Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glorious

12 36.36%
  • Fair

17 51.52%
  • Shameful

4 12.12%
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 123 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 123 Disc / 124 Pred Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Louvre View Post
    Link please ?
    This from Tieba Baidu, it is the chinese version

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1434451354

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's actually quite an exciting chapter. Cassandra and Roxy are really starting to shred each other to pieces. Hysteria's is showing of shape shifting ability that reminds me of Isley. Good stuff, can't wait for the translation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I've been (temporarily) banned from Animesuki (don't try to be the mediator guys, it's not worth it), I'm gonna put down my thoughts over here as they come.

First off, I love that really old picture of Miria being colored so realistically now -- I imagine Fenrir and several other huge Miria fans will love it

My first impression is that I'm happy it doesn't look like Hysteria and the other ZAOS are brain-dead...Miria has indeed tried her my-six-year-old-cousin-could-come-up-with-that idea of getting the ZAOS to bump into eachother and kill eachother which, thank god, doesn't look like it's working...Roxanne and Cassandra are still at eachother and Hysteria, despite seemingly getting in the way, doesn't change that....Roxanne is having too much fun fighting with Cassie, and Cassie, is simply fighting back.

Now, whether this also means that Hysteria indeed also caught on to what Miria was trying to do, wouldn't surprise me -- she's arrogant, and it looks like something to be taken advantage of if her weakness in obsessing over elegance has anything to do with it, but she's also very smart as last chapter has shown and is quick to figure things out.

Her wings seem like a rip-off of Priscilla's, but I think she's aiming for the Teresa/Claire statue which people say she resembles (the head though reminds me of Alicia's head).

What I laughed at this chapter though, and Gooral is gonna crack up when he sees it, is how insanely Superman-ish Miria was....I mean, she was before, but this one just takes the cake in how many pictures we see of Miria jumping up...and Deneve pumping her fists, everyone looking like they are putting their hands together....This chapter was very "believe in yourself" (which has been argued what the manga as a whole as become); that's the feeling I got; I'm happy though that Dr.D doesn't seem to take center-stage this time around, even though she still is probably telling everyone what to do.

The ending was....weird -- their wasn't much tension (ironic with the hair XD); I mean, it seemed like the whole thing with Ana's hair was to help Miria reach Hysteria, but in the end, she went TOO high and went over...that's just silly XD.

If nothing else, I'm happy in this chapter that we got to see Cassie and Roxanne fight, and we weren't skipped like with the Isley vs Luciella fight...one thing is to make things open to interpretation/imagination -- it's another thing entirely to omit huge sections and come off as sheer laziness.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I found Roxanne a bit creepy, but I have to admit her awakened form's resemblance to an iron maiden is pretty cool.
    Last edited by Cyclone; February 29, 2012 at 08:21 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cyclone.....as in Animesuki's Cyclone? or are you somebody else?

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

I like how Roxanne is seemingly stronger then Cassandra....her mimicry in her Awakened form takes the form of morphing her appendenges similar to Isley changing his arms....Cassie is a powerhouse as ever, but Roxanne has brains and shape-shifting on her side...so long as Roxanne doesn't act stupid, she should win...

Not that I want her too, or any of the ZAOs to die.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understand both Cassandra and Hysteria's form now, since they serve to further their technique in their Awakened state somehow. While I like Roxanne's form, it still makes me wonder if that is all there is to it. If so, I guess her form takes after thorns/vines. Hard to say. I am still banking on there being some trick Roxanne is hiding.

I was worried all 3 ZAO's forms were just going to be plain ABs and made in a rush. With Cassandra's form performing the dust eater and Hysteria's form having anchors it does seem that their forms are at least special and thought out.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's hard to say....because we know Yagi, to some degree, makes things up as he goes...Hysteria was good because their does seem to be some thought put into it beforehand; Roxanne still seems a bit too much like a Riful-copy, but at least her changing of her tentacles seems to fit with her mimicry.

As for Cassandra, she is still a bit too much like Agatha, but maybe that's the point..she's a power-house and It does seem to fit with that role; I think what it all boils down too is, time....it's gonna take more time for the AB forms to grow on us, which is yet another reason why I don't want any of the ZAOs to die anytime soon .

I wish though that Hysteria didn't rip her wings off of Priscilla....Priscilla + Alicia + Teresa/Claire statue = Hysteria, right now.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cassandra and Roxanne seem exactly the same strength to me. when you're that kind of even in strength it usually tends to be a back and forth and that's what we're seeing between the two of them. Cassandra had an early lead, not Roxanne is taking the battle seriously and using her projectile thorn/sword appendages and shows us that Cassandra isn't just going to beat her without taking things seriously but even though she's managed to slice a few of the heads and even get a foot on Cassandra (it's not a knock down lol, she's always in that position^^) Cassie comes right back and tears something off of her. Actually considering that both of them are constantly grinning at one another id say that they're both enjoying this battle.

On a note though Roxanne has not done any shape shifting akin to Isley at all. The only thing she's done so far is regrown/reloaded her slingshot whip projectiles. It seem's to show Cassandra thinking she's out of shots, which she proves wrong. She doesn't change them she just swings the unloaded tentacles at one point. The Shape shifting was done by Hysteria who actually produced an entirely new shape (wings different then her originals entirely). All the RAOS have been Regenerating to some extent so Roxanne still hasn't really impressed me; outside of being a boss

(note RAOS= Resurrected abyssal ones. I prefer this term because zombie's (ZOAS)are undead and these creatures are quite obviously alive)

Anyone else feel like it would make sense for Hysteria to just fly away right now? I mean seriously instead of going after Miria just turn around and leave? She'd get 1000 respect points from me for not being a tool and taking the bait.
    Last edited by SaphG1; February 29, 2012 at 09:06 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, their powers-levels are still speculative to eachother (I see it as Roxanne>Cassandra>Hysteria), but Cassie is a power-house wheras Roxanne's strength always laid in her potential...having AB forms that are a reflection of, well, everything about them including their techniques is only natural; Roxanne was simply spiteing Cassandra and having fun messing with her as she always done, and Cassandra is simply retaliating back - her Awakening pushing down her soft sweetness into this "i'm the boss" attitude that's dominant right now, though that's just on the surface.

Thing is though, is that none of the ZAOs have any reason to be there...it would be beyond awesome if Hysteria just up and left as you said, since she has a brain, and isn't that stupid enough to get into an unnecessary fight (then again, those two words sum up so many of the fights we see >_<). Who knows if it will actually happen though.

I've gotten used to saying ZAOs; that's just what everbody else ended up saying *shrug...I think their was a very good reason for it, I just have to find it.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Wow, this place isn't like Animesuki at all....I thought their would be a dozen or more people all racing to reply...then again, right now, it doesn't look like their are that many people over there either -- another awkward feeling month, probably because it feels like the chapter came out so soon and abruptly.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

At any rate; shouldn't their be a new chapter thread being made? or however that works?

Hopefully we'll see more abilities on Roxanne so we'll see more of her mimicry/adaptability in action....with her potential, she should be very creative in her attacks as an AB.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Knightwalker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too bad of a chapter seems like we might see Miria's plan come into some sort of fruition in the next chapter. I defintely enjoyed seeing the interaction between Cassandra and Roxanne, mostly since the last number of chapters have been very Hysteria-centric. Interesting though was the fact that Roxanne was able to take the upper hand and seemingly overpower Cassandra, makes me think that she was toying with Cassandra the whole time. Glad to see that Roxanne kept her sadisitic side post awakening.

I'm not sure how I feel about Hysteria growing another pair of wings, at least these seem to fit her better and looks more like actual wings used in fighting versus the ornament looking ones she initially had.

Shiek I defintely agree with you, the Super Miria scenes in the end were a bit too much. At this point someone should photoshop an "S" in the middle of her claymore uniform

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She definitely was just toying with Cassie....it's the only reason she's fighting Cassie right now -- just to mess with her, instead of just up and leaving. Roxanne, though she far surpasses anyone else in the whole manga in terms of evil, does have Ophelia's sadism -- and like Ophelia, that sometimes overrules her better judgement and common sense....it was pure luck that she forced to awaken because, if she didn't, she would already be dead.

Hopefully she's learned her lesson and just isn't messing with Cassie for laughs...though that's probably true.

If anything, I wonder if having wings that actually do their job versus look fancy, may be an indication that Hysteria has given up her obsession with superficial elegence -- so long as they get the job done, it's all good. She could do to learn such a lesson and maybe she has.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I am very impressed with Cassandra's regenerating power, i think Cassandra is the one who is toying with Roxanne lol

Hysteria's new form is like the combination of awakened forms of Jean and Priscilla. I think it looks much more better than her previous form :3

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Could very well be...I'm inclined to think otherwise since Cassandra isn't showing much brains right now -- Roxanne is perfect manipulator whereas Cassandra is totally innocent, and her Awakening has only traded that for aggression; still, she doesn't feel like she's changed.

Whatever the case is, Cassandra just doesn't feel like the type to toy at all, with anybody -- she's open and, now, brutal...she doesn't bother with deceit or trickery; it's not her style.

I get Priscilla, but how do you see Jean in Hysteria's form? Is it the head? Because I always saw that as being Alicia's head, which is basically is minus the real eyes over glowing eyes.

Though the wings might feel like Jeans though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Louvre's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think that Cassandra is the one toying with Roxanne.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the wings feels like the combo of Jean's and Priscilla's wings, and notice how now Hysteria body is divided with human like skin and sections with awakened flesh (darken color), some parts of Jean's awakened body is divided like that i think

Hysteria head does look like Alicia's especially in her new form

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast