Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glorious

    12 36.36%
  • Fair

    17 51.52%
  • Shameful

    4 12.12%
New Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 125

Thread: Claymore 123 Discussion

  1. #61
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Spoiler Thread

    Oh i know Cassandra is one of the Cutest awakened Beings ever....until she opens her mouth and starts talking she is to cocky...now i dont know if that is just to Roxanne or what but still Cassandra has a complete personality change and i dont like it....so if one has to die i hope its her...

    Mainly cuz roxanne is hot and i want to see more of her ^.^

    yeah seems like Miria see's the ghosts as nothing more then pawns in her plot to crush the Org. And the fact that she was willing to awaken even though she knew she could attack her own comrades ..... i think the group is in need of a new leader.

    As for Clare....why do people assume that its prissy who is going to break out of the blog and head to the AO.....do not forget that Raki is still at the Org. i got a feeling that he may be what gets clares attention.

    And what is the relationship between Miria and Tabitha ..... kind seems like there lovers?...then again the fact that 90% of the cast are Female....but yet Miria and Tabithas relationship seems different from Helen and Deneve's so it seems like there more then friends
    Last edited by number12michael; February 08, 2012 at 09:19 AM.

  2. #62
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Disc / 124 Pred Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    So your telling me that prior to Chapter 123 you knew that hysteria was shooting those things into the ground using them to change her direction then pull it back?...
    I knew she was jumping (how else could she reach the heights?) and I knew she was using these blades for change of direction and going down but I thought she was extending her limbs for that and grappling the loop of the blade with it, not that she had special rope/wire attached for that (so the loop doesn't have much significance it seems). And on AS there were many people who got that right.
    Anyway, it became obvious with the first page of chapter 123 so Miria's explanation was unnecessary since the pictures in frames/panels 3 and 4 were self explanatory. And the limits that came with it were also rather obvious and even if someone wouldn't get them at first he would later when it would be exploited. This hand-holding and showing answers before the reader has the time to think for himself are bad IMO.

    As for the chapter itself, for all the high ranking this chapter got there aren't many posts that support that. People gave the chapter highest notes but from the posts I don't see any positive sides of it. It's mainly HK's fault for giving only 3 choices (a 5 is a minimum and 10 would be optimal IMO). That's why often I voted for "chapter sucked" when I would rate it 4/10 or 2/5.

  3. #63
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    Slovakia
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Disc / 124 Pred Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I knew she was jumping (how else could she reach the heights?) and I knew she was using these blades for change of direction and going down but I thought she was extending her limbs for that and grappling the loop of the blade with it, not that she had special rope/wire attached for that (so the loop doesn't have much significance it seems). And on AS there were many people who got that right.
    Anyway, it became obvious with the first page of chapter 123 so Miria's explanation was unnecessary since the pictures in frames/panels 3 and 4 were self explanatory. And the limits that came with it were also rather obvious and even if someone wouldn't get them at first he would later when it would be exploited. This hand-holding and showing answers before the reader has the time to think for himself are bad IMO.

    As for the chapter itself, for all the high ranking this chapter got there aren't many posts that support that. People gave the chapter highest notes but from the posts I don't see any positive sides of it. It's mainly HK's fault for giving only 3 choices (a 5 is a minimum and 10 would be optimal IMO). That's why often I voted for "chapter sucked" when I would rate it 4/10 or 2/5.
    as i said, i agree, but this doesnt hinder the entertainment value for me at all, the experience i had when reading it was worth rating it 5/5 you might say its because it is claymore and that this chapter alone is still bad - for me it doesnt matter, crappy chapter or not if i had good time reading it... i dont care if the chapter is crappy and i liked it just because the plot developed a little or because i just wanted more - for me entertainment is absolute

    as for the things you talked about : i do mind those inconsistencies and they do anger me especially because until now i didnt notice such problems present, but the overwhelming positive value of other things makes them quite minor in comparison, it would have to get far worse for me to rate claymore chapter mediocre

  4. #64
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Disc / 124 Pred Thread

    I get what yeah mean... and i agree her explanation was not really needed....but thats no reason to say the chapter is bad lol...its Yagis story and obviously this is how he wants the story to go. but i do agree her ability became obvious in the first page... maybe miria was really telling it to Yuma and Cynthia....maybe the explanation was for the story line , or maybe its just to conferm thats what she is actually doing and they add the information that she can only go side or down so her explanation was not usless. and because she explaned it i knew that somehow helen was going to disrupt the blade hitting the ground...sure enough it happened ^^....but why did miria not cut off Hysterias head? she like attacked her from behind...hysteris was shocked then miria attacked again and hysteria blocked the attack....

    And i am glad to see that Hysteria keeps her word even as an Awakened Being

  5. #65
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    Slovakia
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Mainly cuz roxanne is hot and i want to see more of her ^.^
    fair enough

    roxane rocks and still is my least fav new AO, i liked her most when Cassie awakened and she went from pretentious bitch to pure evil, her smile at that moment was priceless

    ---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post

    And i am glad to see that Hysteria keeps her word even as an Awakened Being
    if that didnt happen, i would be really angry

  6. #66
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Spoiler Thread

    yeah i kinda like nike

    But i was just thinking what would be the Ghoasts new numbers..

    Miria- Mid level #1
    Deneve- Mid level #1
    Helen-Average #1
    Tabitha-(cant really say because we have not seen her relese yoki) but i would say Avergage #1 based on her yoki senseing abilitys.
    Yuma- #5
    Cynthia-#3
    Clare-mid level #1
    Last edited by number12michael; February 08, 2012 at 12:43 PM.

  7. #67
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    Slovakia
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Spoiler Thread

    normaly i would say Helen or Deneve cant be on par with average #1

    but look at #2 Irene - the only thing she had was quicksword yeah she may have mastered it and had many exp but comparing to Clare's generation i think Galatea itself is not far away (in total power)
    i keep thinking older generations were stronger for some reason but i dont believe it
    so they might have a shot against Irene

    Miria isnt worse from Galatea and her fight with Hysteria makes me believe she is on weak #1 post Hysteria being serious (read using yoki) = end of Miria

    comparing Miria to Teresa is not even laughable, but i can imagine Hysteria at least put up a fight
    then there are twins - Rafaela is Irene level or above( probably high above) and Alicia is real monster - i think tho whole ghost team would be just enough to equal strong #1

    i think #1 position shows most variable power of claymores - due to the fact that all of them are really talented and that creates great power gaps

    Deneve/Helen - #2 at most (even #4 Ofelia was terrifying - even more against AB!!) but Galatea should be able to handle any one of them
    Last edited by spit; February 08, 2012 at 02:09 PM.

  8. #68
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Spoiler Thread

    I forgot Galatea , she is different because she is really strong and if the opponent uses yoki then there dead......if the opponent has yoki then galatea is a mid level #1 . but if the opponent dose not use yoki then she is that of a number 2 because of her handycap ..... like someone like Rafaela or Roxanne would destroy her.

    My question now is Yuma was #40 at the war in the north.. what would her number be now?

  9. #69
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Africa and America.
    Country
    South Africa
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    926
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Disc / 124 Pred Thread

    I read this month's chapter, and it feels like I've been reading the same thing in the past 4 months now. This fight with the former #1's has reached it's peak. This is worse than Bleach, because it's "monthly" and not "weekly".

    Almost forgot, Claire, was the main character of this series. I was beginning to think it was Mira.

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #70
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SpeedyIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Disc / 124 Pred Thread

    After I read this chapter I got the idea that Miria was gonna use Anistasia's hair technique to somehow slingshot Hysteria into the fight with Cassandra and Roxanne.

  12. #71
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Disc / 124 Pred Thread

    Ha sister Miria pulled out a superman and got to ride on an Awakened in one chapter....

    I'm starting to miss Clare...

  13. #72
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Disc / 124 Pred Thread

    A long time ago when Dae was given permission to proceed with resurrecting the #1's, I said that maybe they would team up against Priscilla. Spit's prior post going on about the strengths of the warriors makes me think back to how Alicia was utterly pawned by Pricilla despite easily being on par with any of the three new abyssals. I'm thinking it's kinda important that at least two out of the three new ones survive to battle Priscilla, as Riful herself said that the only possible way to defeat Pricilla was if she had teamed up with Luciela. Since Cassandra and Roxanne would never team up, maybe Hysteria will join forces with one of them or possibly Claire/destroyer. I'm guessing that whichever of the abyssals survive, when they come face to face with Priscilla, it will be just like when Riful first met Priscilla protecting Isley and they will get nervous and join forces.

    Deneve stated that she needed Anastasia to do something. Most likely to spread her hair near Cassandra and Roxanne, Miria is maybe going to trick hysteria into using a strong attack which she will dodge and the attack will hit one of the other two, leading the way for a 3 way battle. On a side note I would like to mention that Roxanne will probably win the fight. Both Cassandra and Hysteria show their trademark talents in their awakened forms, Cassandra has her evasion and Hysteria her speed, but Roxanne hasn't yet displayed her ability to adapt and mimick her opponents skills. Maybe in the next chapter we will see her own evasion rise by copying Cassandra's movements, she does seem to be enjoying the battle as their is clearly a smile on her face, when in the last chapter she is shown surprised that Cassandra can dodge her attacks.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #73
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Disc / 124 Pred Thread

    i hope we get to see Roxanne's awakened power soon

  16. #74
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    Slovakia
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    My question now is Yuma was #40 at the war in the north.. what would her number be now?
    when i read the manga i was not able to keep track of Yuma Cynthia and Tabitia so i have no idea, also i dont remember them showing us something that we could use to analzye their strength - and this supports my theory that their power dont and wont matter.. their only usefulness in whole manga is/will be support with their abilities

    gost team becomes ONE BEING - versatile and self-sustained - they have repair station and all kinds of abilities - that is the only thing that allows them to survive against any kind of enemy

    no technique is absolute . even PYSA could be easily beaten with Rafutela's technique

    ---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    I read this month's chapter, and it feels like I've been reading the same thing in the past 4 months now. This fight with the former #1's has reached it's peak. This is worse than Bleach, because it's "monthly" and not "weekly".
    im not sure if you are saying that the quality dropped (and im not even gonna say it is not true maybe it is maybe it isnt dont care), but despite Bleach being weekly current arch goes really slowly (and thats the least important problem here) , and i cant help but not like it at all - and what is it with the last chapter ? new characters? the new male is total waste of time - the only reason i didnt drop it is because im hoping for something that will at least be comparable to final Aizen arch
    sorry for going about different manga...

    ---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyIX View Post
    After I read this chapter I got the idea that Miria was gonna use Anistasia's hair technique to somehow slingshot Hysteria into the fight with Cassandra and Roxanne.
    i hope that wont happen

    ---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kakavodka View Post
    A long time ago when Dae was given permission to proceed with resurrecting the #1's, I said that maybe they would team up against Priscilla. Spit's prior post going on about the strengths of the warriors makes me think back to how Alicia was utterly pawned by Pricilla despite easily being on par with any of the three new abyssals. I'm thinking it's kinda important that at least two out of the three new ones survive to battle Priscilla, as Riful herself said that the only possible way to defeat Pricilla was if she had teamed up with Luciela. Since Cassandra and Roxanne would never team up, maybe Hysteria will join forces with one of them or possibly Claire/destroyer. I'm guessing that whichever of the abyssals survive, when they come face to face with Priscilla, it will be just like when Riful first met Priscilla protecting Isley and they will get nervous and join forces.

    Deneve stated that she needed Anastasia to do something. Most likely to spread her hair near Cassandra and Roxanne, Miria is maybe going to trick hysteria into using a strong attack which she will dodge and the attack will hit one of the other two, leading the way for a 3 way battle. On a side note I would like to mention that Roxanne will probably win the fight. Both Cassandra and Hysteria show their trademark talents in their awakened forms, Cassandra has her evasion and Hysteria her speed, but Roxanne hasn't yet displayed her ability to adapt and mimick her opponents skills. Maybe in the next chapter we will see her own evasion rise by copying Cassandra's movements, she does seem to be enjoying the battle as their is clearly a smile on her face, when in the last chapter she is shown surprised that Cassandra can dodge her attacks.
    interesting ideas
    i cant imagine well AOs being freinds with ghosts but it is not impossible - mankinds greatest unifying factor = common enemy
    damn you made Roxane look much more terrifying that is healthy

  17. #75
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 123 Disc / 124 Pred Thread

    Well my internet was out for a few days, so I've just read the chapter. It wasn't bad, and would have been perfectly fine in a weekly. Still hope things are going to get moving fast now. And I think they are. I assume the thing they need to ask Anastasia to do is make her hair go to Cass and Roxy. Once that happens things should definitly move towards the end.

    What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

New Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts