Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glorious

12 36.36%
  • Fair

17 51.52%
  • Shameful

4 12.12%
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 123 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 123 Spoiler Thread

So, think Clare's ready to rock the world?
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; February 07, 2012 at 11:09 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Awe damn lol. would have been cool if they could

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

English scanlation with gernot's translation:
    http://mibscanlations.blogspot.com/2...apter-123.html

Gernot's translation: http://mangahelpers.com/t/gernot/releases/33338

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read it , so what do u think miria is trying to do ..... get Hysteria to fly(ish) into the middle of Roxanne and Cassandras battle? in hopes that they kill her?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah thats how it sounded. Probably hoping to get all three of them fighting and cause at least a little damage to each other.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the chapter, I didn't like it. At all. First Miria was explaining to Cynthia (i.e. readers) what Hysteria was doing which at this point probably everyone knew (or suspected at least). But Yagi still had to do it so every kid out there would understand. There wasn't that much hand-holding earlier (before Clare's disappearance that is). Later on the other hand Dr. Deneve has shown so great analytical skills that Miria looked like a retard in comparison, who asked again and again "huh?"... And during all this time Dee was dying (well, not really but she's was and is seriously injured), Hysteria was waiting (till Deneve and Miria will stop talking) and Cynthia and Yuma instead of helping other Claymores were chatting too.

What's more Cynthia saying "No need to get up" cracked me up but not in a good way. Imagine you would visit someone in a hospital that would have broken legs and you would tell him "no need to get up", lol. I know that Claymores are tougher than humans but Dee was missing 3 meters of intestines which for humans would be very much fatal. Yagi has shown here that he can be really bad in writing dialogues.

Miria thinking she would be almost as strong as Abyssal if she awakened also didn't make much sense and showed Miria's stupidity. I mean, Miira had trouble with unawakened Hysteria who wasn't even using youki (at least not visibly and not for a long period of time) even though she went to her absolute limits before awakening (and Yagi BTW stretched his rules quite a bit but that's irrelevant at this point).

But the most stupid thing in this chapter was that Dr. Deneve arbitrarily decided that Miria is a messiah and everyone owe everything to Miria... Wait, not the most stupid thing. The second most stupid thing since Hysteria saying "listen: the reason blah blah blah" takes the cake. Why would she explain it to Nike? Does it seem natural to any of you? It was forceful way of Yagi to explain himself to readers. And of course Deneve knows everything, what Miria is planning etc. She even gives an order to Anastasia and tells her to regenerate, lol.

Seriously, the degree of hand-holding, concentration of it, is off the charts. And now I've realized one of the reasons I love Clare so much and chapters with her. When she was in the centre there was no Deneve or Miria or some other retard to explain things to us and hand-hold. And in rare cases when something was explained it was done in Clare's mind so there was no break for tea and conversation during battle as it is now for example.

There were also things I really disliked which I've mentioned earlier like the plan to make Hysteria go were other ZAOs fight (or bring ZAOs to Hysteria, whichever would make the story stupid), the fact that Helen is never hit and those who are can easily regenerate it (Deneve even without a part of her head could perform her duty as a doctor), Dee being the only exception (but she's still alive and will remain so) and some other things which I'm too tired to mention.

There were some good lines like: "I'll chop all of you up so finely that I can just drink you!", which cracked me up but positively but it was too little to change my opinion about the chapter.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So your telling me that prior to Chapter 123 you knew that hysteria was shooting those things into the ground using them to change her direction then pull it back?...You knew that she reaches the apex of her hight when she first jumps and that she can only move to the side or down? wow that's a lot to extrapolate from the few pages we got of her using her ability in 122.

And as for Deneve she has always been like that even when she fought in Peita 7years ago...she acted the same way with clare after jean pulled her back as she did with Miria now...also i think that Deneve is one of the stronger members of the group........

And did anyone else notice that Mirias uniform is in perfect condition in this chapter.....yet there should be rips from were both her arms were cut off and from her using her "advanced phantom" which Hysteria said "rips both there bodys apart when they collide"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    As for the chapter, I didn't like it. At all. First Miria was explaining to Cynthia (i.e. readers) what Hysteria was doing which at this point probably everyone knew (or suspected at least). But Yagi still had to do it so every kid out there would understand. There wasn't that much hand-holding earlier (before Clare's disappearance that is). Later on the other hand Dr. Deneve has shown so great analytical skills that Miria looked like a retard in comparison, who asked again and again "huh?"... And during all this time Dee was dying (well, not really but she's was and is seriously injured), Hysteria was waiting (till Deneve and Miria will stop talking) and Cynthia and Yuma instead of helping other Claymores were chatting too.

What's more Cynthia saying "No need to get up" cracked me up but not in a good way. Imagine you would visit someone in a hospital that would have broken legs and you would tell him "no need to get up", lol. I know that Claymores are tougher than humans but Dee was missing 3 meters of intestines which for humans would be very much fatal. Yagi has shown here that he can be really bad in writing dialogues.

Miria thinking she would be almost as strong as Abyssal if she awakened also didn't make much sense and showed Miria's stupidity. I mean, Miira had trouble with unawakened Hysteria who wasn't even using youki (at least not visibly and not for a long period of time) even though she went to her absolute limits before awakening (and Yagi BTW stretched his rules quite a bit but that's irrelevant at this point).

But the most stupid thing in this chapter was that Dr. Deneve arbitrarily decided that Miria is a messiah and everyone owe everything to Miria... Wait, not the most stupid thing. The second most stupid thing since Hysteria saying "listen: the reason blah blah blah" takes the cake. Why would she explain it to Nike? Does it seem natural to any of you? It was forceful way of Yagi to explain himself to readers. And of course Deneve knows everything, what Miria is planning etc. She even gives an order to Anastasia and tells her to regenerate, lol.

Seriously, the degree of hand-holding, concentration of it, is off the charts. And now I've realized one of the reasons I love Clare so much and chapters with her. When she was in the centre there was no Deneve or Miria or some other retard to explain things to us and hand-hold. And in rare cases when something was explained it was done in Clare's mind so there was no break for tea and conversation during battle as it is now for example.

There were also things I really disliked which I've mentioned earlier like the plan to make Hysteria go were other ZAOs fight (or bring ZAOs to Hysteria, whichever would make the story stupid), the fact that Helen is never hit and those who are can easily regenerate it (Deneve even without a part of her head could perform her duty as a doctor), Dee being the only exception (but she's still alive and will remain so) and some other things which I'm too tired to mention.

There were some good lines like: "I'll chop all of you up so finely that I can just drink you!", which cracked me up but positively but it was too little to change my opinion about the chapter.
    agree completely (except for the liking factor), still loved it tough

the only variable important to me is entertainment - after long wait i was excited and the development in early pages (Anastasia and Dietrich) almost gave me an infarction, my heart was pounding like a beast and that means something...

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    So your telling me that prior to Chapter 123 you knew that hysteria was shooting those things into the ground using them to change her direction then pull it back?...You knew that she reaches the apex of her hight when she first jumps and that she can only move to the side or down? wow that's a lot to extrapolate from the few pages we got of her using her ability in 122.

And as for Deneve she has always been like that even when she fought in Peita 7years ago...she acted the same way with clare after jean pulled her back as she did with Miria now...also i think that Deneve is one of the stronger members of the group........

