Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Could BB be Uranus?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,that sounds plausible

6 27.27%
  • No, doesnt seem right

16 72.73%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Could Blackbeard be an Ancient Weapon?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could Blackbeard be an Ancient Weapon?

There's one other thing that I believe that makes this theory plausible, the fact that when god's names are attributed to something it usually has something to due with mythology, people have been a bit too stuck on the idea of water,earth and sky weapons, when pluton pretty much contradicts that. If we instead consider not what the god's element are and focus on the whole mythologycal scene,we can find many more similarities to the weapons so far introduced, let us see :

Pluton was also the name for Hades, and is described in the manga as a ship, well I think the styx river crossing is something we've all heard about that so the relation between a boat and hell can be established, since the dead had to be carried across the river styx to make it to hell, or something like that,but the legend is pretty much this. So,instead of the element of earth, to which the boat has no relation with, there IS something we can relate between the battleship and Hades (and necessarily hell) and that is the boat.

Poseidon is clearly related to the power of controlling the oceans,which was something associated to the god Poseidon himself.

And now,after reading a bit on Uranus,I found out he emprisioned his children in some sort of jail, and if there trully is some relation between the weapons and mythology, that can be compared to what Blackbeard has been doing with Devil Fruits, emprisioning them inside his body.

Now I cant work on the details,but there's far to much of a coincidence for it not to be noticed.

I'm sorry for the crappy english.
    Last edited by Zmsp; January 10, 2012 at 09:00 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Oda won't play this card again. He already has Shirahoshi as an Ancient Weapon, thus I hope BB will be just a fat man with two strong Devil Fruits. He should be just fine with it and his big and strong crew.
    I actually see him taking other DF mostly because of his Yami Yami no mi for the most part and not due to other reasons, but I might be wrong if Oda goes the other way.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xeteboi's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Uranus has a little connection with Blackbeard's DF. In Greek Mythology, Uranus was the Father of Sky, and roots of all the Gods that's why Uranus was the last to be introduced with the Ancient Weapons and maybe BB's DF is the root of all the DF's thats why he can acquire unlimited abilities as he want .. but I just want Blackbeared to become a super villain, no ancient thing connected..
    prediction:
    Bigmom has a Queen Sugar Ant Zoan

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2