Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RP Forum Hangout Thread

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

RP Forum Hangout Thread

Hangout Thread, all those that are new to this or want basic intro into RPing should visit the thread, members and staff will help you out gladly. Ask questions and bring up topics about discussion on roleplaying, use the thread to invite ideas that you have so that idea might evolve into an RP.
    Last edited by Josef K.; January 14, 2012 at 08:03 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RP Forum Hangout Thread

Can we open threads to discuss RPG we're thinking about creating in order to share ideas and try to get an idea of how many people might be interested? For example, I'm thinking of starting a Psyren RPG or maybe even a Digimon RPG and have ideas for both, but I'd rather establish that a few people would be interested (provided my story is good lol) before spending hours fleshing out those ideas. Or would such a thread just be the OOC thread?

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course, those threads all go into the OOC section, you start your idea there, edit the first post properly, work on it with other members and so on. You may want to use this thread to promote a really fresh idea like as you just did with posting the title.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

YES! Took long enough. I'm definately getting in on this RP buisiness. If I can be an Uchiha that is...

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    YES! Took long enough. I'm definately getting in on this RP buisiness. If I can be an Uchiha that is...
    Sure....we had a Naruto thread like that somewhere right? Let's try moving it here

/Lolo flexes his muscles and...

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Pop...the thread is here...

Keep in mind though...that the Naruto RPG was designed originally as a fighting competition thread...however this Forum is focused on narrative and character immersion, not just fights...so if one were a gamemaster or GM you have to make sure that the narrative is the most important, but still keep the balance of abilities...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

The Hunter X Hunter rpg is crazy as hell! I love Lukannons sense of strange & honesty I've got this shit bookmarked!

Man Lukannon is crazy, him and Ash are really smooth together I hope the other guys are taking their time writing their fight scenes.

FuS
    Last edited by Rosebullet Teacher; April 27, 2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: some stuff to add

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher View Post
    The Hunter X Hunter rpg is crazy as hell! I love Lukannons sense of strange & honesty I've got this shit bookmarked!

FuS
    :') I am moved to tears! Thank you!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

WAAHHHHH!!!

Where are all the people at man?

Oh yeah.

It might take a long time before I could post some other NPC drawings. I have equipment issues of late that hinder my capability to post some, so...

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, let's get this Section all lively and stuff!! Anyone got any plans for an RPG? I'm thinking of starting a Bleach one.

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    Yeah, let's get this Section all lively and stuff!! Anyone got any plans for an RPG? I'm thinking of starting a Bleach one.
    Well, I have to read a lot of Bleach to catch up. I don't know it as much as I think I know HxH.

Do I need to read Beelzebub to prepare for Prolium Academy?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Well, I have to read a lot of Bleach to catch up. I don't know it as much as I think I know HxH.

Do I need to read Beelzebub to prepare for Prolium Academy?
    If I set it up then the Bleach RPG'll be set in an alternative universe, so as long as you know about how Soul Society and the Gotei 13 work then you don't need to be fully up-to-date.

And no, you don't have to have read Beelzebub for Prolium. I wonder if it's because I say that I thought it up after reading Beelzeub that no one's signed up. :/

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    If I set it up then the Bleach RPG'll be set in an alternative universe, so as long as you know about how Soul Society and the Gotei 13 work then you don't need to be fully up-to-date.

And no, you don't have to have read Beelzebub for Prolium. I wonder if it's because I say that I thought it up after reading Beelzeub that no one's signed up. :/
    If it's Bleach I hope a lot would sign up. There's a lot less balancing needed, I think, than HxH. But yeah I'd have to read things a lot more.

Aren't you interested in joining the Naruto RPG thing? You seem to like Naruto, Tame.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Naruto, but I got the impression from the Naruto RPG thread (haven't read it all in detail) that it'd just be possibly in a tournament style, and possibly stat-based. I think trying to get incorporate all the many different elements of chakra in one system would be too difficult, and I'd prefer something story-based anyway rather than straight-up fighting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I made up an RPG game in another language before. If I translated part of what I used for the RP in English and pretty much use the same system. Would that be acceptable?

Also, the way my game work is different from those one I've seen around here. 2-3 sentences for GM (me) isn't rare. And 2-3 Sentences for normal players aren't rare either. It's on purpose, though, to give players as much interaction as possible in the way they want.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I made up an RPG game in another language before. If I translated part of what I used for the RP in English and pretty much use the same system. Would that be acceptable?

Also, the way my game work is different from those one I've seen around here. 2-3 sentences for GM (me) isn't rare. And 2-3 Sentences for normal players aren't rare either. It's on purpose, though, to give players as much interaction as possible in the way they want.
    Cool, what's the RPG about?

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast