Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: 5K Chimeras being new Hunters?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was completely thrilled about it!

28 65.12%
  • I hate this turn of events. What were you thinking Togashi?

5 11.63%
  • I don't care as long as Gon wakes up.

10 23.26%
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 331 Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 331 Discussion / 332 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by v3g374 View Post
    I don't know why you guys think Pariston is some kind of a bad guy. He reminds me to the old man. Always smiling and you never know what's he thinking. And why is it that the chimera ants needs to be hunters? I didn't get that I thought they will be used as an exam to the next hunter candidates.
    The solely mention of Nen make them eligible candidates. It's like Illumi and Hisoka in certain way. It's unreasonable to think that they are a test since they would outclass almost every candidate BUT those as strong as Illumi or Hisoka able to kick their asses. And even so, we have no measure of their power so it could be even worst.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

A rookie nen user Killua trashed all the competition in his year, so that many nen users ants are dangerous!

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 331 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The relationship between Chidol and Gin makes me think Chidol is Gon's mother.
    I'm starting to feel like Pariston might be Hisoka's little brother.
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 331 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The relationship between Chidol and Gin makes me think Chidol is Gon's mother.
    To me it looks like he's her big brother and she's relying on him on everything.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking Gin is worried because the lockdown of voters might ruin Pariston plan to wait for X-day. A cornered Pariston might start to act, and that might be the reason why Gin became concerned.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that Ging would know about the plan to lock everyone down or at least figure it out beforehand (the same goes for Parriston). After all the rest of the zodiacs were put at the entrances to prevent hunters from leaving so why would he be excluded (besides "he's Ging"). But that's plausible I guess. Although "Parriston being cornered" may not be the best choice of words, he's smirking in the last panel we see him and that's what's worrying Ging. What are the chances that some of the bugs are already in the room impersonating hunters? Maybe Parriston wants to get rid of all the zodiacs once and for all when they're all gathered in one place for once? Nah...

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    I'm thinking Gin is worried because the lockdown of voters might ruin Pariston plan to wait for X-day. A cornered Pariston might start to act, and that might be the reason why Gin became concerned.
    But that would be good anyway, since it would be throwing out the "weapons" out. And that's always a good thing if you want to measure against someone.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, we already have half as many posts as in previous thread in a whole month O_O. That's a bit strange to me since IMO previous chapter was even better. I wasn't commenting on it only because I've had other things to do and most of the things were already discussed. This one however is more controversial and not everyone agrees with everyone (like in the case of bugs) . There's also more room for speculation and more unanswered questions. But I liked previous one better overall. Just wanted to point it out. Anyone else feels the same?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    BTW, we already have half as many posts as in previous thread in a whole month O_O. That's a bit strange to me since IMO previous chapter was even better. I wasn't commenting on it only because I've had other things to do and most of the things were already discussed. This one however is more controversial and not everyone agrees with everyone (like in the case of bugs) . There's also more room for speculation and more unanswered questions. But I liked previous one better overall. Just wanted to point it out. Anyone else feels the same?
    It is because even if the previous chapter was better this one made a revelation left more doubts... What will happen now in the election and what do we think of the plot twist about the remaining chimera ants? The previous one ended Illumi and Killua conflict and left us with nothing to speculate....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

That's basically what I said...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how will the chimera behave without a king or a queen ? We saw that some of them could act independantly but that was not the majority

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The cocoon soldiers clearly inherit the Ants' trait of super physical strength, or it'd literally make no sense why Pitou and Pufu were creating them to take over the world. Remember, even a grunt level Ant is comparable to a top human in terms of physical strength. The Spiders were losing badly to the Ants in a pure physical fight and have to use their special abilities to win. The cocoon soldiers also retain some level of intelligence and might even be able to develop theri own abilities. But if you got 10 of them fighting even a high end user, the odds are very bad for the high end Hunter when you consider every one of those guys is as physically strong as a high end Hunter. I suspect these soldiers also have some degree of the 'continue fighting while dead' trait that all Ants have (i.e. they can attack with their body cut in half), which means they'd be a very bad match for, ironically, the killing experts of HXH. For example, Hisoka clearly goes for surgical one hit kills, but if his enemy can continue fighting with his throat slit, then his expertise is suddenly not very useful.

From how Pariston described himself, he doesn't sound like a person who will wield massive martial power on his side. That might be why he was even able to be contained for so long, but now he's pretty much got the most powerful fighting force in the world. Remember, 50000 of those guys is said to be an army that can take over the world. The Hunter's Association, as powerful as they are, is not an organization that can fight 1/10 of the world's military power at once.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pariston really does play by his Zodiac sign, the rat. He's very sneaky and tricky thinking off things from every perspective which is what Gin was warning Cheadle about. The ants could be a scary force to be reckoned with if Pariston knows how to control them. The number 5k is very overwhelming when you consider how little it took to overwhelm a group that slightly outnumbered them. If these ants can already use Nen in the cocoon it's possible that within the group are ants that could have even half the power of Pitou.

If all the hunters are staying "all the hunters who have decided to vote" are staying then perhaps what Gin fears is that if Pariston has managed to control all 5k ants he can easily surround them and attack. I think the rule that may be quesitoned in this instance might not be the the exam can be set any way seen fit but rather a hunter can't kill a hunter. So it would appear that if Pariston wants people dead or take control of them he can use the ants and not have to take the blame for it. Or he could use the ants to eat and consume the new set of people set to take the exam and create more people like Palm. So if 400 decide to take the test, they could "all" win but at the same time they might all turn into chimera hybrids since Pariston may decide to send out chimera's to consume one human to combine with.

Judging from the text though it does sound like something big will happen next week, definitely curious about that. While it would be nice to see Gon back and alive I"m definitely more curious as to what's going to happen with this election since Gon's fate seems to be pretty safe.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

One amazing chafter after another, what the hell is up with togashi
    I really have no clue what Ging is afraid of...I hope there will be some fights soon, I'm interested in Leorios Ability, ging also seems impressed/intrigued by him...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the feeling Gin and Pariston already know the outcome can't be changed and they're both only doing this 'for fun', though in Gin's case it's because he can't affect the outcome and in Pariston's case it's obviously because he enjoys it.

Given how the rules work there's no reason for Pariston to end this election because now every Hunter is basically locked up in this place. He is the acting chairman until a new one is decided, so there's actually no difference whether he actually won the election or just let it stall forever. Presumably he's going to use his acting chairman authority to change the next electoin to allow all the cocoon soldiers to enter (presumably any other sane individual will step in and refuse entrance to those guys) and given their abilities, they should pass the exam rather easily and then he basically has the strongest army-like force in the world with a legitmate backing and then who knows what he will do with it.

Remember that the Ants are, after all, the enemy of humanity, so you can get away with bombing them with the Rose. There's no way you can just bomb the vice chairman (or possibly chairman)'s private army even if you know he's up to no good, and using the scale in the Ant arc, 5000 cocoon soldier represents 1/10 of the world's military power (since 50000 is enough to conquer it), and you won't be able to just bomb them this time either.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast