Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Big Mom Pirates

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big Mom Pirates

I don't actually think that Pekoms and Tomago are important members of Big Mam's crew. I think Oda just wanted to show the average member's level in Big Mam's crew to understand how Luffy and his crew should grow to take such a crew down.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they will be important. When has Oda ever introduced minor crew members first, or even given them speaking roles? Most likely they are two of five or six officers in Big Mom's army, maybe the strongest, maybe not, but certainly among the highest ranking Big Mom pirates. Oda has never given average crew members high bounties or devil fruit powers. We know Pekom's has a very high bounty and we know he is a fruit user. From Buggy the Clown arc forward fruit users and high bounties are reserved for Captain's and officers.

Bounty does not equate to power levels, Robin had an 80 million Beri bounty as a child, but it does equate to how wanted a character is. The higher the bounty the higher the crime is in the eyes of the government. An average crew member would never receive a 300 million bounty, a bounty that high makes Pekoms at least a Level 5 prisoner in Impel Down, if caught. A bounty that high is reserved for high crimes, such as being an officer in the employ of a yonkou. Why would the government give him such a high bounty if he was simply a crew member?

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mashiro_Luna View Post
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/16037697/5 It says right there he is a fighter in Big Mom's Crew, if he was higher ranked or a lieutenat it would have said so in his introduction box like here with Jozu and Marco http://www.mangareader.net/103-2541-...apter-434.html Guess we'll see who the top dogs are in Big Mom's crew eventually.
    Nice, I love this.
    Implying that BM somehow must have the same organisation as WB's crew, we don't know if BM's crew does have divisions and captains like WB did, so how can you assume from such a thing that Pekom is a mere fighter ? Also, how the hell is a 300M guy a mere fighter ?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, based on the square giving his name he is a fighter in big mom's crew. Not saying he is a commander or something of the sort is not quite relevant as the structure of the crew is not necessarily the same as WBs. In context, if tamago and pekoms hold the position of relevant fighters in a yonko's crew, they should by all intents and purposes be absolute beasts. I don't think they would be fighters if they were only of mediocre strength.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Nice, I love this.
    Implying that BM somehow must have the same organisation as WB's crew, we don't know if BM's crew does have divisions and captains like WB did, so how can you assume from such a thing that Pekom is a mere fighter ? Also, how the hell is a 300M guy a mere fighter ?
    I'm not implying they are mid-level fighters or anything I am only saying based on what we know that they are only fighters based on the avalible info we have. They probably are total beasts but for all we know there are also lieutenants that could be stronger. Based on what we know about them and not opinion on anything.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not implying they are mid-level fighters or anything I am only saying based on what we know that they are only fighters based on the avalible info we have. They probably are total beasts but for all we know there are also lieutenants that could be stronger. Based on what we know about them and not opinion on anything.
    You said that because Oda put in the intro of Jozu and Marco that they're division captain, Pekom and Tamago must be just fighters and not top dogs of BM's crew because it was written that they're just fighter, that's absurd especially since we know that he have a 300M bounty. They are certainly one of the top dogs of BM's crew, whether they're the strongest top dogs or not, we don't know yet.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

wow,why do you guys compare Tamago and Pekoms with Marco and Jozu?you could of course because Oda said in sbs that all 16 commandares of WB have the same strenght we could argue with this all day long and i know that the first 4 are stronger then the rest but this what Oda said,now lets see if they are going to fight in 1 or 2 arcs with the strawhats or when they are going to fight in Candy Island because i don't think BM in person is going to go after Luffy,i think she will send some of his fighters after them and will play a role in the upcoming arc thats why i said this is gong to be BM saga,if its going to be Pekoms and Tamago or someone else it dosen't matter,they will fight the strawhats,Oda has from where to choose from strawhats outside the monster trio to fight with them in the last arc of this saga if he indent to hold them for the last arc if not i think they will fight the monster trio.
    Last edited by Lutzu; January 17, 2012 at 06:15 PM.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

If, and I say if, BM is going to open the Tamatebako and the bomb explodes on her face, I can easily see her hunting the SH's herself.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

And the comparison between Whitebeard top commanders are absurd since Oda carefully did not show ANY hints of those numbers. So in my eyes if that's the case Pekoms and Tomago are the weakest commanders on Big Mom. Why I'm saying this? Because if an average WB commander would have a similar number it would have been shown before, since it's not that far from the bounties of Doflamingo and Luffy just to put an example. If He kept the number in secret (And knowing Oda He has somewhat planned these numbers, approx) must be because the number is higher than we can calculate currently.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

What we are sure of is that they're commanders/lieutenants or whatever, but we don't know yet whether they're the strongest or the weakest.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark my words. They're the weakest.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

14. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We can not assume that because Whitebeard had a fleet with a large, stratified crew that the other Yonkou will as well. Whitebeard became a pirate to gather a family so his crew continuously grew until it required a fleet with a hierarchy of commanders, lieutenants, and sailors. Other than the Marines, no other crew has such a heavily stratified structure. From Buggy to Arlong to Baroque Works to Enel to CP9 to Thriller Bark to Hodi every crew in the series has only had two tiers of fighters: the ones who fight a Straw Hat and extras. There is no doubt that Pekoms and Tomango will fight a Straw Hat, the only question is which one. That is the only way to assess power levels in One Piece: who fights whom. The leader fights Luffy, the strongest henchman fights Zoro, then comes Sanji, with Usop and Chopper getting the weakest.

The only clue that Oda has given so far is Pekom's bounty, which is very high, otherwise there is no indication of rank within Mom's crew. That will have to wait until later. For now all we know is that Pekom's did something to earn an obscene bounty, as high as Luffy's after attacking Enes Lobby and surviving a Buster Call. It is impossible within the boundaries of the story for a mid-ranked fighter to have a bounty that high.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 17, 2012 at 06:48 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

But Whitebeard's crew didn't have "lieutenants". He was the captain with 16 commanders - and it's pretty much official according to dialogue and databooks blue and yellow (there, Blackbeard is pointed out as deserter. I don't know if i've ever seen a lieutenant within a pirate crew...

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Mark my words. They're the weakest.
    Based on the reactions we saw from Tamago and Pekoms and the three-eyed girl about Bigmam raging about there's no sweets from Fishman Island, I tend to agree.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to agree with those saying they might be on of her weaker/middle lieutenants, however I strongly disagree with those saying that they are just messenger boys. That's beyond ridiculous. Given BM's attitude, I honestly don't think she would even bother herself remembering her weaker crewmates.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xeteboi's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, i really agree too, everybody in BM's crew logically is a fighter, which means introducing Pekoms as a fighter gives the idea that they are like commanders/liutenants if not topdog then maybe the weakest since they are the first to be introduced..
    prediction:
    Bigmom has a Queen Sugar Ant Zoan

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast