamura-sensei can work some of his magic and give us lots of roflmao moments revolving around that

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast