Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: 5K Chimeras being new Hunters?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was completely thrilled about it!

28 65.12%
  • I hate this turn of events. What were you thinking Togashi?

5 11.63%
  • I don't care as long as Gon wakes up.

10 23.26%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 331 Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 331 Discussion / 332 Prediction

I enjoyed the comment of Gin about Leorio. Somehow makes me realize how this series is about Hunters :P

And the Chimera thing: Pariston probably wants to add those 5K to the Hunter Association. They all are meant to pass the exam, and even 500 of them (10%) are meant to pass. That's double of current Hunters. If Pariston is able to get hold that power in control He may be the most dangerous man in earth.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member hunted's Avatar
    Country
    Bhutan
    Post Thanks / Like

epic chapter ...
    realy realy great chapter ...
    and i like that of playing of minds between chidol and gin and paris
    you feel they playing gungi ...
    and i am sure no body think or care about the 5000 soldier and they will be
    any use in in next chapters

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Too much epicness, can't stop hyperventilating.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Its interesting to finally have Pariston's aim revealed, its not a matter of winning but buying time thanks to the deadlocks produced. However, I guess one way of dealing with the dead lock would be to go to a candidate that Pariston may not be too sure how to read - namely Leorio. Still even if Pariston loses it still begs the question of what will happen with the Chimera ants? They're still dangerous intelligent creatures and finding out that there are still 5000 of them in addition to possible queens is definitely something that will need to be addressed, especially since these ants could very well be eligible to become a hunter (Pariston simply needs to keep his position as Vice Chairman if necessary to help with the proceedings allowing them based on the hunter rules).

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Return of the ants... come on!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

So he want the ants to be hunters? I was confused that maybe they were challenges.... Now I like Pariston more but I don't want things to go his way so we don't have to see those ants anymore!!!

At least it looks like Gon will wake up soon! The tension in that room is big, but I imagine there won't be problems anymore since Illumi gave up, right?

And why Gin is thinking that is bad? What does Pariston will do now? Gin probably has a feeling it won't be a good thing....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Things have calmed down on Killua's side whereas the election is reaching it's climax!! I personally think that Pariston is stalling for time. He wants all of the chimera ants/hybrids to hatch since 5000 is a great number and he needs them to put his plan into motion. Now, that we know how he thinks thanks to Ging, I believe that the 9th Rule of the Hunter Commandment will play a crucial role... With 5000 nen users under his wing it's crystal clear what he is really scheming.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think He knows it's bad because now it's rushing the choice of the Hunters. Before, things will go between Chidol and Pariston but that doesn't mean it would be in the first moments. When people is tired, it's easier to manipulate. Because there are no absents, majority WILL be reach at some point and it could be very well in the "turn" of Pariston.

And yes, I though He wanted Chimera to be Hunters. And I like the idea, if they look like Palm and not like the rest :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It would have been superb chapter if not for the cocoons twist (I'm sure Uriel knew I would say sth like that ;P). I was hoping that Togashi would bury those lame bugs once and for all but no... He had to use them again and in the best arc ever at that. *sigh* Nonetheless it doesn't necessarily mean I won't like future chapters. I'm sure they will be much, much more interesting than any chapter in the bug arc (although that shouldn't be too hard to be honest) if only for the fact that more interesting characters will be participating in the hunt. Still, such big number doesn't bode well, I hope that things won't get dragged out. Out of the 5000 probably 99% won't be worthy to be hunted by zodiacs I would think but in the remaining 1% there probably will be some monsters and I would appreciate it if Togashi would focus on them only (it would still be a lot, 50 is no trivial number). The reason why I think most of these 5k bugs are cannon fodder is that otherwise Parriston could be signing his own death warrant and he doesn't seem suicidal to me (I'm also pretty sure he would never do the thing Netero did, i.e. sacrifice himself). I also doubt he can control them, if he really is like Netero and Ging it wouldn't be fun to hunt for something you control completely and I doubt it would be enjoyable to let others do the hunt for you. But that's just a guess based on what Ging said about him.

Does anyone have a clue/suspicion what Ging had in mind when he said "meeting with that Leorio guy was my biggest gain" and then thought "that's gonna cost a lot"... Why would this gain cost a lot? And how is it a big gain in the first place?

Also, Cheadle now seems very incompetent, relying on Ging so much and wanting his help so much. How could she be a good leader with such small experience? I thought she was more worthy. She looks like a helpless child, pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    especially since these ants could very well be eligible to become a hunter
    I'm not sure about that. Unless they change the rules (and only a chairman can do this) Hunters can't hunt other hunters and I doubt that these new bugs will be pacifists and won't try to eat humans or other hunters. To be honest I have no clue what Parriston is thinking but I would guess he just wants to enjoy himself as a hunter. He also might want to use these ants to eliminate boring/unworthy hunters, contrary to what he was saying the first time he appeared.

BTW, since every one of the bugs can use nen they might have killed some nen users already. Maybe that's how some hunters "disappeared"? Unlikely, I know (since I believe they've started missing 3 years before the incident) but seemed worth sharing. And does anyone else find it strange that Ging knows so much about all this and yet he does so little?
    Last edited by Goral; January 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I think He knows it's bad because now it's rushing the choice of the Hunters. Before, things will go between Chidol and Pariston but that doesn't mean it would be in the first moments. When people is tired, it's easier to manipulate. Because there are no absents, majority WILL be reach at some point and it could be very well in the "turn" of Pariston.

And yes, I though He wanted Chimera to be Hunters. And I like the idea, if they look like Palm and not like the rest :O
    I think he might used them as hunter exam hurdles and training partners for hunter or he could also re-test all the temp hunters with them!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vespertine's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the 10th commandment he could change the hunter exam as vice chairman, so the ants can pass it, right?

So all left for him is to either win the election or keep it going past day X. Am i missing something here?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I did know. I'm expecting zellogan to post something int he same lines soon as well xD

And you don't know if Ging is doing nothing. You just don't see it, but that doesn't mean anything.

1% seems like it could be a reasonable number. Maybe the next arc is about to hunt rogue ants and we see Gon and Killua get into that. Would be awesome. <3

I'm also curious about the "gain" Ging had. What if maybe He can mimics techniques after being suffered? Kinda like a Blue Mage in the FF series. Would be particularly awesome. The cost could be what He needs to learn it or activate it. Or maybe is what's gonna cost to Leorio. Who knows :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member v3g374's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why you guys think Pariston is some kind of a bad guy. He reminds me to the old man. Always smiling and you never know what's he thinking. And why is it that the chimera ants needs to be hunters? I didn't get that I thought they will be used as an exam to the next hunter candidates.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post
    According to the 10th commandment he could change the hunter exam as vice chairman, so the ants can pass it, right?
    So all left for him is to either win the election or keep it going past day X. Am i missing something here?
    Yes. That's why Chidol rushed out things. It was stupid, since She's handling in silver plate the position. Pariston can play the game like that, it's not a problem for him.

...Although She may have a plan B. Doesn't seem that fool to fell into such an obvious trap.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    BTW, since every one of the bugs can use nen they might have killed some nen users already. Maybe that's how some hunters "disappeared"? Unlikely, I know (since I believe they've started missing 3 years before the incident) but seemed worth sharing. And does anyone else find it strange that Ging knows so much about all this and yet he does so little?
    Don't think its so much that they killed them as much as they became the material for these bugs XD. Though chances are they may have memories, so if you can help them to remember they should be more peaceful than the ones we've seen as they'd have a better semblance of coexisting.

As for Pariston he's probably not as weak as he tried to make himself out - and it probably is to weed out stronger ants from weaker ones. Actually looking at the rules again:
    http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/331/10
    I do wonder if the ants are necessarily barred from becoming hunters since I see no discrimination, moreover they could very well be considered humans due to their base. As for what Pariston wants I'm not sure entirely if it is an army or simply play things, but either way what is crucial is that the chair man being picked is delayed long enough for the ants to mature. From there he can proceed to the next phase... Or rather what of the possibility of using some of them as Temp hunters they would have skill and aptitude thanks to nen and basic knowledge from the human base. Not all need to be licensed hunters the others could become temp hunters if Pariston really does want them to become hunters.

Still I see nothing wrong with the reintroduction of the ants at the very least they are still very much an existing threat as we are reminded by this chapter. However, they are not so much a threat just because of their usual diet, i.e. humans, but as we see here from people who may try to use them - whether as tools or as play things. Fact is there is no clear way of controlling these ants so its pretty easy to see the disaster in the making, while none would probably be at the level of the king they would still kill a lot of weaker nen users or non-nen users. Moreover, its not as if they entirely disappeared considering the existence of Jairo and the King's brother, both of whom could possibly control or represent the ant population. Point is I disagree on you wanting them swept under the carpet when there are clearly still issues left over from the previous arc that need to be addressed, meaning Togashi isn't leaving some plot hole. Otherwise I would agree to the extent that maybe these issues could have been left at the back burner for a while and center on something else. But I'm not too adverse to the recent plot twist since it does reveal more of Pariston's character - that he certainly a very reckless man and perhaps more powerful than he makes himself out to be. In other words he's more than just a possibly very corrupt hunter that he was made out to be earlier but a very dangerous one that shows little regard or care for the lives of other hunters, and in turn becoming a threat to it (and we already see one very potentially bad pitfall should he win thanks to the revelation of the ants). His policies would be more than just 'corrupt' or careless but as we can see just plain dangerous.
    Last edited by Hamy; January 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast