Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Most Powerful AO

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alicia

12 29.27%
  • Beth

0 0%
  • Cassandra

14 34.15%
  • Hysteria

1 2.44%
  • Isley

10 24.39%
  • Luciela

1 2.44%
  • Riful

2 4.88%
  • Rosemary

1 2.44%
  • Roxanne

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The AO Ranking and Discussion Thread (Spoiler Warning)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The AO Ranking and Discussion Thread (Spoiler Warning)

Quote Originally Posted by spit View Post
    i quite agree with what i read from HK's post somewhere ---- that speed is very very important factor.
    I don't think it was me who's post you're talking about, as I don't think I've ever really discussed Hysteria's speed, let alone avocated for it's "prowess". As, I'm not a fan of "travel speed", but rather instead of "combat speed". Miria-Hysteria may be fast, in moving towards (or away from) their opponents, but once they're close, then it's about "combat speed", Attack Quickness (AQ), and I feel Cassandra wins here. Hysteria's ES and/or Miria's AS vs Cassandra's "Dust Eater" (DE), Cassandra wins.

-----------------

AO Hysteria's speed does seem to make it impossible for the Ghosts to win against...

But, aside from the speed problem, I wouldn't count out Deneve... yet, *grins*
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

i consider beings that are beyond AO still AO
    the same as awakened beings are still yoma just on higher level
    therefore destroyer,Priscilla are AO that are on higher level you can call them beyondAO they will be AO nonetheless

not saying it is like i said - i imagine it that way
    as for Rosemary thats a difficult one - she WAS #1! she had qualifications no matter how strong or weak she was #1 is #1 + #1 can be weak no matter what generation..
    the fact that stronger claymore (teresa) came doesnt change that she had qualifications therefore i consider her AO too

btw
    the problem in finding out true strength is that you cant measure strength of beings that doesnt have the same kind of power if one is armored the other one quick what is better? it all depends in utilising power --> intelligence matter, condditions matter ---> there is no way deciding this solely on paper statistics.. thats bad but also much more good - we can debate over it

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to compare really since certain match up may favor certain awaken forms. I would say Isley, Riful and Luciella are about equal in power (Isley and Luciella was shown to be just about equal in their fight). Alicia may be a good counter to Riful but not necessarily to Isley or Luciela. I would may be classify her to be slightly stronger then the 3 but she really cannot dominate any of them.

I would say all three zombie AOs are weaker then the original with Cassandra being the strongest. Hysteria may be stronger then Roxanne but she may lose in a real fight since her pride is her downfall.

I am firmly in the camp that think Rosemary was not a strong No.1 and thus no where near AO class.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It would appear that my original thoughts were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I'll get you an explanation when I have more time/can copy other explanations over.

However, for the moment:

1. Alicia
    2. Isley
    3. Cassandra
    4. Riful
    5. Hysteria
    6. Luciela
    7. Rosemary
    8. Beth
    9. Roxanne
    Hysteria's clearly lower than I put her. Perhaps Beth should be higher, but I'm not sure.

With Rosemary, we didn't see enough to really know. If you can tank/avoid Roxanne's spears/needles/whatever they are, you win, so on that front, Rosemary could probably do it.

If I looked at it now, I'd probably put it as this:

1. Alicia
    2. Isley
    3. Cassandra
    4. Riful (It's close between Cassandra and Riful, but Cassandra can eat Riful, plus Riful wasn't overwhelming quick, so I give the edge to Cassandra)
    5. Luciela
    6. Beth (Hysteria has more speed, but isn't durable at all, so if Beth can land a hit, and she's far more durable than a Claymore...)
    7. Hysteria
    8. Rosemary
    9. Roxanne

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

1) alicia - has the advantage of being a custom made abyssal one...was most likely the most powerful...would have loved to have seen her vs isley
    2) beth - it's hard to say how powerful she was/how the rod effected her, but i see no reason why she wouldn't have been at least equal to alicia
    3) isley
    4) riful - my personal fav of the bunch, i thought she had a great awakened form, without any obvious weaknesses
    5) hysteria - i know, the performance we just saw from her was lackluster to say the least...but if we were to match her up against another abyssal one, and she fought more seriously, i think she'd be a big problem with her overwhelming speed
    6) cassandra
    7) luciela
    8) roxanne
    9) rosemary

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SutterCain View Post
    1) alicia - has the advantage of being a custom made abyssal one...was most likely the most powerful...would have loved to have seen her vs isley
    2) beth - it's hard to say how powerful she was/how the rod effected her, but i see no reason why she wouldn't have been at least equal to alicia
    3) isley
    4) riful - my personal fav of the bunch, i thought she had a great awakened form, without any obvious weaknesses
    5) hysteria - i know, the performance we just saw from her was lackluster to say the least...but if we were to match her up against another abyssal one, and she fought more seriously, i think she'd be a big problem with her overwhelming speed
    6) cassandra
    7) luciela
    8) roxanne
    9) rosemary
    1) Alicia ( no doubt she was the strongest AO )
    2)Cassandra- Her dust eater like attack style paired with her regeneration and ability to eat anything plus the heads move very fast makes her stronger then Isley
    3) Isely
    4) Riful-
    5)Roxanne- She pretty much killed Hysteria before Cassandra bit her, on top of that i think if she was fighting another AO and they did not "know" her like Cassandra did then i think she would win.....put your hate aside people she was strong....not as strong as Cassandra but still strong.
    6)Hysteria- Fighting another AO i think her speed Would be hard to handle
    7)Luciela
    8)Rosemary- we dont know much of her ability only that Teresa went to 10% and Obliterated her.

And Beth was a number 2 when she awakened, so she is not a Abyssal One

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    2)Cassandra- Her dust eater like attack style paired with her regeneration and ability to eat anything plus the heads move very fast makes her stronger then Isley
    3) Isely
    4) Riful-
    5)Roxanne- She pretty much killed Hysteria before Cassandra bit her, on top of that i think if she was fighting another AO and they did not "know" her like Cassandra did then i think she would win.....put your hate aside people she was strong....not as strong as Cassandra but still strong.
    7)Luciela
    8)Rosemary- we dont know much of her ability only that Teresa went to 10% and Obliterated her.

Rosemary had been a No. 1, but she was a No. 2 when she awakened. :P

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is though that just like with Luciela and Rafaela they were of equal strength so the ranking was little more than a formality. We also know from the new twins that Beth's pure awakened form would've been identical to Alicia's. The strategy of having twins swap roles mid-battle just hadn't been implemented until the latest generation.

As for Rosemary I'm under the impression that she only got her promotion because no one knew who was actually responsible for Hysteria's defeat. My speculation is that any other potential candidates were slain. Despite Teresa's hiding her strength she was still eventually recognized as being above Rosemary and given a seat in the elite 8 (Rose wasn't a part of that conversation). However, I can still see her being #1 material in an "average" generation with less HAX. So here is my ranking.

Tier 1:
    Cassandra, Isley

Tier 2:
    Everyone else including Beth

Tier 3:
    Rosemary

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

3) Isely
    4) Riful-
    7)Luciela

cassandra's regeneration was impressive, but she's a little bit of a one trick pony...i say that without minimizing how powerful/effective the dust eater is, but against a battle savvy opponent, she'd be in trouble the longer the battle went on

i don't hate roxanne, in fact she was my favorite of the resurrected 3...there's no question she had the power of an abyssal one, cassandra did have to wait til she unarmed herself to go in for the kill...but she had no ability that would have given her an edge over an awakened being of equal power
    (and she & cassandra only landed blows on hysteria cause she wasn't paying attention)

and the based already covered what i had to say about beth

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SutterCain View Post
    cassandra's regeneration was impressive, but she's a little bit of a one trick pony...i say that without minimizing how powerful/effective the dust eater is, but against a battle savvy opponent, she'd be in trouble the longer the battle went on

i don't hate roxanne, in fact she was my favorite of the resurrected 3...there's no question she had the power of an abyssal one, cassandra did have to wait til she unarmed herself to go in for the kill...but she had no ability that would have given her an edge over an awakened being of equal power
    (and she & cassandra only landed blows on hysteria cause she wasn't paying attention)

and the based already covered what i had to say about beth
    ok that make sense about Cassy, Roxy and hysteria

but i dont agree The term Abyssal one is just a name to describe a number one who has awakened...so technically by definition Rosemary and Beth are not Abyssal ones. but they do posses the power of those "called abyssal ones". and besides we dont know how much power beth got from the Destroyer. but i agree that she was probably the same if not a little weaker then her sister...only because she never trained in battle as an awakened so it was all new to her.

And yeah i love Roxanne to i am hoping that the bitch is still alive some how lol :3

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FormerAbyssalone's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After really thinking about and doing some rethinking, I believe Cassandra is the most powerful. Her abilities are the same as the AFs that defeated Isley. She would simply eat him as did the AFs. Just like the Afs she is good at dodging blows to her head and she is fast enough to catch and bite Isley's sword if it came down to that. Also unlike Luciela, cassandra has larger mouths and can bite off larger chunks of attackers.
    ~A day without laughter is a day wasted~

- You better bow down to Riful!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How come everyone believes Cassandra stronger than Roxanne?

Cassadra herself flatout implied Roxanne should have beaten her any day of the weak and twice on Tuesdays if she just didnt hold back due to being too cautious and wanting to show off later. It was a clear case of the weak winning only since the stronger one no longer had the heart of a true warrior (aka Teresa being defeated by Priscilla, Isley not conquring the world since he was happy but ended up giving the org time to build the AFs, etc...). This is a major theme in this series, so Roxanne was likely far stronger (awakened form wise) but lost since she thought she was smarter but didnt realize a fool like Cassandra had figured out her fatal flaw and exploited it, end of story. (The same argument could be made with Riful vs Alicia... Riful figured out the link and was about to counter until The Destroyer unleashed salvo number one)

The best thing to ask yourself with these two is if Roxanne came back a second time knowing Cassandras words about what lead to her downfall, would she still lose? I believe the answer is no, she'd go all out from the get go and curse and torture Cassadra's dying body for as long as she could.

By simple math Roxanne could have defeated Cassandra twice over if she went all out from the beginning and would have still had 2 shots left in reserve...
    Last edited by Ryus; May 08, 2012 at 02:08 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
    (...) Cassadra herself flatout implied Roxanne should have beaten her any day of the weak (...)
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gernot's translation
    If you had used the remaining three together, you would have still had a chance to defeat me...
    She only said that Roxanne would have a chance. And seeing how pathetically she died and couldn't do a thing once she used up her projectiles I doubt she could do much more. Maybe if she had used everything she had at once she would have a chance but that would be a risky move since in the case of failure it would also leave her completely vulnerable and she didn't know exactly what Cassandra had in store and how much damage she could take. And seeing how little damage she did to Cassandra in the end and how quickly Roxanne was obliterated by her I tend to think that Cassandra was the one who was playing with Roxanne, not the other way around.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Not really.

She only said that Roxanne would have a chance. And seeing how pathetically she died and couldn't do a thing once she used up her projectiles I doubt she could do much more. Maybe if she had used everything she had at once she would have a chance but that would be a risky move since in the case of failure it would also leave her completely vulnerable and she didn't know exactly what Cassandra had in store and how much damage she could take. And seeing how little damage she did to Cassandra in the end and how quickly Roxanne was obliterated by her I tend to think that Cassandra was the one who was playing with Roxanne, not the other way around.
    First off their whole convo was banter where Cassadra was getting back at Roxanne and earlier setting her up to make her fatal mistake so take the chance with a grain of salt lolz, second the entire purpose of Cassandras final words to Roxanne was her lack of resolve killing her since she was both a coward and bitch. So it matters not if 3 in a salvo wasnt a 100% garanteed kill, cause by pure logic of whatvwe know one shot equaled easy evade and two equaled harder evade, and maybe three equaled chance of defeat or defeat... than 4 in a salvo likely would have been all but impossible to evade and what about 5 in a slavo... you know one more for good measure. Which still means Roxanne could have defeated Cassandra twice over (just without a remaindr of two assuming she didnt do 5)... plus what would stop Roxanne from using five in the first salvo just to be sure and save a three round salvo for after she was pinned to the ground bleeding her guts out? That way shed have a backup defence and be able to gloat over Cassadra later...

Next off as stated in my previous post I agree Cassadra was playing with Roxanne all along but more just so she could manipulate her into defeat than she just simply over powred her... if that was the case as you imply Cassadra's best revenge would have just to have been to pull a Teresa because you dont understand is why you are number two instead of the whole fatal flaw exploit that she did. Sorry but I think you're reading what you want to rather than what was really implied. That whole fight played out like a Greek tragedy not a power off, therefore it was Roxanne's own nature that defeated her and nothing else beyond Cassandra being bold enough to exploit it.

When you get down to it... this was Roxanne's fight to lose (meaning the odds where on her side)
    Last edited by Ryus; May 08, 2012 at 02:53 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, I don't see how Roxanne could even use her attack at a close distance (which gave Cassandra the advantage) and Roxanne was very slow as seen when Cassandra came to eat her and she couldn't do a thing (although it's strange how come she gained such distance over Cassie even though for most of the fight they were next to each other as shown in ch. 121 and 123, the most likely explanation is that it was Cassandra who did most of the work). Secondly, I don't see how she could concentrate everything she had on Cassandra, her attack was more like carpet bombing than precise strike. Also, as seen in chapter 121st, Cassie could dodge everything Roxanne threw at her and in chapter 124 (page 11) she couldn't hit such a fast target which very quickly changed it's position. And while Roxy had Cassie under her foot, seeing that Cassandra could eat Roxanne in a few bites I tend to think that she really was only playing with #2 and could defeat her any time she wanted but wanted to humiliate her, not insta-kill her (she wouldn't get her revenge if Roxanne didn't know what hit her).
    Last edited by Goral; May 08, 2012 at 02:56 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast