Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 212 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member unknownymous's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 212 Spoiler Thread

lol. None of what I thought would happen in this chapter happened in the chapter. Though I can say I'm pretty satisfied just by looking at the art.

It's going to be a loooooooong two months before the next chapter, but I think I'll be able to handle the matter just by starring at Allen unconscious face and the chapters art the whole time while I wait.

And it's probably not gonna happen since all my guesses so far have been wrong, but anyway, I'm thinking the next couple of chapters will be flash backs or maybe Allen talking to Nea and knowing about his reasons or something. Or if by any chance, the next chapter will have Allen waking up, the question would be whether it will be Allen or Nea coming out.

BTW, thanks so much for the raw and translations! It's a good thing the chapters ending wasn't that much of a cliff hanger. Otherwise waiting would be such a torturous event.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

the art is pretty awesome, Hoshino is changing again. Just look at the noses xDD but I liked it, can't wait to see how it'll be in colors )

Now we can lose our hope to see Lavi because with this -allen-link-14th- situation, she has a lot to explain xDD (But I know his time will come someday xD)
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I just realized - Volume 23 will probably be the most hectic volume yet if Chapters 206 to 212 are in it (it's a possibility since three chapters are under 20 pages). You have the Allen flashbacks, daily life at the Order, Lenalee and Marie, OMG KANDA'S ALIVE, Zuu dying and Mugen turning into a Crystal Type, Johnny running away, Kanda saving Johnny, Kanda and Johnny looking for Allen, OMG ALLEN, OMG WISELY AND TYKI, OMG ALLEN'S TURNING INTO THE FOURTEENTH, and OMG LINK'S ALIVE. I bet it will take Hoshino the entire month just to draw an appropriate cover/back cover.

Kanda will probably be on the cover, unfortunately. It would be such a spoiler, but Allen being on the cover would be a spoiler too. And who else would be on the cover? Johnny? Not by himself. Lenalee just had one, and Marie definitely wouldn't get one all by himself. Wisely and Tyki would be cool, I guess.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Could also become a group cover 0o0!! We didn't had that for a long time xD
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    I just realized - Volume 23 will probably be the most hectic volume yet if Chapters 206 to 212 are in it (it's a possibility since three chapters are under 20 pages). You have the Allen flashbacks, daily life at the Order, Lenalee and Marie, OMG KANDA'S ALIVE, Zuu dying and Mugen turning into a Crystal Type, Johnny running away, Kanda saving Johnny, Kanda and Johnny looking for Allen, OMG ALLEN, OMG WISELY AND TYKI, OMG ALLEN'S TURNING INTO THE FOURTEENTH, and OMG LINK'S ALIVE. I bet it will take Hoshino the entire month just to draw an appropriate cover/back cover.

Kanda will probably be on the cover, unfortunately. It would be such a spoiler, but Allen being on the cover would be a spoiler too. And who else would be on the cover? Johnny? Not by himself. Lenalee just had one, and Marie definitely wouldn't get one all by himself. Wisely and Tyki would be cool, I guess.

Yeah, will be a great volume but I don't think chap 212 will be included because, from chap 206 to 211 we have 177 pages and if we add the chap 212 we'll get an volume with 208 pages, so it would exceed the limit of pages I guess. And that's why I think its the reason for no chapter next month. Maybe hoshino will draw an extra with 20 pages to complete the volume, but is just what I expect xD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!! The chinese scan it’s out!! I gave a look to Baidu’s website the day before yesterday but it hadn’t come out yet.

I really loved the art!!! While looking at the panels from the last pages, they reminded me the labyrinth of Matera/Matel. But the best thing it’s how she develops the action, reaches a point of great climax and then relax the situation. And she ends with a mysterious cliffhanger…

Ofc, when I saw last page my first reaction was crying something like: “Link!!! He’s finally here!!!!” But then, I remembered the character’s shape we saw in the firsts pages (the one above a roof) was slightly similar to him’s, but if you look closely you will see (this is only my point of view) that the right arm seems to be naked, without wearing any coat or something similar. That shape is (yes) similar to Fiddler’s and remember that his (¿?) Noah outfit is sleeveless. This idea seemed possible for me but at the same time I found it not good because Fiddler is (I suppose) with Lavi and Bookman and Tikky and Wisely are there in the town, so two Noahs are pretty enough plus all the akumas that can arrive.

About Lulubell’s theory: it’s true the she’s the Noah that can adopt someone’s appearance but as I said before, there would be too many noahs there. Also, we don’t know is she can metamorphose herself in someone she has never seen before, unless the information of Link’s appearance comes from the Earl (remember that akumas are his eyes but I don’t know if this could be possible).

Finally, I personally started to think that something wasn’t right with him when I saw that rosary that only clergymen from Vatican (and also Cross) wear. What’s more, Link’s expression is a little weird in my opinion, (Ok, he’s going to face Kanda and he has been hiding for three months but…), and Kanda has notice a presence while chasing after Allen, when CC reacted and we could see feathers (!!) in Allen’s wound, even his arm had feathers in the last chapter… and this thing only happens (for the moment,) when Apo is near Allen’s location. That will match the fact of the rosary and also the character’s shape in the roof because Hoshino (according to the Gray Ark) gives characteristics movements and poses to each character, and in that roof that pose it’s like Apo’s in the HQ prison. For the moment, I’m tempted to think he’s Apo disguised as Link, in order to approach Allen. (That’s what my logic says, althought I’d like him to be the real Link T.T).

One more thing it’s that the vision Allen had could be Mana. Neah has been always been shown as a shorthaired guy and this could be a Neah’s memory of his brother when they were young and, again, it matches with that image of the brothers when Cross talked with Allen for the last time. (but ofc, he could be the Earl too,…).

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, IMO, after "dying", Link's appearence might have change. He is not the same one. He's officially dead, so a change of clothing and style is quite possible. I do think he is Link, but not our past Link. (Although i hope the changes are just in appearence)

Also I think Link is there to join and help Allen (the 3rd side is building up) and I think so because of Leve words: "To save Allen Walker, to save the 14th"
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/d_gray_man/c205/13.html

The thing about Leve is that Hoshino-sensei played with us till that chp, and Leve is actually on the 3rd side, and so is Link...

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I like your point of view, ying_su. I also thought that, as Link has been hiding and (it's a theory) training or something similar under Levellier's orders, his personality has changed again, becoming again a bit of how he was when he made his first appearance in the series: cold and not very friendly, under Levellierss aura. This change could also be due to the fact he couldn't protect better Allen and the Thirds, ... Also the fact he's been near to be really dead. (Also the change in appearance and style will be logical).

But now you mention it, I've just remembered that Levellier was going to do something, something that scared Zhu, do you remember? it could be related to Allen o even with Link...

But what troubles me more now it's the rosary... Link is a member of Crows and related with Central, so I can't see the point of him wearing a rosary. What's more, Apo appeared in a train station looking for Allen and he can sense very well where CC is (aproximately). Well, may be Hoshino is trollin us again!! And I hope that, if finally he's Link, the changes are also little). And ofc he must join the 3rd side with Allen!!!

P.S.: I've just noticed I didn't wrote something in my previuos post!! Hoshino only draws (I think) characters with a dark eyes' area and the eyes drawn as white circles when that character is a threat for the rest of the characters appearing in that panel/chapter (Tikky when Joyd takes possesion of him, Apo,...etc). The chacter in the roof is drawn in this way... Another thing is if he is Link/the Link at chapter's end or anyone else...

I'll stop it here... OMG, and now we have to wait till late March... T.T
    Last edited by Lomahongva; February 03, 2012 at 05:29 AM.

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

found the wonders of mouse input chinese
    here's my poor of pg 15 ...
    since my chinese is that of a 5 year old and i can't read well
    just wanted to see it
    http://darktsukikat.deviantart.com/a...g-15-282763915

14. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Haato's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was amazing!!! >ヮ<  the artwork was simply beautiful!!! and there was a decent page count to boot!!!♥

Sad there's no chapter next month tho :<

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post

It certainly will be a hectic volume, everything happens too fast in the chapters now imo, oh well..
    I'm pretty sure Kanda will most likely be on the cover tho, spoiler or naught. Heck, Timothy was on volume 18 cover's with his innocence before he was even introduced yet in the tanks, volume 19 had Allen with Road and Tyki, and on volume 21 it showed Allen in a noah-ish form before the noah part of him woke up later in the volume, and Hoshino even said in an interview that Kanda was still alive before we knew for certain. xD in short, Hoshino doesn't care about spoilers lol

so I'll be looking forward to a pretty kanda cover~♥

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I caught up, finally.

Lots of things have apparently happened.

Don't think a full script translation of this chapter is necessary (unless you guys want one?).

Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by addenza View Post
    Neah (who really looks like Tyki) appears in his line of sight as he is close to losing consciousness. He asks Allen with tears in his eyes, "Neah. Don't you hate me?" (Not sure if the Neah thing is a typo or what Hoshino-sensei intended, though... On second thought, the person might be Mana instead of Neah, which would probably make more sense, since Allen looks rather shocked...)
    I can triple assure you that the Nea part is not a typo at all (although, the name is "Nea" and not "Neah", but a lot of you guys are really use to that so oh well.. Haha.. ^_^ ). I can't read Chinese, but what I can read from the Japanese script combined with the Chinese scanlations...

Extending that part a little more:

Spoiler show

And that's all I'm going to translate out of this (for now).

The Allen and Mana!vision part is my favorite in this chapter. Allen's finally getting a glimpse at Nea's memories..., however, is it just Nea's memories? That's the interesting question whizzing thru my head.

And definitely agree with some of you guys that the Link we see at the final page looks a little....creepy.. o____o;; I keep wondering if that's really Link by the way he's looking dead serious at Kanda. At the same time, I hope he is (and not Lulu) so he can be there when Allen wakes up. ^^; Then, Allen can be relieved... Agh.. I hope Link doesn't stay in the shadows too long to protect Allen/Nea. The third side needs to build up more of its party members in order to increase the HP power!! (Yeah, I have video games in mind for some reason now...)

Edit 4 or 5?: I forgot to mention, after looking repeatedly at the Chinese scanlation, I find it interesting that both Allen and Nea are sharing a Chinese character in their names. Ironically, it's the "cross" shaped character.

As for the next chapter, February and March are going to go by really fast...

Edit edit: And to reconfirm in case anyone still have doubts... It's official that next month's SQ will NOT have DGM. >_< It says so in fine print: "Jikou ha yasusaichi shimasu"
    Last edited by tgirl; February 03, 2012 at 01:53 AM.

17. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ANGELiki's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

How Kanda can be so sure that Akuma will not appear next to Allen during his absence....? By the time Johnny screams it might be too late.... :P
    Reach out, touch infinity
    Life is just a memory
    Time is not the entity
    Like it used to be

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANGELiki View Post
    How Kanda can be so sure that Akuma will not appear next to Allen during his absence....? By the time Johnny screams it might be too late.... :P
    that's a good question, maybe he hasn't gone off to far
    and he's still keeping an ear on them
    or maybe its so the enemy/ whoever's following ( seems to be link) won't notice fast enough to react...?
    but seriously that's how problems happen in stories
    if you've even watched sister's return - korean drama
    i know its way off topic
    there things that shouldn't happen
    but then the story would be over in a couple of episodes instead of 120?

in any case there's always Neah right?!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ANGELiki's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha yes. I mean, the Earl had absolutely NO REASON to flee when he met Allen for the second time, at chapter 4 page 13.
    http://www.mangareader.net/210-15095...chapter-4.html
    "I guess I won't be able to handle you at this level. I'll flee for now!<3" ?????????? Really, Earl? You can't handle him?
    (I suppose it had something to do with Nea)
    Well, of course if Allen got killed at chapter 4... XD Then we wouldn't have this awesome manga!
    My explanation is that Kanda is a little dumb... :P But he is so sexy I can forgive him <3
    Reach out, touch infinity
    Life is just a memory
    Time is not the entity
    Like it used to be

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else think that link could be cross? O: I was thinking about it now and sounds that it could be oO maybe he's trying to protect the 14th

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast