Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Big Mom Pirates

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big Mom Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Mashiro_Luna View Post
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/16037697/5 It says right there he is a fighter in Big Mom's Crew, if he was higher ranked or a lieutenat it would have said so in his introduction box like here with Jozu and Marco http://www.mangareader.net/103-2541-...apter-434.html Guess we'll see who the top dogs are in Big Mom's crew eventually.
    The only issue with this is the fact that we have no ides how BM organizes her crew. While we know exactly how WB organized his. For all we know in her crew a fighter may mean a member of the crew that is put up against other big name pirates to fight. Like a WB commander. Point being is that we don't know what a "fighter" means in BM's crew. If we just went off of universal titles then Sanji probably wouldn't ever be in a fight because he was so "weak" due to him being a cook. We have to wait and see that those titles mean, and even then we still have to see them in action to properly judge.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What he said. Even then, it is far more likely that tamago and pekoms are very relevant members than them not being such a thing. If they are fighters, one way or the other it means they are meant to fight. Being a relevant fighter in the new world is no small feat by any means imaginable. Unless that in big mom's crew the positions of fighters are held solely by rankless or not relevant folk it would be very strange that pekoms is not an equivalent to a commander or main crewmember. Him not being one of the main crewmembers would have other interesting implications among the actual strawhats. If he is one of the main crewmembers but it turns out his position of relative strength among the crew is comparable to ussops then it just shows how much the lesser strawhats have to grow. It would essentially mean that every strawhat at some point will be forced to develop haki or an alternative to it which would allow them to be more efficient against fruit users with weird bodies and other haki users.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone thought about the possibility that Bigmam is actually an okama? There's an okama with the head of an unconscious marine soldier in his mouth in chapter 602. (instead of simply kissing him to K.O.)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As a whole I don't see the BM arc being that interesting when it gets to it. I'm sure BM is powerful but I'd like to think of a yonkou as a NW version of a Shichibukai. Luffy took on Croc's organization almost immediately upon entering the GL and I'd assume that this will be similar. BM doesn't even look like a serious threat like Croc did and that's important. Why is that important? The size of your opponent changes the entire fight dynamic. It seems like every fight involving giants has always been lame and awkward. Especially awkward. This of course does not extend to larger than average people like WB because the fight dynamic doesn't change.

I'm much more interested in her crew. The two fighters of BM crew are obviously very powerful if they can transverse the NW by themselves and are at least as powerful as vice admirals since they can use haki. It's going to be interesting to see how the weaker members of the SH adapt to fighting opponents who can use haki, kind of like at first in the series the weaker SHs didn't get to face DF opponents.

Ugh, I love a lot of the goofy parts of the manga, but I have a feeling it's about to get just plain weird when it gets to this arc.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Going back to the power lvl discussion, I doubt Pekoms and the other dude are the weakest, logic says otherwise..

Rockstar was a member of Shanks crew who seemed like one of the weakest links in the bunch, his bounty was 94 million, so if fighters worth 300 million are the weakest in BM's crew,the difference in power between both crews seems huge, considering that shanks was shown to have a relatively small amount of followers, I doubt that a random guy in BM's crew would be worth around 3 times more than a random guy from shanks' team and both would be yonkous..It may be the case,but it seems unlikely.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Bounties are and will never show how strong a guy is, if you guys still don't understand that...

Since when size is a sign of weakness ? WB was huge as fuck, yet he carried the title of the strongest man in the world.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A new proposal: Big Mam is a [dwarfed] giantess. It would enable Oda to finally show Elbaf with all it's epicnessm while adding a nice sub-plot for Lysop to turn him into the warrior he aims to be or at least give him some plot at all.^^
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why I'm so obsessed with Dwarf Giants. They're so cool *-* If Big Mom happens to be one, I will immediately love her.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I found something interesting a few chapters back which would make for some interesting discussion (if someone else already pointed out this particular detail, well, blow me)
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v59/c582/7.html

I found this particular comment by bepo to be of relevance. Under the assumption that he is indeed a zoan, why would he want to find a female bear? it would make far more sense for him to be interested in a human female. In this particular regard I am a tad warmer to the idea that neither bepo or pekoms are originally humans but rather some sort of beast folk. In pekoms case it is interesting because he would simply be a lion man with a turtle fruit. I wonder what his hybrid form would be in this regard. Of course, he would still be based on the mythological lion turtle except that he would not be a myth zoan user.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

And it would be better, at least for me. I know that not all beasts and creatures can talk, but if Pappug learned how to talk I'm sure there is some other animal who can achieve the same. Not only that, but I think that if those animals gathered somewhere else a race can be made with ease. And I'm pretty sure that's how Fishmen first appeared.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't think the issue is comparable to the papag case. Bepo and pekom's have something which would not be explainable at all if compared to papag. Papag ultimately is nothing but a sea star, in turn the differences between bepo and pekoms and regular bears and lions is painfully clear. Pekoms and bepo and ultimately anthropomorphic, they are not actual lions or bears. Just learning how to talk would not explain that at all. Thats why I mentioned they were some sort of beast folk. Taking it to a extreme they could even be an equivalent to land fishmen so to speak.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus papag ability to talk is based on a pun so it shouldn't be working for everyone.
    But nice find kkck, now it's almost certain he is no Zoan.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ~SPOILERS~ Big Mom Pirates

I can see big mam being lolas mother. Oda has a thing for not revealing everything at one time but people find out gradually. Lola said her mom was a strong pirate in the new world. its possible that after big mam finds out that the straw hats saved lola that they could have some sort of alliance.....or mabey she will just drop any problems she has with the strawhats.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

THere's no way that Oda would make her weak and easily defeated. She's a Yonkou for a reason. One of her small fry crewmen have a 300 mill bounty. I'm pretty darn certain that she's Lola's mom, and Nami will be guided to her with the vivre card. Lola did say her mother was a powerful New World pirate. Plus they look kind of similar. Also, I think she's been eating Caesar's candies. Her addiction to sweets, giant size, and irrational behavior suggests this. Maybe Law wants to destroy the candies and make Big Mom go out of control, defeating a yonkou.
    Also, I do find it strange how she'll fight. She's so big, I'm not sure how she's able to fight. She can't go around just eating things. She probably has a fruit similar to Wapol's in that she can eat stuff and it maybe it makes her change.

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9