Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 356 Discussion/357 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 356 Discussion/357 Prediction Thread

Well yeah, I thought it was awesome but thats my opinon. Reika haters wouldn't like it till she died lol. I'm saying we finally got to see the chick who cleared the most for the team except from Izumi, in some action and I thought it looked pretty cool but kurono's rage part in the chapter was the best.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

'Recklessness kills a puppet.' Man, I thought that was pretty cruel for Kei2.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I kind of respected Kei2's dismissive moment towards Reika. It makes him feel a little more three-dimensional knowing that he hadn't automatically fallen in love with her just because he had little choice in the matter.

Also guess that Takeda's the only one with an Z-gun right now, unless Nishi can remember where he put his.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enn View Post
    'Recklessness kills a puppet.' Man, I thought that was pretty cruel for Kei2.

thats why I love oku, he's so cold and truthful with his shit "some people aren't meant to be heros"

I dunno, I could careless if reika dies, I want kei2 to stick around. and I want him to see tae.

I dont want to see fuckin 5 panels of kei2 screamin tae-chan though. For a guy that releases his manga's so infrequently, there's little substance to each issue.

Although gantz never was a text heavy manga in the first place. Just didn't matter as much to me when I was reading the issue back to back.

Now that I have to wait a month for each issue, I have no desire to see at least 2 full pages worth of shots of people breathing.

If Oku kills off Kei2 without maximizing his potential as a character, I will be seriously disappointed.
    Last edited by kliff2004; January 28, 2012 at 09:46 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If that's how Kei dies it's pretty lame. He didn't have to stay behind at all... Did anyone in the audience actually feel like the alien was a threat worth staying behind for?

I have a hard time believing this is the end because it's so anti-climactic. Kei2 has amounted to absolutely nothing thus far. That kind of thing would have been okay earlier in the series. People die for no reason, good characters die instantly etc. ... but at this level you need to have some meaning behind their actions. It's the finale. Making characters do strange things for no reason just to get rid of them doesn't really cut it at this stage. Especially when we're unlikely to get new characters. Got to make them count!

9. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    If that's how Kei dies it's pretty lame. He didn't have to stay behind at all... Did anyone in the audience actually feel like the alien was a threat worth staying behind for?

I have a hard time believing this is the end because it's so anti-climactic. Kei2 has amounted to absolutely nothing thus far. That kind of thing would have been okay earlier in the series. People die for no reason, good characters die instantly etc. ... but at this level you need to have some meaning behind their actions. It's the finale. Making characters do strange things for no reason just to get rid of them doesn't really cut it at this stage. Especially when we're unlikely to get new characters. Got to make them count!
    well mother fucking said

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Nooo Reika, don't do it. Don't die on me. Run away! It's not worth it, in the end he still was just longing for Tae. There is a life after the first love, believe me!

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I don't think it's the end for him either but like I stated earlier, when Kei stated that he wished he could see Tae one last time implying that he went there to die. Perhaps he semi suicidal right now and his recent vocal-ism about not being just a copy and a real Kei too sorta shows off that he mustve been struggling with the issue for a while in his head. Maybe he's weary of living a lie.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    Well I don't think it's the end for him either but like I stated earlier, when Kei stated that he wished he could see Tae one last time implying that he went there to die. Perhaps he semi suicidal right now and his recent vocal-ism about not being just a copy and a real Kei too sorta shows off that he mustve been struggling with the issue for a while in his head. Maybe he's weary of living a lie.
    is he aware tae is alive though?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    is it really the case? i think he said that intentionally hoping that reika would hate/forget about him and run. In short, he just wanted to save reika.

does "the one last time" always implies he's going to suicide? i doubt that,
    before he actually fought the alien, his argument was 100% valid that someone might need to leave behind to handle this, and he's the one who are reasonable enough to stay (because he wanted to test himself as a clone)

but then, the alien is too strong, "the one last time" may imply that he knows the alien is too strong and he'll die. The initial thought(did he plan to suicide? or did he plan to test himself?) remains unknown.

maybe oku see kei2 as a puppet, he adds this character just to show that the love of reika is infinite,then it may explain why he dies so quickly, the real romantic part is probably on 357 or sth.

to be honest, i dont think the quick death of kei2 is lame, this chapter reminds me of the thousand hand...
    Last edited by lolnameless; January 29, 2012 at 11:56 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@lolnameless: I hope it wasn't just for a bit of Reika development.

