Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Big Mom Pirates

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big Mom Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    They were never shown, we don't their names, nada. Why would Oda suddenly make a prisonner defeat a character that is being defied by the hero ? That would be an ass pull in the same level of Kubo's ass pulls.
    I wasn't thinking level 6 prisoners, but anyway, why do they have to defeat Big Mom in order to have an arc of their own?

Quote Quote:
    I remember Shiki, I also remember him being kicked by a gear 2 Luffy. I remember also that he probably was fooling around for 20 goddamn years doing nothing but scheming, I'm sorry, but even Lucci was more impressive than that old guy.
    I'm talking about the original Shiki that was intended to be Luffy's enemy in the New World. His character was absorbed into the movie. The timing of the movie could not possibly show Luffy after the 2 yrs timeskip so that's why Luffy had to defeat him prior to his 2 yrs training. The fact that Oda intended for someone like Shiki to become Luffy's enemy in the New World, who is neither a regular pirate like squardo, or current yonkou points to a strong possibility that some major powerhouses that we haven't met are waiting to have their arcs within future storyline. I apologize but I think it's too amusingly simplistic of a view to say that there are no character that falls inbetween someone like squardo and the yonkou.
    Check Out My Music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n48pStnecmw
    My Predictions:
    Big Mom gonna have the plague plague fruit or plant plant fruit

Kaido gonna have nuke nuke fruit

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Latest Chapter show
    Last edited by Uriel; January 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think Pekoms its just an"office boy",him and Tamago will batlle with the strawhats when the time will come.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

A office boy wouldn't get that much attention by Oda nor would BM (someone's who gives a shit for her weaker crewmates) remember his name. Also I don't even need to explain that bounty doesn't mean everything.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    A office boy wouldn't get that much attention by Oda nor would BM (someone's who gives a shit for her weaker crewmates) remember his name. Also I don't even need to explain that bounty doesn't mean everything.
    Still, it means something. It means that he is dangerous to the WG.

I think that if he was so important (by this I don’t mean that he will be a Caribou like character) he would be collecting candies to her. Shanks didn’t sent Lucky Roo to take a message to WB, he just sent a rookie. His character could work like Blueno, been a warming-up to Luffy.

I don’t know if Pekons is a rookie, but I now the guy who was showed collecting candies is threat far above of many Shichibukais.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned it in the discussion thread for the newest chapter, but I will here because this is really interesting, Pecoms is based on Mock Turtle from Alice in Wonderland. I was planning to read this book again to see if it will help me predict any other Big Mom and their powers or looks, I think it was mentioned that they are themed form character form this book, now I think we can predict it more easily.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post

I don’t know if Pekons is a rookie, but I now the guy who was showed collecting candies is threat far above of many Shichibukais.

How can you even know such a thing about a character who was shown in like 2 panels only ?
    How can you know that he's more dangerous than any Shichibukai ?

And don't give me that whole introduction thing here, the guy wasn't even introduced like BM was...

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you even know such a thing about a character who was shown in like 2 panels only ?
    How can you know that he's more dangerous than any Shichibukai ?

And don't give me that whole introduction thing here, the guy wasn't even introduced like BM was...
    First, I love your panels.

Second, what I understood about bounties in the OP world is that they do not rank the strength, but how someone is dangerous to the WG. Robing is a good example to this. She had a high bounty when she was a child just because she was Ohara survivor and most important, because she could read poneglyphs. Said this, I can presume that the higher the bounty is the higher is the threat to the WG.

By the bounties that we know from the Shichibukai, there is just one above Pekons. Of course some of them must be. I’m not saying that Pekons is a powerhouse, that he a top dog, nothing about this. I’m saying that the guy must be dangerous to the WG exclusively by terms of bounty. I can be wrong, but I wouldn’t fix a high value on the head of someone if it wasn’t an important person to me.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

But saying he's dangerous than the Shichibukai, especially that we know that their bounties are frozen... To say that Pekom is more dangerous than the like of Mihawk & Doflamingo...

But yeah he's a top dog no doubt about it.

P.S : I love putting panels from time to time, it changes the mood somehow

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

But saying he's dangerous than the Shichibukai, especially that we know that their bounties are frozen... To say that Pekom is more dangerous than the like of Mihawk & Doflamingo...

But yeah he's a top dog no doubt about it.

P.S : I love putting panels from time to time, it changes the mood somehow
    He's a mere fighter in BM's crew.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dark lord View Post
    He's a mere fighter in BM's crew.
    A mere fighter are fodders you saw behind Bobbin when he was shown, but a lieutenant of a Yonkou is certainly no " mere fighter ".

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

A mere fighter are fodders you saw behind Bobbin when he was shown, but a lieutenant of a Yonkou is certainly no " mere fighter ".
    Could you please link me to the page where it said so ? I seem to have overlooked that.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

So you saying that someone with more than 300M bounty is a mere fighter in a Yonkou's crew ?

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/16037697/5 It says right there he is a fighter in Big Mom's Crew, if he was higher ranked or a lieutenat it would have said so in his introduction box like here with Jozu and Marco http://www.mangareader.net/103-2541-...apter-434.html Guess we'll see who the top dogs are in Big Mom's crew eventually.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mashiro_Luna View Post
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/16037697/5 It says right there he is a fighter in Big Mom's Crew, if he was higher ranked or a lieutenat it would have said so in his introduction box like here with Jozu and Marco http://www.mangareader.net/103-2541-...apter-434.html Guess we'll see who the top dogs are in Big Mom's crew eventually.
    That's a point unless Big Mom have champions who don't need to lead a division to achieve a mission, and thus have the introducing box fighter under their head. So far it depends on the conditions Bobbins was sent to this island. Either he was just sent to collect sweets and if you come to think about it, he was sent with many other pirates to an island (he eventually destroyed) whereas Pekoms and Baron Tamago were sent just the two of them to bring back some sweets which seemed to be really more important than any other ones. Either, the people from the country which was destroyed had told Big Mom Pirates they would not have been able to produce sweets for time and Bobbins was still sent to collect the sweets with an army beasts that Tamago had been talking about. Since they still had not produced what they should have, Bobbins released the beasts on the island.

New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast