Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: How far with Yontsu and M-21 go?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • They'll go all out.

0 0%
  • They'll go at greater than 50% strength.

3 33.33%
  • They'll go at less than 50% strength.

0 0%
  • She'll go all out and he'll hold back.

5 55.56%
  • Other(please post)

1 11.11%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 216 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 216 Review

Short chapter which, by extension, makes for a short review this week. No prediction either because I honestly couldn't think of one that I thought would be interesting enough to be worth mentioning.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Dammit, I ruined his suit! Now what's he going to wear to our wedding!

This week starts out with Dr. Robotnik heading up to the boss's office to complain about the Union people only to find the office in shambles and the boss as frustrated as he is but powerless to do anything about it. The level of strength, and control of that strength, the Cerberus people had shown was just to far beyond them.

Back at the school Yontsu and M-21's duel starts up. She incrementally raises her strength to see just how strong he is, until she inadvertently redirects a kick with more force than she intended and hits him hard enough to send him through a concrete wall. To her amazement when the dust clears, not only is M-21 still standing, but the only real damage the attack did was to his suit. Both Yontsu and Sangeen are stunned by this because it confirms that he isn't a normal human. M-21, still seeming very unconcerned, states that he now realizes that she wasn't trying to get into the school but rather she is here to fight him.

Sangeen doesn't have time to dwell on this however because Takeo appears behind him and asks "who he is" and "what brought him here"; and despite the non-threatening questions his eyes look cold and hard. It seems Sangeen has found his dance partner for the evening.

Chapter Review

This is not what I would call a warm welcome.

Substance
    Most of the focus was on Yontsu and M-21's fight, which is gradually escalating. Yontsu was staying on the attack but was far from going full out. M-21 was defending himself but not going much further than that. In blocking Yontsu's redirected kick he exposed himself as a superhuman of some type so there isn't much reason to hold back from now on. Which should make the next chapter or so pretty fun.

Sangeen facing off with Takeo should be good too and provide an excellent opportunity to see how Takeo's strength has developed in his time in Frankenstein's care

The only revelation about the union people was that Cerberus guy wasn't just strong but had the ability to control that strength well. It's going to be interesting to see how they measure out against opponents like Regis and M-21.

Presentation
    I thought the art was on the low side of average. A lot of panels looked rough around the edges and the fighting wasn't nearly as clear and easy to follow as Yontsu and M-21's exchange at the school gate. There were some really well drawn eyes though.

Pacing was ok, though the KSA bit dragged on a bit longer than I thought it had to. I would have preferred more focus on the school battle I think.

Final Rating
    A decent, but very short chapter, which seems to have been more of a introduction chapter for next week than a stand alone one. It seems like it's primary focus was getting everything primed for this fight to go to the next level.

I give it a 2 out of 5(Perhaps a little harsh, but I grade short chapters mercilessly.)

My Previous Predictions(Current Record 6-6)

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    Are Takeo and Sangeen going to rumble? If so, how far much power do you think they will use?
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 216 Review

Enjoyable review to read as usual,it's likely that An Sangeen & Yontsu will back out after that,after all their main goal is to assess M-21's skills...

I have a little side question:do you think that from now on the chapters will contain no more than 20 pages ? Thanks!
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Dog View Post
    Enjoyable review to read as usual,it's likely that An Sangeen & Yontsu will back out after that,after all their main goal is to assess M-21's skills...

I have a little side question:do you think that from now on the chapters will contain no more than 20 pages ? Thanks!
    I think it will be back to it's usual length sooner or later. There actually isn't a set length for Noblesse, because it's a webcomic, so it varies pretty widely in that respect.

Your guess is as good as mine as to why it's been relatively short recently but I suspect it's not a permanent thing.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Are Takeo and Sangeen going to rumble? If so, how far much power do you think they will use?
    I believe they will not fight at all becouse, but they will be impresed how strong are M-21 and Yontsu...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the author & artist is working on so many things at once with the published version that the chapter length was down a bit from normal. Although its only a guess from me & I can't be sure when if this will be a normal thing from now on will go back to the usual amount of pages. We'll have to wait until next week. Also agree with your post, I think Yonsu and Sangeen will pull out after the short bout.

It would be interesting if the too have a little skirmish but I'm thinking that these two guys will talk it out at first and watch the final part of the fight between Yonsu and M-21. However, I do not think they will fight. Perhaps Franky and Rai will make an appearance shortly as well. Awesome review as always - low rating but fair.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

The real question is that where the hell is Takeo's coffin !! I mean he entered the stage knowing it was a fight with enhanced humans , and now i wonder what exactly he intends to do w/o his goddamn weapon!!

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Sangeen facing off with Takeo should be good too and provide an excellent opportunity to see how Takeo's strength has developed in his time in Frankenstein's care
    Indeed. Who do you think would win, though? If we try to analyze Takeo and Sangeen fighting skills, that is. It is hard to judge on Sangeen since we have never seen him fighting, but I quite much think that he would be a problem to Takeo. He looks like a short-range combatant for me, while Takeo is more long-range with his rifles. ^^

Not much, not yet, I think. Takeo would be careful, and Sangeen would be more to analyze how many people are enhanced and how far their skills are, IMO.

I think it will be back to it's usual length sooner or later. There actually isn't a set length for Noblesse, because it's a webcomic, so it varies pretty widely in that respect.
    Actually there isn't really definition of pages in webtoon. You can even say that webtoon only consists of one page, but a very long one. It depends on the staffs who worked on the chapter to cut that one long pages into several shorter ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    It would be interesting if the too have a little skirmish but I'm thinking that these two guys will talk it out at first and watch the final part of the fight between Yonsu and M-21. However, I do not think they will fight. Perhaps Franky and Rai will make an appearance shortly as well. Awesome review as always - low rating but fair.
    I do wonder what Frank and Rai would do if they happened to be there when the fights were on.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review!Cheers to that!
    I definitely agree with the review score...pure action chapters don't offer much, so in that case the art and conversations are the main focus...which didn't excel...

I would like to wager a prediction though...I think it's the one I said in the chapter discussion thread as well...

Judging from the reactions of the doctor, it's pretty easy to conclude that neither KSA agents are that strong, or at least not M-21 and Takeo level...I think KSA is way in over its head, though their cooperation with the Union might serve Rai and co. to get more info...so I'd like both KSA agents to be kidnapped or defeated and taken before Rai and Franky...

So following the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" pattern the KSA agents will serve as informers for Franky, but only because they will want KSA safe from the Union...

Of course this is a very simple-minded prediction, because there were enough clues that the kids from school will be involved again, not to mention the probability that one of the union agents will sense this fight and spy on both KSA and M-21 and Takeo...

Any thoughts on any of these possibilities?

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

And the poll...I chose that both will go over 50%...but that just means M-21 will obliterate IMO...

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    So following the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" pattern the KSA agents will serve as informers for Franky, but only because they will want KSA safe from the Union...

Of course this is a very simple-minded prediction, because there were enough clues that the kids from school will be involved again, not to mention the probability that one of the union agents will sense this fight and spy on both KSA and M-21 and Takeo...
    Frank doesn't seem to like meddling with the agents and KSA in general anymore; he seems to be afraid that contacting them would open a chance for them to grab the students again. Though, like you said, Frank also needs information on what the Unions are up to.. He has Tao, though, so I feel like it would be delayed a bit before they finally cooperated. :3

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I would like to wager a prediction though...I think it's the one I said in the chapter discussion thread as well...

Judging from the reactions of the doctor, it's pretty easy to conclude that neither KSA agents are that strong, or at least not M-21 and Takeo level...I think KSA is way in over its head, though their cooperation with the Union might serve Rai and co. to get more info...so I'd like both KSA agents to be kidnapped or defeated and taken before Rai and Franky...

Any thoughts on any of these possibilities?
    I think that is a possibility but there is one nuance of that I can't imagine. Which is the idea of Frankenstien or Raizel in any way commanding the KSA agents.

There seems to be an ongoing theme were they guide, but never command, their allies. So if that happens I think it will be on the Agent's own initiative rather than any sort of plan. Still aside from that nuance I think what you suggest could very possibly happen.

New Reply