I have several problems with these chapters

1. Kei didn't have to fight this thing. In fact he shouldn't have had to fight it alone. And half the team comes back to save him... come on man. Fuck that. It's so contrived. Would real people act that way? I have a hard time believing it.
    2. I can't even tell what's going on. The drawings are so fucking bad now. The alien didn't even look like it was hanging on to the ceiling. It looked more like Oku had cut out an image of it standing up and just pasted it to the roof. We have zero perspective of what's really going on in the room. It's just a bunch of random poses, Kei shoots it, nothing happens, and then all of a sudden there's tiny chunks of damage on the alien, jellyfish flying everywhere, and then MAYBE it looks like Kei gave up mid-fight? It's too unclear what was happening there with Kei and the 'action' wasn't that fun to read.
    3. The alien took it's time killing Kei just so they could draw out this long, bullshit final moment between them (if it is a final moment). If they were going to do it, would have been better to make this monster actually seem threatening, instead of just a shitty plot device. While Kei was telling the group they should leave, it should have crushed his body instantly with whatever power it has. Don't draw it out like this ffs.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@lolnameless: I hope it wasn't just for a bit of Reika development.

I have several problems with these chapters

1. Kei didn't have to fight this thing. In fact he shouldn't have had to fight it alone. And half the team comes back to save him... come on man. Fuck that. It's so contrived. Would real people act that way? I have a hard time believing it.
    2. I can't even tell what's going on. The drawings are so fucking bad now. The alien didn't even look like it was hanging on to the ceiling. It looked more like Oku had cut out an image of it standing up and just pasted it to the roof. We have zero perspective of what's really going on in the room. It's just a bunch of random poses, Kei shoots it, nothing happens, and then all of a sudden there's tiny chunks of damage on the alien, jellyfish flying everywhere, and then MAYBE it looks like Kei gave up mid-fight? It's too unclear what was happening there with Kei and the 'action' wasn't that fun to read.
    3. The alien took it's time killing Kei just so they could draw out this long, bullshit final moment between them (if it is a final moment). If they were going to do it, would have been better to make this monster actually seem threatening, instead of just a shitty plot device. While Kei was telling the group they should leave, it should have crushed his body instantly with whatever power it has. Don't draw it out like this ffs.
    Yeah, The CG pretty much robs the progression of the story. Halftime I don't get what's going in the comic. Also, I don't understand how nerdo suit lost it's power, but kei getting stomped, thrown( at least that happened), and telekinesis'd is still working.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

How I hope the story would unfold:

Reika realized that Kurono untill now was fighting for those he wanted to protect, and so Reika would also realize to draw her power the same way as Kurono did in the past (from protecting the thing you love).

After killing the monster Kei2 and Reika are facing right now in manga, Kei2 and Reika should meet Tae. Tae all Kei-chan and Kei2 being unconscious, with Reika killing all monsters that come in front of her !!!

Kei2 (still unconscious), Tae and Reika would than reunite with Katou who would take care of Kei2 and Tae. Reika would say to herself that she will go fight the monsters, untill the last breath (death) to protect Kei2 and Tae.

Meanwhile Kei1 with his new team with gigantic mecha machines would face the blond giant and his soldiers.

While almost all gigantic mecha are destroyed Kei1 destroys the pillar and the mothership from giants starts to collapse. While the mothership from giants is starting to collapse, it would also depart from earth, traveling far into space.

After Kei1 would destroy the main pillar his gigantic mecha would get so broken, making him not even able to eject, what would force Kei1 to go outside only in a suit Oka was wearing.

So while Kei1 would try to get out of his gigantic mecha in order not to get crushed in it (remember the mothership from giants is collapsing), Cherry would eject himself with a flying motorcycle. Soon he would realize that he isn't able to go against blond giant with it, why all his friends would end up dead while runing away with flying motorcycle.

But becouse Cherry would than saw Kei1 only in his Oka sout still alive, he would also decide to abenden the flying motorcycle (but Cherry would still have Oka suit). With his superhuman power Cherry would defeat the blond giant, but be fatally injured in his stomach. Kei1 and Reika seeing this would run in order to help Cherry but they would be to late and only catch Cherry's body a few seconds before he would die.

Cherry realizing superhuman power is needed in order to defeat and win against the monsters, he would want to unlock also Reika's and Kurono's (Kei1) superhuman power and talk: "Protect those you love...". So with his last remaining strength Cherry would lift both his hands and place them on Reika's and Kurono's (Kei1) forehead in order to try and give them superhuman powers (like Itachi from Naruto, giving a bloody finger on Sasuke's forehead before dieing), but while begining to unlock the superhuman power Cherry would die, thinking: "Just a little more and I will completely unlock your powers...*" (*- before being successful Cherry would die, and superhuman powers from Kei1 and Reika would not be completely unlocked)

Both Reika and Kei1 after hearing Cherry's words would want to protect their partners (Reika->Kei2 and Kei1->Tae) and follow Katou's team, who would already depart in an alien space ship together with a giant woman that helped Kei1 and Tae before.

The only problem would be how to get in space and than back to earth (they would be close to Mars already). In that cofusion everybody on the ship would know that the ship is gona collapse any moment now, becouse all the big screens would be showing this warnings. An unknown man would than jump from gigantic mecha machine and run towards Reika, yelling: "We are dead !!!; Huh Reika is that you ???; Let me have plasure for the first and last time in my life... *" *while already completely undressed from Oka's suit and already underssing normal black suit, his head would be sliced by elastic wire that was cut, becouse the ship is dangerously collapsing.

Reika full of tears and on her knees: Kurono are we going to die ???

Kei1 would than remember that the suit from Oka provided him oxygen while he was batteling before, he would than tell this to Reika, who would need to dress herself in Oka's suit from a dead man that undressed before her, just a few seconds earlier.

The mothership would than explode, seeing only a small light getting away from the big explosion in universe, and gess who Reika and Kei1 would be on "flying motorcycle" Cherry left behind, and both dressed in Oka's souts that provides them oxygen !!!

Unfortenetly this wouldn't be the end, why Katou's team has taken an enormous ship in order to escape, what the giants in capsules and "galactic super airplanes" full of giants would want to take back. That "space ship" Katou and his team took would be in a matter of fact big enough, where the giants would be able to start living again.

With all giants fast cloasing towards Katou's space ship, which would travel slower than "galactic super airplanes". Katou and all would try to fight back (Kei2 would also regained consoucness and fight in order to protect Tae).

Kei1 and Reika still far away would only be able to see through IR image that Kei2, Katou and all are fighting giants.

Kei1: "Go faster you pice of trash (meaning flaying motorcycle) !!!"

Reika: "We have the same speed that those fast "galactic super airplanes" have, yet we can not catch up to them, becouse they departed earlyer !!!"

Kei1: "Fu*k, fu*k, fu*k !!!"

Soon most of the capsules and "galactic super airplanes" would land on space ship where Katou and his team is, so they would decide to self destruct the ship and die as they want (and not be eaten or killed by giants).

Kei1 and Reika seeing on screen Kei2 (now already unconscious) and Tae die together - embraced following with a big "BOOOM" (the space ship where all Katou's team was, along with Kei2 and Tae --> all get's destroyed in explosion), forcing Reika's and Kurono's flying motorbike back to earth.

This would still not end, why the pressure from atmosphere would almost completely destroy the flying machine and more importantly Oka's suits from where Reika and Kei1 (the only Kurono still alive) are getting air, would than crash land in ocean near Japan. There both Reika and Kurono would swim outside the water and both take a big breath !!!

A fishing boat would see something fall in ocean and go closer where they would notice 2 people (Reika and Kurono) and save them (Kei1 and Reika would fall asleep, the second that they would be rescued).

After docking the ship, and Kurono and Reika waking up. Both of them would only want to go home where they can rest in peace and think how to live the remaining of their life from now on. But Reika's home was destroyed and who knows if Kurono would even be able to find his entrance door intact, let alone his whole apartment even in 1 piece.

At the end they wouldn't have anything by them, and becouse they would be so tired they would go look at devastated landscape and than fall asleep in the park (Kurono would lay down on a tree, while Reika on a grass, with her head on Kurono's legs).

There they would sleep untill the next day, but the moment both of them would wake up and shake hands in order to forever say goodbye to each other (becouse they would be touching and Kei1/Kurono would still have his chip inside his head), they would both be transfered by Gantz to an enormous seacret room and have inplanted new chips. Here almost all people would be strange, ugly, selfish, and most important they would look really strong and well trained (best military soldiers). On top of that they all would allready be ready (fully armed with weapons) to go on a new mission.

Kurono and Reika both at the same time: "You have got to be kidding me !!!" ()

THE END

PS: In my head I developed a lot more, but writting everything would take to much time, so here "short summary":
    • Reika and Kurono (in my prediction only Kei1 is still alive) both discover their new powers:
      1. Reika defencive power- shield --> defending anybody near Reika; stress on Reika's human tissue, if used to much makes her muscles unable to move (cramps all over the body)
      2. Kurono offensive power - lightning --> compleatly frying down the enemy, untilll nothing, not even the ash would remain; a large stress on a nerve system from Kurono's human body, if used to much a headache or even temporarily loasing consciousness can occur
    • Reika meets a lesbian who confesses to Reika
    • Kurono becomes horny (no more Tae that releved his stress over night in a bed), but all women are afraid of his supernatural power only Reika not. The problem now is Reika is with another "sexy" women, making Kurono even more horny...
    • the lesbian that conessed to Reika gets killed
    • Kurono wants to get in bed with Reika, who now refuses him telling him she became lesbian
    • Reika realizing she can trust a woman, than falls in love with another woman who wants to do it with Reika only if Kurono would join
    • while Kurono happy to be invited by Reika into a bed with her and another women, a new mission comes (transfering them out of bethroom while all three of them just walked into it) and the woman wanting to do it with Kurono and Reika would "die"...
    • final mission and also defeating all people behind Gantz is a success
    • Tae and all other humans that died in missions are revived by Gantz, with no memory what really happened, believing a war with nuclear bombs occurred and they lost memory being to close to it and suffering from the aftershock of the blast
    • at the end Kurono would want to commit suicide while depressed (having no girlfriend), but stoped by Katou, who would than invite him to a drink in a local bar, where Kurono would puke all he drunk, after seeing Tae and Reika kissing in the back corner of a bar

END OF GANTZ SERIES

Oh people, sorry for a lot of text and some grammer mistakes, I just couldn't stop writing, and after finishing realized I don't want to reread and correct everything myself either (to freaking long !!!)...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; February 01, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

19. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ epic story. the ending to that made me lol. I'd feel pretty sorry for Kurono if that happened.
    bad enough for Kurono having Reika go lesbian, but now Tae? I wouldn't be surprised or blame him if he continues with his suicide after that.
    I'm hoping for a more happier ending for Kurono than that

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OK so i found it annoying and stupid that kei chan ever fell for tae and then the whole copy deal happened and we didnt have a choice one had to go with tae and the other with rika.

NOW the second kurono still has feelings for tae? WTF!? HAS HE TAKEN A SECOND LOOK AT ReIKA? or is he blind? i mean he was always fantasizing about girl with big boobs and shit, even wanting to rape kei(voluptuous girl in 1st chapter) in the earlier chapters.

i dont even...wtf man...i guess he loves girls that look lke they still havent gone though puberty yet? author certainly made it look otherwise before...

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    Good IM glad. Fuck you Reika.

If some bitch took me from the love of my life, the last thing IM gonna do is fall in love with the bitch.
    if some sexy VOLUMPTOUS bitch of my dreams aka reika took me away from the love of my life (love that i forced on myself anyways because TAE was the only kind/type of girl i could get) so that i can be with her because she loves me as much as i love tae, THE LAST thing im gonna do is ever mention tae again and live happily ever after with the girl of my dreams. plus i can live happy knowing tae's served as well with another version of me so no need to even remotly think bout her again
    no hard feelings tae...lol
    Last edited by bighawke5; January 30, 2012 at 05:02 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast