Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: 5K Chimeras being new Hunters?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was completely thrilled about it!

28 65.12%
  • I hate this turn of events. What were you thinking Togashi?

5 11.63%
  • I don't care as long as Gon wakes up.

10 23.26%
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 331 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 331 Discussion / 332 Prediction

Those 5000 cocoon soldiers are at least comparable to a medium level Hunter (i.e. what Knuckles described Gon as during the duel) if they have any sort of intelligence, just by the virtue of the Ant's super physical abilities. It is clearly not possible to fight such an army without getting the miltary involved. After all, Meryem was defeated by the mlitary (Rose is not something the Hunters possess).

Pariston needs those guys to get the Hunter's License since the Hunter status is one of the most prestigious one in the world. It'd be unthinkable to use a weapon like Rose against Hunters. That's why he needs those soldiers to pass the test. Otherwise, even if he had such an army, surely you'll just talk to a guy like Knuckles and Morel and they'd say 'yeah just nuke those guys' since they've fought them before and it'd be obvious that you're not going to be able to take down 5000 of those guys. And Rose would still wipe out such an army. It's unclear if Pariston really wants to conquer the world, but he certainly plans to *play* with them, so to speak, so he can't have that army getting nuked by a Rose.

From what Gin says, I think he expects Pariston to really just *play* with the army, which is why he didn't actually try to stop him (he said he already foresaw the stalemate and don't plan to do anything about it). So to him, even if Pariston wins, as long as he's only playing with his toys it's not a big deal. But now they're locked the room and defeat is imminent (remember, there is a slight majority against Pariston), who knows what Pariston will do to get his toys?

Gin said Pariston is the only person who carries the will of Netero. This means if he's in charge, life might be living hell for everyone else, but you'd still be alive so that's probably why Gin never seem to contemplate anything like actually killing Pariston. I think Gin always knew that Pariston is someone who might make you hate your life but won't kill you unless you really got in the way. So he's fine with that kind of world, and he's more worried about what might happen if someone really got in the way of Pariston, since he seems to be quite willing to do anything to get what he wants. What he wants isn't actually very dangerous (at least in terms of number of deaths, otherwise you'd think Gin would try to kill him), but he certainly is quite willing to kill a lot of people to get what he wants.
    Last edited by Phantron; January 15, 2012 at 03:39 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think now it makes more sense why kaito had been revived and put back in the story I see him as like a wildcard in the making in paristons plans with the chimera... Hopefully kaito ends up to one of the strongest and interesting among the new chimera ant gen

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup i really hope we get to see Kaito soon, we might even see a reborn Pokkul or Ponz.
    And no i still think Pariston has other plans for the 5000 ants other than making them hunters to win the elections, that's lame.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we are making two assumptions that is not entirely dependable here:

1. that the next gen ants will be loyal to Pariston
    2. the next gen ants will be hunter candidates during the next hunter exams

on the first, we've seen a glimpse of the next gen ants in Palm and Kato (sp?). Palm was deliberately engineered by the ants to be loyal to the King, but in the end, her humanity and past self prevailed. As for Kato, she (he?) also had previous memories of his former self when he was human, so although the Hunters obtained the 5000 ant cocoons, it does not mean that they are completely loyal. Now, I know that some of you would argue that the Hunters Association would do something like genetic engineering to make them loyal to Pariston, but think about it, this has already been done by the ants, and it failed with Palm, do you really think that it will work this time?

on the second, even if the ants are loyal, why would they need to be entered as hunter candidates? You don't overthrow a government by adding seeds into the government branch and hope eventually you will have higher numbers than the others, you take it by force and replace every last government official. If it is just a matter of having a majority of numbers within the Hunters Association, then it can be accomplished by increasing temp hunters. The use of 5000 ants are completely unnecessary for this goal and the ants has so much more potential than just filling in as Hunter candidates.

I think the 5000 Ants will be used as something much more interesting and are actually integrated into the exams. Or used as something like the 1st Hunter Commandment of: All hunters must hunt.

Just my theory anyway

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Ponzu and Pokkle? No, please PLEASE let's not. I was enough pissed to have a character "back to life" to have the same situation with minor character as those.
    I like when Togashi kills, makes it more believable.

And I know we're making too many assumptions, but seems strange that He isn't prepared with something to manipulate. Yes, that includes his charisma.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntersq View Post
    I think we are making two assumptions that is not entirely dependable here:

1. that the next gen ants will be loyal to Pariston
    2. the next gen ants will be hunter candidates during the next hunter exams

on the first, we've seen a glimpse of the next gen ants in Palm and Kato (sp?). Palm was deliberately engineered by the ants to be loyal to the King, but in the end, her humanity and past self prevailed. As for Kato, she (he?) also had previous memories of his former self when he was human, so although the Hunters obtained the 5000 ant cocoons, it does not mean that they are completely loyal. Now, I know that some of you would argue that the Hunters Association would do something like genetic engineering to make them loyal to Pariston, but think about it, this has already been done by the ants, and it failed with Palm, do you really think that it will work this time?

Well in Palm's case Pitou and Pufu removed some part of her brain which contained her memories and emotion. She and Kaito are unlike the other 5000 cocoons hunters prior the selection, that's what makes them stronger then the rest by default. The only thing that made her regain her memories or 'humanity' was Killua, who triggered some of her memories and I pretty much doubt that these cocoons will be able to do it. Due to them being 'citizens' prior to the transformation and them lacking a trigger.

on the second, even if the ants are loyal, why would they need to be entered as hunter candidates? You don't overthrow a government by adding seeds into the government branch and hope eventually you will have higher numbers than the others, you take it by force and replace every last government official. If it is just a matter of having a majority of numbers within the Hunters Association, then it can be accomplished by increasing temp hunters. The use of 5000 ants are completely unnecessary for this goal and the ants has so much more potential than just filling in as Hunter candidates.

Are you serious? You seem to have forgotten the privilege that a Hunter license can give one. As of now, the chimera ants are a menace to society they aren't protected by anything. They have no rights that's the impression that I have so far. On the other hand we have Pariston, who is in a position to integrate these Ants into society by making them Hunters under his wing. They don't have to be loyal to him, IMO it's a win-win situation for both parties. This way the ants will be protected by the Hunter commandments and gain at the same time a Hunters privilege and Pariston can use some of them to 'play' with or to change the commandments itself due to him having the majority and I think that's what he is aiming for.

I think the 5000 Ants will be used as something much more interesting and are actually integrated into the exams. Or used as something like the 1st Hunter Commandment of: All hunters must hunt.

Just my theory anyway
    I think the same, Pariston will use them in a more interesting way then just simply wiping out the Hunters during the election.
    Last edited by Host Samurai; January 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM.

Credits:Shinsatsu

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I have actually been wondering about alluka after reading the chapter. Killua said that when making a selfless wish alluka goes to sleep and "nothing else happens". Given what we know, doesn't that sound like bullcrap? More so, is alluka just "sleeping" or would sleeping actually be a side effect from something else that is going on without anyone actually noticing? What if the reason alluka falls sleep after a wish is that she is taking onto herself the payment for the selfless wish? Even if it is just her stamina, it could be dangerous to her if she grants a sufficiently powerful wish. What if granting the wish to save gon (taking into consideration that saving him is beyond medicine and nen) drains her to a point where it kills her? It would make sense killua wouldn't know about such a thing considering as a kid he merely would have seen her fall sleep without considering there is something else to that sleep.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe She takes the lives to be born. And then we reunite the 5K cocoons with Gon situation. :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw come on it would be hilarious to see Pokkle and Ponzu reborn just to get 1 shotted off-screen by the ants again lol

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ok, I have actually been wondering about alluka after reading the chapter. Killua said that when making a selfless wish alluka goes to sleep and "nothing else happens". Given what we know, doesn't that sound like bullcrap? More so, is alluka just "sleeping" or would sleeping actually be a side effect from something else that is going on without anyone actually noticing? What if the reason alluka falls sleep after a wish is that she is taking onto herself the payment for the selfless wish? Even if it is just her stamina, it could be dangerous to her if she grants a sufficiently powerful wish. What if granting the wish to save gon (taking into consideration that saving him is beyond medicine and nen) drains her to a point where it kills her? It would make sense killua wouldn't know about such a thing considering as a kid he merely would have seen her fall sleep without considering there is something else to that sleep.
    I got the feeling he lied about how doing something selfless means you don't have to pay anything back either, because that means for the most part you can even do stuff like 'give me your brain' pesterings as long as you do it really fast and then wish to not die, have Alluka heal you, and then according to what Killua said the next 3 pestering would be trivial, and then you can again wish for something big. This is assuming that whatever Alluka asks, at most, kills you and isn't instant (i.e. losing a brain you can still be alive long enough to get healed).

I'm sure Killua knows what's the cost for healing because remember, he wished to know Alluka's ability so there shouldn't be any rules he doesn't know about (he says he doesn't know when Alluka makes demands, but presumably that's something nobody could possibly know).

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I think the same, Pariston will use them in a more interesting way then just simply wiping out the Hunters during the election.
    Unless Gin is just totally crazy or doesn't care the Hunters get wiped out, presumably Pariston isn't interested in needless bloodshed. That said, whatever he's up to can't be too pleasant, either.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

As an aside, the cocoon soldiers are obviously unquestionably loyal to *something* because otherwise it wouldn't make sense the Ants are creating them in the first place (what if they turned on them?) You'd assume Pariston has to be able to win their loyalty somehow or it really wouldn't make sense why he's helping those guys. The wild card here is obviously the reborn Kaito might come and say "I'm your true King!' and that'd screw things up, though I'd hope that's not how it resolves.
    Last edited by Phantron; January 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I almost forgot. HxH needs your help to win these awards!

Best Death
    Best manga of 2011
    Best Shounen
    Best Villain
    And I'm probably forgetting one, but be sure to remind me.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

You forgot best artistic piece and best action For the artistic piece, the doublespread isn't the best one among the nominees (the one from Naruto is really epic!) but I voted for it mainly to support the series. There are a lot of people that don't know about HxH and others who don't want to read it because of the hiatuses -.- It's a pity really, it is a great manga and it would be nice to see this forum becoming as big as the ones of the big three (One Piece, Naruto and Bleach)!
    Last edited by miotara; January 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It will, don't worry. This year it will be the boom thanks to the anime. I've completely faith on it.

And I know now why I forgot those...:P I think it doesn't deserve the best action and after I saw some other pieces from other mangas I have to say it's not the best one. But I'm convinced that it's the best manga of 2011 for sure.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe Meryem isn't a top nominee for best villain.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

why is that double spread nominated? i'm a big hxh tard but seriously they should've chosen the spread of meruem in komugi's arms in 318

but on the bright side, at least it wasn't the double spread of the warehouse...

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6