Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another

Another

Introduction
    Their class has a secret no one dares talk about...

Story
    Spring, 1998. Recently transferred to Yomiyama Kita Middle School, Kouichi Sakakibara (15) gets the feeling something isn't quite right with his class, who all seem to be afraid of something. He finds himself attracted to the strange yet beautiful Mei Misaki, but his efforts to get closer only confound things further. Then there is a horrible accident… What on earth is happening in this place?
    “Another” is a new kind of schoolyard horror mystery from Yukito Ayatsuji, the standard-bearer of the “neo-orthodox mystery” movement. The original novel was called a “new masterpiece” by its author, and the long-awaited TV Anime version will debut in January of 2012, ahead of the release of the live-action film version in summer. The main staff for the TV Anime version includes Tsutomu Mizushima as director, Noizi Ito handling character design, and P.A. WORKS in charge of production. The staff and studio have a succession of hits to their names, and have formed a fantastic team to tackle this definitive piece in horror Anime.

Cast
    Spoiler show

Staff
    Spoiler show

Opening Theme
    Kyomu Densen (Nightmare Contagion)
    by ALI PROJECT

Ending Theme
    anamnesis
    by Annabel

Music
    Lantis

Animation Production
    P.A. WORKS
    Production
    Team Another

Trailer
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another

seems interesting will give it a try.
    the trailer seemed a bit old school horror film sneakpeaks though. But i like the Horror genre if its well done so i ll have no rinse off any sort of prejudice and watch few eps before making any kind of judgement about the series

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The choice of Noizi Ito for the character design is quite... Strange, I suppose. For a horror series. He's normally associated with moe series like Shana and Haruhi, but it may work. Misaki actually kinda reminds me of Ayanami Rei, but maybe it's just that eyepatch more than anything else

The type of horror/scary-ness here seems to be quite different from the kind "Shiki" offered, though the original creators are married to each other I wonder if "Another" will have the same amount of blood and gore that "Shiki" did...

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There is another trailer, which can be found here. No different pictures from the trailer destiny-chan linked, but there is additional narration from Sakakibara-kun and Misaki-san about themselves and perhaps about other things.

Actually I am interested. Though I am by no means a fan of horror anime. One anime I could call a bit horror probably only Umineko no Naku Koro ni. So I wonder why I'm thinking to at least try watching this series when it comes out. XD

The name of casts are not very popular on my ears, but the soundtracks seem to do a great job to help build the horror situation, though I don't really like it.

Anyway, looking forward to it.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

ya i tried the 2nd one too. but it doesnt seem to be innovative. To be honest, i dont expect much from the trailers. Until nd unless they are fighting genre so may be i am feeling that way
    i just tick the animes i like in to my list if i like the synopsis, or sb recommends me

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    seems interesting will give it a try.
    the trailer seemed a bit old school horror film sneakpeaks though. But i like the Horror genre if its well done so i ll have no rinse off any sort of prejudice and watch few eps before making any kind of judgement about the series
    Welcome to this thread, shaheer! I’m glad to see you posting in this thread and glad to hear you’ll give “Another” a try.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    The choice of Noizi Ito for the character design is quite... Strange, I suppose. For a horror series. He's normally associated with moe series like Shana and Haruhi, but it may work. Misaki actually kinda reminds me of Ayanami Rei, but maybe it's just that eyepatch more than anything else
    Glad to see you already posting in this thread, Salad!

I have no clue who Ayanami Rei is, but Misaki totally reminds of Chihiro from Ef, they are like twins!

Quote Quote:
    The type of horror/scary-ness here seems to be quite different from the kind "Shiki" offered, though the original creators are married to each other I wonder if "Another" will have the same amount of blood and gore that "Shiki" did...
    This is just a hunch, but I think Shiki and Another will share another similarity besides the art (because to me they look pretty similar art-wise, especially in the PV), I think they both will share the psychological horror/scary-ness, that type of horror that scares you because it has something more than just blood and gore.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    There is another trailer, which can be found here. No different pictures from the trailer destiny-chan linked, but there is additional narration from Sakakibara-kun and Misaki-san about themselves and perhaps about other things.
    Thank you for posting the other PV, phio_chan!

Quote Quote:
    Actually I am interested. Though I am by no means a fan of horror anime. One anime I could call a bit horror probably only Umineko no Naku Koro ni. So I wonder why I'm thinking to at least try watching this series when it comes out. XD
    I’m not a fan of horror series either, but Another reminds me of Shiki, and Shiki was a fantastic series, so that’s why I’m curious about Another and the reason why I’m going to watch it.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Umineko wsnt that horrifying, or atleast i didnt find it much i think its because of the voiceacting or sth. i loved Higurashi, ya some of the arcs were meh but some of them were SUPERB and had an eerie feeling it it
    hope Another will be a good one like Higurashi

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I’m not a fan of horror series either, but Another reminds me of Shiki, and Shiki was a fantastic series, so that’s why I’m curious about Another and the reason why I’m going to watch it.
    I agree with Destiny, my other reason is that P.A.Works produced the series and they made one of my fav animes of the last year, Hanasaku Iroha

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    i loved Higurashi, ya some of the arcs were meh but some of them were SUPERB and had an eerie feeling it it
    hope Another will be a good one like Higurashi
    If the anime manages to be as good as the best arcs of Higurashi I would love it. Higurashis beginning was rather tough, it was hard to get through the middle part of the series but it unfolds all it's epicness after that. Hopefully Another will be on the same level

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I agree with Destiny, my other reason is that P.A.Works produced the series and they made one of my fav animes of the last year, Hanasaku Iroha
    I didn’t notice that at all! Thank you for mentioning it, narutonii-kun! Now I know I can expect gorgeous sceneries from this anime.

---------- Post added January 08, 2012 at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was January 03, 2012 at 09:36 PM ----------

Thanks to Ravenblitz for the pic!

Thanks to Kismet-chan for the pic!
    Girl + doll = creepy

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Michalv's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems interesting! Is this gonna be Umineko-like? XD
    Looking forward for it!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 1

Great episode is great!

- The opening was very creepy and the song reminded me of one of the VK OPs; however, the ED was very calm and soft, quite a contrast from the OP.

- This first episode did a great job immersing me in all the mysteriousness this anime has to offer. I have tons of questions from just watching this first ep, like…what cruel death took place in the school? Was Mei assassinated in the school? Was Mei killed by someone with the same name that Kouichi has? How did Mei die? What is the deal with all the creepy dolls and mannequins? All of these questions and some more have really piqued my curiosity and I’m sure looking forward to the next episode.

- I really liked the instrumental song that was played at the very beginning of the episode; I hope this anime’s OST is as good as the one Shiki has.

- Rei-chan is pure win! ^_^
    Last edited by destiny4ever; January 09, 2012 at 09:36 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of boredom studying, I tried Another's first episode today.

First time watching horror anime, and I won't ever watch this in the evening.

Awesome opening. I like how the story is narrated, and like destiny-chan also said, the instrumental is lovely too and helps to bring you into the dark and gloomy aura of the anime. First episode only laid the basis of the whole plot, introducing two of the main characters, throwing questions. It is just too dark for me, but I'm curious as well. XD

I think there has been a Sakakibara Kouichi too before. At least that is the only probable explanation of that long-haired girl's question to Sakakibara-kun at the hospital, and for Misaki's questions near the end. How they all thought he should have known things more than that...

The opening is too scary for me to enjoy. The ending is much better. ^^;

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 1 was okay, I feel like they're trying to force the scary aspect rather then let it happen naturally. Looks like it's going to be primarily story driven though, so I'll hold out since it has potential.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I think there has been a Sakakibara Kouichi too before. At least that is the only probable explanation of that long-haired girl's question to Sakakibara-kun at the hospital, and for Misaki's questions near the end. How they all thought he should have known things more than that...
    I wonder if the first Kouichi, not the male lead, was the one who killed Misaki…

One thing is certain Misaki is dead, but I do wonder just how horrible her death was for her soul to have been wandering for all those years…

Quote Quote:
    The opening is too scary for me to enjoy. The ending is much better. ^^;
    I agree.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; January 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Episode 1 was okay, I feel like they're trying to force the scary aspect rather then let it happen naturally. Looks like it's going to be primarily story driven though, so I'll hold out since it has potential.
    That is true. After all it is important to lay a basis of being scary since the beginning, right? Though I do think it is a bit too gloomy.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I wonder if the first Kouichi, not the male lead, was the one who killed Misaki…

One thing is certain Misaki is dead, but I do wonder just how horrible her death was for her soul to have been wandering for all those years...
    I wonder. Or at least he seems to be involved somehow. I can't help associating that with how his friends asked him "Are you sure you haven't been here before?" and Misaki's questions.

Is it possible that the girl just posed as Misaki? Like, trying to make the legend comes true then perhaps doing ad things on her name. ^^;

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast