Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another

Quote Quote:
    Episode 1 was okay, I feel like they're trying to force the scary aspect rather then let it happen naturally. Looks like it's going to be primarily story driven though, so I'll hold out since it has potential.
    I agree. Most of the time I felt like they are forcing the horror aspect in the show..and I agree with the fact that it will be story driven.
    I dislike the opening because of the song, not the animation. The song was okay but the animation was great.
    That aside, I was laughing at the part when the homerun teacher introduced the main character(is the one voicing him daisuke ono?) and
    everyone was like mannequins and then, I link that to the random mannequin shots thrown to us
    I didn't really like the distracting random mannequin shots tho <_<
    It was a weak episode but I believe it'll get better from here, I don't expect it to be another higurashi(because it was actually
    mystery + horror ) but I do expect some mystery like with Shiki(which was one of the most enjoyable horror)
    Just..it would be great if they don't overuse the music and atmosphere and characters keeping "secrets" to be the scary moments.

With the opening song lyrics and the story-telling from the start, I'm guessing there is two Misakis and the lead's father knows about the first one or maybe even the second one. I don't think they are the same person.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Is it possible that the girl just posed as Misaki? Like, trying to make the legend comes true then perhaps doing ad things on her name. ^^;
    I think she is the real Misaki; she is really pale and she looks identical to the girl who died years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    That aside, I was laughing at the part when the homerun teacher introduced the main character(is the one voicing him daisuke ono?) and
    No, I don’t think he is Daisuke Ono, his voice was different.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I wasn't sure but I kindda remember his voice from somewhere. Then I realized it was touma's voice from index
    so it has to be atsushi abe.

Quote Quote:
    Is it possible that the girl just posed as Misaki? Like, trying to make the legend comes true then perhaps doing ad things on her name. ^^;
    Lol for some reason this reminds me of mystery and umineko. I think its possible, I mean if Misaki is actually dead a long time ago, she might be carrying on her "will" or something. She may be doing it on purpose/looking identical.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I think she is the real Misaki; she is really pale and she looks identical to the girl who died years ago.
    Wait, have we ever seen the actual picture of Misaki who died before? I don't remember that...

Lol for some reason this reminds me of mystery and umineko. I think its possible, I mean if Misaki is actually dead a long time ago, she might be carrying on her "will" or something. She may be doing it on purpose/looking identical.
    Yes, I agree with this. Since she also 'met' her sister in the hospital back then, I kind of thinking that she might live for her sister's sake. >__<

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I agree with this. Since she also 'met' her sister in the hospital back then, I kind of thinking that she might live for her sister's sake. >__<
    Wait…so you guys share the theory that the girl we saw in the first ep is not Misaki but her twin sister?

Wait, have we ever seen the actual picture of Misaki who died before? I don't remember that...
    Nop, but she was described at the beginning of the episode iirc…
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Wait…so you guys share the theory that the girl we saw in the first ep is not Misaki but her twin sister?

Nop, but she was described at the beginning of the episode iirc…
    Hm, kind of~ Since I don't really believe that she is only a spirit, with other friends can see her and such. Their fear of her every time Sakakibara-kun mentioned her name is strange, though, as if she is not real... I don't know. XD

The new episode didn't reveal that much, I don't really see the connection of dolls and these all. It is the idea of dolls that made me think that the Misaki we see now is real, just playing a role. But there is also countermeasure thing, and that sounds like warding evil off to me... I don't know. XD

I truly wonder what is hidden behind that eyepatch. No eyes? Or something else?

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I think others can't see her..would be kind. But I'm more skeptical and want to believe it to be more complicated
    so I think that they can see her but are ignoring her because of some reason, so Mei is actually a loner/outcast by the entire school.
    if the problem lies not with mei, maybe it lies with the entire school. Maybe the plot will be Sakaki helping mei make friends and destroying
    that legend or something.

But it is horror so expecting that would be too boring and redundant.

Quote Quote:
    uh I think it's mei(the girl in school) and she's just posing as misaki(who really died), maybe using her name or something.
    Quote Quote:
    Exactly, since we haven't see the person who died, it doesn't matter if they are identical or not, she can just use her name
    and have everyone acknowledge it for certain reasons.
    It sounds more like the mystery genre than horror so I doubt it myself.

Episode was slow and not interesting except maybe for the last part and the info that mei goes to a mannequin shop often..
    and a confirmation on a few facts. Wish another could move faster and the characters would be more interesting

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode was slow and not interesting except maybe for the last part and the info that mei goes to a mannequin shop often..
    and a confirmation on a few facts. Wish another could move faster and the characters would be more interesting
    The Manga is not really well progressed...
    Why make a anime out of it so soon dammit?
    Haven't watched the anime, only read the 10 chapters.

And I still don't get it.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think others can't see her..would be kind. But I'm more skeptical and want to believe it to be more complicated
    so I think that they can see her but are ignoring her because of some reason, so Mei is actually a loner/outcast by the entire school.
    if the problem lies not with mei, maybe it lies with the entire school. Maybe the plot will be Sakaki helping mei make friends and destroying
    that legend or something.

But it is horror so expecting that would be too boring and redundant.

uh I think it's mei(the girl in school) and she's just posing as misaki(who really died), maybe using her name or something.

Exactly, since we haven't see the person who died, it doesn't matter if they are identical or not, she can just use her name
    and have everyone acknowledge it for certain reasons.
    It sounds more like the mystery genre than horror so I doubt it myself.

I am hoping that Mei is not a ghost, it would be to obvious. It would be horrible for a suspense/horror title to have a twist so obvious that the audience can instinctively figure it out after less than a single episode. On the other hand to make the plot twist seem obvious from the beginning but then take the story in an unexpected direction is the mark of good suspense/horror. Considering the references to Stephen King and John Saul I expect something more mundane than the supernatural. Both authors best work turned the every day into horror, the Shining or Carrie being good examples. I also expect the suspense elements to be more important with very little gore.

I do not know if the class is ignoring her or can not see her but the former does seem likely. She has some connection to the Misaki who died and it would seem to fit with the story should the class be ignoring for that reason. Misaki's death seems to still hang over the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    The Manga is not really well progressed...
    Why make a anime out of it so soon dammit?
    Haven't watched the anime, only read the 10 chapters.

And I still don't get it.
    Another is based on a novel, not a manga. The manga is a tie in promoting the anime adaption.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I do not know if the class is ignoring her or can not see her but the former does seem likely. She has some connection to the Misaki who died and it would seem to fit with the story should the class be ignoring for that reason. Misaki's death seems to still hang over the class.
    I also think so, considering how those classmates who visit Sakakibara-kun still kind of noticed that she was there, but refused to do any contact with her. Even more with the existence of countermeasure group in the class. I can't help thinking what kind of countermeasures will be used. Like, warding off evils or something?

And what do dolls have to do with this? Lots of dolls are everywhere, and they can be quite scary, more than the characters or the plot. ^^;

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Michalv's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

And what do dolls have to do with this? Lots of dolls are everywhere, and they can be quite scary, more than the characters or the plot. ^^;
    The dolls are starting to creep me out ;___; Especially the doll shop (i guess?) on episode 2 D:

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen episode 3?

I thought that has always been the story about Misaki, but it seems like there is more to the story? I totally can't wait to hear it. It is also strange how those who tried to warn Sakakibara-kun about it faced some kind of trouble, with the climax like what happened in the ending, I guess. I wonder if it is really the current Misaki who did it.. or the soul of that dead Misaki?

I think the other students are going to scold Sakakibara-kun now, if not ignoring him a bit for what happened.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

wow..episode 3 and 4. Two deaths.
    poor nurse.
    Seems like whenever sakihara is getting closer to the truth, people around him dies.
    Maybe it's better left alone or something, or maybe it's a bigger conspiracy is what I think.
    And by the way, Sakihara is either not really smart or imaginative..
    I really don't have much to post here cos episode was pretty slow .

Quote Quote:
    wonder if it is really the current Misaki who did it.. or the soul of that dead Misaki?
    I still don't buy the "ghost" culprit theory. I want to think of it as something done by humans.

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Michalv's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay so now the nurse died... The people around Sakakibara is going to be killed, eh...?

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Another

I wonder if its random or they die according to how close they are to the truth or something.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast