Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: ???

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • The pace

0 0%
  • The humor

0 0%
  • The world-building

12 41.38%
  • The solid plot

7 24.14%
  • The action

0 0%
  • The drama

0 0%
  • Character management / development

9 31.03%
  • The vibrant art style and coloring

1 3.45%
New Reply

Thread: Best aspect of Tower of God

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hwa Ryun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Best aspect of Tower of God

What do you think is the strongest / best aspect that makes you like ToG?

Mine would be the amazing characters and great character development

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best aspect of Tower of God

What i like the most is the fact that SIU doesn't focus on one character only. We all know Baam is the main character but that doesn't mean everything is focused on him. So for us who might not like the main character, it's nice to see that other characters are almost as developped as the main character just like Koon, Wangnan, Anak etc..

I also enjoy the tests, they're always different and ingenious. SIU always manages to surprise us with the tests, just when i thought nothing would be better than the ''Crown'' test or the ''Door'' test, he proved us wrong with the ''One shot opportunity'' test. I mean this guy is brilliant, Tower of god isn't just about the action it's also very intellectual.

Therefore, i wouldn't be able to choose between the ''plot'' (for the originality of the tests) or the ''character development'' but if i had to i would choose Character development.

Great thread idea!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice to make possible multiple choice. I would say world-building: I do like the complexity of ToG world and also the fact that it seems to be a metaphor in many respects of our everyday human life.

Drama: I do really like Baam's drama: ToG seems to be in many respect a tragedy about love and loveing feelings. It has it all: love, betrayal, pain, the search for a meaning for life, friendship, solidarity, selfishness, ... pretty nice on this respect.

Character management/development. I think Rachel is the most intriguing character I have read about in a while. She deserves the award for the best bitch ever. She has intense feelings and wishes, but she is a crazy bitch, and in some respects she seems to have the mind of a psychopath... I really want to know all the details about her story.

To me, Rachel is the best female character. But this manga has much more to give in terms of female characters. Androssi is really great: a selfish, smug and powerful character who teach that you have to get dates instead of love, but who in her heart is looking for love... It's impossible not to be interested on her. And now Emile; well she has a female name, and she is trying to love the traveller, who is a guy, so I think she should be a female software (... see what this story makes me say... argggggg!). Anyway what is happening with her and the traveller, I mean, love between a human and a software, well... that deserves to be watched for sure.

Possibly the only thing I would like to be better is the art. SIU's drawing sometimes is very simplistic, and I confess some times I have thought he doesn't know much of perspective. But now I'm used to it.

Pretty nice manhwa; currently one of my favourites, being the other one One Piece.
    Last edited by ukimix; April 29, 2013 at 09:24 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Spectrum's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think TOG is the best manga/manhwa/webtoon ongoing now

The plot is extremely solid, the character development is solid and consistant. Though Baam is the main character, SIU put all the characters in the spotlight at least one time, all the characters have a history before them.

The art is very peculiar, i didn't like in the begining, but today i can't imagine TOG with other art style.

The drama and the action are very consistent too. The way Baam suffer without the company of his friends, with Rachel's betrayal, FUG's opression...

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apellon's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

the best title going on right now ... so its hard to pick only one aspect .. but i love the story plot/ world / charchter dev and of course the action and art.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Character management/development" for me.

Characters like Baam, Androssi, Anak, and others are ToG's greatest strength in my eyes. When I think to my favorite moments in ToG they all come down to those characters letting there diverse natures shine. Like when Androssi betrays all the other fisherman and explains to Baam why she did it. They way that was handled and the smart dialogue used to explain it is the kind of thing that keeps me coming back to read ToG.

I like the world building too but it takes a backseat to the characters stuff for me.

As for the plot. I'm kinda unimpressed by it so far in all honesty. Kinda seems like so far it's been average fare. In other words thought I think the world and characters are special the actual story itself has leaned heavily on those aspects rather than made them "better".
    Last edited by Jammin; June 02, 2013 at 01:42 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

New Reply