And did anyone else notice that Mirias uniform is in perfect condition in this chapter.....yet there should be rips from were both her arms were cut off and from her using her "advanced phantom" which Hysteria said "rips both there bodys apart when they collide"
    there wouldnt be a problem with explaining things if there wasnt 30pages per month... waisting them is not good.. i didnt realize she could have gone only down after she jumps but the technique itself was explained in first page where it was clear those spikes are connected to her, also the whole after jump she will only go down is stupid because she can also use those spikes to get on the ground instantly meaning she can jump instantly too so she has top speed in all 3 directions... so saying she will only go down is meaningless - unless she cant pull herself down for some reason
    Last edited by spit; February 07, 2012 at 06:02 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What they ment by she can only move to the side or down is that after she jumps into the air she can only move to the sides or down while she is in the air....meaning that while she is in mid air she cant "fly" higher in the air, she has to retouch the ground and jump back up....but like you said she can get to the ground and jump back up in a matter of seconds..... and i think that all Hysteria has to do is launch 2 or 3 of those "anchors" at the same time that way helen cant stop them all i hope Hysteria rips Miria apart....i am sorry but after she so selfishly cut down tabitha and betrayed her friends i lost respect for her...and its only after the fact that she realized that she needs there help......and if u ask me the 3 new AO and all the Warriors lives who were lost all falls on her if she had waited for the other ghosts and attacked the Org like they planned then the org would have fallen and there would have been no chance of the warriors to be Revived.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this chapter does not have much information, and it is source for speculation. All that I can say is: Anastacia and Dietrich ------------> HOT HOT HOT

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you on this, Goral. We need Clare back, and fast.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Well; I do not now how Clare is going to appear, because as far as we have seen the large mass of youki released by the awakened claymores are not affecting that (at least that we see something in the next chapter), so in my opinion I think they need to translate the fight where Clare and Priscilla are. But everything is so open that anything could happen.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Miria's plan succeeds, maybe the three of them fighting each other will be what finally catches Priscilla's attention. And then Clare will come back too. Wonder how Priscilla would fare against the three of them. Now THAT would be an awesome fight to see, assuming Cassandra and Roxanne would ever actually agree to work together.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You know that makes sense , because if all 3 are fighting then there yoki will clash with each other ! gaining prissys attention.

But i think theres to much sexual tension between Roxanne and Cassandra for them to ever work together lol.
    Personally i dont want any of the New AO to die but Roxannes my favorite so i hope she kill Cassandra

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope Hysteria rips Miria apart....i am sorry but after she so selfishly cut down tabitha and betrayed her friends i lost respect for her...and its only after the fact that she realized that she needs there help......and if u ask me the 3 new AO and all the Warriors lives who were lost all falls on her if she had waited for the other ghosts and attacked the Org like they planned then the org would have fallen and there would have been no chance of the warriors to be Revived.
    yes, exactly what i think, im not sure if it (her betrayal) was just plot device or it will have further implications or Miria is just different we all thought she was.. i dont want her defeated but AOs dont deserve to fall because of ghosts and Miria alone + like you said her betrayal and still not giving damn about it - she could use a little despair to get her senses back

it started with ghosts' arrival - instead of explaining herself properly (which is impossible because it didnt make any sence) there was something about her needing ghosts' strength
    meaning that if she was powerful enough, she wouldnt care about ghosts and after succesfuly destroying organization she would have come back and smile to their faces - unforgivable

up till now she looked badass and ruthless on the outside but caring for her people, now she jumps to several conclusions in a matter of seconds and acts like she is superior:
    her wanting to awaken was exciting plot twist indeed, but what was sacrificed in the process was big part of what was left from Miria's personality - she appears undecisive (Deneve 'persuaded' her? where is her strong will?) and needs other people to reassure her?

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatintheHat View Post
    All that I can say is: Anastacia and Dietrich ------------> HOT HOT HOT
    highlight of this chapter for me , when both of them 'got it' i was really on edge and punched my pillow, prayed that they would make it alive
    also seems Anastasia will play bigger role in the near future - cant wait

there was one picture of Dietrich which i didnt like though, i dont like when Yagi tries to shade the face realistic,

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I'm with you on this, Goral. We need Clare back, and fast.
    i think we are all gonna be disappointed though, she could easily become different, have some weird powerup or changed personality, even if she is the same - the new situation (ghosts having 'new members', big teamwork now) could get weird, simply - it wont be the same as before

but i definitely want to see the moment when she arrives and all new members will meet this reckless powerfull warrior which is impossible to read, i can already see their curious faces and Clare acting like everything is normal, id say Yagi would rather make her introduction during fight though

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Personally i dont want any of the New AO to die but Roxannes my favorite so i hope she kill Cassandra
    she is too cute to die (please look at your avatar)
    Last edited by spit; February 08, 2012 at 08:25 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast