Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Miata Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Miata Discussion Thread

Miata is just a brat but she's already a no. 1 material. Meaning by the time she matures she'll positively be a monster. Now Imagine if she then goes on to awaken... Priscilla might have real competition there.
    Last edited by Miyagi; July 13, 2012 at 02:56 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 128 Discussion/ 129 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Miata is just a brat but she's already a no. 1 material. Meaning by the time she matures she'll positively be a monster. Now Imagine if she then goes on to awaken... Priscilla might have real competition there.
    I wouldn't say that....not just you, but I'm not sure why people make so many comparisons to Miata and Priscilla...it's one thing if we're talking about the mental instability, but power-wise? Their is nothing suggesting that Miata would be any stronger then any AO we've seen...while we can argue about which AO is stronger then which, their isn't anything at this point that suggests she'd have a power that exceeds Abyssals....she'd simply be a "normal" Abyssal if she fully-awakened, whatever that implies.

Though, as far as mental instability goes, she's better off then Priscilla...at least she's not suffering from multiple personalities, (essentially) insomnia, and so on....Miata's behavior simply seems to be a PTSD-type thing....she's been taken care of quite well since Clarice came into her life.
    Last edited by Miyagi; July 13, 2012 at 02:57 AM.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I wouldn't say that....not just you, but I'm not sure why people make so many comparisons to Miata and Priscilla...it's one thing if we're talking about the mental instability, but power-wise? Their is nothing suggesting that Miata would be any stronger then any AO we've seen...while we can argue about which AO is stronger then which, their isn't anything at this point that suggests she'd have a power that exceeds Abyssals....she'd simply be a "normal" Abyssal if she fully-awakened, whatever that implies.

Though, as far as mental instability goes, she's better off then Priscilla...at least she's not suffering from multiple personalities, (essentially) insomnia, and so on....Miata's behavior simply seems to be a PTSD-type thing....she's been taken care of quite well since Clarice came into her life.
    She'll definitely be beyond Abyssal level, or at least at the very top power an Abyssal can be. Miata is shares resemblance of Teresa in strength and utility. Both their abilities can work essentially in the same manner, however one is reliant on Yoki reading and perception and the other relies on hyper intuitive senses and reflex(instinctive fighting). They both showed a ridiculous levels of capability at a young ages which is already surpassing Claymores Claymores in the single digits. Miata is already at the level of fighting AB's virtually alone (minor help from Clarice) and she has yet to have her basic attributes fully emerge and her special ability refined. I refer to her as a type two Teresa, they're like to branches of research that came to the same end result. At adulthood i have no doubt Miata will be as strong as Teresa was if not even a bit stronger in some respective attributes.

Awakened I don't think she'll have the same raw power as Priscella. As a Claymore Priscella was impressive but as an AB she's pretty much a unique existence. That said though, Its not all about Raw power in the Claymore world. Hell I'd be willing to say that even Hysteria if she fought the way we all envision a speed AB fighting would potentially be able to kill Priscella(Keep in mind that Priscella almost never hits first, classic strong guy syndrome). So a fully mature awakened Miata would certainly stand a chance, winning though no idea, maybe we'll get to see it happen one day.

p.s.

When you look at in in the right perspective Clarice and Miata are just Teresa and Clare in a role reversal, with a few details changed here and there.
    Last edited by SaphG1; July 10, 2012 at 01:40 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    Awakened I don't think she'll have the same raw power as Priscella. As a Claymore Priscella was impressive but as an AB she's pretty much a unique existence. That said though, Its not all about Raw power in the Claymore world. Hell I'd be willing to say that even Hysteria if she fought the way we all envision a speed AB fighting would potentially be able to kill Priscella(Keep in mind that Priscella almost never hits first, classic strong guy syndrome). So a fully mature awakened Miata would certainly stand a chance, winning though no idea, maybe we'll get to see it happen one day.
    This is all fine but do remember that Priscilla got beaten bad by corrupted Dauf ( chapter 103, page 13 ), she lost her right arm and almost half of her torso and about 1/5 o her head. Even after taking several more puches after that she regenerated all those injuries almost in an instant and kill Dauf with one blow.

So I pretty much doubt that even Awakened Miata can do something about her.
    Last edited by Brother Coa; July 10, 2012 at 02:29 AM.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Miata, saying that she will definitely be beyond Abyssal level is completely premature. And saying she will be as strong as Teresa or stronger has no basis at all. So far we've seen nothing as powerful as Teresa using 10% of her youki except for nearly awakened Priscilla. She has shown speed which only Hysteria and Clare in QoB mode were close to and strength which only Priscilla has shown (her fight with Rosemary). Miata on the other hand while impressive hasn't shown anything even close to it. Her 'only' feat was killing weak ABs with her bare hands which obviously weren't single digits. For all we know Rafaela/Riful/Isley could do this as trainees also and Teresa definitely could (after all she was roaming completely unarmed through forests were ABs and youma were). And Miata's sixth sense isn't that great if she couldn't even notice what Agatha was doing to her. As a fighting ability it's pretty useless and from what we've seen it could be used only for tracking.
    Last edited by Miyagi; July 13, 2012 at 02:58 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post

As for Miata, saying that she will definitely be beyond Abyssal level is completely premature. And saying she will be as strong as Teresa or stronger has no basis at all. So far we've seen nothing as powerful as Teresa using 10% of her youki except for nearly awakened Priscilla. She has shown speed which only Hysteria and Clare in QoB mode were close to and strength which only Priscilla has shown (her fight with Rosemary). Miata on the other hand while impressive hasn't shown anything even close to it. Her 'only' feat was killing weak ABs with her bare hands which obviously weren't single digits. For all we know Rafaela/Riful/Isley could do this as trainees also and Teresa definitely could (after all she was roaming completely unarmed through forests were ABs and youma were). And Miata's sixth sense isn't that great if she couldn't even notice what Agatha was doing to her. As a fighting ability it's pretty useless and from what we've seen it could be used only for tracking.
    was the fact that she has the mentality of a 5 year old not the reason that she is n4 not n1.....and really mitia is very strong and her six sense ability is useful but she is useless in battle right now...maybe in like 7 years of training/growing up mentally , then she would be at her potential
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry SaphG1, but I'm with Gooral on this one....where on earth you're getting the idea that Miata would be so profoundly strong that she would be in the same category as Teresa or Priscilla....where does that come from?

Just because her mental instability makes us think Priscilla means nothing....her "sixth sense", in which she can track people down by using her enhanced five senses without leaking yoki , is nothing like Teresa's "spider-sense"-type ability in which she can sense people's yoki to a fine-degree; particularly because Miata's ability isn't something fit for battle but merely to track warriors down, as Gooral said....once she's in an actual battle, it doesn't get used at all.

The rotten core however is the idea she has raw power enough that she would exceed Abyssals....where does that come from? Tremondous strength that any warrior of sufficient power could do, a unique sensing ability, mental instability....

I think you're taking the similarities too far -- she's shown similar characteristics and behavior, but their is nothing suggesting that Miata would be that powerful in time, if ever. I understand if this is just your personal opinion, but I don't see anything that says that Miata's potential goes that far...she's just shown some traits that may remind us of Teresa and Priscilla, and that's about as far as it goes, and even then, their is nothing really unique about that....Ophelia was the first to show similar instability, Undine has shown incredible strength, Galatea's own manipulation made Claire think of her/Teresa's power until she saw the differences....see?
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

11. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing that indicates that Miata would be above abyssal level if she awakens,but she is surely n.1 material (but she is far from level 1 for now....).
    Last edited by Miyagi; July 13, 2012 at 02:58 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
    I'm sorry SaphG1, but I'm with Gooral on this one....where on earth you're getting the idea that Miata would be so profoundly strong that she would be in the same category as Teresa or Priscilla....where does that come from?

Just because her mental instability makes us think Priscilla means nothing....her "sixth sense", in which she can track people down by using her enhanced five senses without leaking yoki , is nothing like Teresa's "spider-sense"-type ability in which she can sense people's yoki to a fine-degree; particularly because Miata's ability isn't something fit for battle but merely to track warriors down, as Gooral said....once she's in an actual battle, it doesn't get used at all.

The rotten core however is the idea she has raw power enough that she would exceed Abyssals....where does that come from? Tremondous strength that any warrior of sufficient power could do, a unique sensing ability, mental instability....

I think you're taking the similarities too far -- she's shown similar characteristics and behavior, but their is nothing suggesting that Miata would be that powerful in time, if ever. I understand if this is just your personal opinion, but I don't see anything that says that Miata's potential goes that far...she's just shown some traits that may remind us of Teresa and Priscilla, and that's about as far as it goes, and even then, their is nothing really unique about that....Ophelia was the first to show similar instability, Undine has shown incredible strength, Galatea's own manipulation made Claire think of her/Teresa's power until she saw the differences....see?
    Good post more clear could not be,
    Because it's not the same is kill ant to kill dinosaur, those yomas or awakening Priscilla or teresa could've able to kill them with a finger little pinky.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Malak
    1- There is ABSOLUTELY nothing that indicates that Miata would be above abyssal level if she awakens,but she is surely n.1 material (but she is far from level 1 for now....).
    That's something else as well....she has No.1 potential, but clearly, she's not a Number 1...you can argue that, that role was already reserved beforehand for Alicia (No.2 for Beth), but it's irrelevant because her mental instability clearly stopped her from reaching her full potential, whatever that may be.

Miata's role was always a strange one - I sum up much of my personal beliefs regarding her in this post here (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=623) in a talk with Ryus, as well as the Org's mentality at that point (which still is the same)....I always saw her as little more as a garbage disposal; the Org's personal Pieta, for getting rid of warriors who began to learn too much, been around too long, or for whatever reason, were better off dead....Clarice put together the facts and figured out about the Ghosts....the Org sent her to Miata to die, but Miata clung to her, so they sent her to Galatea....where, as I argue in that post, the Org finally would learn whether or not they really were trash or treasure.

But getting back on track, this all boils down to raw power and their is nothing suggesting Miata would be that strong...even if she was, nothing else suggests that she has exponential growth, which only Priscilla is confirmed to have up till now, so all that power wouldn't manifest even if she did awaken....you can argue that the Org's ignorance to warrior's true potential, which has been going on for ages, may be a plausible reason for why they only call her No.1 material and not Teresa-material, but alone, that's not much, especially since their hasn't been anything else suggesting she is still stronger then any of the AO's....for all we know, if she awakens, she turns out to be the weakest one yet....and given her instability, I wouldn't be surprised by that...

Because again, she's not like Priscilla - she doesn't have exponential growth....even if she really did have No.1 potential, all that raw power wouldn't be as much if she trained and were a refined warrior and awakened freely as Riful noted....her instability has made her less-then-valuable to the Org, so they locked her away (if her power was too weak, they would have just killed her)...if she ever were to awaken, I doubt she would be much at all because she never realized her full potential, whatever that is.

For all that she is, right now, Miata is vastly more bark then she is bite....she could be an incredible warrior indeed in time, and she's on that track...but she's still got a long way to go and their isn't much that says her full potential would be ground-breaking or anything anyway (not that their needs to be any more ground-breaking powers at this point anyway). Oh sure, their are theories like Revan's that maybe she was an experimental Feeder, or has traits and abilities akin to them, or that she's, in anyway, some sort of special project....

Right now though, I'd prefer to hold off on all that stuff....at the very least, I do hope that Yagi has some future for her in mind, as all the other characters, but I guess we'll see...I have a sad feeling he's just holding off until he feels she's relevant before thinking of an actual future or ways of expanding her - probably goes that way for others as well.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    A few considerations about the last posts:

1- There is ABSOLUTELY nothing that indicates that Miata would be above abyssal level if she awakens,but she is surely n.1 material (but she is far from level 1 for now....).
    [I'm quoting your post for convenience, it's not directly aimed at you] I was exaggerating (on purpose, might I add) in my initial post about Miata. She's number one material, but I agree that there's no factual indication that she'll actually be on Teresa or Priscilla's levels.

But she does hold a single digit position (a high one at that) when she's far from having reached her potential. This is just speculation, but it doesn't seem like she has been certified for that long. Meaning she might have entered the ranks up there like Teresa and Priscilla.

I think the idea was that if all the screws were there in her head she could (now?) aim to be no. 1. At least that's how I understood it. The raw power is there, but the mental is missing. She's still a child, so surely she has years left to mature?
    Last edited by Miyagi; July 13, 2012 at 02:59 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

miata has always gave me that riful vibe...like she was to young to deal with it (the power).
    the twins didn't even have numbers...miata is about their age...she's very powerful...
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OH this is going to be a long one!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post

You know usually i don't get annoyed by discussion because i know people are passionate to defense their opinions but I don't know whether to use the words pompous or pretentious when I read your posts sometimes. where on earth do you get the gall to come off to other people with your rotten core attitude of better then thou? where does THAT come from? Try to tone it a bit friendlier next time champ, we'll get along swimmingly if you do, I'm sure.

But I digress

I wasn't comparing Miata to Priscella at all, why are you jumping to that conclusion? I didn't compare them at all to one another in fact. I said she paralleled Teresa heavily which she does. Priscella as a CLAYMORE wasn't even mentally unstable, she was a spoiled brat who saw in black and white. Her instability comes later and has nothing to do with her latent power. As to Teresa vs Miata I DID NOT say that they were exactly the same but the similarities have been shown many times.

To phrase it exactly from chapter 73

Quote Quote:
    Actually rather then unique, it an ability fundamental to humans, no to all creatures really. Vision, hearing, smell, taste, touch, Miata excels in the five senses and thus can fight without relying on the “filter” of thought instead relying merely on instinct. And the sense that results from these highly sharpened five senses…a sixth sense to speak is a special power that Miata has obtained.

To illustrate it in words one could simply call it “quick perception”

Both Teresa and Miata are characters make use of a perception based ability in combat that allows them to fight in an incredibly accurate and 'cost effective' manner while losing no combat ability. Both abilities afford them levels of perception that work in combat and as a utility...and both abilities overlap with the 'eye' of the organization in their respective manners. More on that in a moment....

----
    @Goral

Your "Paws" example isn't quite right, in paws you are still reacting by visual cue alone. that means time for information to be taken in by eyes, perceived by your brain then the response(moving your hands) is circulated down through the body and to the limbs. Paws works because the relative speed of human reflex and response time is identical. Try playing paws with a mouse trap and you'll see the difference. Teresa processes the same information without any physical cue, cutting out the middle man in the thought porcess and letting her block on sense and instinct(much like how Miata's ability is described). Her already incredible reflexes have a head start on the action...thus she doesn't NEED to be as fast as the attacker, she can be slower, not a lot slower but slower.

----

parallel two:

Miata is to track down Galatea over an incredible distance. Galatea has been keeping her Yoki suppressed well enough that she has been able to avoid even the current eye of the Organization Renee. Galatea has been avoiding detection for years, keeping her Yoki fully suppressed.

Chapter 64 Rafaela is found by a young Teresa even though her Yoki is fully suppressed. Arguably Rafaela is as good or better at suppressing her Yoki as Galatea and had been doing so for years.

Both occasions we have fairly young warriors capable of sensing other warriors even when not emitting Yoki. We can speculate that in Teresa's case she might have only been passing by and noticed it. Miata does a similar feat without any coincidence of being near her target. definitely comparable.

Parallel three:

Teresa is a warrior who fights wither her Yoki fully suppressed while suffering no loss of combat ability. She is able to fight groups of yoma, Awakened beings and even other warriors at less then ten percent of her power. in essence she fights without her eyes ever turning from silver to gold.

Miata has been depicted fighting with her energy forcefully suppressed by suppressant pills. She is capable sensing and fighting groups of yoma in a fully suppressed state beyond the natural level of suppression (eyes completely normal colored), chapter 73 pg 14-26.

parallel four:

Teresa unlike any Claymore seen up until Miata has been depicted as tearing apart enemies with her bare hands. and does so while once again using almost no Yoki. extra scene 1(chp73.1) pg 26 Teresa tears off Rosemary's awakened arm with ease.

Miata is shown to be capable of of ripping a creature apart with her bare hands (DEPICTED, is not fan speculation). Chapter 73 25-27. She does so like Teresa with her yoki in a suppressed state, though seemingly more suppressed then even Teresa. Chapter 77 pg.8-9 at regular Yoki levels but with nearly severed wrists Miata is depicted with enough strength to move an awakened no.2 bigger then most buildings around her. She even tears off a tendril or two in the process.

They're the only two Claymores ever shown to have the kind of raw physical power to do damage without the use of a sword and both have been shown to be physically strong enough that it surprises high level awakened beings. speculate all you like on others being able to do the same but this is whats been actually shown by Yagi, no guessing required.

parallel five:

Teresa has been depicted as fighting and defeating Awakened beings while keeping her Yoki fully suppressed and relying on her natural power and perception ability. extra scene 1 pg 17-28

it is mentioned and depicted (though not graphically) That Clarice and Miata fought both Yoma and Awakened beings "countless times" while tracking Galatea. All during this time Miata is being force fed energy suppressants, indicating that she is fighting and killing even AB level opponents in a full suppressed state. Chapter 78 pg28

so cheeky Shieky

When i say they're similar in power and ability I'm not just talking out of my ass, I'm going by what been shown to us by the mangaka. Seriously, you would have to be blind to miss some of these especially when they're drawn right for you in the manga themselves.

Does it mean that Miata right now is as powerful as Teresa? negative, no one is even debating that. the character has shown performing feats that imply fairly strongly the possibility that Miata will be comparable to Teresa should she live that long to reach her full potential. Does it mean that awakened Miata will be as powerful a Priscella? Does Teresa being Teresa mean that her awakened form would be as powerful as Priscella? No and No, however IF Teresa were to awaken theirs a strong possibility her abilities would surpass an AO, That same possibility exists for Miata.

You can have your fun refuting my opinions as much as you like but don't treat my like I'm asinine and base my opinions on nothing. If you can find me any Claymore who so purposely resembles Teresa(Clarice and Miata are a reverse analogue of Clare and Teresa...can't miss that) and power and ability I would love to see it. However my best guess is that you'll just take your time trying to dissect any credibility in my opinion with whatever nit-picking aspect is there to be found. I don't plan to change my opinion even if you do, so have at it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Miata, I agree with the four points you've made (for the most part) however none of these takes Miata even close to Teresa when it comes to power level.

P. 1 (don't know why you call it 2) - to be honest that just shows that Miata is good at tracking and that's it. It's a useless ability in combat and could even be disadvantegous if she was really going by her smell and not sixth sense (since a fart could knock her out).

P.2 (3) - I see nothing special in it. Every single digit warrior should have been able to do the same (and surely one that had potential to become #1), it's not like they suddenly can't hear, smell, see or feel (for example ground shaking).

P.3 (4) - I rememberd wrong. I thought that Miata was also tearing ABs apart but in fact she did so only with youma. That's really nothing special and I'm pretty sure even Sophia could do something like this (not to mention Isley/Riful/Luciella as Claymores). As for her moving Agatha bigger than a building - wrong. She only moved Agatha on top of that platform, the platform didn't even budge. We do not know what level of strength that required so it is a speculation that we've never seen that level of strength. For all we know Yuma's throw is just as powerful, or Sophia's attacks that can chop a thick column.

P.4 (5) - you're repeating yourself

Anyway, what matters to me is that Miata hasn't shown anything close to Teresa's power or speed. There is just too much of a difference between them and between the opponents they fought. There is also the fact that Miata, despite her sixth sense could not notice (neither by sight nor touch) that she had her hands being cut off bit by bit. Not until it was too late. Basically it looks like she has the 6th sense for a price of dulling other senses and if she was bleeding to death she wouldn't even notice it and would die.
    Last edited by Miyagi; July 13, 2012 at 02:59 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Even more so miata sword style is single slashing with i only see those who use those style release a maximum of six or seven consecutive slash as form of attack, and we see Irene went she shopper those two yoma it was a close range and she was untouched by a single drop of blood with take me to a two conclusion -one she block with her sword each single drop of blood with is compared to a rain or two she was moving so fast while it look like walking that she Dodge each single drop of blood -and now tink about teresa who was moving even faster than Irene an her lower gears /now to try to compared miata who could not even take down Galatea is ridiculous Galatea is not more that a small fly and miata is even more small fly than Galatea, the ghost don't even considered miata a good increase in the fighting power other way they would've surprise to have someone with such power level.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast