Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Mom Pirates

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Mom Pirates

Finally we have some material about this yonkou and we already have mixed feelings towards her. She is big. Shem is disgusting. She is ugly in the same proportion that Sanji is a perverted. And boy, she will do ANYTHING for the sake of her candies.

Let us know what you think about her and her mysterious crew.
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big Mam Pirates

Maybe she can transform others into animals, maybe even partly.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I really would love to her crew have a literature theme based. But still, it’s too early to know if the crew will match my desire anyway.

Let judge her by her flag. We can see that candies are an important element to her, since we can see them on her flag. But there is another important element on her flag, which looks like a tree. Maybe she has a zoan devil fruit that could transform in a tree or flower. Does anybody know any plant that can produce acid?

It would be a good joke if a plant (vegetable) themed character was sou found of candies, as we know that kids doesn’t like vegetables but loves all candies.

What works against my theories is that she is in place that is really dark, what unfit this analysis.

EDIT:

Big Mam, living on Whole Cake Island and eating her underlings, is possibly a reference to the cannibalistic hag in Hansel and Gretel, who lives in a house made of cake and confectionery.
    Last edited by Sakazuki; December 26, 2011 at 01:04 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess for inspiration:

Spoiler show

both are "powerful", "greedy" and dont care about their underlings, so i kinda expect to have big mam connections to famous piratehunters which she will order to take luffy before her

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sachsenhesse View Post
    My guess for inspiration:

Spoiler show

both are "powerful", "greedy" and dont care about their underlings, so i kinda expect to have big mam connections to famous piratehunters which she will order to take luffy before her
    It would be nice to see a Star Wars tribute, but I can’t see this working in the whole crew. Ok, maybe if we consider that the crewmembers that we already saw are all weirdoes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to make a prediction just in case....

Seeing the mask-man compared to the three eyed girl (here), it is clear he must be at most 3 meter tall like Jinbei or Blackbeard, then the tallest normal humans we saw were Kuma and Moria around 6 meters.... Then here we see that Big Mama is not twice his height, but a lot more. So my opnion/prediction is that Big Mama is a giant! It fits the name "big" and it makes believable she eats 10 tons of candy... Also she is not Lola's mom.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know if Big Mam is really Lola’s mom. Ok, they’re ugly as the devil, but parenthood is a thing that is somewhat relative in One Piece. Whitebeard pirates called their captain “Pops” and even Ace doesn’t called his biological father by the proper way.
    Right know, I can’t see Big Mam been Lola’s mother.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll edit the title since the 24hs rule can't be skipped by anyone. I will leave it there until Wednesday considering that maybe there are some who are expecting the chapter that day and doesn't check the forums until then.

Any complain, PM me.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ~SPOILERS~ Big Mom Pirates

The REAL Yonkou are Kaidou, Shanks, and Teach. Big Mum doesn't strike me as a super power, in the sense WB and Shanks are. First, she's fat as fuck. Second, her character is ridiculous and silly. Her powers fall in the same ranks as well. To sum it all up, Luffy will have no problem kicking the crap outta of her.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dark lord View Post
    The REAL Yonkou are Kaidou, Shanks, and Teach. Big Mum doesn't strike me as a super power, in the sense WB and Shanks are. First, she's fat as fuck. Second, her character is ridiculous and silly. Her powers fall in the same ranks as well. To sum it all up, Luffy will have no problem kicking the crap outta of her.
    Hmmm I doubt that.
    She must be strong, maybe not strong as WB/Shanks/Teach, but she seems to be an old timer too.

IMO, I think she's like Moria in the sense that she probably have some tricky powers.

But it's true that she didn't left a single impression on me too unlike other uber pirates.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fcToho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I already wrote it in the chapter thread, but I'm reminded of Ghibli and especially Chihiro (Spirited away).
    Here are a few examples:

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MMolch's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

my first crazy guesses:
    - devil fruit: spit (kinda like magelans poison fruit)
    - maybe she is pregnant?! would fit in the "need foooood" and "mama" stuff (suddenly: 100 ugly babies) ... but her head is even bigger ...
    - luffy won't fight against her in the next ~ 3?4? bigger arcs (seriously: beating up one of the four most powerful and influential pirates right at the beginning ... come on ... and don't underestimate her)

Aaaand:
    - did you mention that lola and the skull on big mams pirate flag have the same haircolour? maybe you already knew that, but i just realized it :
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^I got the same impression from Big Mom.

People should stop underestimating Big Mom, she is a Yonko she's obviously a massive powerhouse. Saying she's weak because she's fat would be the same as think Whitebeard was weak cause he was an old fart, the last mistake you'd ever make.

If she was weak enough that Luffy could 'own' her like people have been saying the World Government would have sent someone to get rid of her a long time ago. She has to be at least equal to Kaido and Shanks in power.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mashiro_Luna View Post
    ^I got the same impression from Big Mom.

People should stop underestimating Big Mom, she is a Yonko she's obviously a massive powerhouse. Saying she's weak because she's fat would be the same as think Whitebeard was weak cause he was an old fart, the last mistake you'd ever make.

If she was weak enough that Luffy could 'own' her like people have been saying the World Government would have sent someone to get rid of her a long time ago. She has to be at least equal to Kaido and Shanks in power.

Erm...
    Erm...

WG main concern is to keep the balance here. WG cannot control all the seas, especially the NW which seems to be quite different from the first part of the GL. Therefore, they cannot take all the Yonkou out.

But as I said, she's strong, but definitely not strong as Shanks or WB... She looks more like Moria style who back at the Thriller Bark was all hype and talk, and got weaker because he decided to become a lazy retard. And that's how Big Mam looked to me.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner odz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If she's yonkou, then she definitely can't be underestimated. She obviously commands a fleet as well, so whatever her powers may be, aligning himself against a yonkou is going to be a huge impediment for the SH crew. Being declared a target of a yonkou is even more dangerous.
    I think that what is most interesting is Luffy "claiming" fishman island as his own. That seems to be common practice in the New World, so I wonder if this is going to become a pattern.
    My prediction for her power is something related to Greed's power from Fullmetal Alchemist (chomp chomp fruit?). Maybe she can bite through anything. It could be pretty unstoppable offensive and defensive power, especially when combined with Haki.

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast