Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Most Powerful AO

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alicia

12 30.00%
  • Beth

0 0%
  • Cassandra

13 32.50%
  • Hysteria

1 2.50%
  • Isley

10 25.00%
  • Luciela

1 2.50%
  • Riful

2 5.00%
  • Rosemary

1 2.50%
  • Roxanne

0 0%
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The AO Ranking and Discussion Thread (Spoiler Warning)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The AO Ranking and Discussion Thread (Spoiler Warning)

I disagree. I would argue that the Priscilla Isley met was her regressed infantile personality. Maybe she looked like an adult in size, but the persona she showed after killing Teresa was absent. Just look at pages 9 and 11 of extra chapter 3. Her dialogue is utterly childish, with questions of why people are running away or Rigardo, "not looking tasty." Compare that dialogue to Priscilla's lines just as she awakens or even when she goes on the attack in the chapter 90s/100s. She talks differently.

I would argue what really sets "adult" Priscilla from her infantile personality is cruelty. Adult Priscilla is cruel and mocks her opponents. She mocked Irene after tearing her arm off and Alicia/Beth and so on. The Priscilla of the extra chapter shows none of that. I just do not see the Priscilla of the extra chapter as the adult Priscilla at all.

Also, I am not comparing Miata to Priscilla in terms of power, but rather how the state of their personalities hold them back.
    Last edited by Nixl; June 21, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    he has met her adult persona...when he confronted her in the north....she commented on the fact that he was "big". during there fight is when she slipped into the little girl with no memories(of awakening) and thinks she is looking for her family..

No if miata has the power of a number one dose that mean she is going to be used to fight prissy(if she is released) or Cassandra (if something happens and miria and co. dont make it in time)....were would you rank her in power with everyone else...i say she is stronger then helen and deneve
    I would not compared miata against Priscilla miata performance against Galatea was poor the same isley against Helen he could not even Dodge single impaled attack fro Helen /the same miata was unable to beat Galatea went they clash with the sword miata was the one who always was sending flying mining miata is inferior in strength against Galatea so to trying to make fight against Priscilla would be ridiculous and her on demise even the rest of de ghost stand no chance and am whiting form them to kicked the but

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    I would not compared miata against Priscilla miata performance against Galatea was poor the same isley against Helen he could not even Dodge single impaled attack fro Helen /the same miata was unable to beat Galatea went they clash with the sword miata was the one who always was sending flying mining miata is inferior in strength against Galatea so to trying to make fight against Priscilla would be ridiculous and her on demise even the rest of de ghost stand no chance and am whiting form them to kicked the but
    First of all, judging Miata's strength from her fight with Galatea, how to put it, is at best a very vague thing to do. Galatea can manipulate Yoki, so, basically spoken, most likely can read it, too (I think it's the same, as with reading and writing. If you can't read, you can't write). Since Miata basically is a raging pile of Yoki Galatea shouldn't have problems with that.

Concerning the physicaL strength.

Miata is a child, Galatea a woman, I'd say in her late twenties - and that is, for a Claymore, a long life to live. For a Claymore it is like getting stronger nearly all her life (even without training). How I came to that conclusion is simple: When a Claymore awakens, she unleashes all her potential (as stated at the time of Priscilla's Awakening). However, up until now, no matter how old she was, every Claymore who awakened got a power boost - meaning, that there was still potential. Ergo, a Claymore becomes stronger gradually, no matter what.

Taking the fact that Galatea already was number three and the seven years passed, I daresay that she may be even stronger than a your regular number one. Miata could not win to her, but she did not lose either. So saying that she is on number one level sounds pretty much legit to me.

On a side note: how much does Miata weigh compared to Galatea? Most likely less then half, so it should not be a problem for Galatea to toss her around while clashing in mid-air. Strength? Doesn't matter.
    Prissy still would tear her to shreds, though, as long as she has not gotten weaker in the blob.

kstefan88

PS: Please, for the sake of our poor eyes, use punctuation. At least a little.
    Quote Quote:
    Carved out of a dragon's bone, bathed in a Dragon's blood and hardened by a Dragon's breath this blade is our only true friend in battle. It will never bend, it will never break and it will never turn on our backs. If we lose it, we are lost.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kstefan88 View Post
    First of all, judging Miata's strength from her fight with Galatea, how to put it, is at best a very vague thing to do. Galatea can manipulate Yoki, so, basically spoken, most likely can read it, too (I think it's the same, as with reading and writing. If you can't read, you can't write). Since Miata basically is a raging pile of Yoki Galatea shouldn't have problems with that.

Concerning the physicaL strength.

Miata is a child, Galatea a woman, I'd say in her late twenties - and that is, for a Claymore, a long life to live. For a Claymore it is like getting stronger nearly all her life (even without training). How I came to that conclusion is simple: When a Claymore awakens, she unleashes all her potential (as stated at the time of Priscilla's Awakening). However, up until now, no matter how old she was, every Claymore who awakened got a power boost - meaning, that there was still potential. Ergo, a Claymore becomes stronger gradually, no matter what.

Taking the fact that Galatea already was number three and the seven years passed, I daresay that she may be even stronger than a your regular number one. Miata could not win to her, but she did not lose either. So saying that she is on number one level sounds pretty much legit to me.

On a side note: how much does Miata weigh compared to Galatea? Most likely less then half, so it should not be a problem for Galatea to toss her around while clashing in mid-air. Strength? Doesn't matter.
    Prissy still would tear her to shreds, though, as long as she has not gotten weaker in the blob.

kstefan88

PS: Please, for the sake of our poor eyes, use punctuation. At least a little.
    ok i was not comparing Mitia to prissy , what i was asking was how strong is mitia compared to the other Ghosts.....and would she be used in the fight agents prissy

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Yomaslayer 95's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I think miata is one of the best ways to keep prissy distracted or pinned down (using her super strenght) She isn't strong enough to defeat prissy by herself but she can certainly hold her own. As for comparing her to the other ghosts, i think she's slightly superior to miria and clare in combat effectiveness, just because of her raw power

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yomaslayer 95 View Post
    I think miata is one of the best ways to keep prissy distracted or pinned down (using her super strenght) She isn't strong enough to defeat prissy by herself but she can certainly hold her own. As for comparing her to the other ghosts, i think she's slightly superior to miria and clare in combat effectiveness, just because of her raw power
    According to Clare, you don't need strength to fight Priscilla, just speed and technique. Miata sure has great speed, but her technique is just to... raw to give Priscilla problems. So, I don't think that she actually can do something about her. She'd be slain, to put it simple.
    Quote Quote:
    Carved out of a dragon's bone, bathed in a Dragon's blood and hardened by a Dragon's breath this blade is our only true friend in battle. It will never bend, it will never break and it will never turn on our backs. If we lose it, we are lost.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Yomaslayer 95's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kstefan88 View Post
    According to Clare, you don't need strength to fight Priscilla, just speed and technique. Miata sure has great speed, but her technique is just to... raw to give Priscilla problems. So, I don't think that she actually can do something about her. She'd be slain, to put it simple.
    It's still better than throwing in tabitha or any of the lower ranking ghost's.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    It's still better than throwing in tabitha or any of the lower ranking ghost's
    Ahh, Tabitha..... One of the best pieces of background scenery Yagi has ever drawn

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yomaslayer 95 View Post
    It's still better than throwing in tabitha or any of the lower ranking ghost's.
    Ahem, cough* cough*

Let's keep Mitia, Clarice, and Brolatea out of this fight, so that we can have fun arcs later.

Let Tabitha handle this one. It is not like she has any character development to lose.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    Ahem, cough* cough*

Let's keep Mitia, Clarice, and Brolatea out of this fight, so that we can have fun arcs later.

Let Tabitha handle this one. It is not like she has any character development to lose.
    Galatea? May die.
    Clarice? May die (rather not), but then Miata will go AO (yeah yeah, she's no number one, but you know about what I mean).
    Miata? Mustn't die.
    Tabitha? Will eventually rule the world (and Miria).

Oh, and Nixl:
    Quote Quote:
    Brolatea
    I don't get that one, will you be so kind to explain?
    Quote Quote:

Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

If Tabitha is still alive by the end of the manga and in a position of power/authority I may very well eat my keyboard.

As fro Brolatea (Bro+Galatea), she has always been helping characters out from Claire, Miria, Clarice/Miata, and finally Tabitha. She is a bro.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5