Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beelzebub 138 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 138 Discussion/139 Predictions

Alot of the people at mangafox found this to be making fun of the whole getting a power up speul.

I liked this chapter, yes I'm irked that jabberwocks fight ended that early but there were alot of awesome momments, him dissing convinent ass pull power ups, the "would you please die already kick" and en burning the school down as well as toujo crying XD
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I can't really see how Oga's power-up was better than a standard asspull power-up. In my opinion it differed little from one. It made his Black Techs training seem pretty useless when at the end of the day the main reason why he won was because he felt responsible for the safety of Beel. While him feeling responsible is all fine and good, I can't help but feel that this came out of nowhere - it just felt a little out of character.
    You (and quite a few others) got it all wrong. Saotome already explained this during the training arc, by saying that Oga should have focused on reducing the time needed to regain consciusness after Super Milk Time. That's what happened. It's not an asspull, though the fight was indeed rushed a bit (but I like it anyway, since there are many more interesting things to see and Jabberwock isn't a final boss or anything, nor Oga is the typical shounen character that has to struggle every single time). Beelzebub is great also because it doesn't follow the "typical" shounen pace (which I find kind of repetitive, since it's seen in almost every shounen manga, with very, very few exceptions).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner natsu78's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that this arc is over.I think the next chapter will most likely be a trial session.Since Oga would be extremely tired of all the fighting, I guess he would immediately fall asleep as soon as he arrives home.
    Last edited by natsu78; December 27, 2011 at 03:04 PM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I've re-read the chapter 5 times now. This is how awesome Beelzebub is!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the situation has nothing to do with the TOCs. The TOCs related with the invasion started two issues ago and Beelzebub was high.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter felt so satisfying! I loved the first half especially-- mainly because Oga just fought with his fists and his instincts. I can understand why this came across as disappointing to some readers, but to me I was worried if Black Techs would get shoved aside for a shinier power-up, and it wasn't. Also, I really laughed out loud when Oga started using those convoluted attack names. xD

I think overall, it was a pretty good arc. I don't think we've seen the end of Jabberwock and Behemoth's Army, and I'm pretty sure they'll come up again in the near future. Plus, even though the "rescue" part of the arc ended, we still don't know what's going to happen once Hilda wakes up, nor do we know what En plans on doing. I'm guessing the next chapter will be an aftermath of sorts, hopefully with lots of En-Lamia-Furuichi interaction. =D

Again, I can see why people were disappointed, but there was something about this chapter that felt refreshing. I just can't see how else the arc would have ended without giving way to an even darker plot. The way it ended was appropriate because Beelzebub is a gag manga--and there will be those moments of hilarity and randomness that can solve even the most unbelievable of problems. So I'm fine with it.

Ok, so moments that I found amusing:

-Tojo must be superhuman. He was knocked out by Jabberwock, but he was actually conscious the whole time! And then....he was well enough to cry at all his hard work going up in flames. LOL
    -Oga and Beel bonding always pulls at my heartstrings. Beel's fangs look cute too.
    -I think I understand now why Lamia isn't close with her mother. The woman is a bit too cold.
    -The fact that both Yolda and Hilda are currently passed out makes me really curious to know what the heck is going to happen next chapter.
    -Furuichi's house is destined to be used and abused by the Beelzebub cast. xD

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    -The fact that both Yolda and Hilda are currently passed out makes me really curious to know what the heck is going to happen next chapter.
    Should we get our hopes high for a mass rape? XD

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I realize in a certain way this chapter might seem like an anticlimactic end to the whole Jabberwok thing to some; but I think you have to remember that Beelzebub isn't really a battle manga. It doesn't focus on that stuff, it's about the characters and the humor; and those are the elements that made enjoy this chapter so much.

I don't think this arc was ever really about having an epic battle for the school. I think it was about updating all of the characters to the point where they are no longer inferior to demons combat-wise and introducing a bunch of characters from the demon world.

As for where things go from here, I'm hoping Hilda is going to have a bit of an amnesia situation. Causing Oga and company to get even more exposed to the demon world and giving us some backstory on her along the way.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    And i got my magic moment of the early morning. No this wouls be the awesome funny arc that we ever will get. Both Yolda and Hilda are unconscious. But Hilda saw in her Master the little Boy, not the teeth elder Beelzeboy. When Hilda loose her memory and Lord´En still in human World. How will Hilda act when she see elder Beelzebub and Lord´En. Green Hair little different Face, but loosing memory. This can be magic comedy with mixed paaring, miss understandig. XD Hilda loves to play like she don´t know nothing.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I'm disappointed, it was still an acceptable and enjoyable chapter.
    The funniest thing was the attack names and oda has gotten hell of strong.
    Yeah, I remember that its more of a comedy manga and hopefully it stays that way. This chapter is funny in its own way too.
    In the future,
    there will be weirder demons coming in for sure.
    But its still a little anticlimatic

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirulito View Post
    I think the situation has nothing to do with the TOCs. The TOCs related with the invasion started two issues ago and Beelzebub was high.
    But you should know that they have this kind of early rankings in the editorial department (Bakuman), which I asume Tamura was notified with. Seeing that this chapter should have been done weeks before (maybe the same week after the consecutive awful rankings), it makes sense. It was rushed.

And other people saying this isn't really a battle manga, yeah, it isn't a full battle manga but one of Beelzebub's trait that separates it from other gag mangas out there is that it can have epic battles too without losing its humor.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree..but only to an extent. This arc, or the saga, had been dragging for a long time before the ranking
    of Beelzebub dropped.
    Maybe I don't read much but the only comedy+action manga I know is Gintama.
    When serious arcs occur in gintama, they only take a few chapters and most of the time that arc ends up epic with alot of action
    and a fair share of comedy too.
    On the other hand, this arc and it's fighting had been with us since the Demons first appeared, I can't say I hate them but...
    I really don't see them as serious and scary villains. And really, at times I felt like beelzebub is drifting off to a battle manga.

I get where people are coming when they say that Tamura should have given the other fights more time/character development etc.
    But I understand that Tamura wants to be done with this arc and the group of bad guys that had exceeded their stay.
    I guess I can try to be positive and say that at least he doesn't follow the standard shounen battle manga way.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    But you should know that they have this kind of early rankings in the editorial department (Bakuman), which I asume Tamura was notified with. Seeing that this chapter should have been done weeks before (maybe the same week after the consecutive awful rankings), it makes sense. It was rushed.

The same week after consecutive awful rankings?!
    Do you really believe this chapter was made 6 or 7 weeks ago? Tamura is a fucking workaholic genius if he could do that, being 6 or 7 weeks ahead.
    In other hand, a really good time has passed to clearly see the votes for chapter of the begginning of the invasion. Chapter 129 and 130 get 5th and 3rd positions. So I still stick with my guess.

I'm not discussing if it was rushed or not. I know it was rushed, I said that in previous chapter. What I'm saying now is that I believe it has nothing to do with the rankings with the info we have.

But you can be right, according to Bakuman, they have a unofficial ranking before the official one. So some of the lastest chapters could get bad positions. But with the info we have now, you can say it was because of the bad positions yet.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, every mangaka HAS TO provide WSJ a few chapters ahead of the current one. If it's not 6 or 7 it sure is at least 3-4 chapters.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    You (and quite a few others) got it all wrong. Saotome already explained this during the training arc, by saying that Oga should have focused on reducing the time needed to regain consciusness after Super Milk Time. That's what happened. It's not an asspull, though the fight was indeed rushed a bit (but I like it anyway, since there are many more interesting things to see and Jabberwock isn't a final boss or anything, nor Oga is the typical shounen character that has to struggle every single time). Beelzebub is great also because it doesn't follow the "typical" shounen pace (which I find kind of repetitive, since it's seen in almost every shounen manga, with very, very few exceptions).
    I know that what Oga achieved was a reduction of the time before he regained his consciousness. That part was fine. But he seemed to have become more powerful on top of that. And the reason? Beel's sped-up maturation and "Father Switch", which was because Oga seemed to suddenly awaken to his responsibility as Baby Beel's father/contractor. This, I felt, was a bit out of the blue, somewhat like those power-ups that come about when characters "think of their nakama". Jabberwock isn't the final boss, yes, but he was hyped up as being insanely powerful, and had previously owned Oga pretty bad, so IMO it was anticlimatic to see him get disposed off as easily as he was, and as quickly as he was.

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Actually, every mangaka HAS TO provide WSJ a few chapters ahead of the current one. If it's not 6 or 7 it sure is at least 3-4 chapters.
    They usually draw about 2 weeks ahead. Regardless, I don't think a couple of weeks of low rankings would lead to such a dramatic change of pace such that the battle became as rushed as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    And other people saying this isn't really a battle manga, yeah, it isn't a full battle manga but one of Beelzebub's trait that separates it from other gag mangas out there is that it can have epic battles too without losing its humor.
    Absolutely agree with this sentence. It's all about striking a balance, imo, and this chapter was good on the humor and not-so on the battle.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast